Travel Through Time and Space Part 20

Printer-friendly version

Later in the afternoon Janice calls Patricia and confirms what she told her earlier. Her blood test had shown she was indeed going to be a mommy. The sample of sperm Antonio left inside Patricia had proven to be extraordinary as well. His genetics showed that he carried an extra gene that was dormant. It explained why he was able to impregnate her.

Throughout the day Patricia thinks about how to tell Antonio that she was carrying his child. Also, did she want to stay here now, instead of going back? She knew that all that awaited her was more fighting. She would be sent back to the carrier she was assigned too. Sure, they would take her off flight duty till she had the baby, but once she was able to fly again.They would send her out. She wouldn’t have Antonio to help her raise the baby and her parents were dead.

Sam had Patricia working with her in the hangar where the alien ship was. They already had a full working detail of the ship and how it flies, thanks to Patricia’s gift. What they were doing now was back engineering some of the functions to see if they could replicate it and adapt it to some of the aircraft and shuttles, they were building.

Sam notices Patricia was distracted “what’s got you so distracted, today? Are you thinking about your boyfriend and what he is going to do you later tonight?”

Patricia looks at Sam “actually, I’m trying to think about how I am going to explain to Antonio that I’m pregnant.”

“You’re what?” Sam couldn’t believe what she just heard. She looks towards Patricia.

“I’m pregnant. Your sister just confirmed it and I didn’t think it was possible. I have slept with over a hundred guys. Both human and alien and none of them have been able to impregnate me. I come here and the second guy I sleep with knocks me up.” Patricia couldn’t believe it.

“Didn’t you take precautions?”

“I never needed to. According to your sister from my time. It would take an extraordinary guys sperm to fertilize my eggs. I mean they would have to be really special or similar to me. It seems I found someone in this time that is extraordinary, but the gene he carries is dormant in him.” Patricia couldn’t get over the fact that Antonio had that special gene.

“So, the man you are seeing is able to impregnate you, but the special gene he carries is dormant? Can you activate that gene?” Sam wipes the sweat on her forehead.

“No, I don’t have that capability. There are only two people I know who can activate a dormant gene likes Antonio’s and they haven’t been born yet. Just like I haven’t been born yet.” Patricia knew Terry Longwood and Sarah Cotton had the unique ability to activate people who had dormant genes in their DNA.

“Well, what are you going to do? Are you going to go back to your time frame or stay here?” Sam wouldn’t mind playing with Ghost some more.

“I don’t know yet. So far, only you and Janice know I’m pregnant.” Patricia walks over and grabs one of the components that was going on Ghost’s engines.

Her and Sam work putting some of the new components on the engines. They still didn’t have everything they needed to make Ghost travel through time. They stop around three o’clock. There wasn’t much they could do until they got the rest of the parts.

As Sam is cleaning her hands, one of her assistants enters the hangar they are working in and hand her a tablet. She watches as Sam watches whatever on the tablet.

“Thanks, Carol. Tell Murry to go ahead and set up the test between Night Bird and Boeings new six generation Apache helicopter.” Sam already knew Night Bird was going to win the contest.

“Yes, ma’am.” Carol turns and heads back to her desk.

“Is Carol still having problems with her parents, about her marrying another woman?”

“Yes, Carol’s father has cut her out of the will and her mother doesn’t want to have anything to do with her.” Sam knew her assistant was a good person and couldn’t help who she loved.

She met Carol’s wife Tabitha and liked her. She was a hair stylist and made pretty good money. She worked at one of the popular hair salons around. The owner had worked in Hollywood and when she became pregnant. She opened her own hair salon in Emery County, Utah.

“Well, her mother will come around after Carol has her first baby.”

“How is she going to have a baby? Is she going to cheat on Tabitha?” Sam knew she shouldn’t ask.

“Tabitha’s older brother is going to donate his sperm for them to have a baby.” Patricia always thought that was nice of him.

“You really need to stop telling us about the future.” Sam put her tools away.

“I know and as far I can tell, nothing has changed the future yet. Even with me getting pregnant, I thought that might change things.”

“Maybe, that only changes your history some. You know, it sort of changes things for Doc Brown when he married a woman from the past and had two children with her. That could have changed something for him.” Sam liked the Back to The Future movies.

“Maybe. I’m going to go ahead and head home. I might take tomorrow off.”

“No problem. I have a conference I have to attend in Philly, so I won’t be here. If you need to take one of the Vector’s out. I armed Vector 2 with
six missiles. They aren’t as powerful as the missiles on Ghost, but they will get the job done.” Sam figured it would be best to keep one of the Vector’s armed, so Ghost didn’t lose any more of his missiles till they could replace them.

“Thanks.” Patricia heads towards her Ferrari and heads towards Antonio’s house.

She checks the time and figures he should be getting home in an hour or so. She stops at The Fresh Market and picks up some groceries to make dinner tonight. She also picks up a bottle of wine to go with dinner. It wouldn’t do anything to her or the baby yet.

When Patricia arrives home, she changes out of the clothes she wore to work. She slips on a simple strappy causal mini dress. She didn’t bother changing her panties. While she is preparing the steaks to throw on the outside grill. She mentally turns on the television and selects a movie from the current movies showing.

Antonio had managed to get off early and stopped at the grocery store on the way home. He wanted to do something special for Patricia tonight. He heads inside the store and does some shopping. He knew her favorite stew, was Irish stew and she loved homemade Lasagne. He found that out when they went over to his friends Anthony and Wilma’s house for dinner.

There was a lot he didn’t know about Patricia. He ran her name through the criminal database and even had her DNA tested. According to the company that tested her DNA. There was something unusual about it. She had an extra gene. They didn’t know what to make of it. There was a lot about her DNA they couldn’t figure out.

He knew she flew fighter jets and was extremely flexible and agile. He also knew she could stay awake all night without ever feeling tired and have a lot of energy. He heads towards the cashier and pays for his purchases.

Once he pays for his items. He heads home. As he approached his place, he spots Patricia’s Ferrari in the driveway. He couldn’t believe she went out and bought it. He knew she was crazy about speed and had a lead foot. He couldn’t believe she spent the money to buy it. He didn’t know she had the money to buy it.

He pulls up beside the Ferrari and wonders why she was home early. As he walks into the house, he could hear her listening to a movie. The volume was turned up loud. He peeks in the kitchen and notices her pounding the daylights out of some steaks and rubbing some spices into them.

He notices she had changed her clothes and was wearing a mini-dress. He just stands and watches Patricia as she seasoned the steaks. He loved how domesticated she looked. It was like she belonged in the kitchen.

He walks over and places a kiss on her cheek and the groceries on the counter. He steps up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist.

“How was your day and what did the doctor say?” As he nibbles on her neck.

Patricia mentally turns the television off. She takes a deep breath, as she stops seasoning the steaks and vegetables. “She said I have a bun
in the oven.”

Patricia turns around in Antonio’s arms to look into his gray eyes. Antonio looks into Patricia’s baby blue eyes and could see she was telling the truth.

“I thought you said that you could only become pregnant from a really gifted person.” Antonio had inquired why Patricia didn’t use precautions when they made love.

“I did and it seems, I found that very special person.” As she leans in and kisses him.

He returns the kiss and holds her close to his body. His hand slides down to her ass and squeeze it. He breaks the kiss “how far along are you?”

“According to my doctor, I’m about four to five weeks along. I figure the first time me and you made love, is when you got me pregnant.” Patricia just kept her eyes on him.

A smile appears on his face “well, you were a wildcat in bed and I did give you what you asked me to do. Do you regret having sex that night?” He watches her eyes. They were so pretty.

“I don’t regret anything. There’s more that I need to tell you about myself.”

“Let me guess, you’re married?” Antonio wonders what Patricia had to tell him.

“Actually, I’m not married. I’m from the future and possess special gifts.”

Antonio had kept his gaze on Patricia “what do you mean you're from the future and you possess special abilities?”

“Just what I said. I have special abilities and I’m from the future. “

“Can you prove it?” Antonio didn’t know if Patricia was nuts or not.

Patricia turns the television back on and transmitted a memory from her past up on the screen. It was from her first day of entering Earth Force.

“That is my memory I am showing you.”

Antonio looks at the memory playing on his television set in the living room. He watches as he sees Patricia board a wicked looking fighter and head into space along with several other fighters. They head towards a boxy looking ship, that looked like something from Babylon 5 Earth Force. He watches as what he thinks is a carrier jumps into Hyperspace and reappears in another star system. The screen goes blank.

Antonio turns around and looks into Patricia’s eyes “how did you do that?”

“I can control anything that has a microchip or is electronic. Normally, I have to be near an object or touching it, but I was implanted with a biochip that allows me to extend the range of my ability. It also acts as a transmitter and receiver and I can use it on any frequency, including sub-space.” Patricia grabs Antonio’s hand and lets him feel where the implant was.

“How did you arrive here?”

“I came through a tear in the fabric of space and time. That’s all I can tell you right now. As for the other matter, how do you feel about being a father?” Patricia was nervous and wonders how he will feel.

“To be honest with you, I’m happy as a clam. How about after dinner, we go and celebrate? As he kisses her and let his hands roam around on her ass.

After ten minutes of kissing, they separate and Patricia goes back to prepping dinner. The steaks were seasoned the way she knew Antonio liked them.

“You said you can control anything as long as you can contact it?”

“Yep, anything that has a microchip or is electronics. If it’s organic, it is a little bit more difficult for me. Why do you ask?” Patricia glances towards him.

“Can you bring up the football game going on in Minnesota?”

“Yep.” Patricia finds the signal and links it to the cable box in the living room.

Antonio smiles and places a kiss on Patricia’s cheek. He had money on the game and wanted to make sure he saw the results.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Dunno

I can't help but feel that Pat being pregnant is a mistake. IMHO Pat needs to return to her own time husbandless and childless. Of course, being a lesbian heterosexual love and marriage makes my blood cold. Het relationships are fine, but not for me. Whatever floats your boat! Looking forward to the matchup between the Apache and Night Bird! I figure Boeing will be kicking themselves in the ass for selling that project off.

About those steps for Night Bird, easy-peasy! Either push-in or flip-down steps, fairly common on some U.S. fighters. A panel that fits flush with the skin that can either be pushed in with a foot or can be flipped down to serve as a step. I think the first method is best as it can be all mechanical and springloaded. All they need to do is add some structural support to carry the weight of the interior step. Obviously the skin can't support the weight.

Now, thinking about Chekhov's gun, Sam telling Pat that she armed a Vector for her says she will be "dogfighting"* with somebody or something pretty soon. Goody, goody! Action, Adventure, FUN!

* I use the term "dogfighting" in its loosest meaning. Missiles are stand-off weapon. If you are really dogfighting the weapon of choice is guns or cannon. For instance, the F-4 was designed to fight from a distance and so wasn't equipped with guns. But those nasty N.V. Migs insisted on dogfighting so in the end a gunpod was designed for the F-4. Rearming was as simple as dropping off the empty pod and swapping it for a fully-armed pod (if you had one).


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin