Sorority Boy : 6

Printer-friendly version

Once again the coffee was incredible. I so loved her, as she could make about anything turn out to be tasty, probably even mud. I was wondering about what happy goodness we would be having for breakfast as I walked out into the backyard. I stood there looking at the garden with a faint smile, life was good.

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. There should be no way that these characters are like anyone else, but if that isn’t the case, it has definitely been unintentional. Also, if you happen to find that your life is represented in these pages, I’ll be impressed.

Sorority Boy
By poetheather
Chap 6

Once again the coffee was incredible. I so loved her, as she could make about anything turn out to be tasty, probably even mud. I was wondering about what happy goodness we would be having for breakfast as I walked out into the backyard. I stood there looking at the garden with a faint smile, life was good.

“Well, don’t you look lovely.”

I turned and there was mom, sitting with Becca’s mother. I smiled broadly and rushed over there. I gave her a hug. “Thanks mom.”

“You’re welcome. I must admit I never figured my son would ever look quite like this…ever.”

“I think it must be the fact that the House has been working on me for almost a month now. It’s been like immersion learning. They have crammed so much into my head; I think some of it is starting to catch. I’m afraid of losing myself mom.” I wanted her to know what I was going through.

“So who is sitting in front of me right now?” she asked calmly, taking another sip.

I looked at her confused. “Uhm…me.”

“And if you are here, in front of me now, doesn’t that mean you are still you, with some changes?”

I blinked, processing that. It made sense. I was still here and I was still me, right? Changes. What she said was some changes. How could she take this so calmly? “I guess.”

“I am proud of you for doing this, but you really are an idiot, you know, just like your father.”

“Like dad?” Since when was he an idiot? And why was she saying it all affectionately?

“Yeah. Your father always thought he could out think everyone and people knew that. It was easy to use that against him, in fact that’s how I got your father; by making him think he was outsmarting me.” She looked sad for a moment. “Any way, what you are doing is interesting and I hope you keep going. You can learn a lot of things you would have never been exposed to. That can certainly help you in fighting for equality.”

“Well, that’s true I guess. And I have made a lot of friends, more than I ever made here.”

“Then keep going and know that I support you, boy or girl.” I got up and we hugged again. I loved my mom. “So, what do you want to do today?”

“I have no idea. Merri mentioned the possibility of going shopping and that might be fun?”

“You? Shopping? On purpose?” My mother started giggling, as if what I had to say really amused her inside but not enough for her to laugh totally out loud. I hadn’t been that bad, had I?

“Yes mom, on purpose. Sheesh, some people.” I acted affronted but I really wasn’t. We liked to tease each other and it seemed as if my change didn’t alter any of that.

Merri and Becca both came out onto the patio. Becca kissed her mom on the cheek and we all sat down. We looked out and enjoyed the scenery of the back yard. Mom finally said, “So, as soon as all of you lazy bums can get dressed and ready, we can head out for some shopping. Sound fun?”

The two others looked over at me and smiled. What had I done now? I sighed, realizing that I really had given my life over to two utterly crazy women who were bent on having me experience every feminine thing possible. There was no escaping those two and now they had probably gotten my mother involved. They were insidious. I shook my head and finished my coffee. “I’ll take my shower and then you two can fight over it.”

Leaving them with my mother wasn’t the best option, but what other choice did I have. Besides, I had to pee.

The shower was soothing and I made sure that there weren’t any stray hairs, facial or otherwise. Once I was done I vacated the shower, to be passed by Becca on the way in. Looked like Merri could actually loose at something. It was an encouraging thought.

I got into the room and Merri was busy sorting out her clothes for the day and getting her shower stuff ready. I watched her as I moisturized myself. I really loved her. She had stuck with me through all of this in a way that was totally unexpected. She looked up from what she was doing, saw how I was looking at her and asked, “What?”

“Nothing. I just love you.”

“I love you too. Now get dressed. I am really looking forward to going shopping with you and your mom.”

I smiled and got dressed. I put on a skirt and a blouse that would be easy to get on and off, if we did any clothes shopping. I grabbed my stuff and headed downstairs just as Becca was coming out of the bathroom. Merri slipped in there quickly, before all the steam left. I wondered if there would be enough hot water for her.

Soon, after some tasty spinach and feta omelets, the four of us were headed out towards the mall. It wasn’t the greatest mall in the world but it was nice. The mall at school was better than this one, but the plan was to spend the day with mom, so I really didn’t care what was there. Just driving around town would have been good enough for me.

Once we found a parking space we headed inside, out of the heat and into the heart of the commercial world. Our first stop was Dillards, where my mom was interested in buying me some shoes. I already had six pair so I didn’t see the need, but the other two thought this was a good idea. Just how many pairs of shoes did I need?

As soon as we got to the shoe department the three of them hustled about looking for shoes for me. I looked at a display table and saw a few pairs that were really cute and looked comfortable. I grabbed those and found a seat for trying shoes on. An attendant came over and I handed her the two shoes I had found as well as telling her my shoe size.

While she was gone the others came over with another couple of pairs each. I sighed, especially at the heels that both Merri and Becca had grabbed. I really didn’t want to try those, but I new better than to argue with anyone over this by now. So long as I didn’t fall and hurt my ankle I should be fine. Or would hurting my ankle be in my favor? I wasn’t sure, so I better not take the chance. With my luck I would actually break my ankle.

The girls liked my choice of shoes and only one of them was really comfortable. We left there with a bag with 3 pairs of shoes, one of the ones I picked and two pairs of heels. I felt put upon. However, after we left Dillards and having bought several dresses my mom thought looked cute on me we stopped at the jewelry store.

“You know, every girl usually gets something from their mother a few times when growing up. So let me fix that now.” She bought me a pair of diamond earrings, a beautiful diamond necklace and a ring. I was overcome. She was really trying to make sure I felt loved and accepted by her. I felt so good I almost cried. I certainly teared up.

By then it was around lunch time and all the shopping had made me hungry. The Mall had a Ruby Tuesday, so we went in for the salad bar. I was pretty much okay with the way my diet had changed, partially because I was partial to vegetables and partially because I liked what I had been eating so far. I only hoped we got back to the House before Thai night. I could eat that Pad Thai all night long.

While we were there I heard a familiar voice call out, “Becca!”

We turned and Brad Thompson was heading over. Crap. With my mom here it might be easier for him to figure this out. Like I needed this crap. “Hey Becca, you guys coming to Trevor’s party?”

“Not sure. We were talking about heading back after shopping. I wanted them to both meet Richard’s mom.” replied Becca, as if it were the absolute truth.

“No, you all gotta come. Everyone will be stoked to see you.” Brad was obviously excited about the process and was he looking down my cleavage?

“We’ll see. Take care and enjoy your lunch.” Brad waved and headed off. I was blushing from the realization that he had been looking at my chest and sort of leering at me. I felt dirty, as if I had been dipped in oil.

We finished up and headed out of the place. My mom took us straight home, which it seemed as if the others understood. “Should we head home tonight?”

“Caitlin, it’ll be fine. We’ll stay home, watch some TV or a movie and swim some. There is no way we are going to one of Trevor’s parties. He doesn’t have the best reputation amongst the girls.” said Becca.

“Why?” asked Meredith, sitting forward in her seat.

“He got accused of rape once when he was a sophomore in High School. Not enough evidence was found so they had to drop the case.”

“I remember that. I didn’t realize that it could have some truth to it.” I replied, thinking back over things. “I do remember that it destroyed his social life though.”

“Yeah. So I wouldn’t go there anyway. So, don’t worry.”

“That’s right dear; we can have a good meal and just have family time. Besides, Becca’s mom has been planning a special meal, so there really wouldn’t be a reason to leave, now would there?” My mom said, making the case to stay even more compelling.

“Okay. Then I have no problem with staying, my stomach agrees whole bellily.” That last bit sounded better in my head than it did out loud. Becca just shook her head.

There was a quick fashion show after we got back, to show off the two dresses. I felt a bit out of place having been the only one who bought anything but no one else had really been doing more than looking. Mom wanted to take care of me, so I was certainly okay with that.

Afterwards, as I was undressing and getting out of my dress, I realized that my mom had spent a great deal of money on me, mostly in that jewelry. She was trying to make sure I knew she cared. That realization made me feel like crap for not having caller her earlier, when all of this started, to explain what was going on. Having her support would probably have made things a hell of a lot less stressful on me. I sat heavily onto the bed and hung my head. I was an idiot.

Not that this was anything new, since the House had certainly shown how much on an idiot I was when they turned things around on me. I really hoped that my not telling her hadn’t hurt her. I could only hope. I had to come up with something nice to do for her to make up for her having an idiot son, daughter, child. Maybe the others could help me. I had to make sure my mom knew just how much I appreciated her and loved her.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's been a while

I am really glad to see Sorority Boy back. Our favorite Hero(ine) seems to be a little more grounded now. I've said it before and I will say it again. Caitlin/Richard has a more typically feminine nature which a typical boy does not have. Heather continues with her mastery of blending the storyline seamlessly chapter to chapter.

There is obviously a bit of Mother/Daughter bonding going on and it is one more very gentle bond that will help Caitlin evolve.

I love this kind of story where it is not somebody else who imposes femininity on the protagonist but it is something intrinsic that comes to the fore. It can not be anything else but true in this case as it has been a really short time in terms of story time but seems longer due to chapters coming out relatively sparsely (hint, hint :))

Kim

Yay!!!

laika's picture

So great to catch back up with Caitlin, Merri and their friends. Mom was being absolutely wonderful.
This Brad creep sounds like trouble.
~~hugs, Laika

Gawd I miss this story

I thought I'd never see another chapter of this. Thank you for not forgetting us who love this tale,

I love your writing Heather. Please see fit to keep this one coming........ a little more often would be even better. :)

thanks again for another wonderful chapter

A.A.

I had two issues in working

I had two issues in working on this story. First, my muse went on vacation. Second, for the last three months I have had Bronchitis.

So I got my muse back when I was really sick and I didn't have the energy to do anything about it. Now I have a bit more energy (mostly by getting a nebulizer to help me breathe) and am able to write. I got this chapter, another of Chalice and the Wand and am working on a new Wanderer story. Hopefully my energy will stay high.

Trust me, I stay on a story until it is finished. College Girl was first written in 1997. It took a while to get back to, but I finished that one. This one is no different. I am sorry it took so long to get back to.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Extended illnesses

...even just a few months of bronchitis, really are not fun. :-(

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

sority boy

WHEN WILL THE STORY BE FINISH. I LIKE IT VERY MUCH. HOWEVER, I BELEIVE HE SHOULD START WANTING TO BECOME A GIRL AND DO WHAT IT TAKES.