Travel Through Time and Space Part 18

Printer-friendly version

Patricia stops at the convenience store near the mountain complex and grab a pint of Southern Pecan ice cream. She has been craving it all morning. She couldn’t believe how much she has been wanting it. She also grabs two chili dogs with the works as well. Once she pays for
them, she devours them like they were going out of style.

She gets into her car and head to the mountain complex while eating the ice cream. It tasted so good as it went down her throat. She couldn’t believe how much she was enjoying it. She parks her car next to Alice’s car. Patricia wonders what Alice was doing at the mountain complex.
She was normally, in California unless something unusual was going on.

As Patricia is walking in through the security entrance “Pat, you’re wanted in command.”

Roger noticed Patricia was eating ice cream. He wonders why she was eating ice cream this early in the morning.

“That’s an unusual breakfast.”

“I know, but all I could think about and wanted was Southern Pecan ice cream and chili dogs this morning.” Patricia finishes the ice cream up as she takes the elevator up to command.

She walks down a long corridor towards the command center. As she enters, it was busy. She spots an image on the big screen in command. Ghost was floating next to Janet.

“What’s up?” As she tosses the empty ice cream container in the trash.

“What do you make of this?” Janet switches views from one satellite to another for a better view.

Patricia spots a missile from North Korea being prepared for launching. She tries to recall what the missile was.

“North Korea is testing one of its ballistic missiles, it’s not a threat.” Pat knew they lacked the proper technology to be a threat.

“Pat, that’s not a normal energy signature.” Ghost was analyzing the energy emissions from the missiles and it wasn’t human technology.

“What do you mean?” Patricia wanted another southern pecan ice cream.

“The energy emissions coming off that missile is wrong. It isn’t Earth made.” Ghost searches through his database and finds that the energy emission matches a crulxox crystal.

“That energy signature matches a Crulxox crystal.”

“What’s a Crulxox crystal?” Everyone looks towards Patricia.

“It’s a crystal with the destructive force of all the nukes on this planet. You could split the planet with that crystal. How in the hell did they get one?” Patricia almost went pale from the thought of what it could do.

“Can you stop it, from launching?” Janet looks towards Patricia.

“If I had Ghost, yes. I have a powerful EMP missile that can neutralize the crystal, but his engines are out of him.” Patricia hated this. There wasn’t much she could do.

“How about the Vectors? Are they fast enough and are they capable of carrying the missile?” Sam figures if Ghost was based on the Vectors, why couldn’t they be used. They were the fastest they had available.

“We could do that. The missile would fit in Vector’s missiles bay and I could adjust the computer systems.”

“Then go and do what you need to.” Janet figure it might be close.

Patricia grabs her flight suit and slips it on, while the ground crew take a missile out of Ghost’s missile bay and transport it to Vector 3. Ghost was programming the missile and the coordinates into the flight and navigation computers. Sam was amazed at what Ghost could do.

Patricia comes running into the hangar fully dress carrying her helmet. Her breast felt a little tender when she changed her clothes and switched to her flight suit.

“You’re all fuel and ready to go. We’ll arrange for you to tank up with a tanker or aircraft carrier.” Sam knew if Pat was going to get there in time, she was going to have to go full burn.

“Okay.” Pat hops into the Fighter and rolls down the tarmac.

“Vector 3 to AFI tower. Requesting permission to take off.”

“Permission granted, Vector 3, Good hunting.”

“Thanks.” Patricia goes full burn down the runway. She lifts into the air like a bullet out of a gun.

The G-forces didn’t bother her as she flies towards North Korea. Her ability merges with the aircraft as she flies. The craft was her body as she adjusts the controls and computer systems. She could feel the missile as if it was part of her.

It doesn’t take her long to enter North Korean airspace. She had already hacked into their systems and turned them off. It was easy to do since their systems were simple. Patricia flies in close and arms the missile.

“Missile away” Patricia goes full burn to get out of range of the effects of the missile. Ghost is shielded against the effect, but Vector 3 wasn’t.
She got out of range just in time as the satellite link-up shows her what happens next. She watches the missile striking and knocking the missile and everything out within a 100 meters radius out. That missile was designed to take capital ships out.

Patricia relaxes as she checks her fuel. She was dangerously low on fuel, even with the modifications she made with her ability, she burned too much fuel. If she doesn’t get fuel in the next few minutes, she was going to crash into the ocean.

“Vector 3 to AFI headquarters, I’m flying on fumes right now. Have you found me a gas station, yet?”

“Vector 3, do you have enough fuel left to make it to Kadena Air Base?” Tony was tracking Vector’s 3 location.

Patricia looks at the gauges and figures she has just enough to make it. She figures she’ll have to glide the last part.

“I’ll be able to make it.” Patricia couldn’t believe she was craving ice cream and Irish beef stew right now.

Patricia changes course and builds up speed and altitude so, she could glide in if need be. Her fuel runs out three-quarters of the way to the airbase.

“Well, there goes the engines.” Patricia hopes she makes it.

“Kadena Air control tower to Vector 3. Adjust your flight path to 30 degrees, east. You’ll be coming in on runway 5.”

“Roger Kadena Control tower.” Patricia adjusts her glide path.

As she gets closer and lower, she extends her landing gear and touches down on the runway. Her tanks were bone dry, as she slowly reduces her momentum. The aircraft comes to a complete stop. She accesses one of the guy's headsets “hey, can one of you guys grab me a soda please, thanks?”

One of the guys go and bring her soda, while she is pulled to a safe zone. She figures they were going to have questions for her. She climbs down while they refuel Vector.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cravings

WillowD's picture

Hungry now.

Conventional fuel?

Why is is this crafdt using hydrocarbon fuel seem unlikelt?

Ghost and Vector

are powered by two different fuels. Ghost is powered by a crystal that powers his reactor that provides plasma for his engines. Vector is three generations behind the engines Ghost uses. Same basic engine design, different fuel requirements. Vector needs fuel like any aircraft does, but Ghost doesn't because he is a more advance fighter that is capable of interstellar space flight.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Toys without instructions

Jamie Lee's picture

Playing with alien toys without having the instructions, can accomplish the intended goals, but may spoil the worlds' day. That missile had to be destroyed and the crystal neutralized to keep the planet safe.

Others have feelings too.