Back to School Chp. 9

Printer-friendly version

Ginger heard back from William. He was doing better. She, on the other hand, was still recovering. Her doctor said she couldn’t do anything strenuous or lift anything heavy. Her doctor wrote her a note excusing her from gym class.

She had gone to school with Carol and Melody. Nora had driven all three girls to school. Ginger had noticed that her mother was more cautious and alert. When they got to school, her mother informed them that they should be inside. It made whoever was after Carol difficult to kill her. She also instructed Carol to stay away from any windows.

Nora had gone to the head of security at school and warned them about someone after Carol. She couldn’t identify who it was, but so far, he had tried to kill her twice. Security Chief Tony Hopkins knew to listen to Nora. She was the reason the school had increased security around the school and the fact she helped them with problems.

Security Chief Tony promises he would keep an eye on Carol. He passes the word to his other security personnel to keep an eye out and on Carol. He made rounds during the day himself, in order to protect Carol. They also had a few more instances during the day of students using drugs.

Two more upperclassmen had taken the drug while in school. The ambulance had to come to school. They were still trying to find out where the students were getting the drugs.

Wolfchase Galleria:
Hex had gone up to the Galleria to visit a shop she sometimes buys her radio gear from. She needed a piece of equipment she didn’t have, but the shop did. After buying the item she needed for her set up. She decided to have lunch at the Galleria. As she is sitting in the food court watching the people in the mall.

She spots a red hair woman putting on a magic show for the people. She finishes her lunch and walks over to watch her. She had three tiny fiery balls she was juggling in her bare hands. Hex saw the fiery balls land on the woman’s hand before she twirled them around. She couldn’t figure out how the woman was doing it.

When the red hair woman tosses the fiery balls up into the air, they change forms into little birds and circle around the crowd. Once they get back to the woman, they explode into sparks. She loved what happened and clapped with the others.

“Thank you, Thank you.” Sasha bows to everyone.

She had come to the mall to arrange a performance with mall management. Her reputation was enough that it would bring a crowd to the mall. She was still planning on going to see Mrs. Midnight, but right now she had time to kill before she did.

Hex stays behind after the crowd dispersed “you’re amazing, Mrs. Wildfire.”

Hex had looked her up on the internet. There were all sorts of videos of her performing illusions and escaping from impossible confinement. Rocking in a band, with tricks going on during their performance. There were pictures of her fighting people as well that had been caught on video.

“Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Sasha looks at the young man standing near her.

“Are you performing in the area, Mrs. Wildfire?” Hex wouldn’t mind going to one of her performances to see what else she could do.

“Yes, I am. I’m putting on a performance in a few days in downtown Memphis. One of the venues I’m playing at is called Live at the Garden. I’ll be performing there for a few days.” Sasha was arranging to stay in Memphis for as long as it would take to capture Andrew McKinley.

While Hex and Sasha are talking. A group of young gang members come into the Galleria and start harassing the patrons. Six of them approach Hex and Sasha.

One steps up to Hex “give me your money white boy, before me and my friends have fun with you and your mother.”

Sasha raises an eyebrow. These punks thought the boy talking to her was her son.

“Why don’t you boys go home, before you get hurt.” Sasha’s voice had taken on a dangerous tone.

"Qué vas a hacer, perra?" He looks directly into her eyes when he says that.

A smile forms on Sasha’s face “this!”

Sasha strikes quickly, hitting a nerve cluster in his right shoulder. She strikes twice more hitting his other shoulder and his left thigh.

“Timber!” The guy falls to the floor, unable to move.

The other guys that had come over, try to grab Hex, but she smacks his hands away. She knew a few moves, as she punches the guy in the throat as hard as she could. Another guy tries to grab her, but he ends up with her kneeing him in the groin. She took a self defense course the local YMCA had offered. Shawn and Harry had suggested that she learned how to protect herself.

Sasha ends up putting the others down quickly. She doesn’t draw her gun or anything. She just uses the martial art training she was taught by her mother and father. When she kneels to check on them. She spots several packets of drugs that had fallen out of their pockets.

She picks a few up and slips them into her pocket quickly. She’ll have to send them to a lab her mother owns in this area to analyze them. She steps aside and answers any questions that the security team has for her. They question Hex as she listens to his answers.

Once the security personnel arrest the gang members. Sasha looks at the young man that stayed to talk with her.

“Do you have any plans for today? I want to thank you for staying and helping. Also, what is your name?” Sasha was curious.

“My name is Hex and you’re welcome. Those clowns have been terrorizing the malls around here lately.” Hex has been picking transmissions over the police and emergency band about people being hurt.

Sasha raises an eye brow when the boy said his name was Hex. She wonders if he gave himself that name or if his parents did. She’ll have to ask him later.

“Well Hex, how did you get up here?” Sasha was wondering if she should take her car.

“I rode my moped up here. If you want, you could follow me back to my place and I could ride with you.” Hex figured that would be better than leaving her moped.

“Sounds like a plan. I’ll follow you, then.”

Sasha gathers her stuff up and follows Hex outside. Once Hex is on her moped, she leads Sasha back to her place. Once they arrive, Sasha waits for Hex as she puts her moped away.

Hex walks over to Sasha’s car after putting her moped away. She left her purchase inside her place. She climbs into the car. Just as she was sitting down on the passenger seat. Hex spots a folder in between the driver seat and the passenger seat. There was a picture on the front of it of the guy she saw at the coffee shop.

“Are you looking for this person?” Hex picks the folder up.

“Yes.” Sasha couldn’t believe she was careless and left an important folder out.

“Well, I could sort of help you find this person. I’ve seen him before.” Hex figures she might be able to locate him, even with the new phone he had.

“You have, Where?” Sasha was curious.

“Near my favorite coffee shop. He was switching phones.” Hex remembered the day she saw him.

“Damn! That will make it harder to find him.” Sasha had thought about tracking him by his cellphone use.

“Not really, I can do it. That’s my specialty.” Hex figures she could trust Sasha.

“What do you mean, it’s your specialty? Are you a hacker?” Sasha glances at Hex for a split second as she drove.

“In a way, I am. I hack the airwaves. If it's out there floating around or is bouncing from one relay to another relay, or satellite dish. I can capture it and hack it.” Hex just watches Sasha facial expression.

“Hhmm, maybe you can help after all. Are you sure you want to go down this path? It can get very dangerous.” Sasha knew from experience how dangerous it was going after bad guys.

“How dangerous can it get and how dangerous is this guy?” Hex was curious now.

“He’s a hired assassin and is very good at what he does. He already killed a DEA agent and is trying to kill the person's child.”

“Why? Why would he kill a child? Also, why did he kill the DEA agent?” Hex was feeling a little scared now.

“I believe it has something to do with this.” She shows the drug packet she took from the gang member.

Hex looks at the drug packet “I’ve seen that drug before. It is becoming popular out on the streets.”

“Well, its extremely dangerous and I think the agent that was trying to locate where it was manufactured, and process was killed because of it.” Sasha figures that was why the assassin had been sent after Morrison Andrew Lynch.

“I think I found where the drugs are processed at yesterday. I sort of stole some stuff from them.” Hex figures if Sasha was being straight and honest with her, she could return that trust.

“What do you mean, you sort of stole some stuff from them?” Sasha had to pull the car over for this explanation.

“Well, I located the person the assassin you told me about was hired by. I managed to track down their location. Once I sneaked into his place, I sort of stole some money and weapons, along with his and several other cellphones.” Hex looks at Sasha. She notices that they had pulled over to talk.

Sasha couldn’t believe the balls on this boy. He ripped off a drug dealer.

“Did anyone see you?” Sasha was worried that someone might have seen him.

“Nope, I MacGyver my way out, by using some chemicals I found. No one saw me and I found some interesting information on the cellphones I took.” Hex watches Sasha’s facial expression.

“I think, we might want to bring this information to another party involved in this matter.” Sasha clicks on her turn signal and pulls back out onto the road.

She heads towards Nora’s house. It’s time they met, and all the information was shared with her. She also figures that Nora might want to meet Hex.

“Hex, if you don’t mind me asking. Why did you steal from this drug dealer and why did you go after him?” Sasha was curious what drove Hex.

“I, wanted to see who the person was that your guy was talking too.” Hex brushes a strand of her short bangs out of her eyes.

Her hair has grown out some, since she left her parents place. She kept it gender neutral. That way people would still think she was a boy. Just like Mrs. Wolfhart does.

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

With all this info

Samantha Heart's picture

All 3 might be able to put this matter to rest once & for all.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Danger Will Robinson!

Jamie Lee's picture

Once again Sasha wows the crowd, and with Hex's help, wowed the six morons who never learned to know your target or you get your butt kicked.

Hex doesn't seemed worried by what she did breaking into that warehouse, as she tells Sasha what she did. She doesn't realize how angry she made those guys by the theft of the items.

Nora and Sasha better put Hex under protection before her dead body is found in some vacant lot.

Others have feelings too.