Answer - Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 5 I Dream of...

The sleeper tossed and turned holding tightly to the disheveled pillow. REM state acheived, the brain began it's unconscious journey into Dreamland.

The little boy and his mommy were walking in the park, spying a swing, the boy asked "Mommy, can you push me?"

The lady smiled at the child. "Sure, honey. Let's go."

The child clung to the chain as the swing went higher and higher. "Faster Mommy! Faster!" the child pleaded. The woman laughed at the sound of her son's voice. He was having a good time and laughing. She pushed the swing harder.

It was one of those things that you only saw on TV, using a special time delay effect, the chain seperated from the cross bar and the child went spinning off the seat of the swing out of control. The trajectory caused the fraglie body to hit a nearby tree and thump to the ground. The body of the child lay in a tangled mess.

The woman ran to the body and tried to gather it to her. She was screaming the child's name. "Joey, Joey, Joey!" People in the park heard the shouts and gathered around. EMS was called and a crew tried to pull the anxious mother away from her child. An quick exam of the victim showed a lifeless body and the EMS crew gathered up mother and child for transport to the hospital.

The sleeper stirred in it's sleep and a tear ran down it's face. The silent body standing watch by the door heard the sleeper murmur "Joey, I love you."

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting

Not exactly my cup of tea, but very well done.

Storyline

Slowly I'm getting an idea about the story :-)
Nicely done!

Martina

Awww

Why did you change it? When I first read this it said "Josey I love you?"

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Oh crap.

Daphne Xu's picture

Oh crap.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.