Christmas Holiday Contest Question

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Just a question! Recently I posted a story, "Aunt Adele's Christmas Gift," as a Christmas Contest entry, but I don't see it among those stories in competition. Just wondering what I did wrong. Best wishes to all entrants and all readers. Katherine

I believe

The main reason is because you didn't put in the category listing the phrase indicating that it's part of the contest. I don't know if doing that will automatically cause it to pop onto the list or merely alert one of our many wonderful (did I say wonderful?) admins, who will do some back room magic to get it there. But the key is to put that phrase in the story header. Read the contest description to get the exact wording, then type that exact string into the category. If you didn't know, you can create your own category, and that is how it's done.

Also, I noticed the story is listed as a series. If it's a standalone story you should indicate so. I think, from your account, click the "my stories" link, you can click the "series" link at the bottom of your story and it will change to "standalone" or somesuch. It's been a while since I posted my last pathetic entry so I've forgotten the exact details.

Hugs
Carla Ann

Bug or feature?

After seeing that the above story was missing from the list, I checked my own submission. I know I followed the instructions correctly, selecting the relevant tag from the list. It is also not on the main list. However, clicking on the tag in the story header reveals that there appears to be two lists associated with the same tag, with slightly different URLs.

The main list of stories appears on http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/contests/december-2010-santas-helper-story-contest

However the is a second list of currently five stories on http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/contests/december-2010-santas-helper-story-contest-0

Is their some sort of validation going on where stories are checked before being allowed on the main list, or is this a bug in the system?

D.L.

Sephrena

erin's picture

Sephrena is handling that so I'll defer to her.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Thanks

Thank you all for taking time to answer this. I'll double-check my process for entering this contest, and probably defer to Sephrena, as, mentioned by Erin, below. Hugs to all