Are Personal Insults Directed at Authors Allowed?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

It should be obvious but apparently it needs to be said. No personal insults aimed at ANYONE are allowed here, especially not at authors in comments on their stories. This does not mean no joking or kidding but there is a BRIGHT RED LINE here and everyone should be aware of it.

If you like crossdressing stories where the character stays male, don't attribute the author leading the character into a full transition as being a personal problem. It may be, but it's yours, not the author's.

If you like lesbian adventures but don't like them mixed in with heterosexual relationships, too -- this is not the author's problem, it's yours. You can mention your preference, go ahead. But don't blame the author for not writing the story you wanted to read.

If you don't like blackmail, coercion or forced femme and read such clearly marked stories anyway -- the author is not at fault!

Etcetera, etcetera, I hope the point is clear.

If you make comments on a story, you are NOT allowed to make insulting remarks on the author's personal life and you are not allowed to phrase speculation about the author's motives, circumstances or history as fact. Go ahead and say what you'd like to see in a story, authors like that. But don't blame the author for there not being enough stories that you like around. EVERYONE ELSE HAS THE EXACT SAME COMPLAINT. I guarantee it.

Violating these prohibitions may get your comment deleted if I see it first or it may start a flamewar which will be worse.

If I delete a comment, I may not tell anyone about it. If I'm too annoyed about blatant violation of the spirit of this site, I may just shut down the site for a few hours and go somewhere to cool off. I may ban someone for a period. On the other hand, I may write a calm and polite cautionary note. But don't count on it -- I've had a headache from sinusitis for about seven weeks now.

Now this doesn't mean no negative comments. It doesn't mean no teasing or goofing on each other. It means exactly what it says and no more.

Hugs to all,
Erin