Google Searches Find Nothing

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

I was attempting to use the BigCloset TopShelf option on the Google search bar at the top of the home page, and was unable to get any results no matter what I typed in.

(Started out with "Diane" -- I was trying to find  the  chapter of Rhod's  Trip to America where Sandy implies that Diane Biggs is TG.   When that didn't work I typed in major character names from various front page stories (Rhod, Mfanwy, Jones, Jerry, Karen, Becca, Rita, Davy, David, Matt, Kitty), common story words (wig, dress, hair, girl), even story titles (Constant, Bagwell, Tuck).   Every single one said that no document could be found that matched my request.)

Anyone know what the problem is?   Is there anything here that it  CAN find?

Eric

(I did find the chapter I was looking for, eventually,  via the Word Search function.)  

Google Why?

erin's picture

This depends on Google to work correctly. Google's crawler has to find the stories and crawl them. It was working a few weeks ago but now appears not to be working. I've got no idea why not.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

The mind googles!

Type in 'de Messembry' as an open, world wide, Google enquiry and first up appears Grace in all her glory in the Deception of Choice at Big Closet/Top Shelf.

Type 'de Messembry' in on the Google link here on the site itself, and it evokes no response whatsoever.

Perhaps it has become long sighted? Old age is a terrible thing.

Fleurie

Fleurie