Travel Through Time and Space Part 22

Printer-friendly version

“I can’t leave you alone for one day, can I?” Janice scans Patricia’s belly with the hand-held alien medical scanner. She already did an ultrasound and printed the picture out of Patricia’s and Antonio’s daughter.

The medical scanner gave her a better readout on the baby. Because Patricia had special abilities and Antonio had dormant ones. The baby stood a chance of having them. The scans confirmed that their baby was going to be born with special abilities. What they would be, she couldn’t tell.

“Well, your baby girl is healthy and will be born with abilities.” Janice turns the scanner off.

“So, I’m having a baby girl?” Patricia had a huge smile on her face. She looks over towards Antonio to see what he thought.

Antonio couldn’t believe he was going to be a father. He looks at the ultrasound picture in his hand.

“Do you know what she will look like?” He was curious.

“According to her genetic makeup, she’ll have light brown hair, hazel eyes, fair skin and will be a few inches taller, then Patricia. As for her facial features, she’ll take after your family mostly, Antonio. She’ll have her mother’s perky nose and cheeks, but the rest is after your family.” Janice liked the medical device.

“You can tell that with that strange looking device?” Antonio was looking at the medical scanner.

“Yep, it gives a complete picture of the baby. She is also the reason Patricia has motion sickness. She doesn’t like high speeds like her mother.” Janice thought it was funny.

“Is there anything you can give me for it?” Patricia was getting tired of throwing up.

“Nope, and how in the hell did you become six months pregnant?” Janice couldn’t believe Patricia went from being five weeks pregnant to being six months along.

“According to this cube, I would assume my great-granddaughter was reasonable for it. She used temporal energies on me.”

“Well, you can’t fly your fighter in the condition you are in. You might adjust to driving and elevators, but if you decide to fly normally, you better take a barf bag with you.” Janice couldn’t give Patricia anything for her motion sickness.

“Great! That means I’m going to have to fly Ghost by remote.” Patricia would rather be inside him.

“Is there anything else she should avoid or do?” Antonio wanted to make sure Patricia and the baby were taken care of.

“Besides prenatal vitamins and lay off certain foods the baby hates? She might want to exercise some as well. She’s put on some weight since her pregnancy has been advanced.” A smile forms on Janice’s face.

“Did the temporal energies do anything weird to the baby?” Patricia wonders how affected the baby would be.

“Nope, all it did was advance the development of her. She’s in perfect health.” Janice updates Patricia’s medical file with the note of the development of the baby being advance by temporal energies.

Patricia gets up off the examination table. She looks at Antonio “would you like to see my fighter, since we are done here?”

“Sure, I would love to see it.” Antonio would like to see this advanced fighter.

“Come with me.” Patricia leads Antonio to the hangar.

As they get closer to the hangar door, they spot two guards on duty. Patricia wonders why there were guards.

“Hey, guys, what’s up?”

“Nothing much Pat, we were sent here to guard your fighter.”

“You didn’t need to. No one can fly that fighter without me or Ghost.” She walks up and enters her code.

The door opens behind the guards. They turn around and look in. They hadn’t seen the fighter before.

“Come on in guys.” Patricia and Antonio walk in behind them.

“There he is. The Ghost Fighter. He’s the most advanced space fighter on this planet. There is nothing any nation has that can take him down
when he is in the air or space.” Patricia just stands and admire her fighter.

Antonio walks forward and runs his hands along the body. He has never seen the design before. Ghost had a light gray color to him with a white Ghost smoking a huge cigar, carrying a machine gun and a belt of bullets going across his chest.

“How fast is he?” Antonio was curious.

“His flight speed is ¼ the speed of light. And his hyperdrive allows me to cover the milky way galaxy. He’s the only fighter in Earth Force of
covering that type of distance. All the other fighters need the main carrier to carry them.”

“How come he is the only fighter capable of those speeds?” Antonio was curious why an advanced race would create only one type of fighter.

“Because, of my training and my unique abilities. The Ghost computer is a true AI computer, capable of thinking and reacting on its own. His memory engrams are based on my brainwave patterns because I accidentally merged with him when I shouldn’t have. That makes him unique.
No other AI computer since Ghost’s construction can do what he does. Now, as to why he is the only fighter capable of those speeds is simple.
He’s a ship killer. He was designed to strike first against our enemy.”

“But how come you were given a fighter like him?” Antonio was still confused.

“Because I was trained since my gift/ability surfaced to be his pilot. Ghost was built before my gift came to full strength. Plus, my unique
physiology is able to withstand forces that most humans and aliens can’t.” Pat was leaning against the fighter.

“What does the inside of your fighter look like?” Antonio wanted to see the inside.

Pat causes the bottom of the cockpit to lower down. She looks at him “go ahead and sit down and lean back.”

Antonio walks over and sits down on the seat and leans back. It starts closing and once it was sealed, Pat causes all the gauges and such to light up.

“Now you see why I’m the only one capable of flying this fighter.” Patricia's face appears on the HUD display.

Antonio looks at all the information he was getting off the gauges. It showed him how many missiles, energy levels, spatial location, GPS location and potential targets around their area and further.

“You can bring up any location on his screen.”

“How are you doing that?” Antonio heard Patricia’s voice coming from the speaker.

“I’ve merged with the fighter so much, it’s part of me.” Patricia had a grin on her face.

Antonio was amazed by the fighter. He feels himself being lowered to the ground.

“Why do you get in and out this way, inside of like a normal fighter?” As he stands up.

“Easier. The other way is harder for me to climb in and out.” Patricia stands up and walks over to him.

Antonio looks at Patricia “at first I thought you were crazy, but after seeing what you can do and this fighter craft. I’m convinced you are crazy.” He had a smile on his face.

‘I am crazy, but I’m crazy in a good way. Let’s go and get some lunch. The mountain has a nice cafeteria.” They head towards the cafeteria to
grab some lunch.

After lunch, Patricia gives Antonio a tour of the mountain complex. She shows him the alien craft they recovered. While she is walking and showing Antonio around, she gets a message from Ghost.

“Pat, I’m picking up a weird signal from space. It’s not on the normal channels, but it is of a carrier wave we have never encountered.”

“See if you can pinpoint it and I’ll send you up to investigate.”

Antonio saw that Patricia was occupied. She had stopped talking to him.

“What’s going on?”

“Oh, sorry. Ghost said he picked up on a weird signal. I’m going to send him up later to investigate since our daughter doesn’t like me flying.” Patricia places her hand on her belly.

They spend the rest of the day touring the place.

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Children

So inconsiderate!... lol taking mom favorite thrill away... lmao... and missing the action too! Loving the story!