Avenging Angel Chap. 19

Printer-friendly version

Gypsy and Patrick were pissed when they woke-up. They wanted to be part of the takedown of the people who stole their design. She could understand why Nathan left them sleeping. Still, they didn’t like it.

The two of them reviewed the footage from the take down. They couldn’t believe they had everything they needed to mass produce their design. They had watched the footage repeatedly to make a list of the items they had. They also reviewed how the suits of armor and wearer reacted. They look at the information the suits recorded. The wears bio’s and how the suit responded. All the targeting data and communications between the suits.

Gypsy leans back in her seat and turns to look at Patrick “I can’t believe they didn’t wake us.”

Patrick looks at his partner “I can understand why they didn’t. However, according to all this data, they didn’t need us.”

“I know, Robert had everything in hand. Maybe we should think about designing a suit for him that like a mobile command field unit?” Patrick had been thinking about unique suits suited to the wearer.

“If we do that, we’ll need to change the design some. We already have to fix the design if a woman wears the suit.” Gypsy was happy that
Sharon didn’t mind having her breasts constricted in her suit, but what was the long them effect with doing that.

They needed to know how a woman fare in combat with their breasts constricted while wearing the armor. She didn’t have as big of the chest as Sharon did.

“Any word from Special Agent Garcia?” Patrick stops what he was doing and looking over towards Gypsy.

“Yeah, Special Agent Garcia said that the other two members on Andy’s team were forced to go along with what Andy told them. The people
Andy were working with threatened to kill their family if they didn’t.” Gypsy was surprised Andy would do something like that.

“How did Andy get involve in this mess?” Patrick wanted to know.

“Agent Garcia said she couldn’t tell me. However, you and I have to appear before the grant board because of how our security was infiltrated.” Gypsy couldn’t figure out why.

Andy and his team didn’t get the unique programming language for the body armors. That was something they made sure of. They double checked the system from the robot system to their system and it was different. It was also poorly written as well. They cleaned up the commands and enhanced it.

“Great! We took every precaution we could.” Patrick knew they took the security of the suits and research seriously.

“I know, but we still have to appear and explain what happened to them.” Gypsy received a call from the grant board after she spoke with Special Agent Garcia.

Patrick turned his attention back to the information from the armor. Nathan and the others were out training with a bunch of soldiers in their armor. Until the matter with Andy was settled, they were told that they would be staying on the army base for their safety.

They still didn’t know if there were any more agents out looking for them. Until special agent, Garcia gave the clear signal or found out they would be safe. They were to remain on the base. The base commander didn’t mind them staying as long as they obeyed military protocol.

Patrick brings up the visual and audio on all the armors. They had turned it off at the command center while they were reviewing and working. Gypsy was working on the new Gauss rifle for Robert’s armor. Once she was done with that rifle, she was going to start working on a new and improve laser rifle for the armors.

She was going to boost the power using the suit's power. It may drain the power cells faster than the gauss rifle does, but it would prove to be a better weapon for them. She was using the same rifle design she had for the gauss rifle. Gypsy covers up a yawn as she continues to finish the gauss rifle. She made two first generation gauss rifles for her Patrick to use to protect themselves.

Training Field:
Nathan, Sharon, Dominic and Robert were training with a group of special forces. So, far their armor had with stood everything threw at them. Robert had his birds in the sky feeding him information of their locations and he was monitoring their radio signals and such.

The specialist stopped using their comms when they realize the other side was monitoring. However, they couldn’t hide from the drones in the sky. Trying to hit them with a rifle, was out of the question. They would have to use their optics to see them. The crystal-clear construction made it hard to see them. They blended in with the sky. The tiny motors they use were quiet.

When the soldiers they were training with, took protection behind objects. Nathan and them could increase the power output on their rifles and leave holes where the round went through it.

“You guys are cheating.” Corporal Huggins had been taken out by the rifle.

“How are we cheating?” Robert looks over towards Huggins.

“Those suites and weapons give you guy’s a big advantage. You can see us through whatever we are hiding behind, and your weapons are adjustable, so you can shoot through it. Plus, those drones of yours can spot us.” He looks up and could see the running lights on the drones.

“I wish we had these suits over in Afghanistan, fighting the Taliban and Isis.” Master Sergeant Cook walks up to Dominic’s armor and looks at it.

“I know what you mean Cook. The ide’s and snipers wouldn’t be able to penetrate this body armor. Plus, the gauss rifle targeting along with the suit's sensors could go right through the buildings and walls.”

“So, what are the plans for these armors?” Cook was curious about when they are going to be produced and issued.

“Don’t know yet. We’re still in the testing phase. We have to do more testing before they can even go into production.” Nathan already knew
the suits could withstand any biological event. They had their own self-contained environment. That had been tested with a few test flights. The suits could withstand an EMP attack, but it would knock out their visual and audio recorders. The emp device that Gypsy designed to take the fake suits out were affected, but once she redid the design, the suits weren't any more.

The next major test was having Nathan enter a burning building. If the suits proved effective and protected the wearer, they could use the suits to help the fire department and on navy vessels. They were going to see how deep the suits could go.

“If you need more volunteers to test those suits, I wouldn’t mind.” Private First Class Sumners was looking at Sharon’s suit.

He still couldn’t get over the fact that there was a woman inside the armor. Everyone wearing the armor had their face mask lifted.

“Sharon, do you find the armor to be too uncomfortable?”

“In some places, yes and in other places no.” Sharon knew Gypsy was planning on making another set just for her and for women.

“Alright, let’s get back to practicing.” Nathan closes his faceplate.

“Right behind you.” Robert follows Nathan back out into the training field.

Off in the distance, three military Generals and a Major were watching Nathan, Robert, Dominic, and Sharon as they went back to practicing. They had watched the first half of the training exercise and was impressed with what happened. Major Scott had been impressed with what he saw so far.

“I want those four and the designers of those suits sent to our facilities in Tampa, Florida.” General Barry Lindsay wanted to add them to Special Operations.

“The four soldiers shouldn’t be a problem General. The problem will be the two civilian designers. They are students that are operating under
DRAPA.” Major Andrew Scott looks at General Lindsay, General Barry Wright, and General Lloyd Cartwright.

“If they are working under DRAPA we can request their services for the problem we have. Those suits could go into Africa to retrieve and
support our soldiers. There are no markings on them suggesting or indicating that they came from us.” Right now, a group of soldiers they had down in Africa needed extra help.

They were engaged with a group of African guerillas under the control of Charles Al-Bashir. He was getting support from Sudan and Iran. The problem was, proving it. The soldiers they had down in Africa were outgunned and out manned. If they sent these soldiers down there with those armors. They could turn the tide.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Today is a good day.

WillowD's picture

I got to read another chapter in this story.

I don't like what the

Samantha Heart's picture

Military is planing. This would technically be an ILLEAGLE opperation no identifying marks on the suits. This COULD spell trouble for Gypsy & her partner.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Make the target bigger

Jamie Lee's picture

Yeah, let's send unmarked suits, with Americans inside, into an area to squash a bug. And should something happen and the suits fall into the enemy's hands?

Untested equipment in actual battle conditions is a path for disaster. Don't rush to put wearers in harm's way until every single problem has been solved.

Those kids need to be kept out of sight, least the assasin finds his targets. If problems are discover at the plant, then the kids can work out the problem from where they are.

Others have feelings too.

The "Bug"

That "bug", as you say, is at this moment killing American soldiers, and won't stop until they are all dead. "Everybody comes home, no one is left behind" is the thing every soldier has drilled into them. Is it worth sending in the half-tested suits? I think almost every member of the military, past or present, would say it is. The U.S. has in the past failed to fulfill its promises to the troops, particularly the ones at the sharp end. This time the military gets to have the final say, not the politicians.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin