I Can Only Imagine

Printer-friendly version

I Can Only Imagine
Copywrite 2008  © Prairie_girl_64 Melissa Dawn Northe


I can only Imagine a world without hate and prejudice.
I can only Imagine a world without disease and illness.
I can only Imagine a world without famine.
I can only imagine a world without pollution.
I can only imagine a world full of love.
I can only a imagine a world full of faith.
I can only imagine a world full of acceptance.
I can only imagine a world full of peace.
I can only imagine a world full of laughter.
I can only imagine a world full of healing.
I can only imagine a world full of joy.
I can only imagine a world full of singing.
I can only imagine a world full of family.
I can only imagine a world full of excitement.
I can only imagine a world full of all of the above and then some as this world has a lot of inspiration.
I can only imagine a world where we as a human race embrace what we hold to be in our hearts and maintain our true selves.
I can only Imagine that we all live healthy lives and never die.
I can only imagine that this would be true.


Melissa and Melanie, reading this poem made me cry as I read the poem. What you described is truly Heaven. Melissa, your Light is forever Shining as a Beacon of Hope for your friends. .
May Your Light Forever Shine.
Stanman63

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

jengrl's picture

These words are what we should all hope for and strive to live for each day. Even through all the things that Mellissa endured, I can honestly say that I was in awe of her strength. There are a lot of people that just give up if life deals them cards like that. She still had that hope that allowed her to rise above. I miss her terribly ,but I know that she is smiling and happy to be free of pain. Thanks Melanie and Stanman. I appreciate everything that you two have done to tell her remarkable story. Thank you!

Hugs,

Jen

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

I agree

I reckon John Lennon had it about right.

Susie

The Title

jengrl's picture

The title is actually taken from the song by Mercy Me. It was one of her favorites and it was played at her funeral. John Lennon's song "Imagine" spoke about the very same ideas. The actual song lyrics for "I Can Only Imagine" speak of what it would be like to stand before Jesus when it is our time to die. Mellissa's faith was a very strong part of who she was. She just borrowed the title and added her own special touch.

Hugs,

Jen

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Her Touch and Spirit......

has left a indelable legacy as well as a strength. Her hopes and dreams were dashed , however her spirit lives on. Yes Mellissa placed her own spin on the popular song recorded by MERCYME, "I CANB ONLY IMAGINE", I think her meaning was idealic. She I beleive wanted to meet GOD, and in her way wanted all to hear those words spoken. As I read her words, Mellissa spoke of the meeting she would eventually have in GOD"S presence that she would set up a meeting and wonder why those events in her life were so terrible. She has also wondered why that we as a people cannot learn to care about each other and imagine peace and acceptance of ones diversity. Mellissa was wise above her means, she was taken too early from us.

That touch is eternal and her spirit remains.

Melanie

Thanks for commenting.