Change Order - Chapter 4 of 8

Printer-friendly version

Mike was asked to cover a shift by a knowing friend on their birthday. Because the scheduling boss made an incorrect assumption, he ended up being something he could only dream of.

By
Becky Reus
Proofread By Jamie M
©2019

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Four

I tried walking past the bosses office the next day on the way to get my Chip outfit. Jennifer, who was behind me, directed me into the office instead. “Kayleigh, she is ready for her signature tests.”

I didn’t catch the pronoun that my friend had used, but my boss didn’t miss it. “She?” Kayleigh asked.

I glared silent daggers at Jennifer as I did the requested two signatures. My soon to be former girlfriend decided she better close the door to do some damage control. Slowly while I continued glaring at her, she said, “Sorry Mike … Laura. I didn’t mean to drag you out of the closet. Kayleigh, Mike is Trans. Since we have become Significant Others, I am used to calling them Laura.”

“That is why you want Smith to learn Alice’s signature?” Kayleigh asked Jenn.

Jenn answered, “Vanellope was needed. Alice was just for kicks, because … he,” she looked at me to test my reaction to the pronoun.

“Jennifer, you already outed me in this conversation. You can use the correct female pronouns” I told her with a sigh.

Jenn continued, “because she has the perfect voice for it. I doubt she will ever use the signature.”

“Smith how do you want me and Disney to treat you? What name do you want me to use?” My boss questioned.

I answered “In private, you can treat me like a female, in public I currently would prefer you treat me how I'm presenting, whichever one that is.”

“Are you two going to be able to work together today? Will I have to have staffing rearrange stuff at the last minute?” The boss quizzed.

“I hope so,” Jennifer answered nervously looking at me.

Smiling I told my boss, “As long as she doesn’t do a repeat, I will be all over it in thirty minutes tops.”

“Great, you two get to Wardrobe for your outfits. I will approve these two signatures in the system.” Kayleigh said, as she opened the door.

As we were rolling our cloaked outfits to the room we’re going to use as the break and changing room, I told Jenn, “Love, you may of pissed me off in the office, but you have been the best thing that has ever happened to me.” Soon the only way you could outwardly tell us two apart was the color of our chipmunk noses. So started our eight hour shift of greeting Chase credit card holders, with another set of chipmunks. I actually like Chase shifts. Guests at chase come in spurts, maybe one group every five or so minutes.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

As the next week progressed, the two of us got closer and closer together. One of the results of getting closer to Jennifer, is that Laura was getting harder and harder to shove back in the closet. As I was leaving Wardrobe on Tuesday I happen to notice that I was changed to Vanellope the next day by Staffing, which was a surprise to me.

The next morning, I joined the Wardrobe line behind Jennifer. I heard my girlfriend identity herself and get in response a dress bag and duffel, before it was my turn. I felt a kiss on my cheek as I was trying to identify myself. Blushing red, I looked to see my girl skipping away. Still red I told the lady my name, and received the costume bags on a cart from the lady.

I was soon wheeling the cart towards the meet and greet building. I went into break and changing room, and meet my Ralph I was matched with. After changing into the costume we were led to the greeting area by our attendant, David.

I actually have more fun being the female characters instead of male characters. That may be because of the fact that I am technically a female born in the wrong body. The two of us started our thirty minutes on, thirty minutes off shift of greeting, interactions, and posing with the guests.

After work, I spent it with Jennifer as Laura, the two of us girls are getting attached at the hip. We spent the evening snuggling next to each other watching River of Lights at the Animal Kingdom. Since we watched the early show we still were able to get in the Safari line before park closing. That Safari trip was one of the best twilight Safaris I have ever been on, but it might have been because of whom I was sitting next to.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

After a day working as Minnie Thursday Jennifer wanted me to drop by her room with my park pass in the evening. When I question who she wanted me to drop by, she told me my choice.

Using the lessons that Jenn had taught me, I walked to her room as Laura. I didn’t get there unseen, but by now I had accumulated enough guts for that not to affect me. A guy, who was unlocking his door nearby, stared at me as I got near to her room. Other than thinking that his staring was rude, I ignored it. After knocking on the door, I was welcomed in where I discovered in shock that not only was she in the room, but her parents were there too.

Jennifer introduction me, “Mom and Dad this is my girlfriend, Laura.”

“Not that I care if you want to be lesbian, but I thought you said you had a boyfriend named Mike, Sweetie.” Jenn’s Mom said.

Jennifer just looked at me, not sure how to respond to that. I sighed, and responded with tears in my eyes, “Ma’am, Laura and Mike are the same person.” Before turning to leave the room.

As I got to the door, I heard Jennifer’s mother tell her, “Young lady please stop your girlfriend from leaving. Will you please repair her face too.”

Before I knew what was happening, my face was repaired, and we were on a bus headed to Epcot for Garden Grill. While we were enjoying the character dining, I felt like I was being interrogated by Jennifer’s parents. They wanted details, that made me blush red. Questions included my job, my plans for Laura and Mike, and our relationship. I told them, in this location, all I could tell them is that I had the same job as their daughter. I continued by saying that “I wasn’t sure what was going on with Laura. A week and half ago, she was hiding deep in the closet. Some brat by the name of Jennifer dragged her out of the closet. As for our relationship, ask your daughter, she definitely wears the pants in this relationship.” I said the last bit with a smirk, as I ate my food.

Soon dinner was over, and we hung around to watch the fireworks. Jill Anderson asked me “Are you joining us tomorrow, Laura?”

“Not during the day, I got to work for some Birthday Princess tomorrow.” I told Jenn’s mom.

Jennifer just blushed while her mother smirked, before saying, “Then we better get straight home after the fireworks. So you can get your beauty sleep, Aurora.”

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:Comments and questions are always welcomed -- Thanks Becky

up
241 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow,

Monique S's picture

what a lovely mother!

Nice story,
Monique.

Monique S

What a terrific story!

Becky, what a great story! Love how it is developing.

another fun filled chapter, i

another fun filled chapter, i can not wait for the next installment.

big hugs

samantha rebecca clarkson

I love the...

delicate, light touch. Most people I know i.r.l. have all the delicacy of a sledge hammer wielded by the Hulk. It is one of the reasons I find this story soothing and relaxing to read. Thank you for sharing it. ^_^ T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

Dad

Jennifer's Dad is there, but he is in the background.. I admit to never writing him in the story, except for he is there.

Open minded?

Jamie Lee's picture

Mike has gained more courage to let Laura be seen the longer she is with Jennifer. By Jennifer pulling Laura "out of the closet," she has shown Mike that no one thinking anything funny about Laura. That to any who see Laura, they are looking at just another woman.

The surprise at meeting the parents was an unexpected event to Mike, but not as unexpected as Jenn's mom telling her to stop Laura from leaving and to help fix her face. That neither parent vehemently ranted about what they just learned, stomping out of Jenn's room, shows they are more open minded than some. And after dinner, Mike might be in for another surprise down the road when Jenn proposes.

Others have feelings too.

Jennifer and Parents

Jennifer has always been raised open minded by her parents, and she might also be Bi. As for her parents, her mother, Jill, has seen it all as a lawyer. The mother’s openness might of rubbed off on the father.

As for marriage, neither of the girls are looking that far ahead right now. They have only been dating about a week.