All Things Denied 15 - 'Allies'

Printer-friendly version
Notes of a Journey Trilogy
Book 1
All Things Denied

Chapter 15 - 'Allies'

A Gaby FanFic by PB

In the aftermath of the cheer competition, can things get any better for Gaby?


 

Now available for Purchase from Lulu.com!

Available for Purchase as
Download & Paperback


Viewing Note: This story should be viewed with the Edwardian Script ITC font installed on your Windows platform in the c:/Windows/Fonts directory. Microsoft Word installs this font automatically.

Photo Credit: Used with her permission....“Let Me In”  © by simpledrama .
 


 
Chapter 15
 

After all the AHS cheerleaders and the remaining Sherwood Foresters’ were back on their coach, Bunny made herself busy calling roll before telling the driver to begin the long trip back to Grottoes. As she was nearing the end of the AHS portion of the roll, Jessica joined her the the front.

“... Robert.”

“Yo!” Bunny paused and shot him a glaring look.

“Sorry ma’am,” Bob said unapologetically. Bunny just nodded and went back to her list.

“Angela.”

“Here.”

“... And finally ... Karen,” Bunny called out.

“Here.”

“That concludes the AHS roll ... now for the Sure-wood Foresters ... Ga…” Miss MacDonald paused as she felt a hand on her arm.

“Just skip her ... she’s caught a ride with Britney’s mother,” Jessica whispered.

“Oh … okay ... thanks,” Bunny quietly replied. “Madeline!” she called out as she resumed the list.

“Here,” Maddy unenthusiastically replied. Miss MacDonald gave her a quizzical look then resumed the calling of the roll.

“Bernadette?”

“Ummm ... Yes, Miss?

“You’re not in class ... I was just calling attendance! Now where was I? Oh, yes ... Allison?”

“Miss.”

“Mer-fawn-ee.”

“Here, Miss...” a despondent Em replied.

“Cheerful bunch aren’t you?” Bunny mumbled to herself and then turned to the bus driver.

“We can go anytime you’re ready.”

As far as she was concerned, the British girls weren’t exactly gushing over the fact that their win was nothing less than a major upset.

Instead, she thought their mood seemed more appropriate for a funeral. There was none of the excited banter that one would expect from some young English teenage girls who just waltzed in and stunned the hometown crowd by unexpectedly beating all the Virginia schools at their own cheerleading game and claiming the 2004 State Cheerleading Championship for their classification.

As the bus sprang to life, an excited Britney spoke up. “Miss MacDonald! Gaby’s not here!”

“Don’t worry about it Britney. Miss Bell told me she’s already left with your mother,” Bunny replied.

“Why?” Britney inquired. Miss Bell turned in her seat and looked down the aisle to where Britney was sitting.

“You’ll see her at home,” Jessica calmly stated while giving Britney a look that strongly suggested that she drop the subject.

As they left the parking lot, Bunny leaned over to her travelling partner and commented to Fran, “I've heard the British are typically a restrained people ... but this?”

“Events have overshadowed the win,” Fran solemnly lamented, but would not elaborate.

Putting together the reaction of each of the Sherwood Foresters and Gaby’s sudden absence, Bunny nodded her acknowledgement and sat back in her seat, choosing not to pursue the matter further. She concluded something had happened but wasn’t quite sure what that ‘something’ was.

Once on the interstate, the monotony of the drive and the exhaustion of the kids soon ensured the trip back to Grottoes was a quiet one with only a few hushed conversations still taking place.

Later that evening when the bus rolled into the flood-lit parking lot of Augusta High School, the kids saw all the parents patiently waiting. When Britney emerged from the bus, she immediately ran for the family’s Forester sitting a short distance away.

“Dad? ... Where’s Mom and Gaby?” a somewhat disappointed Britney asked as she opened the passenger door and climbed in beside her father.

“I love you too!” Donald sarcastically replied.

“No ... it’s not that. It’s just that Gaby wasn’t on the bus and I was kinda hoping she might be here with Mom,” Britney admitted.

“As it is ... your mother’s at home with the girls. She asked me to pick you up,” Mr. Walter’s quietly replied.

“Oh.”

“Now, when you get in the house ... let Gaby have her space ... okay? Something’s really upset her and the last thing she needs is a lot of questions,” Mr. Walters cautioned.

“Da-ad-d-d!” Britney whined.

“I mean it, young lady! ... Leave her be!” Her dad firmly warned.

“Your sister and I were busy enough keeping your mother from badgering the po’ girl! We don’t need to worry about you too... okay?”

“Yes, Daddy...” Britney quietly replied. She knew better than to try to push her father when his mind was set.

“Is she ... like ... okay?” Britney timidly asked.

“I don’t know, honey. Whatever’s bothering her ... she’s taking it mighty hard,” her dad quietly commented.

Donald started the car and headed out of the parking lot. Britney remained very quiet for the trip home.

Back in the school’s parking lot, Jessica kept Maddy and Em on the bus until the others got off. As the now empty coach moved off, both of the escorts guided the two girls towards Jessica’s parked car.

“Sandy ... could you please give us a few minutes?” Jessica asked as Sandy approached to collect Em.

From her vantage point, she could see something was amiss by the body language of Maddy and Em when both Fran and Jessica were having words with them. Finally when Em slowly walked over to Sandy, it was quite clear that she’d been crying.

“Em! What’s wrong?” Sandy softly asked.

“Later. (sniff) Can we just go home?”

“In a minute, sis ... I want to find out what’s going on!” Sandy sternly replied.

“Please?” Em weakly pleaded.

As Fran pulled out of the school’s parking lot, Sandy gently took Em by the hand and approached Jessica, who had just turned to walk the short distance to her car, and Maddy.

“Jessica? What’s going on? Why was Em crying?” a concerned Sandy asked.

“I was going to talk to you on Monday after things calmed down … but since you asked ... there was ... ‘an incident’ at the competition... against one of the other girls, that involved both Maddy and Em.”

Seeing Sandy wasn’t satisfied with that, Jessica elaborated. “There’ll have to be some form of disciplinary action taken … but right now I can’t say if it’ll be anything more than a mention on their records ... hopefully that in itself may be enough. Miss Cowlishaw said their Headmaster would definitely act upon it.”

“Okay ... so?”

“Let’s just say that this had been an on-going thing and both girls have repeatedly ignored prior warnings .. and leave it at that, okay? Today, they pushed their luck and crossed the line.”

“What did they do?”

“Sandy ... as a host, I’m only required to tell you details if it involved your child. All you’ll need to know is our decision ... if any,” Jessica softly replied.

“Okay ... then as a friend. I’ve come to look upon Em as a little sister,” Sandy pleaded.

“You think I don’t feel the same way about some of these kids?”

“Please, Jessica...”

“Okay ... but only because we’re friends ... but it goes no further ... and that includes your mother ... I mean it, Sandy!” Jessica sternly warned.

Only after Sandy nodded her agreement did Jessica proceed to give a summary of their unceasing psychological harassment of a fellow student over the past few weeks, while at the same time being careful not to mention Gaby’s name.

As Em stood beside Sandy and listened to Miss Bell, she felt bad as she saw the disappointment grow in her adopted sister’s expression.

“Sounds to me as if you’re talking about Em’s friend … Gaby ... am I right?” Sandy asked. Jessica’s silence was all she needed to hear.

“I don’t understand. Why’s this such a big deal. You know how mean girls can get.”

“It wasn’t only the insightful comments. There were also a few times that both of them deliberately put Gaby in uncomfortable situations ... in full view of other students and adults. In each of these cases, she was faced with the very real possibility of public humiliation and/or exposure.”

“I still don’t understand ... why would that bother Gaby ... unless she’s … like Em … and … she was … OHMYGOD!

Suddenly the light came on for Sandy. Turning to Em and trying to keep her voice down, Sandy asked, “Em? Is she like us and were Maddy and her…?”

Em remained silent while studying her trainers.

“Em ... be a dear and wait with Maddy ... please? I need to talk to Sandy ... alone.” Noting her reluctance, Jessica added in a soothing voice, “I promise ... it’s not about you. I just have to talk to Sandy … privately ... please?”

After giving Em a hug, she sent her off to join Maddy. With her safely out of earshot, Jessica turned her attention back to a confused Sandy.

“Em and the others don’t know yet, so please keep this to yourself. Naturally I’d rather have let Gaby tell you … but … things obviously aren’t working out that way,” Jessica quietly allowed.

With Sandy’s assurance, Jessica continued in an even quieter voice.

“You almost nailed it. Yes … Maddy and Gaby were a very real couple … but it’s not that simple ... Gaby’s not exactly like Em ... or yourself ... and there’s some history between Gaby and Em,” Jessica explained in a hushed voice.

“Go on,” Sandy whispered. Jessica then gave Sandy an abridged version of ‘Drew vs. Gaby’, as well as the close friendship that once existed between Rhod and Drew.

After hearing Gaby’s story, Sandy silently sorted things out in her own mind.

“Let me get this straight. Maddy’s responsible for bringing Gaby to life … and … she still thinks Gaby is or was, her boyfriend ... Drew … and because of Britney and Debbie ... their parents expected two sisters ... so now Drew has to pretend to be Gaby while over here … but … Maddy doesn’t know that Gaby is now full-time because of her being intersexed … right?” Jessica nodded her head and Sandy continued verbalizing her thoughts.

“An’ Drew … I mean, Gaby and her family … only learned the truth about Gaby a day or two after New Year’s?”

“Right again … but there's more…” Jessica quietly continued. “I’m not exactly sure how … but … somehow or other, some of the other kids at school were able to figure out that Gaby likes girls.”

“Strike two...” Sandy muttered under her breath. “Intersexed and a lesbian...”

“You know it! Right now, all they know is that she’s a lesbian. Word is that no one in that school is going to make friends with her, let alone be seen talking to her ... or they risk becoming a social outcasts, themselves.”

Jessica paused briefly to let things sink in.

“Except for one or two … all the kids who were at your sleepover knew about and were friends with both Gaby and Maddy back in Warsop … but now like the other kids here, they’ve distanced themselves from Gaby … including apparently … Maddy and Em.”

“I can’t wave a magic wand and change their minds about Gaby … but maybe I can do something to take away her fear of exposure and make her feel some good came out of all this.”

“Are you sure you still don’t need a wand?”

“Hopefully not, but I do need your help for what I have in mind. I know Em and probably you as well ... had gotten some very realistic appliances from someone,” Jessica quietly revealed as her plan dawned on Sandy.

The longer Sandy remained silent, the more Jessica became flustered.

“Oh, c’mon Sandy! You don’t think I know exactly what Em was given and how realistic they are? The boys who attacked her the other week, had her panties down around her knees and were convinced they saw a terrified teenage girl lying at their feet instead of a boy like they expected.”

Before Sandy could react to that, Jessica hit her with another revelation.

“I also know for a fact, that Em has no hesitation what-so-ever about showering or changing in front of the other girls for gym! Gaby still has to suffer non-stop teasing from her classmates because she has to use the privacy stalls to hide the fact she has a cloth gaff and breast forms!”

Pausing briefly, Jessica looked Sandy in the eyes and in a soft voice, decided to get personal.

“You and Em have each other. The only thing Gaby has is that she is thousands of miles from home, with the whole of AHS and her friends, against her ... that and a very real 24/7 fear of discovery by everyone in Grottoes ... including Mr. And Mrs. Walters. You know that fear very well ... don’t you, Sandy?”

“You know I do, Jess...” Sandy slowly whispered.

“Do you honestly think Gaby deserves any of this?” Jessica softly wondered.

“No...” Sandy conceded in a whisper.

“Then help me to help her, Sandy! Please?”

“...I promised her that I wouldn't tell anyone,” Sandy whined.

“Fine! If you can’t ... you can’t!” Jessica stated with no small measure of disappointment.

After a very brief pause and an audible sigh, Sandy quietly voiced her decision.

“Alright ... I’ll phone Ellen...”

“Ellen?”

“She owns that small store in town that sells dance outfits. Em and I got our appliances from her ... she’s very sympathetic to ... people like us ... all she asked in return is that we tell her our story for some thesis research,” Sandy explained.

“Sandy! Do you know what you did?” Jessica hissed.

“It’s all anonymous! She gave us her word and we believed her!”

“Okay ... sorry. (sigh) If you set up the meeting, then Gaby and I will take it from there,” Jessica softly replied despite any misgivings she may have had about Gaby telling her story to a stranger.

“No ... I’ll go with you.”

“You don’t have to.”

“It’ll be easier if I do...”

“Thank you. Please remember, though ... don’t mention any of this to anyone, especially Em and Maddy. Let Gaby do that on her own terms. You can understand that ... can’t you?”

“Don’t worry, Jessica ... I won’t tell a soul.”

Sandy thought back to the sleepover. Now little things that were seemingly unconnected, all fit together and she also had a better understanding of why Ally was angry with both Maddy and Em.

Turning her attention to Em, Sandy put on a cheerful face and called her over, “C’mon, sis ... Mom and Kevin are waiting!”

While waiting for Em, she whispered to Jessica, “I’ll try to call you later tonight.”

As Sandy turned and led Em to her car, Jessica returned to Maddy and prepared to leave the school herself.

“Miss? ... I’m sorry,” Maddy tearfully offered while trying to avoid eye contact with her teacher.

Jessica threw the car back into ‘Park’ just as they were about to leave the school and briefly closed her eyes while sinking back into her seat. Looking across at Maddy, she spoke in a soft consolatory voice.

“It’s not me you should really be apologizing to ... you know that ... don’t you?”

“I know...” replied a dejected Maddy. “Will I be sent home, Miss?”

Instead of putting the car into ‘Drive’, Jessica sat back into her seat and carefully chose her next words.

“Maddy ... honey ... let’s get a couple things straight ... okay?” As Maddy slowly turned and faced her, Jessica continued.

“Yes ... I’m very disappointed in you ... but that’s no reason to go back to calling me ‘Miss’ ... not after all this time. I hope we still can be friends. You do have to admit, though, that you’ve dug a really deep hole for yourself despite repeated warnings. I told you that if you continued, things might happen and I might not be able to help you. Fran and I told you that this wasn’t a game and as a result of your actions, lives both here and in Warsop, will have have been scarred. Now we have to deal with it!” Jessica quietly voiced.

“As for sending you home ... I don’t rightly know. That remains to be seen. Fran and I will have to put our heads together before we make any decision ... but I somehow doubt it will come to that, being it’s so late in your trip an’ all. However ... Mr. Woods and your parents will have to be informed ... there’s no way to avoid that.”

Maddy looked down at her lap and Jessica could see her lips starting to quiver.

“I'm sorry … but you and Em brought it upon yourselves,” Jessica softly mentioned. She then undid her seat belt and leaned over and gave Maddy a little hug. “Let’s go home.”

Later that evening, Jessica got a phone call that had her calling the Walter residence after Maddy went up to her room.

“Hello? ... Oh ... hi, Miss Bell ... it’s Debbie.” After a short pause, Debbie spoke again. “Gaby’s upstairs, but here’s Jules.” As Debbie handed Jules the phone, she whispered, “It’s Jessica!”

“Hello? ... Miss Bell? ... No ... nothing that I know of ... just a second ... I’ll ask Deb,” Jules stated then turning to Debbie, asked, “We doing anything tomorrow afternoon? Miss Bell wants to take Gaby and I for the afternoon.”

“Go for it ... we’re doing nothing important!” Debbie replied with a shrug.

“Hello ... Miss Bell? ... Sorry about that … but Deb sez we’re free ... no … we planned nothing. I know Gab’s supposed to go for a ride in the morning ... but she should be back by noon at the latest ... okay, one o’clock ... we’ll be ready ... thanks for calling ... g’nite.”

Jules then informed Debbie and her parents that she and Gaby would be out with Miss Bell for the afternoon, the next day.

“I think Miss B wants to talk to Gabs and I about today.”

After talking with the Walters, she went upstairs to their room to inform Gaby. There she found her sister, eyes closed, lying on her bed with the lights off and listening to the CD that was softly playing on the laptop that Debbie loaned the two for their stay.

“Sis? ... You awake?” Jules whispered.

Gaby opened her eyes and turned on the lamp between their beds as Jules closed the bedroom door and entered the room. After walking to her own bed, she sat down on the edge of the mattress and looked at her sister.

“Jessica called and wants to see both of us tomorrow afternoon ... she’ll be here to pick us up at one o’clock. I told her that you’re going for a ride in the morning but you’ll be back by noon,” Jules softly mentioned.

“Thanks, sis. I’ll tell Erin that I have to be back by then. She probably wants to talk to us about what happened today,” Gaby quietly replied with dejected resignation.

Moving over to her sister’s bed, Jules reached out and touched Gaby's arm. “We haven’t talked for awhile ... you want to now?

“Yeah... (sniff)” Gaby whispered and then opened her arms signalling she wanted Jules to hold her.

For the next while Gaby poured out her pent-up feelings about the trip, the gang’s drifting apart and in particular Maddy, the other kids and anything else that was bothering her. As usual, Jules listened with a sympathetic ear.

Ever since the weekend Gaby and Maddy switched places, the problems really manifested themselves. These private ‘talks’ between the sister's proved to be the glue that held Gaby together over the course of the visit along with her cycling. It was especially evident when she had particularly bad days.

Sometimes Jules would offer sisterly advice. Other times, she was just there for Gaby while she had a good cry. Like Mr. Walters had said, she was all her sister had and it was that realization that made her determined to be there for her, whenever she was needed. A few times, that even meant sitting up with Gaby for a good portion of the night when she was crying in her sleep or having nightmares about recent events.

The next day shortly before one, Jessica appeared at the Walters’ door to collect the Bond girls.

“Told you I’d be here! Ready?” Jessica cheerfully asked. As the girls gathered their coats and went to leave, she turned around and told Jocelyn, “I’ll have them back for supper!”

As they walked to her car, Gaby noticed Sandy’s Volvo parked along the curb a few houses from the Walters.

“What’s she doing here?” asked Gaby, nodding towards Sandy’s car.

“All in good time ... now hurry up and get in,” Jessica urged.

Once the Jetta sprang to life, Sandy’s car pulled forward and continued down the street. Soon, both cars pulled into the small back parking lot of Ellen’s Dance Shoppe.

“Okay ... everyone out!” Jessica ordered.

“This is where I had to get my dance leotard for Gym. So, why we here?” Gaby inquired.

“She always this inquisitive, Jules?” Jessica asked with a laugh in her voice.

“Usually,” Jules confirmed, but she was just as mystified.

“It say’s ‘closed!” Gaby observed as they approached and saw the sign in the front door.

“Of course it does ... it’s Sunday!” Sandy replied as she knocked on the door. It was immediately opened by a rather attractive woman who Gaby thought was about the same age as Mrs. Walters.

“Right on time! C’mon in folks,” Ellen cheerfully offered. Once in, Sandy started to perform the introductions.

“Ellen ... this is my very good friend … Jessica Bell ... and two of her exchange students ... Jules and Gaby Bond. Guys ... this here’s Ellen … a girl’s best friend!” Sandy gushed.

“I’m very happy to finally meet you Jessica ... both Sandy and Em have spoken very highly of you,” Ellen greeted and then turning to the two sisters, she added, “Jules ... Gaby ... welcome!”

Getting right down to business, Ellen went on to say, “We’ll be more comfortable in my office. I’ve just put on a fresh pot of coffee and I’ve also got a few different teas, hot chocolate or soda for you girls.”

As they filed onto Ellen’s office, Sandy asked the Bond girls to join her on the sofa along the wall, while Jessica and Ellen moved the two plush chairs that were in front of her desk to complete the conversation pit.

“I'll get right to the point. Gaby ... do you know why you’re here?” Ellen asked in a soft voice.

“No. Jules and I thought we were going to Miss Bell's place to talk to about what happened yesterday,” Gaby admitted.

“In a way ... this is about yesterday,” Jessica allowed.

“Jessica...?” Jessica sat back in her chair, and nodded, allowing Sandy to carry on.

“Okay ... Gaby? Last night when the bus got back to the school, I found out that both Maddy and Em were in trouble for all the stuff they’ve pulled on you during your visit. After pestering Jess, she told me what was going on ... but before Em and I left the school ... Jess and I had a private talk ... about you ... and I made her tell me everything!”

“Jessica?” Gaby’s anxiety level was clearly rising.

“I can’t do anything about the other kids, Gaby ... but I thought I could help you with how others see you ... and for that, I needed Sandy’s help.”

“But...”

Seeing the panic building in Gaby's eyes as she frantically looked between Jessica and herself, Sandy was quick to gently take hold of the young girl’s hand in an attempt to calm her.

“Gaby ... please! Jess only wanted to help you and I left her no choice but to tell me everything ... if I was going to help her, help you.”

“I’m sorry Gaby ... I really am ... but I couldn’t see any other way!” Jessica apologized.

Gaby was still a bit shaken, but calmer than she initially was. Sandy decided to lay all her cards on the table.

“Do you remember the night everyone was at my mom’s place for dinner and you and Maddy were dropped off after doing something with bikes?” Gaby nodded as Sandy continued.

“Em took us to her bedroom where she stripped to show you guys how real her breast forms and gaff looked ... didn’t she?” Again, Gaby nodded, speechless and intently listening to every word Sandy spoke.

“Tell me ... what did you think when you saw her standing there ... naked?”

“That if I didn’t know about Em, I’d swear I was looking at a real girl ... an’ wishing I had whatever she had. At least I wouldn’t have to hide whenever I was in a change room with other girls or worrying about Mrs. W walking in on me,” Gaby truthfully replied, still unsure of what Sandy was driving at.

“Ellen here, trusted us to keep her secret ... but after speaking to Jess last night ... I agreed to call her and set up this meeting. She told me to tell you that she’s prepared to offer you the exact same deal that she offered Em ... and ... me...”

Gaby and Jules both did a double take in disbelief.

“What?” Gaby was gobsmacked.

“It’s true, Gaby ... I’m a pre-op transsexual. I still need my SRS … but that’ll come some day. Mom doesn’t know about either you or Em ... or that Em knows about me ... but we’ve known about each other since she arrived. I just wish I knew about you as well. It would’ve been kind of nice if we all had each other to talk to,” Sandy confided.

She gambled outing herself would gain Gaby’s trust and it appeared to have worked as the young teen was noticeably calmer.

“Like Sandy said ... I want to help you, Gaby. The deal I gave the other two applies to you as well,” Ellen offered.

Hearing only silence, Ellen took that as a sign Gaby and Jules were curious and wanted to hear more.

“Let me explain ... I’m working towards a Doctorate in Psychology and I want your story. I plan to use all the stories I collect from people like yourself to help me prepare my thesis. Of course, I'll ensure that it is totally anonymous when it comes to anything that might provide a clue as to the individual’s identity.”

“What do you say?” Ellen asked Gaby after a few minutes of silence.

“Take it sis ... you know it’ll help ... at least you won’t have to worry about Mrs. W anymore...” Jules encouraged.

“You’ll say nothing about my cycling or Mum?” Gaby was plainly worried about a connection being made.

“Gaby holds three National cycling titles and is semi-pro, while our Mum is the current Women’s Pro Cycling World Champion … so naturally ... Gabs’ is worried about any possible connection being made,” Jules explained to a confused Ellen.

“Not a word. As I said ... there will be absolutely no mention of anything that might provide a clue as to the individual’s identity, or that of any family member.”

Gaby looked at her sister and then at Jessica, hoping for some kind of guidance. Seeing she was still unsure, Ellen grabbed a framed photo off her desk and passed it to Gaby.

“I have a personal interest in keeping everything anonymous. The woman in that photo is not only a highly respected fashion model ... she’s also my lesbian partner ... and my ex-husband! Her story and what she’s had to endure, is why I chose this area of study for my thesis. Could you imagine what could happen to her life ... our life ... if any of it became public?” Ellen confided.

“Okay ... whaddya want to know?” Gaby asked, as Ellen sat back and reached for her recorder.

Over the next hour or so, Ellen questioned Gaby in addition to listening to her life story. She was also interested in questioning Jules about the family’s reaction to a second daughter. While Jessica had already heard Gaby’s story, she found it most interesting hearing it from Jules’ perspective and Sandy was hanging on both girl’s every word, especially when they spoke of their family’s acceptance.

“Just amazin’! Thank you … both of you,” Ellen later extolled as she ended the interview. She leaned forward in her chair and addressed Gaby.

“You’re a very pretty young lady, Gaby ... I really hope everything works out for you in the future.”

Rising from her chair, Ellen put the recording device back into her purse.

“Now ... let’s see what I can do for you ... shall we?”

As they adjourned into the store, Ellen directed Gaby to a change room and asked her to strip while she went into the back room.

“C’mon, sis ... you’re here now!” Jules whispered sensing Gaby’s reluctance.

Ellen returned with an armload of boxes as Gaby disappeared into the indicated change room. Even though it was like her sister said and every one present was a girl, Gaby still felt a little embarrassed being naked in front of Ellen.

“Relax, dear ... you’ve got nothin’ I haven’t seen before,” Ellen said in a soothing voice.

“Besides ... when we’re done here ... your Mrs. W can look all she wants, but she ain’t gonna see no boy!” Ellen confidently added with a smile.

“Fine with me!” Gaby replied with a smile.

“You’ll be surprised how many girls like you and Sandy, I’ve taken care of!” Ellen casually voiced while she produced some solvent.

After removing Gaby’s breastforms and measuring her chest, she began to rummage through the boxes she brought with her until she found the size she was looking for. When she opened the box and removed the contents, she held a set of forms that looked like real breasts. 

"These are about the right size for a girl your age ... I would suggest nothing larger than a B cup because anything larger and the change in your appearance would be too noticeable,” Ellen stated as she fitted the forms to Gaby’s chest, before gluing them in place.

“Just a little water-proof make-up around the seams for blending ... and ... viola!” Ellen stood back and let Gaby look at herself in the change-room mirror.

“Whaddya think?” Ellen asked.

Gaby couldn’t tell where the breast forms stopped and her skin started. She was grinning ear to ear when she turned to Ellen. “I don’t know what to say!”

“Before you leave here, I’ll give you some blending tips ... okay?” Ellen asked.

“You realize you’ll need some new bras after you’re finished here,” Ellen pointed out with a chuckle.

“Did I hear the S-word?” Jules asked from the other side of the closed change room door.

(sigh) “Yes, sister-of-mine ... you did. Ellen says I have to get some new bras,” Gaby called back. Looking back at Ellen, she quickly whispered, “Mum calls it ‘selective hearing’...”

“I heard that!” Jules called back.

Returning to the matter at hand, Ellen suggested, “Let’s get you fixed up ‘below’ ... shall we?”

“Okay...”

“Now this, Gaby … is called a V-string. It’s a professional gaff. They’re usually custom made for those people that like to look as much like a woman as possible … but I always try to keep some in stock for customers like yourself. Like your breast forms, it’s glued in place ... so it may be a bit uncomfortable at first … but you’ll quickly get used to it,” Ellen explained.

Noting Gaby was already familiar with wearing a gaff, Ellen coyly asked, “Do you want to do the ‘honours’ ... or do you need help?”

A blushing Gaby took the gaff and adjusted her ‘boy bits’, allowing Ellen to do a final fitting before applying the glue.

“Now ... how does that look? It’s the same as Em and Sandy wear,” Ellen offered.

Gaby looked once more at herself in the full-length mirror. “Jules!”

As soon as she entered the change room, Gaby turned to face her.

“Look!”

Jules stood there with a stunned expression on her face, taking in her sister for the first time.

“Well?” an inquisitive Gaby ventured.

Jules blinked a few times, trying to hold back her tears of joy. “No one can deny you’re a real girl, sis ... not from what I see.” Ellen took the opportunity to hand Jules a slip of paper.

“Her bra size ... in case somebody forgets,” Ellen added with a smile, while discreetly looking at Gaby.

“As I told Em … they claim you can even have sex with it … but like I also told her ... you're much too young for that! You can also have a period using a 'blood capsule'.” Seeing an uncertain look on Gaby’s face, Ellen told her about Em.

“I’m told some girls checked up on Em, when she first arrived. Apparently a certain person was convinced that she was a boy.”

“Dan,” Gaby whispered.

“As I heard it ... seeing proof of Em’s ‘period’, convinced these girls that she was really a girl.”

“Sis?” Jules hinted.

“I’ve still got some capsules … if you’d like to have them.”

“Yes, please!” Gaby enthusiastically replied as she looked at Jules nodding her opinion.

“Be right back ... I’ll get them. You kin get dressed now, Gaby … an’ I’ll meet you at the front counter,” Ellen mentioned.

“I already asked Jessica and she’ll take us to the mall if you’re quick about it!” Jules enthused.

“There you go, dear ... you’re all set,” Ellen handed Gaby her 'blood capsules' but when she started to look for some money, Ellen put her hand over Gaby’s open purse.

“It’s all paid for ... remember the chat we had? ... You’ll also find a card in the bag with those blending tips that I was tellin’ you about and the name of the make-up I used.

Now run along ... Jessica’s waiting!”

“Thank you! ... Bye!” Gaby excitedly replied as she and Jules left the store.

Back at the cars, the four of them exchanged a few last words.

“Sandy’s got to head home ... her excuse is running out … so it falls to me to get you to the mall and back.”

“How did you get here without Em, Sandy?” Gaby asked.

“I told everyone that work called and asked me to fill in for one of the other girls ... and the last I saw Em ... she was busy playing some PS2 game with Kevin ... but now I gotta get back ‘cuz Jack’s closed about 20 minutes ago,” Sandy cheerfully replied.

“Well … thanks for everything ... an’ I mean everything!” Gaby gushed as she gave Sandy a hug.

“Hopefully we can all get together before you go,” Sandy said wishfully. They stood and watched Sandy leave before they got into Jessica’s car and headed for the mall.

“Where’s Mad?” Gaby casually asked as she got into the front seat with Jessica.

“With Sabrina … I’m supposedly enjoying a ‘working visit’ with Fran,” Jessica grinned.

“Oh … an’ are you enjoying it?” joked Gaby.

“Right now I am!” Jessica playfully enthused. “Now let’s go shopping, shall we?”

After driving to Waynesboro and turning into the mall’s massive parking lot, Jessica turned to Gaby.

“Know what you’re going for?”

“Just a couple of bras ... Ellen told me 34B,” Gaby answered.

“And some make-up,” Jules added while fingering Ellen’s card.

“Think you’ll find what you want in here,” Jessica remarked as they got out of the car and headed for the large J.C.Penny’s.

 
 
Comments are gratefully appreciated


 
To Be Continued...
 

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry for the delay

I got the stitches out of my hand today, so here is the latest revised chapter of Atd. Like the others, this one is changed a bit from the original posted on Maddy B's site.

I may speed up a bit on posting these, depending on how my schedule goes. The sooner I get them up, the less time PB has to keep "revising" them! ;-)

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Thanks Karen J and P.B.

This story is a beautiful bitter sweet romance. This story Should be a must reaad for Gaby Fans,
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank You!

We appreciate you continuing support, Stan. The lack of comments on this bugs me sometimes, I know how hard PB worked on these (and continues to work on the followup books), and it distresses me that very few comments have been made.

Let me tell you, the first chapter of the next book (Rough Waters) has been significantly upgraded. Hang on to your hat!

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

well i'm about 3 yrs late in commenting after the posting, but,

I've made my self known in comments in liking the revised alternative chapters. it gives new insight on many things, puts a bad lite on maddy I'm not so sure yet why she's reacting the way she has, but I do seem to remember her having issues of some sorts in origional story Maddy Bell wrote. I'm not positive of my memory so will refrain from stating what i believe did occur then. (I read the origional mutiple times in past, but my memory of lat few yrs just doesnt seem to triggger when i want it to and yea my DR and shrink both know this). I do know it's not alheimers or beginning of such tho, that much has been confirmed as well as any can do).
I'm curious (as I should be just how this transpires, tho unfortunately i'm aware of how it ends and i've clearly written on that subj twice at least in prior chapters. so i'll leave that alone.
.
A comment asked why some not commenting, I cant say. maybe like myself, this ALT storyline isnt / wasnt widely known. I 've been a huge Gabby fan for some time, but this i stumbled upon by pure accident lookin for other stories like Gabby. TOPSHELF has def has provided me with lots of those ... i specifically like to point out PB as one, ANGHARAD has 5-6 stories, I just cant stop raving about specially the doormouse saga...to be able to do what she's done with that and more the manner she's written it, purely has me in AWE. CYCLIST is another writer that i thought was really good and 3-4 stories i especially enjoyed. Ellen Hayes is really the 1st TG fiction writer i stumbled upon with her Tucker saga, Like Gabby was often gullable in love with a girl, and so easily slid into girl mode, and like the GF MADDY in Gabby seemed to delight getting Tucker dressed up as a girl with sometimes serious consequences but more often funny ones. and I like the NENA series she wrote also.
.
I'm getting off track, but maybe this one isnt pointed to as some of the others or made comments of in other comments while we write our comments on other stories. in other words word of mouth isnt getting this noticed. I don't know what wesite tracker is telling you on how many... maybe the folks that are reading (vast majority) just dont care to comment in fear of being found out or just wont for other reasons.
.
I'm enjoying story as written, so i'm off to the next one. :-)
HUGGS to PB and all the others that have worked hard for us to enjoy all the stories we've enjoyed. some may llike more hardcore, me, I'm 55 a non-op for medical reasons intersexed transsexual....WHEW !!!! alot of labels that still i dont think gets the whole essence of me and confuses even more .....giggles...... some days i get my giggles where i can because that's better than alternatives.