Warsop-2

Printer-friendly version

Warsop-2
A Gaby Fan-Fiction

by Stanman

Synopsis:With the Bond's moved to Germany, just what do the gang get up to back in Warsop? This story gives a shot at answering that very question.


From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html
Helen awoke and saw Maddy staring out the window, silently weeping. Helen quietly stole over to where Maddy sat upon a chest covered with a comforter. *I have never seen her like this, she used to be so full of life before Drew left for Germany. I too miss him, but Maddy's heart is broken. Can it be fixed?"*

"Why are you crying Maddy?" Helen sat by her and held Maddy as she wept.

"Because I miss Drew [sniff] and Gaby and [sniff] I can't tell which one that I [sniff] miss more." [sniff]

"Are they not both the same person?"

"Yes and ;sniff] no." [sniff]

"What do you mean?" *Does Maddy se something that I don't?*

"Drew is most [sniff] definitely [sniff] Gaby, but at times, [sniff] Gaby became her [sniff] own [sniff] person." [sniff]

"Explain please."

"It was during the [sniff] Cultural Exchange [sniff] Program that we had,[sniff ] Brit and Debbie [sniff] Walters went out of their [sniff] way to put Drew in a [sniff] dress and said [sniff] they thought that he was [sniff] a girl."

"Well, Drew does look like you."

"I know, but at the end, they confessed that they knew that Drew was a boy, they were just having fun at his expense." [sniff]

"That was mean, Drew could have been hurt."

"I know Helen, [sniff] and because of them not telling their parents, [sniff] Drew had to be Gaby for our trip to [sniff] America."

"WHAT? DIDN'T DREW GET MAD?" I knew that I would have if I was him.

"Yes he did, [sniff] but you know how [sniff] much of [sniff] nice guy that [sniff] Drew is. [sniff] He agreed to do it so that they [sniff] would not be in [sniff] trouble and the trip [sniff] get compromised." [sniff]

Drew has been hurt, yet he is so generous that he forgives those that hurt him, If only he would get angry and put a stop to it, but then, he wouldn't be Drew. "Did he have any breaks?" Being Gaby for all that time must have been hard.

"Yes, [sniff] Brit introduced him to the local cycling club [sniff] and he began riding with them [sniff] and with them, he rode as Gaby [sniff] in a local bike race where his [sniff] Mum and her team [sniff] showed up at."

"I am glad that he had that bit of fun, but what those girls did was appalling, even if Drew did get to ride." Drew, why must you be so nice?

""They paid for [sniff] hurting [sniff] Drew."

"Good, because I am fond of him too."[sigh]

"Like as a boyfriend?" She sounded so wounded and hopeless right then that I couldn't hurt her. Yes, I would like a boyfriend like Drew, but not at the cost of hurting Maddy.

"I don't know Maddy, all that I know is that he is one of the very few boys here that I trust." Well, that was true, it will be hard to talk about Drew with her.

"Oh? What other boys do you trust?" I could see a bit of the old Maddy now and I liked it even if I was the target of her plans.

"Clive and Paul."

"Why them?"

"Because they are Drew's friends and they have both been very nice to me."

"Paul can be sweet when he likes you, but Clive is being nice because of Gaby." [sigh]

"Oh?" I never knew about Clive and Gaby.

"Clive has a crush upon Gaby and even after she broke up with him, he still fancies her." [sigh]

"And he does not know about Drew being Gaby?" Has a crush on Drew? That must be confusing to Drew.

"No."

"And you feel guilty for helping to create Gaby."

"Yes, because of me, Clive fell for Gaby."

"At least Clive has good taste." Now it is time for Maddy to accept what she did and forgive herself.

"Huh?"

"Maddy, he chose what he saw as a very sweet girl who just happened to be his friend Drew, do you think that Gaby would have accepted his overtures if Gaby was not Drew?"

"I don't know." Huh? She should know.

"Has Gaby ever had feelings for a boy?"

"No, not really, but in a dream, yes."

"Want to tell me about it?"

"Might as well, [sigh] everybody else knows about the dream."

"Don't worry Maddy, I care for Drew too." I put my hand upon her shoulder.

"In the dream, Drew and I were going down south with my Mum on a vacation so that he could rest up from getting sick. On the way, an accident happened and Drew had to wear a skirt for a bit, then we met a pair of local boys and we started going out with them."

"But Drew was not Gaby at the time."

"True, so I had Jules send his Gaby bits down so that he could be Gaby and I kept on contriving to get Gaby to kiss her boyfriend." [sniff]

"Why?"

"I was on a power trip and wanted for Drew to see what being a girl was like, but it got out of hand." [sniff]

"Did Gaby take over?"

"Yes, and Drew almost became Gaby because I pushed him too hard. Only when his boyfriend saw that Drew was Gaby did the spell break." [sniff]

"What happened?"

"Gaby's boobs fell out of her dress." [sniff]

"Was Drew hurt?"

"No, the boy was shocked, but when everything was explained about Drew, he accepted Drew as a friend."

"He could have hurt Drew."

"Yes, but because Drew tried to end the relationship, he knew that Drew never meant to hurt him."

"And Drew as Gaby was falling for him?"

"Yes, I almost lost my Drew in the dream." [sniff]

"Maybe that dream was telling you not to push Drew into being Gaby."

"Thanks Helen, you have given me a lot to think about."

"Anytime Maddy."

Then after a hug, Helen went to bed and slept while Maddy penned more in her diary.

********

*I have begun to befriend Helen just like Drew would want me to do. She joined the Sherwood Foresters because Gaby was a member before she moved to Germany. As Team Captain, I could have vetoed her application, but she truly has the talent and with a bit of training, she could learn to do the splits like Gaby did. I wonder if she would like to start racing with me? I think that I will ask her soon.*

"Helen, time to get up."

"Oh, hi Maddy."

"Come on Helen I want to get you real pretty today."

"Alright, what will we wear?"

"I have some matching shorts and tops that we can wear."

Then handing Helen a bundle of clothes, she began to dress in an identical out fit. Maddy's was a pink tank top and matching shorts. Helen put hers on, she was gobsmacked at how she looked in the mirror.

"Well, do you like it?"

"Yes Maddy, it is very pretty."

"I got these before Drew went to Germany, I never got him to wear it." [sigh]

"Do you want for me to be Drew for you?"

"No Helen, be yourself. I just want to if you will let me, at times dress you as Drew or Gaby."

"But why me?"

"Because you are living in their house and your bedroom used to be Drew's."

"And by me being Gaby or Drew for you, I help you to not miss them as much."

"Yes."

"Is that why I am a Cheerleader?"

"That and you can do the splits like Gaby did."

"Do you want for me to start cycling with you?"

"Helen, I wanted to ask you that, but I was afraid to ask."

"Why?"

"You could say no."

"Maddy, my Mum has been able to get me a proper racing bike like yours. I am going to go qualify after my physical."

"It's a good thing that we all have a physical on the same day isn't it?"

"You think that it was a set up?"

"Yes, so that I would have support today."

"Me to, but I was totally in the dark."

"But my Mum was not."

"You think...?"

"Yep, I do."

Looking at the clock, "Time to get down stairs and awaken them."

Then Maddy, with an evil grin, got a cup of water and splashed both Bernie and Ally.

"HEY!!!"

"WHAT!!!"

"Time to get up you two sleepy heads." [giggle]

"Why splash us Maddy?"

"To teach you two not to pretend to sleep while I am talking to Helen Bernie."

"But we were asleep."

"Then why did I see you two grin a few times Ally?"

"O.K. We admit it Helen."

"We are just happy that you are getting along with Maddy."

Then Maddy plopped a bundle by each of them.

"Here are your kits for the day you two, Helen and I are heading down to brekky."

Opening her bundle, Ally looked relieved.

"At least we aren't being given anything too girly today."

Then she went to the loo to get ready, taking her bundle with her. as Helen and Maddy headed down stairs.

"Why was she worried about her kit?"

"I have been either dressing myself or them in Gaby mode when I get the chance." [sigh]

"And that changed?"

"Yes, with you and me getting closer, I don't need to create Gaby as often."

"Because I am cycling and Cheering in Drew's place."

"Yes." [sigh]

"Want to tell them?"

"No, I want for them to still worry for a bit." [giggle]

"Why?"

"So that they will ask."

"Oh?"

"Helen, I have been mean to them because of my missing Drew, we need to talk and only when they are ready will I tell them."

"O.K. Maddy, I hope that you know what you are doing."

"Me too, Helen, me too."

[Maddy is beginning to accept me now, but as a surrogate Drew. I will accept this as my way of helping her to deal with her feelings about Drew/Gaby, but I wonder if she will in time see me as Drew or will I be Helen in her eyes.?]

Then in the kitchen, they began making tea and toast for everybody as Carol Peters walked in.

"Morning girls."

"Morning Aunt Carol."

"Morning Mummy."

"My, don't you two look spiffy in matching kits."

"Thank you Aunt Carol, Maddy picked it out for me."

"Well Helen, it was either that or a skirt or dress, and I thought that we would feel better in shorts today."

"Well, Maddy chose two nice kits."

"Thanks Mummy."

Then Ally and Bernie came tromping into the kitchen wearing their shorts sets; Ally in a blue shorts kit and Bernie in a purple kit.

"My, you two girls look ready to ride a bike, don't they Maddy?" [giggle]

"Yes mum, but so do Helen and I."

"That you do pet, but at times, you have your guests wearing frilly things."

"Mum, I am sure that I was not that bad." [sigh]

"Oh? last time I spent the night, I looked like Shirley Temple and Bernie like Little Orphan Annie."

"But that was on a dare, you two bet me that I couldn't dress you like them."

"When was this Maddy?"

"Last week Helen."

"Sorry Maddy, we were both a bit miffed that we looked like them."

"That's O.K. Bernie, no harm done."

"Now girls, eat up so that we can go have those physicals."

"Yes Aunt Carol." they chorused."

"Yes Mum."

Then John Peters came in and seeing a room full of pretty teens, decided to have a bit of fun.

"Well now, with so many pretty girls, I can't pick out my Princess." [chortle]

"Over here Daddy." [giggle]

"Then if you are my Princess, give me a kiss."

"Yes Daddy."

Then Maddy ran and jumped into her Daddy's open arms and planted a big, sloppy kiss upon his cheek.

"Getting cheeky Princess?"

"Yes Daddy." [giggle']

"John, what about the other girls?"

"Want them to kiss me too?"

"No."

"Then I will kiss them."

Then going to each one, John kissed everybody upon the cheek, then he sat down to his cup of tea and toast.

"Daddy, will you be home tonight?

"Yes I will. why?"

"I have a race tonight at Metheringham."

"I will be there Princess."

"Maddy, when do I qualify for cycling?"

"You can qualify tonight, just ask John."

"O.K. thanks."

Then after finishing his toast and tea, John kissed Carol.

"See you later Love."

Then he went out the door.

"Well girls, time to go."

"Yes ma'am," they all chorused, then giggled over their answer.

Heading out to the garage, they all entered Carol's Honda.

"Are you girls scared?"

"I am, this is my first ever since i came here."

"Don't worry Helen, the doctors will test you and pass you."

"But Maddy, I have never had a man to see me, not even a doctor." [sniff]

"Easy there Helen, neither have i and they have women doctors there too."

"That's why I am taking you girls to see my doctor, she can sign off for all of you."

"Thanks Aunt Carol." Anytime Helen."

"I hope that you girls are ready, this will take all day."

"Will we be back in time for the race Mummy?"

"You should be Maddy."

Then they pulled into the Doctor's office. The building was an old warehouse converted into office space.

"Doctor Karen Sharp has been here for years, do not let the building fool you, the facilities are top notch."

"Why a warehouse Aunt Carol?"

"The old clinic was destroyed by flood and so this place was bought and renovated."

Then stepping into the foyer, they saw that the reception was well appointed and modeled upon classic Victorian style. Carol stepped up to the counter.

"I am Carol Peters here with my daughter Maddy Peters and friends for their physical."

"Please fill out these forms."

the receptionist was a petite brunette wearing a nurses dress. After Carol had filled out the papers and handed them back, the receptionist took them.

"I am afraid that we can not handle them."

"And why not?"

"We are not qualified to handle sports physicals."

"Call Doctor Sharp please."

"Why?"

"She is my doctor."

"She is busy."

Then Carol reached over and flipped the intercom switch on, " Doctor Karen Sharp, this is Carol Peters, please come to the reception."

Then a red faced receptionist stood up, "HOW DARE YOU! I AM CALLING SECURITY!!'

"Why do that Anne?' Carol is my patient."

"Yes sir."

"You mean Yes Ma'am."

"Yes ma'am."

"Anne."

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Since you are once again mistreating my patients, you are let go."

"But regulations..."

"I see who I want to see Missy, not you or some rules."

"Yes ma'am."

Then she got up and left.

"Don't worry Carol, I have a replacement ready."

"What about the rules?"

"I also run the physicals for local athletes."

"Oh."

"Come on girls, let's get on with it."

Then Karen led the group into the back as another woman in white approached them.

"Karen, has she finally been let go?"

"Yes Tricia, please go and take over as receptionist."

"Yes ma'am."

Then she quickly stepped through the door leading to the foyer.

"We have cycles set up to test your endurance, do you four want to test at the same time?"

Then the girls huddled together and then broke up.

"Karen we want to test together." said Maddy.

"Then you girls get on the bikes."

[This was great! Now I could see how my friends did upon a bike. I know that with me cycling as much as I do that i should do better than them, but you never can tel what will happen. Helen looks so serious pedaling away. I can see how competitive she is now, she has simply nott thought about how much fun cycling is. I was so much like her until Drew coaxed me into cycling and now I love it. Bernie and Ally are both having fun trying to out pace each other. It will be fun to see who has the best results.]

"Okay girls, time to shower and get the results."

"Who won?"

"Maddy, you know that i can not reveal the findings."

"Oh sugar."

"But since you are on the same team, I guess that I can give you the results when you leave."

Then the girls went to shower and change into a robe. Karen quickly and efficiently completed their physicals and as the girls donned their spare kits that Carol had brought, Karen bbrought out her pad.

"Good news girls, all of you are in perfect health."

"Who won?"

"Maddy, this was not a race, so everybody won."

"I guess that I am a bit too competitive." [giggle]

"Maddy, you have become as bad as Drew."

"GEE! THANKS MUMMY!! JUST WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!" [[giggle]

"What do you girls say to a swim at the pool?"

"You bet!!" they chorused.

Then Carol drove them to the pool where they had their swim cozzies stored in their lockers. The girls and Carol all went into the pool and spent the day there until Carol ushered them back out and ushered them home so that she could have time with Maddy as they prepared the evening meal.

"Maddy?"

"Yes Mummy?"

"I am glad that you are befriending Helen after all this time."

"Don't be." [sniff]

"Why?"

"Because I am turning her into a surrogate Gaby." [sniff]

"Does she know?"

"Yes, she knows and accepts it too." [sniff]

"Do you know why?"

"Not really." [sniff]

"She sees that by being Gaby for you that she can help you. I saw that you and she dressed alike today."

"I picked out our kits."

"Do you intend to trick her in any way like you did Drew?"

"No Mummy, I will be honest with her, I learned my lesson with Drew. Besides, it won't be near as much fun since I doubt that she is a clumsy as Drew." [giggle]

"Drew did have a talent for accidents at that, didn't he?" [giggle]

"Mummy, am I wrong to want Helen to be my Gaby?"

"Not as long as she is willing too." Then my mummy kissed me on the forehead. Then she started upon our dinner. started upon the chicken and rice, I made the salad and desert. I decided that we should have cherry pie since Mummy had one in the freezer.

"Maddy, are you finished with the pie?"

"Yes Mum, I have put it out to thaw."

"Good girl."

Then Daddy came in and gave Mummy a big kiss and me a hug, "How are my girls doing?"

Just fine love, we had fun today."

"Great Daddy."

"That's nice, any problems?"

"Only that Sarah had a barmy receptionist." [giggle]

"Careful there Maddy, Daddy grinned.

"Well love, she's right That receptionist was barmy!"

"Tell me about it over dinner then."

Then we sat down to eat supper. Daddy was his jocular self as he told us of events in his day and when we told him of what we did, he looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes. "Maddy, I am glad that you are now getting along with Helen. I think that she will make a good friend for you."

"Thanks Daddy", I blushed.

"John, Maddy has also asked her to begin cycling with her."

'Oh really? Does she have a proper bike?"

"Daddy, if not, we can help can't we?"

"Why so interested in Helen now?"

"Please Daddy, I want to answer, but I can't!!" Then I ran up to my room.

"Be patient John, our child is growing up all too soon," Carol wept into John's shoulder's as he held her.

From http://maddybell.com/Grottoes5.html

up
34 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos