Avenging Angel Chap. 24

Printer-friendly version

“Wake-up sleepy head.” Patrick waves a cup of fresh coffee near Gypsy’s face.

He had come in and found her sound asleep at her workspace. She had let her hair grow a little longer and it was covering the side of her face. She was resting her head on her folded arms.

Gypsy sits up and looks at Patrick through blurry eyes. She was half asleep as she tries to get her body moving and mind functioning. She reaches out for the coffee Patrick bought for her.

She takes a sip of her coffee and moans as it slides down her throat. It tasted and felt so nice.

“I see, you got the communication problem fixed.” Patrick walks over to the tank that held the Ocean Knight in it.

“Yes, I had to adjust the frequency we were using and tied it into the sonar system. It works ten times better now.” It took her all night to figure the problem out.

It was the last problem they needed to solve. All the other problems were worked out.

“So, we’re good to go for the demonstration tomorrow.” Gypsy stretches as the effects of the coffee kick in.

“All the volunteers we have from Seal Team 4 will be demonstrating our equipment tomorrow. The leader of Seal team 4 will be handling the Ocean Knight.” Gypsy had requested that an actual Seal Team demonstrated their equipment.

“Why don’t you go home and freshen up some. I’ll get everything ready for tomorrow.” Patrick knew Gypsy didn’t function well with very little sleep.

“Thanks, partner.” Gypsy places a kiss on his cheek.

She was happy that Patrick had agreed to be her partner when they decide to start designing body armor and such. They worked great together and knew each other’s strengths and weaknesses. She heads down to her mustang and drives back to her apartment.

Once Gypsy is in her apartment. She strips out of her clothes and heads towards the shower. As she stands under the shower head, letting the water cascade down her body. Her hands come to her birth defect and wonders if she’ll ever have the money, she needs to have the surgery.
Sure, she was getting paid good money for working with the military designing the next generation of weapons, but she really wanted to have her birth defect removed. Gypsy continues with her shower and afterward slip her nightshirt on and crawl underneath the sheet on her bed. It takes a while for her to fall back asleep, but she manages.

1600 Hrs Later:
Gypsy wakes up and heads towards the toilet to relieve her bladder. She hears her cellphone ringing in her bedroom. She finishes up in the bathroom and heads back to her bedroom to see who was calling her.

As she picks the phone up, she notices it was Patrick calling her. She presses the accept button “what’s up, Patrick.”

“Just calling to see if you are awake and if you are ready for tomorrow?” Patrick had everything ready to go.

“I just woke-up and yes I am ready for tomorrow. Is Seal Team 4 ready for tomorrow?” Gypsy was concerned about that.

“They are ready for tomorrow’s demonstration. They were practicing with the equipment all day today, including the pilot for the Ocean Knight.” Patrick watched the Seals and any question they asked him, he could answer.

“Good, how about if we get in early tomorrow and run one more check on the equipment.” Gypsy wanted the test to go well tomorrow.

“Alright, I’ll be here at five in the morning.”

“Sounds good, I’ll bring the coffee and pastries.”

“You know what I like, Gypsy.”

“Bye.” Gypsy press the end button.

0500 Hrs.:
Gypsy walks aboard the training ship they were going to take out and demonstrate how all their equipment worked, including the Ocean Knight. She had a tray of coffee and several pastries in a bag. Patrick appears a few minutes later with his and her tablet in hand.

“Morning.” Patrick grabs a coffee with his name on it from the carrier tray.

“Morning.” Gypsy smiles as Patrick takes his coffee. “Here’s the pastries I got for you.”

“Thanks.” Patrick accepts the bag of pastries Gypsy handed to him.

“You’re welcome. So, is everything ready?” Gypsy takes a sip of her coffee.

“Yep, everything is set and ready.” Patrick was ready.

0700 Hrs.:
The Admiral, the base commander and several other top brass that had been at the first briefing shows up. Once everyone was abroad the ship they were taken out into the Gulf. They were going to see the SEALs and Ocean Knight in action.

“Well ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you are ready to see these wonderful devices in action. The reason we are out here on the USS Wainwright is to demonstrate how effective these devices are. I have requested a squad of Marines to try and stop the Seals armed with our new combat units.”

Admiral Borgnine and his aides walk over to a console Patrick had set up so they could see the information they were receiving from the SEALs as they perform maneuvers to surround and take down the ship they were on. Several SEALs give the packs they were wearing extra power to shoot them out of the ocean or to hover near the ship on a jet of water.

Some of the SEALs land on the boat and take out several Marines with just the weapons they were given. Every weapon they used against the Marines register as a kill. The SEALs that were hovering had landed on the ship and took control. Just as they did that, several alarms go off as a loud ticking sound could be heard.

“What is causing that?” Admiral Borgnine was wondering where the tick-tock sound was coming from.

“That would be the mine attached to the side of the ship.” Gypsy had a smile on her face.

The Ocean Knight shoots up out of the water and over everyone on the deck. It had launched smoke missiles at them. The deck fills up with smoke.

The Ocean Knight goes back into the ocean. As the console on deck locks onto it.

“Hope you guys are enjoying the smoke.” The leader of Seal Team 4 was enjoying the Ocean Knight.

“You are having to much fun.” Gypsy leans forward to speak into the mic.

“Well, this suit is worth the research and time it took you two to build and fixed it.”

Gypsy looks at the Admiral “we fixed the underwater communication problem.”

“I can see that.” There was a big smile on his face.

The rest of the demonstration goes without a hitch. The Seals show the Admiral and others how the suits and water jet packs work.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

love this story

Miyata's picture

Thank you for doing this story. I thoroughly enjoy reading it.

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

Well seals check army

Samantha Heart's picture

Check i think everything they have out there will work outvfor every branch of the military. Airforce my request something that can fly longer, other then that....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.