Answer - Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2 Getting ready for Dinner

"Joey, you ready?" Dad shouted .

"Coming" was the reply as I bound down the stairs finishing with "Ready".

Dad looked at me and sighed, then "You're not leaving the house looking like that".

I glanced at what I was wearing and asked "Huh, what's wrong?"

I saw Dad flinch from my question. "I am not taking you out to a nice restaurant looking like a ..a..whatever it is."

"But Dad, this is what kids wear now."

"Fine, then you stay here. I'll tell Mark that you don't feel well. Oh, and keep the noise down while I'm gone." He started for the door.

"Uhm, dad?" I needed his advice.

"Yea?" He stopped by the door.

"Uh, what should I wear, I mean he is your friend, do I need to do something special?" I really was curious. Dad didn't talk about his fiends from before we came to town. Talk about a mystery man.

"Oh, something nice. You'll figure it out." Dad replied casually.

Still I was thinking, the guy told dad that he was gonna take Dad and his daughter out to Dinner. Crap! Still. "Dad, uh, like, does he really think you have a daughter, like for real?"

Dad just shook his head and sighed.

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A modest dad...

wants a modest daughter. How cute. This just gets better. Can't wait to read more.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Almost a long drabble

The story looks promising and is pretty cute so far but if this is the length of chapters you're going for I'm gonna bow out, sorry! I just really need length to a story so I can see development a little quicker but mostly so I can enjoy it longer. I hope you can maybe assauge my fears a bit? Afterall A Different Kind of Life started off the same way, with really short updates. Oh well if not, than good luck with your story.

What's Going On?

I don't know whether it's the shortness of the chapters or just the ambiguity here, but I'm certainly not clear on what's happening. Barbara assumes that Joey crossdressed but was too grungy; I'm getting the feeling that it just wasn't feminine enough, since Joey doesn't quite believe the Mark thinks he's a girl. (But is he CDing for the first time and just looking for something more androgynous than the boy clothes he wore downstairs the first time, or dues he CD occasionally or often and have really feminine clothes up there to change to?)

Bottom line is that I'd enjoy this story a lot more if I knew what was going on...

Eric

Suspicious

Daphne Xu's picture

Getting suspicious here. Dad couldn't have given a straight answer, could he?

-- Daphne Xu