Drabble Saga 26: All Sewed Up

Printer-friendly version

Ruby had him practice putting on and taking off makeup for most of the evening before finally disappearing about nine p.m.

"Get some beauty sleep, sugah," she ordered. "I'll be back to help you get ready for your morning classes."

Before Davey could protest, she was gone. He followed to the door and opened it to find Larry standing there, smiling, looking him up and down.

"I can't sleep in this stuff," Davey protested, still wearing the corset and padded girdle with a pink nightgown and robe over it. "Ruby sewed me into this, I can't get it off!"

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

30 is nice and round - ish

kristina l s's picture

Well I guess an ending is desirable, so maybe a few more to, ah, round things out. How? Hmm, Davey skips on a greyhound. Larry relents and helps him escape. Dee Dee embraces her inner sugah. The nose proves to have more nowse than we suspected. Um... I could go a few more but, you'll work it out I'm sure.

It has been fun, so just a few more huh.

Kristina

I like 50..

or 100, or a 1000 even. Gheez Kristina, what's the matter with you? You feel it's not according 'Drabble law' or something to go on with this for so long, you want Lainie to wrap it up at 30. It's a saga too honey :)

Whatever you want to dish out Lainie, I sure hope you will write and drabble for a looong time. This has been a very fun read till now, and though I wish you'd write bigger chunks they've become another reason to come to BC for a quick check if you added another pebble to D's Omaha beach, just as much as I come here hoping for another episode of EAFOAB.

I often go back in drabble-saga time and read up on Davey/Dee Dee's to relive and -relish the feel and gist after you added another little piece. Just as often I decide to wait for a couple of days before reading some more drabbles, but the next day these thoughts and any resolve are shed and I eagerly open the newest or work up to it.

I like your writing(s), it has that intoxicating mesmerizing mix of humor and suspense, body and outlandish fiction, which makes me laugh and giggle, snivel and groan, but never bored. Only thing that bothers me some, is you write -apparently- in short intense spouts, original and humorous, but then maybe lose interest or momentum so stories have to be sadly short or are left in limbo. Like one of my favorites, Devil in drag, is left hanging after part 4, and that's a bit of a shame.

So maybe, by writing in this drabble-saga way, you've found your ideal mix to keep writing on some sort of same subject.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Jo-Anne

hey

kristina l s's picture

Drabble law? Not really the point if you look at Lainie's comment on the previous bit. She indicated a desire to finish up and asked for comments. Her choice entirely as I think you would agree.

Kristina

Oh alright

not drabble law then. *h(gr)umbles* Sorry.

And I looked. And read "I originally intended" so it's not that she'd made her mind up for sure then, has she? But! What did I read? Oh yes, lo and behold, she mentioned the possibility of a more conventional story. Hmmm. Don't know if that's such a good idea, I mean Lainie, you're obviously on a role here. And having blisters on your fingers already? Oi vey.

Jo-Anne

On a sidenote. Did you all notice that when you've commented -or not, but are logged in- you actually get more, quicker, than when you logged out again? I mean, I only noticed you commented back at my comment, after I logged in on my other machine.
Yes I have more than one. So maybe I'm a geek? Or is that geekette? :P

Drabbled Out

I wrote the ending last night and posted the last three episodes (two more). So it ends with 28-1/2 drabbles, a significant number since it's the average length of a woman's menstrual cycle. :D

I left it in a place with lots of room for continuation but I've had another idea about a basketball player who commits a technical foul. I thought I might write it in 200 word segments and call it, Double Drabble. ;P

Love and hang time,
Lainie

I humbly suggest

laika's picture

that if you have a plot in mind for this (and my guess is you do), then let that dictate
the length, Lainie. The clamoring of fans for a saga to never end seems very flattering,
but a well-configured progression of events leading to a great ending..... well that's the
difference between art & wallpaper. Remind your readers that there can be other stories.
I like these characters, Ruby is a real hoot, and even His Noseship is not without a
certain spooky charm, but I'm sure they're not the only folks populating your noggin
who need to have their day in literary reality. There can be always be sequals,
or some of these characters can arc through new stories as cameos & such,
in some whole new context. But I'm sure you know all this...
~~~hugs, Laika