The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 4

Printer-friendly version

Tizzy and her partner stand in the living room of the girl that had been killed. They were informed that the detectives that had been assigned to search the place, didn’t find anything. Tizzy moves from room to room examining each room. Her partner was examining the other rooms. She finally makes her way back to the bedroom where the girl had been found.

Tizzy glances around the room and as she was thinking where she would hide something to keep others from finding whatever it was, she had.
She spots the large collection of shoes Malia Napua collected.

“If I was her and I knew someone was looking for something I had. I would hide it in the one place most guys wouldn’t look.” Keith had heard Tizzy thinking out loud.

He watches as she walks over to the closet and looks for the shoe boxes that would be easy to access. She selects a few and opens them. It wasn’t till she came to the fourth shoe box, that Tizzy finds a flash drive.

“Bingo, partner.” Tizzy turns around with a little black thumb drive no bigger than her thumbnail.

“What do you think is on it?” Keith couldn’t believe how lucky Tizzy was.

“I don’t know, but I’m willing to bet, it has information on it that Covern doesn’t want to get out.” Tizzy wonders what was on it as well.

“How about our other problem of Covern being on a yacht? There has to be a lot of boat slips around Hawaii.”

“True, but I know someone that can help us out on that problem.” She tucks the thumb drive into her pants pocket.

“Who’s that?” Keith was curious.

“My old surfing buddy, Kelly Hoffman.” Tizzy enjoyed surfing with Kelly before his motorcycle accident.

He lost both his legs during the accident. Now, he just sits and watches other surfers as they surf. He also has contacts with a bunch of different marinas. Tizzy knew he did odd jobs at the different marinas or knew people there. She also had a secondary person she could ask.
She normally didn’t like using the second person she knew. Most of the time they were high as a kite.

“I don’t think I’ve met him before or is it a she?” Keith looks at Tizzy as they drive down the highway.

“Him, he’s a few years older than me and was fun to be around. He lost his legs a few years later while coming home from a competition. A drunk driver caused him to crash and he woke-up several days later in the hospital missing his legs. After, that I lost track of him. My mom managed to track him down.” Tizzy felt sorry for him after she learned what happened.

She wanted to help him, but he didn’t want help from anyone. He basically gave up on life. Her mother told her that once a person gives up, there’s not much they can do.

After twenty minutes, they arrive where Kelly hangs out. Tizzy spots him in his wheelchair down on the beach. She approaches him “Hey Kelly, long time, no see.” She gives him a hug.

Kelly looks at Tizzy after she gives him a hug. He knew its been a while since he has seen her.

“Hi, Tizzy. How have you been?”

“I’m doing okay, how about you?” Tizzy couldn’t help but feel like she let Kelly down.

“The same as always.” Kelly sighs as he stares at the surfers out on the ocean.

“Kelly, I need your help on locating a boat by the name of Quiet Storm. A person I’m looking for is hiding aboard it.”

Kelly looks up at Tizzy and could see she was concerned for him. He saw how much he meant to her.

“I’ll see what I can do for you, Tizzy. Also, it’s nice to see you again. You have grown up to become a nice young lady.”

“Thanks, Kelly. You know you can always call me or my mom for anything.”

“I know. Let me see what I can for you on this boat.” He pulls a cellphone out and starts dialing a number.

Tizzy walks back towards her partner. She hopes Kelly will come through with the information.

Cheshire’s House:
Christine was on her way back from the market. Cheshire had given her a grocery list of items she wanted Christine to pick-up at the local fresh food market. She was driving back from the market when she spotted that she had a tail. She was driving Tizzy’s old jeep wrangler she got back when she was seventeen years old.

Christine takes a few turns to see if they were still following her. She noticed that they were still following her.

“Okay, let's see how you like going around in circles.” Christine takes them around in a circle for a while.

After she had gone around a couple of times. She tried to ditch them, but they stuck with her. She slows down and stops at a store. The car that was following her, pulls up behind her. Two guys in suits get out of the car and slowly approach her. Both had short black hair and the same color suit, but one was taller than the other one. Christine grabs the gun from its hiding spot, that Cheshire told her about and kept it next to her.

“Stop right where you gentlemen are. Why are you following me?” Christine had the gun hidden from view.

“We want you to come with us.”

“For what reason?” Christine was curious.

“Because we would like to ask you some question about a Tizzy Patel.” The taller of the two looked at her when he spoke.

“Why?” Christine wanted them to tell her.

“Just come with us, ma’am.” The smaller guy looked like he was getting tired of talking.

“I don’t think so and if you persist I will call the police.” Christine was going to back down.

The shorter of the two guys was slowly reaching towards his jacket. He was going for his gun.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” She had the Glock she was holding against her left leg up and aimed at them.

Both men hadn’t spotted the gun, till she brought it up and had it aimed at them. The short guy removed his hand away from his jacket.

“You wouldn’t shoot us, your bluffing.” A sneer appears on his face.

Christine just smirks at them. They should have done more research on her.

“You really don’t know me that well. I don’t bluff, and I will shoot you.”

“Enough of this. You’re coming with us.” The shorter guy moves to grab Christine.

In a hand-to-hand fight, she might be able to overpower them. The training her mother and Cheshire taught her would allow her to take them down. However, because she was still recovering, she wasn’t up to fighting them. So, instead of shooting them in the chest like she was taught. She shoots the shorter guy in his right knee cap and when the other guy comes for her, she shoots him in his left knee cap.

“I told you I would shoot you. Now, toss your guns towards me, before I shoot your other kneecap out.” Christine had the gun aimed down at their manhood.

Both men toss their guns towards Christine. They were in pain from being shot in their kneecaps.

“Thank you. Now, I’m going to call the paramedic for you and leave now.” Christine gets back in the jeep drive a few blocks, before calling the paramedics.

She did manage to take a picture of both men before she left. She knows Tizzy and Cheshire would want to know who they are. They were lucky she only shot their kneecaps out.

Private Hospital:
Cheshire was sitting next to the bed when the girl woke-up. She had spoken to Doctor Shipman and saw the x-rays of previous abuse the doctor had found. The girl’s right arm had been broken before along with her left leg. There were healed whip marks on her back.

Doctor Shipman had informed her that the girl had numerous scars and injuries that hadn’t healed right. Cheshire spots the girl's eyes opened.

“Well good afternoon. How do you feel?” Cheshire was watching the girl.

Omphile looks at the Asian looking woman sitting next to her bed. She had long black hair and piercing green eyes looking at her. She had seen this woman when she went into the house with the blonde hair girl.

“Hungry.” Omphile felt her stomach growl.

“I’ll order some food for you. What name should I call you?” Cheshire looked into the girl’s brown eyes.

“My mother named me Omphile.” Omphile looks at the Asian lady. Her face was kind and gentle.

“Let me order your food Omphile and while we're waiting for it to arrive. We can talk for a while.” Cheshire sends a text message to the kitchen staff and orders some food for Omphile.

Doctor Shipman had informed her that the girl will have to be placed on a special diet. She was so malnourished, that she was surprised that she was still alive. The poor thing would have died if she hadn’t gotten into Tizzy’s car.

“What is your last name, Omphile?”

“I don’t have one. My mother just called me Omphile, before she was murdered.” Omphile had witnessed her mother murdered right in front of her.

“What happened after that?” Cheshire was curious and wanted to know more.

“The men that murdered my mother left me on the streets. They ran off afterward. I started living on the streets, till a man found me and took me. He put me with several other young people and we were sold off as slaves to different people.” Tears start to slide down her cheeks.

“Omphile, where are you from?” Cheshire knew some countries would take orphans and sell them to wealthy people as house servants.

“Africa. I was born in Africa.”

“Well, you have nothing to fear. I’m going to take care of you. I promise you will never be treated like a slave again. There is one thing I would like to know, why did Mr. Covern bring you to that house?” Cheshire was curious why he would do that.

“I was a gift to him from the people who owned me. They said I was supposed to please him, but instead, I punched him in his manhood.” Omphile remembered that day.

She punched him and tried to escape. She couldn’t get out of his room, because the door had been locked. Covern caught her and smacked her around before she blacked out. When she woke up she was naked, and, in the house, she ran away from.

After a few minutes, food is delivered to Omphile room. While she was eating, Cheshire sends a text to Krisha informing her that she will train Catlin and for her to come to the house tomorrow after school.

Krisha’s school Lunch Time:
Krisha was outside sitting under a tree eating her lunch. Catlin was with her, but she wasn’t eating anything. As long as Krisha has known Catlin, she never eats lunch at school. They both heard Krisha’s cellphone beep letting her know a text arrived.

Krisha looks at the message and saw that it was from her mother. She reads the message and looks up at Catlin.

“Tell your mom and dad that you won’t be home after school tomorrow.”

“Okay, why won’t I be home tomorrow after school?” Catlin was curious.

“Because my mother has agreed to train you.” Krisha wonders why her mother agreed to train Catlin?

“Cool, I can’t wait.” Catlin liked Mrs. Patel. She thought she was cool.

“Famous last words.” Krisha knew how much of a taskmaster her mother was when she trained people. She didn’t even let up on her own children.

up
204 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cheshire & Lizzy BOTH

Samantha Heart's picture

Will want to find out about these men who tried to take Christine most likely agency men or privite contractors who are employed by the agency. This will NOT set well with Cheshire not at ALL! Hell has no furie like Cheshire being pissed off! Some how Khn might have a nice little snack. *evil grin*

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Know your target

Jamie Lee's picture

Covern is slowly getting towards the end of the line, hopefully the CIA people watching him won't be dumb enough to interfere with Tizzy and Keith when they come for him. It wouldn't due for it to be known that the CIA is operating within the boarders of the US.

Those two bozos may be good at tailing people, but lousy at taking people. They forgot rule number one, know your target, and paid for forgetting that lesson. How might Cheshire react when Christine tells her what happened and sees the pictures?

With everything that's being discovered, a few heads are going to roll before everything is over with.

Others have feelings too.