Double Voting

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Has anyone else noticed their vote counting double? It seems like every time I vote the count increments by two. Also, I've seen the same in reverse. My short story I just posted went from 3 hits and 0 votes to 4 hits and 2 votes. Maybe one person hadn't finished reading yet and the other opened it up after and they both voted, but I've seen it many times in situations where that is extremely unlikely, if not impossible.

Saless

Author votes count double

Erin's said that before.

-- Donna Lamb, Flack

Some of my books and stories are sold through Doppler Press to help support BigCloset. -- Donna

-- Donna Lamb, ex-Flack

Some of my books and stories are sold through DopplerPress to help support BigCloset. -- Donna

Ah, I wondered about that,

Ah, I wondered about that, then forgot all about my wondering! ;) Thanks, I must have missed that!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I've had it show even more votes.

The first explanation you got covers many situations.

B ut here is what can happen.

If you open the page and scroll right to the vote box and vote, it should only show your vote ... most of the time.

But if you open the page and read the story and then vote, there may be 2, 5 or even 10 other votes cast while you were reading, and when you vote, they ALL increment.

Even you open the page and scroll right to the vote box and vote, there may still be another vote or two cast between the time the page opens and you vote.

"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have."
David Weber – In Fury Born

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Yes, I've seen that, too. I

Yes, I've seen that, too. I just missed the two votes for authors thing. Thanks!

Saless