Site not remembering logins?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

In the last few days, it seems I have to login again every time I visit the site. Before that, it seemed to remember who I was for many days at a time, across multiple visits. I do check the box to have it "remember me" when I log in. I've cleared cookies in case they'd gotten corrupted, somehow, but the new ones don't last long, either. Anyone else seeing this?

Check and see if your

Check and see if your browser is set to remember cookies. If it's been upgraded lately it might have reset that function. OR your internet security may be blocking cookies.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

Cookies and sessions

erin's picture

Yes, I've seen this behavior, too. I'm investigating but one thing that seems able to cause it is if you login to some other site with the same instance of the browser in between. Drupal (the software we use here) has some new security features and I think those are colliding with the permanent login feature.

Things that can cause it at your end is turning off javascript or the acceptance of cookies, having a browser cache that has saved a bad screen or getting served a stale page from your ISP cache. But besides those things, something new is going on since the new update a week or two ago.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Yes, it's a recent change,

Yes, it's a recent change, in the last week or so, it seems. I cleared my caches, and checked that javascript and cookies were enabled.

Good luck hunting it down, and thanks for all the hard work that goes into trying to keep a complex site running smoothly.

Mir