Organizer pages now have an Ongoing/Complete tag

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

This is in place of the Series/Solo tag that other types of story post have. The default is Ongoing.

For author pages, if you're still writing then Ongoing is correct. :) Complete would be that you don't intend to post more stories.

For title, section and series pages, Ongoing means the final chapter has not been posted and complete means that it has. A section can be complete while the overall title is not. Or a title can be complete while the series is not.

For universe pages, Ongoing means either open or at least the originator is still posting. Complete means closed AND no one is posting stories. An open universe can never be complete since someone might come along and post to it.

On contest pages, Ongoing and Complete have obvious meanings. :)

When these flags have been in use for a bit, I may try to make some views of the information they represent.

Hugs,
Erin

Sorry, Erin, but...

I see the new tag, but I'm a little confused. It lists

[ ] Ongoing
Click to mark completed

I tried checking it, but it marks it as ongoing. Should there
be two, or is it just a check to mark completed, and ignore what
it reads?

Sarah

You're looking at the ++Organizer page

erin's picture

And yes, if you click that box, when you save the title page, it will be marked Completed. The box right in front of you doesn't change, though.

Another case of the person who wrote the software not thinking about someone using it in a way not exactly similar to their own way.

But if you look at the bottom of any title page, or title page teaser, you will see a tag that says either Ongoing or Completed. If you click that tag, it will change to the other polarity.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.