Safari text issue

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I've been having an issue for a while now on some sites, mostly a few webcomics, where some of the text is scrambled. When I posted Hope, I encountered the same issue with the title, which was in Helvetica font. I switched it to Georgia, and that cleared it up. I've seen the same issue in only one other place here on BC, which is the line under the chapter number on Portia Bennet's stories.

I'm using Safari, on both an XP and Vista machine, and getting the same effect. Internet Explorer doesn't seem to have the same problem, but I have other issues with it. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or if there's anything I can do to fix it?

Saless

EDIT: The latest Safari update corrected this problem.

Bad HTML

erin's picture

Safari is intolerant of crossed HTML tags. It's that simple. Bad HTML causes exactly the problem you are reporting.

Firefox is more tolerant of bad HTML than Safari or Chrome.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

HTML

littlerocksilver's picture

I don't have a clue. Some thoughtful person did some changes to one of my stories, and I have just copied what they did since then.

Portia

Portia