Back to School Chp. 10

Printer-friendly version

Nora was in the kitchen prepping what she was going to cook for dinner. Melody, Ginger, and Carol were sitting at the dining room table working on homework. Kelly was doing hers and Nora’s laundry.

Everyone hears the doorbell ring. Whoever was at the door rings the doorbell again.

“I got it.” Kelly gets up and walks towards the front door.

Sasha couldn’t believe Hex had rung the doorbell a second time. She just looks at Hex “you do know, she probably heard it the first time, you pressed it.”

“Maybe. I always found it better to ring it twice.” Hex looks at Sasha.

Sasha just shakes her head. She should be used to dealing with teenagers by now. Her daughter Rose was around Hex’s age.

Kelly opens the front door and spots a woman with red hair dress in a nice old-style stage magician outfit. Standing next to her was a young man with dark hair. He looked to be in his teens.

“Can I help you?” Kelly was wondering who they were.

“Hi, my name is Sasha Wolfhart, and this is Hex. We’re here to talk with Nora Midnight if she is available.” Sasha had a pleasant smile on her face.

“Can you wait a minute, please?” Kelly wanted to get Nora.

“Sure.” Sasha liked the neighborhood they were in.

Sasha saw that Nora’s house was one of the restored homes in the area. She knew the area they were in was part of Memphis past. Which meant most of the homes in the area were as well.

Kelly shuts the door and heads towards the kitchen to get Nora. She walks into the kitchen and looks towards Nora.

“There’s a Sasha Wolfhart and a young man named Hex at the front door asking for you, Nora.”

“Did she say what she wanted?” Nora wipes her hands as she looks at her wife.

“Nope, except to talk to you.” Kelly comes over to see what Nora was working on.

Nora was curious who they were. She didn’t know a Sasha Wolfhart. She walks towards the front door and opens it.

“Hi, I’m Nora Midnight, why don’t you come in, please.” Nora steps aside to let Sasha and Hex inside the house.

Sasha was surprised to see that the picture of Nora, matched the woman. She lets Hex walk in first, as she follows behind him.

Nora closes the front door and could tell that there was something familiar about Sasha Wolfhart. Like she had seen her before. Then it dawns on her, the redhead from the funeral.

Sasha spotted three teenage girls sitting at a nice dining room table working on homework. She noticed one of the girls was the one she saw in the car that night. She turns her attention back to Nora.

Hex stood close to Sasha after they walked in. She noticed three teenage girls doing homework. She didn’t recognize any of them. She wonders where the woman who answered the door went.

Nora looks at Sasha “how can I help, Mrs. Wolfhart?”

“It’s more of how I can help you, Mrs. Midnight. A couple of nights ago, a DEA agent and his wife were murdered in their home by a psycho assassin I have been chasing after. I didn’t know that he had been hired to go after them. Then the other day, I went to the funeral for that same DEA agent and chased after his killer.”

Carol heard Sasha talking to Nora and walks over towards her “did you know my parents?”

Hex had seen the young girl get up and walk over towards them. He was waiting for the right time to speak. She had a few things to add.

Sasha looks at the young girl “no I didn’t. I was chasing after the man that killed them. He’s wanted for several other murders.”

Tears started leaking from Carol’s eyes. Nora wraps her arms around her and looks at Sasha.

“Why don’t we talk more about this matter, in my office?” Nora was looking at Ginger and Melody as well.

“That might be best.” Sasha saw that the girls had stopped working on whatever they were doing and listening.

“Melody, can you come over here and help Carol please?” Nora knew Carol was just coming to terms about what happened to her parents.

Melody comes over and takes Carol to her and Ginger’s bedroom. Melody was concerned about her friend.

“If you’ll follow me, please.” Nora takes Sasha and Hex into her home office, so they can speak in private.

They head into Nora’s home office and close the door behind them. Ginger looks at her mother “do you think mom and that other woman, and her son will be able to capture the guy who killed carol’s parents?”

“Knowing your mother, as I do. She’ll never give up till he is brought to justice.” Kelly knew Nora would want to bring the guy who killed Carol’s
parents in.

Nora sat down behind her desk, while Sasha and Hex took the seats in front of her desk. Nora looks at the red hair woman “were you the one that was chasing someone in the cemetery?”

“Yes, I figured he might try again, so I attended the funeral procession. I also left him some nasty gifts. I tagged him with a permeant dye, that takes special chemicals to remove. Even if he removes it. His skin where it hit will look paler than the rest of his body.” A pleasant smile appears on her face.

“Do we know how to find Mr. McKinley?” Nora looks at Sasha and the young boy.

“I can track him, and I know who he is working for as well,” Hex spoke up.

“How can you do that?” Nora was curious.

“Let’s just say my male companion is resourceful.” Sasha looks at Hex.

“Oh?” Nora looks at Hex as well.

“Go on and tell her, what you told me.” Sasha wanted Nora to hear what Hex told her.

Hex looks towards Nora and tells her everything that happened. He watches Nora’s reaction. He couldn’t gauge her reactions, till he got to the end.

“You know, you have become a target? The gang leader isn’t going to stop looking for you.” Nora couldn’t believe what the teenage boy did.

“How are they going to know? No one saw me enter or saw me leave.” Hex looked at both people.

“Still, if McKinley finds out what you are doing. He may come after you as well.” Sasha was concerned about Hex.

“He’ll have to find me first. I have other hiding places if I need to hide.” Hex wasn’t scared. The worst McKinley could do to her, is kill her.

There’s a knock on the office door and Kelly’s pop’s her head in. She looks towards Nora “should I set two extra plates?”

Nora looks at Hex and Sasha “will you join me and my family for dinner?”

“We would love too.” Sasha smiles at Nora.

Nora looks back towards Kelly “yes.”

“Okay, as Kelly smiles.’ She leaves the office.

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Things are

Samantha Heart's picture

Getting complicated fast, but hopefully will wind up a HUGE success for everyone.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

After the storm

comes the calm.