Editing a story

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I just submitted a story about 20 minutes ago and there were a few things I wanted to change on it. For the life of me I can't find any way to edit the story. Is it even possible? And if it is how do I go about doing it?

Editing

There's two ways.

1) Click on "My Stories" under your name... In the list of your stories, you'll see "Edit" in the 3rd column.

2) View your story.
At the top, you should see three "tabs": View | Edit | Outline.

If you click the 2nd tab (Edit) you can change to your heart's content. (The third tab is used to link together chapters / episodes in longer works.)

Good Luck.

Anne

I just clicked on your story

Angharad's picture

and the options came up for me. Try again and if they don't, drop Erin a personal message, it could be you need to be upgraded to author or something.

Oh, and welcome to BCTS.

Angharad

Angharad

Re: Editing a story

When you first register as a member the editing functions aren't fully enabled. Once you post your first story, one of the admins will upgrade your account so that you have full editing capability. The functions mentioned by Annette then become available.

D.L.

Thanks everybody. Looks

Daniela Wolfe's picture

Thanks everybody. Looks like I didn't have the privileges yet as D.L. said. Everything is good now I was given editing privileges and fixed what I needed too.

Have delightfully devious day,

Author status

erin's picture

I have to turn on author status for you, which I just did. And you do need to edit the story to say that it's permitted to post it here. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I need a new editor for my stories.

I need a new editor for my stories. Don Kaufman has declined taking new stories from me now.
The series is the Omega Unicorn series that I am currently writing. Right now I have finished Chapter 30 for Book Five of the series.

Sincerely yours,
Rachel76m
(Rick B. Mowry)