MORFS: Journey to Humanity (part 06 of 09)

Printer-friendly version
Acts of Humanity 2:
Journey To Humanity
(Part 06)
A MORFS Universe Tale
by Ray Drouillard

Matthew Jones is the only son of Randy Jones, honored deacon of the Church of Genetic Purity. He and his girlfriend, Amy Cox, have been taught from birth that MORFS is a symptom of moral depravity. While they had quietly questioned that doctrine, they were not prepared for the opportunity to find out for themselves.

sex: 1/10
violence: 7/10
profanity: 3/10

Categories: Male to Female, PSI

Timeline: 2060


Chapter Fourteen: Party!

*Welcome to the world of the conscious, sleepyhead,* Cindy sent to me just as I was climbing out of sweet slumber.

*I'm not conscious yet,* I sent back with a telepathic yawn.

*Just be happy that we have suspended the usual rules for early crashers at a slumber party.*

*I appreciate it,* I said, *but technically, I crashed before the party, not during.*

*Picky, picky,* sent Amy. *Just put on your swimsuit and drag your cute tush down here.*

I yawned theatrically, sending it to any and all in the house. I 'heard' lots of giggles from the general direction of the swimming pool.

Oh well... time to face the music. Now, what to wear?

*Wear your aqua bikini with your coral jewel,* Cindy suggested.

*Oh, eavesdropping on my mind?*

*You were thinking pretty loud, you know.*

I went to my dresser, took off my nightie, put on the bikini that Cindy had suggested, and swapped bellybutton jewels.

I walked over to my mirror. *Satisfied?* I asked Cindy. I heard another chorus of giggles.

*Hey, you didn't have to relay it all over the place!*

*I didn't relay it, silly! You must be a natural born exhibitionist.*

*Just what I need,* I sighed.

More giggling.

*What have I gotten myself into?*

*Just come down here and enjoy yourself, already!* Amy sent.

So I did.

With some trepidation, I went down the stairs, through the sliding glass doors, and over to the pool. There were about a dozen teen-age girls lounging about in skimpy swimsuits. A couple weeks ago, I would have been stunned by the sight. I kept that thought well shielded, of course.

*The scenery is good, but we both would have enjoyed it a whole lot more a couple weeks ago.*

I turned bright red. *Carol! How did you...*

*I wasn't reading your mind, silly! Just a good guess... It takes one to know one, doncha think?*

*OK, from one former boy to another, I guess I'll have to admit that I would have really enjoyed the scenery a whole lot more two weeks ago. For that matter, what I see in the mirror every day would have done it.*

"All right, what are you two plotting?" asked Cindy.

"The take over of the world?" suggested Carol.

"Nah... too much work. Once you got it done, you would have to be on your guard too much to enjoy life," said one of the girls that I hadn't been introduced to yet.

"Don't let 'em fool ya," Linda said. "They're both thinking about what they would do about all this scenery if they were still boys."

"Liiiindaaaaaa!" Carol and I chorused.

She just giggled. Then, she came over and hugged us both. "It's only been a year for me, chickie-poos. Welcome to the former boys' club!"

Everyone giggled, of course -- while Carol and I turned bright red.

"It looks like someone needs to cool off," Cindy smirked.

Two girls grabbed me and started to walk me toward the pool. They were surprised when they suddenly lost traction because their feet left the ground. I smirked at them. "Were you planning on taking a dip?"

Suddenly, all three of us were hovering over the pool. I pushed myself straight up as I felt Cindy's force release us. The two girls that had grabbed me fell into the pool, sputtering and splashing. I rose up about ten feet, moved myself horizontally, then set myself down gently at the pool's edge.

As soon as I released the force, I felt myself being pushed into the pool. I couldn't react fast enough, so I ended up splashing and sputtering right next to the other girls.

*Very funny, Cindy!* I sent to everyone. She was too busy laughing her cute little kitty cat tail off to reply.

I did a surface dive, swam underwater for a few feet, then went to the bottom of the deep end. As an experiment, I used TK to form a tube and bring air down. I couldn't expand my chest against the pressure of the water, so I tried pulling the air down in the form of bubbles that remain at the ambient pressure of the water.

Viola! TK scuba!

*Whatever you do, don't hold your breath! Breathe out on the way up.*

There was some real concern in Cindy's mental voice, so I did as she said and swam to the edge of the pool.

"The reason they make you take a test to get a scuba certification is because it's really easy to hurt yourself badly if you do something wrong. If you take a lungful of air at depth, then hold it while you're coming up, it can expand in your lungs and pop them. That is called an air embolism."

I looked at her. "OK, I'll wait 'till later to try it again. Maybe I'll take the course or something."

She smiled. "Sounds good to me. Meanwhile, I'll lend you my PADI text book."

"PADI?"

"Professional Association of Diving Instructors -- the people who teach us mortals how to blow bubbles without killing ourselves."

Soon, everyone was in the pool -- either voluntarily or involuntarily.

After a while, Cindy excused herself to make a phone call. The better part of an hour later, the pizza delivery man came. We took the pizza at the gate. He tried to be cool about it, but we could all tell that he was checking out the scenery. Some of the girls played it up a bit.

"That's an awful lot of pizza," someone pointed out.

"It'll all get eaten," I assured her. "A few of us morfies need lots of energy to feed our powers."

"And the rest of us just got done expending lots of energy in the pool," someone else agreed.

I took one last diving leap into the pool, hopped out, and dried myself with my TK.

"How did you do that?" Carol asked.

"Like this," I said, as I used my TK to dry her. "I just push push the water away with telekinesis."

After that, I ended up drying just about everyone. That saved them from either changing or sitting around in a wet swimsuit -- not that there was much swimsuit to be wet.

After we stuffed ourselves silly, everyone filed in to watch a movie. I sat back in my favorite chair, watching the selection process with some amusement. I never have been a big fan of movies, so I didn't have much stake in it. I figured I would read or something once everyone else got engrossed in it.

*It'll be a chick flick, no doubt,* I sent to Carol. *Maybe we can sneak away and play a video game or something once the movie starts.*

Sure enough, it was a chick flick. It was all about this macho dude who morfs into a girl.

While the other girls were sniffing and sobbing over some sappy scene where she and her former girlfriend decide that they still love each other and want to redefine their relationship so that they're sisters now, Carol and I snuck up to my room and got out the game console. We loaded a first person shooter, put on our VR glasses and head phones, and went at it.

She kicked my butt. Badly.

I was looking with my mind vision and noticed that she wasn't even touching the controls.

*You cheat!*

She snickered at me.

I could see the current flowing through the wires. No help there. I looked at my own controller. I noted how my hand movements activated contacts, broke light beams, and the like.

Two can play at this game.

I started using my TK to move the internal parts of the controller. At first it was clumsy, but I got the hang of it. Soon, I would just think of what I want my avatar to do, and it would do it -- just like when I learned how to write using TK. Since I didn't have to wait for the nerve impulses to travel from my brain to my hands at 300 miles per hour or so, my reflexes got a whole lot quicker.

Apparently, she had learned over the past week how to take good advantage of her improved reflexes. She would jump out into the open and blast away, confident that she could dodge better than I could. I purposely slowed down a bit -- just barely avoiding her attacks. Then, when she jumped out in the open, I went in for the kill. She growled in frustration.

I slowed down again. Then, at just the right moment, I got her again.

I took a few hits, but that just made it easier for me to keep up the ruse. It almost became routine - slow down, bait Carol a few times until she can't resist, then mow her down. After a while, she started to catch on. Then, it went fast and furious. We were pretty evenly matched, Carol seemed marginally better. Still, I fought with determination.

We were both trying to peek around some cover and get a clear shot at each other when, suddenly, about a dozen Big Bad Uglies jumped out and mowed us both down.

We could both hear giggling through our headphones.

*Oh yeah? Come on, Carol; we'll whip them all!*

We reset the game, then went hunting. We took more than a few hits but, in the end, we got them all. After a while, I noticed that one of our attackers was just a little more bold than the others -- and she would hit us as often as not.

*I think Cindy is the one with the red helmet,* I sent to Carol. *It looks like she has learned my trick.*

Coordinating telepathically, we came up with a plan. One of us would lure her out, and the other would blast her. This worked for a while, but she eventually figured out what we were doing.

Finally, we all agreed that we had had enough. We all pulled off our VR goggles and headphones and looked around.

"That was a slick trick you came up with," Cindy told me. "I'm glad you weren't shielding too tightly for me to learn it from your mind."

"You snot! I had to invent it all on my lonesome. Meanwhile, Carol kicked my tail three ways from Sunday."

"You don't have a tail," Cindy smirked.

"It's a good thing, too, or it would have been kicked bloody."

Carol stood up and bowed. Everyone giggled.

Then, she looked at me. "What exactly did you do, anyhow? Are you a technopath, too?"

"Nope," I replied. "I have fine control over my TK, along with the ability to set up some complex processes. I just started operating the switches in the controller that way."

"What other nifty tricks can you do with your TK?"

My desk opened, and a pad of paper and coffee mug full of pencils floated over. I started by quickly writing a page of text. Then, I did a pencil drawing of her face. I grabbed a bottle of pre-mixed yellow, cyan, magenta, and black paint, and set it next to the paper, then took a quick look at Amy and Cindy. I TK'd a blob of paint out of the bottle, caused it to spread in an approximate rectangle, and let some of it settle to the paper. The unused paint went back into the bottle and the cap secured itself. On the paper was a life-like portrait of Amy and Cindy.

Everyone else wanted a portrait. On purpose, I made the portraits sexy -- the kind of thing you would give to a boyfriend. I made a portrait of Carol holding a lit bulb in her left hand, and shooting lightning from her right index finger.

"OK, tech chick, time for your parlor tricks."

She unplugged my desk lamp and lit it. She put her fingers on a headphone jack, and 'talked' through the headphones. She typed on the computer without touching it. She held her hands a couple feet apart, held up her index fingers, and caused an arc to jump from one to the other. The arc started by going straight across, but started to bulge up in the middle as the conductive path of hot ionized air rose. Soon, the path was too long to sustain the arc, and it started again, rose again, and broke again -- just like you see in all the monster movies and bad sci-fi flicks. I used my TK to hold the hot air down, and the arc stayed. Then, I moved it around, finally writing 'Carol' with the arc.

"Hey, we'd make a great team!" she said.

"I'm all for it," I grinned. "Let's try to change things a bit. Lower the current to about five milliamps."

As she did that, I allowed the hot air to leak out, then reduced the pressure in the 'tube' I had created. Soon, it was glowing like one of those old-fashioned neon lights (which don't really use neon) that are used for advertising and decorating. Because of the oxygen and nitrogen, it glowed blue.

"Well, that was fun," Carol said. The light went out, so I removed the virtual tube. There was a slight pop as the air filled in the low pressure area.

"Let's try something else. Look around with your elemental perception and open your mind."

I started to read all of the circuits in the area. Where I had earlier been unable to read the data in a network cable, I could see it clearly. I couldn't see a thing in the fiber optic cables, though.

I looked at the part of her mind that directly sees the currents, and saw stuff that was moving way too fast to understand. When I looked at what she is actually perceiving in her mind, things were clearer. Just like ordinary vision, the raw data has to be processed in order for the mind to use it. It was sort of looking first at the data that's in the optic nerve, then at the data after the visual cortex has processed it.

I fed the perceptions to everyone, then added my own. Since I could see the light inside the optical fibers, Carol was able to process it and read the data.

*This is cool! We can even see the tiny electrical impulses in our bodies,* I commented. We could see everyone's heartbeat, nervous system, and brain.

Amy added her perceptions to the mix, and we could read everyone's bio field. It was hard to get all of that information integrated, but we could do it if we just concentrated on one thing at a time.

After a while, everyone got bored with the game. We were here to party, not practice our powers. So, I found myself dragged downstairs, where someone had set up a whole bunch of cosmetics. Oh, joy.

It turned out to be more fun than I thought. I learned a lot about how to apply makeup for a specific look or occasion or type of lighting. After a while, I started to use my TK to apply the makeup. I could apply it really thin that way. I could also apply an incredibly smooth coat of polish to my nails, reducing the need for multiple layers and clear coat.

Amy, meanwhile, figured out how to change the color of her skin. At first, she was only using colors she could get from natural melanin. Then, someone suggested that she try using other organic molecules. She started going around the house and yard looking for plants and animals to study with her bio vision. The Martins have a coleus plant, so she was able to get a variety of colors from it. The various flowers planted around the yard increased her palate. I dug back to my boy roots and turned over some rocks and boards in the back yard. Bingo! Nice, shiny beetles -- perfect for adding a bit of glitter.

It soon degenerated into a paint fest. Any color scheme that could be imagined could and would be read by Amy and implemented. She even figured out how to color our hair by having colored bacteria grow under the scales. After we all came up with some very outlandish (and alluring) color combinations, we decided to do a bit of malling. We piled into three cars and headed out.

We definitely attracted some stares.

No, we weren't wearing our swimsuits. Neither were we dressed conservatively. Short skirts, halters, and low heels were the order of the day. I was having way too much fun reveling in the attention. I guess that's when I really embraced my new gender. We attracted some negative attention, too. Some of the pures stared balefully at us, but didn't dare harass such a large group.

*I know you think we're hot,* I sent to several of the guys. *You want to hate us, but you can't help it, can you?*

We all giggled.

*You better get your boyfriends away from us or they'll be dreaming of us when they're kissing you.* I sent to the girls in the group. We giggled again.

We couldn't resist trying on a few clothes, though nobody but Amy actually bought any. After all, we weren't planning on keeping our outlandish coloration.

As we were walking to our cars, we were confronted by about two dozen people. *They just never learn, do they?* I said sadly.

They hurled the usual insults at us, but didn't make a move in our direction. Maybe they are learning. We calmly got into our cars and drove away. I quietly went over each one with my senses to check for sabotage, but they were fine.

*Paranoid much?* asked Cindy.

*It's not paranoia if they're really trying to kill you,* I replied.

The drive home was uneventful, but not nearly as happy and giggly as the drive there. When we got home, a few of us started muttering about the pures. "I wish we could give them a case of MORFS," someone said. "That would teach them a thing or two."

"That would be interesting. What changes would we make?"

"The first thing I would do," I said, "is change their physiology so that they are incapable of throwing rocks!"

"I agree!" said Amy. "While we're at it, why not reduce their physical strength to that of a ten year old girl?"

"We should give them cloven hooves, red skin, a pointy tail, and horns," suggested someone.

"Not to mention goat fur from the thighs down.

"And goat eyes."

"What do goat eyes look like?"

"The pupils are kind of shaped like a rounded rectangle -- not lens shaped like a cat's eye, but with the ends chopped off; and they are sideways instead of vertical."

"They would figure out how to hide their feet. We should give them an aversion to wearing shoes, so that they leave hoof prints in the dirt and snow."

"We should turn them into boys," suggested Cindy.

"A fate worse than death," I said ironically.

Cindy blushed. "Sorry! I didn't mean it that way. I just figured that if they're all boys, they won't be able to reproduce -- and nobody else is going to want them."

"I know," I said gently. "I was teasing."

"Don't make them boys," suggested Carol. "Make them sexless, but make them attracted to everyone."

"Especially MORFS survivors," someone suggested.

"While we're at it, make them resilient to the cold, and give them an extreme aversion to wearing any kind of clothing."

I noticed that Amy was being quiet. She had a concerned look on her face, and I could detect some fear.

*What's the matter?* I sent to her privately.

*My bio elemental nature is tingling. I think I'm developing a virus that'll MORF someone just like everyone is suggesting. This is freaking scary!*

*I know what you mean. There were a number of times when I wanted to kill someone, and came really close to actually doing it.*

The rest of the girls were looking at us with concern.

"Amy and I are just discussing something related to our past experience with the pures, and what might be an inappropriate use of our powers. Sorry... We don't mean to put a damper on everything."

It wasn't the whole truth, but it wasn't a lie, either.

"I think it's time we started talking about something else, anyhow," suggested Amy. "We can't let those Neanderthals ruin our party."

"Who wants to watch another movie?"

Carol and I groaned.

"Come on, girls! You two need to embrace your new nature," teased Cindy.

"Not every girl likes chick flicks," retorted Carol.

"Besides," I said, "That movie was so improbable."

"Which part?" asked Amy. "The part where he turns into a girl, or the part where the new she becomes best friends with her former girlfriend?"

"Or maybe the part where she falls for a cute boy that she knew when she was a he?" suggested Cindy.

I turned beet red. Everyone giggled.

So we were forced to actually sit through this one.

"Admit it. You actually enjoyed it," said Amy.

"I admit nothing," I replied.

"You don't have to admit anything," Cindy retorted. "I can read from your mind that you were really getting into it."

"That's what I get for letting my shields down," I grumbled. Everyone had the extreme lack of grace to giggle.

By that time, we were all hungry again. Amy, Cindy, and I whipped up a bunch of party food. It was nutritious, but it was still party food -- things like nachos, trays of crackers, lunch meat, cheese, all-fruit preserves, melon balls, berries... stuff like that.

And I mean 'whipped', too. Things were literally flying all over the place.

"That TK stuff looks like fun," Amy said. "I wish I could do that."

"And I wish I could turn myself all kinds of colors and heal myself. I guess we just gotta go with what we got." I smiled.

"Well," she mused. "I wonder if I can trigger changes in someone who has already gone through MORFS."

"I think we need to do some animal testing, first. Let's talk to the Doctors Martin about it tomorrow."

Everyone enjoyed the 'flying food' show, and the eventual meal that came from it. We sat around the living room and chatted until past midnight. After a while, the girls started unrolling their sleeping bags and lounging on them. After most of them were sleeping, I yawned and stretched, got up, and ambled up the stairs.

"Nothing doing, chickie!" Cindy, looking rather cute in her nightie, was staring at me with her hands on her hips.

"Huh?" I asked sleepily.

"This is a sleepover. We're supposed to camp out in the living room, not sleep in our beds and leave the guests to fend for themselves."

Two sleeping bags came floating down the stairs and unrolled themselves next to Amy. She smiled sleepily at us. "Coming to join me?"

I reached upstairs with my TK and grabbed a nightie out of my drawer. We're all girls here -- no sense being shy about changing in front of everyone. Cindy had put my bag between Amy and her. I laid down and sighed with contentment. My sensitive nose picked up a faint and not unpleasant scent.

"This is Larry's bag, isn't it?"

They both giggled at me. "He took his old one so that you could use the new one," Cindy told me.

Amy propped herself up on one elbow and looked across me over at Cindy. "You're trying to get her to have erotic dreams, aren't you?"

Cindy feigned hurt innocence. "I would never do a thing like that!"

"You're going to have to shield a lot better than that if you want to fool me," I said.

"What's going to be even more interesting," Amy teased, "is when Larry goes to use it after Cara slept in it all night."

"Especially if she ends up getting all hot and bothered," Cindy agreed.

The whole situation should have bothered me, but it didn't. I just burrowed down into the sack, pulled the covers over my head, and had sweet dreams.

No, not those kinds of dreams.

Well, maybe a little.

I woke up the next morning well rested. I wandered up to my room, grabbed a quick shower, and put on a sun dress. When I got downstairs, most of the girls were awake. There was a small team in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Good morning! I hope you had sweet dreams," said Cindy.

I turned red.

"I thought so," said Amy.

"I'm not turning red because of what I dreamed. I'm turning red because of your unfounded assumptions."

"Unfounded?" said Cindy.

"Yeah, right," said Amy.

"What am I ever going to do with you guys?"

"Give us a hug," they said together. They treated me to a sandwich hug.

"Well," I sighed, "If I'm going to get set up, I might as well get set up by my two bestest girlfriends in the world."

"Sisters," insisted Amy.

"Definitely sisters," echoed Cindy with a smug grin.

(end of part 06)


The entire MORFS  Universe can be found at http://morfs.nowhere2go.org/
More writing and photography by Ray Drouillard at http://ray-d.deviantart.com/
up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, they were gracious.

Well, they were gracious. :)

Hmmm, just how deep is that deep end? While Cindy is certainly right, the school-taught gas and pressure physics, and biology lessons, dictate that if the depth is not too significant, and if Cara does only shallow breaths, she can, possibly, get away with recklessness. Not that she’ll try to.

You know, Amy could have just browsed the colors of hair of MORFS survivors, those are a colorful bunch. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well they were nice :D I

Well they were nice :D I reall liked how Cara and Carol ran away to play a computer game ;) One time nerd, always nerd...

Thank you for writing this awesome story,

Beyogi