Stuck in a Rut - Part 32

Printer-friendly version

Stuck in a Rut.
By Rosalie Redd

Casey Church is a normal 13 year old girl, But in a world where there hasn’t been a girl born in over 100 years, Casey adjusts to her new life as a girl. Can Casey cope with everything that comes with being a girl, or will others conspire to ruin her life?

Chapter 32

Our first stop was Macy’s, where Janie and Luna disappeared into the racks. I started to poke around, but Mom shook her head and motioned for me to come with her. We left the store and I found myself in all too familiar territory. Victoria’s secret. I had told Mom that I was done with my more drastic physical changes, I guess this was the result. I didn’t have any real objections, as the boxers were now too tight, what with my hips being a lot wider, and… my huge ass. >_<

She decided that Luna and Janie could be left alone, I guess. I needed mother/daughter time. I was escorted into a world of panties. Boy-shorts, bikini cut, french cut, th...th… thongs. Mom made sure t9 indoctrinate me in them all, showing me all styles and varieties. As a boy, I had it so simple. Boxers or briefs, thighty-whiteys, boxer-brief combo. It all seemed so simple. This girl thing is difficult. We emerged much later, with a big bag of undies, and Mom not so subtly informed me it wasn’t done. I was sure a trip to Target would come for every-day regulars. Erk.

It was time to catch up to the others. I dug my phone out and texted Janie, checking if they were still at Macy’s.

I got a reply a few seconds later confirming.

Mom and I caught up to them, they were waiting on us, apparently. Luna had a garment bag slung over her arm, apparently she had found her dress. Janie was still looking around, hesitant. I looked over at Mom.

“Mom, can you maybe take Luna down to look at shoes? I think Janie needs to talk to me. “, I whispered discreetly.

Mom nodded, and put her hand on Luna’s shoulder. They headed off for the shoe department.

“Something wrong?”, I asked as gently as I could.

Janie buried her face in my chest and sobbed. Not an easy thing for her to do, as she had a couple inches on me now.

“I… I can’t. The attendant, she. My scars. I can’t do this.”, she sniffled, with her head still buried in my lack of cleavage.

I patted her head and looked around. The coast was clear, so I put my finger under her chin, lifting her head. Then I gave her a deep, loving, caring kiss.

“I’m here to help you. And I don’t care what anyone else says. DeShaun doesn’t care. Luna doesn’t care. Nobody that knows you cares.”, I said affectionately.

Janie nodded emphatically, and we went back to searching. It took 45 minutes, but we both found the perfect dresses. Now it was time to rendezvous with Mom and Luna. We found them a little while later down in the show department. Luna was trying on a pair of black shoes with a very high heel. I looked at them uncertainly. If I had those monsters on, I’d break my neck. Luna though was walking on them like a pro.

She noticed our stares, and laughed before speaking. “Welcome back you two. I can read your faces, by the way. I’ve had plenty of practice with heels. I used to try on Mom’s before I changed, and I got used to them. You two might need lessons though. We can crash course tonight. Erm… sorry, ‘crash’ might be a bad word.”

She laughed and walked around on the ridiculous heels. They were easily 4” tall. Janie and I looked at each other, and our heads drooped in shame. I looked called Mom over and showed her the dress, and asked her help to find something that would look good with it, and not kill me. Janie sighed and did the same.

After a bit of showing off, Luna came back, took the shoes she had decided on, and put them back in their box. She went over and put her arm around Janie’s back, and lead her off to look for something.
We idled around in the shoe department for a good while, until miracle of miracles, we all found something we were satisfied with.

“I’m glad that’s done”, I said in exhaustion, after we had finished with the footwear.

Luna cocked her head, and asked. “What do you mean?”

I looked at her and held up my bags. “We have our dresses and shoes.”

Janie looked over at me and sighed. “Yes, but there’s more to go. We need handbags, and don’t forget the stockings.”

“Stockings?”, I asked, confused.

Mom giggled. “Nylons, silly”

I was still lost. Luna was the one that cleared it up for me. “Pantyhose, doofus.”, she said, sticking her tongue out at me.

I sighed as we walked down to the accessories department. Mom had seen our shoes and dresses, and knew exactly what it was we needed. She flew around the accessories department, scooping up packs of hosiery, and clutches and bags. She looked at me thoughtfully, then wandered over and grabbed a purse.

I was at a total loss, and despite her knowing more than I did, I could tell that Janie was too. We let Luna and Mom take the lead. Soon, we had what we needed from that department. I looked around, thinking we were done, but then Luna said something that made my fragile dying male ego shatter like glass.

“Time to go check the perfume counter, I think!”, she said with giddy glee.

I looked at Janie, and she looked at me. How much more would there be? I thought I had accepted my fate, but now I felt something rumbling in the back of my head that wanted to kick DeShaun in the nuts when we got home. Okay, okay. I know that I should stop blaming him, but jeez.

Janie and I were dragged kicking and screaming to the make-up counter. “But I already have make-up” and “I don’t really need perfume, do I?” were but two of our sad cries.

It turned out though that it wasn’t as bad as all that. The woman at the counter was a pro. She quickly looked us over, and sat us down, and gave the three of us a make-over, recommending mascara, lip-gloss, blush that suited us, and fit with the outfits. Janie and I did manage to get our share of revenge on the kitten too, as the woman at the counter chastised her for all the black and dark purple make-up she had on. After an amusing show, where Kitten was cleaned of her goth trappings, Janie and I “oohed and ahhed” as the Maestro performed her work, making our kitten of darkness look beautiful. After the session, we all were loaded up with make-up. Janie and I had even found some perfume that wasn’t too strong, and suited us.

I looked at Mom. “I know we have more to do, I’m sure… but I’m starving, and I’m guessing the others are as well.”, I stated, exhausted. Janie and Luna nodde3d in agreement, and Mom took us over to an Asian restaurant we had seen there.

We sat and looked at the menu in wonder. There were so many Thai dishes that looked awesome, but the big thing that I noticed was a “make your own stir-fry” bar. I looked over at Janie, and she nodded. Luna was still looking over the menu.

The waiter came over and Janie and I opted for the stir-fry bar with chicken, while Luna ordered the beef. Mom ordered pork. We all had hibiscus lemonade, and our bowls were brought over. The four of us went over and selected our vegetables from the bar, and turned in the bowls to the cooks.

We went and sat back down as we waited. When the waiter came back, our chosen vegetables had been expertly cooked and mixed in with plenty of pieces of meat. As we ate, we all talked about the shopping. Janie and I were so tired, but Mom and Luna looked like it was the best thing in the world.

After we were done, we all piled in the car, our packages in the trunk. We headed home, but Janie and I were exhausted and nodded off in the car.

I felt a nudge, and realized the car had stopped. We were home. I went around to the back of the Cayenne and got all my bags out. We headed upstairs and I hung my dress up carefully, making sure that the garment bag was not crushed or wrinkled.

I sat down on the bed, and I guess I was crying, because I felt Janie and Luna wrap their arms around me. We laid there for a while.

“I’m sorry guys. I know this was supposed to be a good day, but I feel so overwhelmed.”, I sobbed.

Luna came over and carefully dabbed away the tears. “It’s all right, it takes a while to get used to this, and even after years, I doubt we’ll still get blindsided by life now and again. Now don’t ruin your make-up, we need to put everything on and give them a fashion show!”, she said cheerfully.

Janie blushed. “Erm, I need to go shave my legs if I’m going to be putting on hose.”, she said embarrassed. She dug in her backpack and got out her travel kit, and headed off to the bathroom.

I sat and hugged Luna. “You know, you are even cuter when you don’t have all the heavy ‘Dark Kitten, bringer of gothic death and doom’ make-up on.”, I said to her.

She stuck her tongue out at me, then grabbed my pillow and clobbered me over the head with it.

After Janie returned, I went and shaved, myself.

I came back in, and Janie was wearing a very sexy pair of black lacy panties, and a strapless black push-up bra. She was slipping on a pair of nylons, and I watched her, observing how to do it.

I had changed into a pair of bikini-cut panties, myself. It was so strange feeling them on my body, so soft and different than male underwear. They were smooth and silky, and felt good against me. I opened up my own pair of hose, and were carefully guiding them over my legs. They felt smooth and gentle against my body. I had worn leggings, but this was a new feeling altogether.

I stood up and turned away from Luna and Janie as I got my dress out. I looked at it. Granted I had worn skirts and dresses before, but this seemed to feel like some sort of threshold, that passing over assured my formal coming out as a girl.

I unzipped the garment bag and took out my dress. It was a violet dress with spaghetti straps. It clung to my body, accentuating my narrow waist, generous hips and butt. At the same time, built-in padding gave me the illusion of a slight bust. The dress flowed down from the hips to just above the knee. I slipped on a pair of black strapped shoes with a slight heel. Going into my jewelry box, I got out a pair of silver teardrop earrings with tourmaline set in them. A matching silver necklace with one stone dangling from it was put on as well. Tourmaline was my birthstone, as my birthday was... omg my birthday! How could I forget? It was coming up, and soon!

I carefully sat down, making sure to carefully tuck the dress under me. Janie and Luna looked at me as I sat there hyperventilating.

“Casey? Is something wrong?”, they both asked concerned. When I finally got my breathing under control, I answered. “I… I forgot my birthday.. My family will be coming, and this will be the… f...first time they see me. Some of them don’t know… I’m doomed.”

up
135 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"I’m doomed.”

giggles. maybe not ...

DogSig.png

They don't know!?

Somehow I doubt that.

One thing about this society, Transitioning is something normal,even expected.

Well, they may, they may not.

Keep in mind that the rut can hit as late as 16, There may be aunts and uncles and other relations that Casey doesn't know if they know what happened. It's also not assumed that She'd become a girl. She could have remained a boy, for all they know. I'm sure that Mom and Dad told other family members, but did they tell Casey that they informed them? Maybe not.

Good for Janie

Jamie Lee's picture

It's good Casey was able to calm Janie enough so she could choose a dress for homecoming. And good she dug down and found the courage to do so.

Why would Casey feel doomed when family comes for her birthday? That society knows how girls are created, and that each boy has a 50/50 chance of being turned into a girl.

The family can't be upset that Casey was turned into a girl, because the women in that, and every family, were turned into girls. And if they do get upset then they'd be the kettle calling the pot black.

Others have feelings too.

Yeah

erin's picture

That could be annoying, too. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.