Woodcrest #4: Teaming Up Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

The walk back from the GAT house was nothing short of painful even if it wasn’t that far. Honestly it was like three blocks from the GAT house to the dorm, so I don’t know what I was complaining about. I walked to the elevator, remembered that it was broken and began my long trudge up the stairs. Finally clearing the 4th floor landing, I reached into my pocket to retrieve my dorm key and walked down the exposed balcony deep in thought.

What was I supposed to do exactly? GAT wanted to out me, the way they’d done to Tri Pi but this was different. This was to someone that could make an actual report and if this screwed up there was a chance it could make it into the news. Would they use my real name? Probably not, but how easy would it to be to hide from Mason? A story about a trans girl tied up in the GAT house? He would put two and two together like a child with a foam puzzle. Like…ugh, this was maddening. If I lost Mason what would I do? Who else would find out? What if my parents figured it out? I could never go home again. All these thoughts and more stampeded through my conscious mind as I shoved the key into the door and pushed it open, embracing the darkness beyond the frame. Thank god, I was home, no one could bother me here.

I slammed the door shut and made my way toward the bed, kicking one of Mason’s empty energy drinks out of the way as I prepared to slam my body against the mattress. Just as the thought finished racing through my mind, I heard the familiar click of my desk lamp switching on. Mason wasn’t here, what the fuck? The room was flooded with a dim light, meant only to cover the desk for studying, or gaming, of course. I jerked my head toward the direction of my desk, ready to break someone’s neck if I could figure out where my own backbone was. Instead of lurching forward, I literally just gasped. Sitting in my office chair with a smirk on her face was my sister, Leina.

“Well hello there,” She said rather coyly, brushing her long black hair away from her face and over her shoulder. “You mind telling me why you haven’t talked to me since you made it to campus? You know I’m only a few miles away, and I’m SURE you didn’t forget my phone number.”

“Well um,” I stammered. “I’ve…I’ve been busy…with um…class and…”

“Yeah, I bet,” She laughed, standing from the desk and walking toward me slowly until she stood maybe ten inches from my face. “Well, when you basically ghosted me, I did some poking around. I figured out you were in that play, Les Miserables, awesome by the way, I was in the drama club last year. Anyway, I talked to some of the members, maybe punched a few out, you know, things happen. Long story short, I got the WHOLE story, only had to threaten about five people. In ANY case, it seems you’ve gotten yourself into some shit, little brother. Or should I say…little sister?”

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

woops, well on the plus side

woops, well on the plus side Audrey doesn't have to worry about being outed any more.

Well.

Samantha Heart's picture

Cats out now thanks to big sis doing some investigating on her own.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Just when I think the story is going to Zig

it Zags. Panhellenic, the uncertainty of self, GAT, Tri Pi, Tiffany, Aleah, Mason, and now Leina are all loose ends (cannons?) of Audrey's turmoil. Scorecards, get your scorecards!

Why the need to always belong?

Jamie Lee's picture

Why does Todd think it will be the end of the world if he loses Mason as a friend? Is he that insecure he can't be alone with himself?

If what his sister said is true, complaints could be lodged against her with the police. If she wanted answers Todd was the person she needed to speak with. Not his so called friends.

And how did she get into his dorm room? Sister or not, security needs called to arrest her for trespassing.

Others have feelings too.