Amber pt 20 ***** A Kymmie verse Story*****

Printer-friendly version


Amber part 20

“ What happened? All I remember is seeing lights then hearing crunching metal then everything went black.”

“ Kelsey, you where t boned by an idiot in a big dodge truck at 80 mph. He was plastered. He doesn't remember a thing. Luckily Me and Dad where there. We were just behind you, and were first on the scene. Dad called 911 while I tended all of you. Good thing the girls where asleep. They were relaxed. So it didn't hurt them as much. They got out yesterday, and have been staying at our house.”

“Brook, Mom where is she?”

“ Honey, She was rushed to emergency surgery just after you arrived here, with the internal bleeding. They were able to stop it. She'll be just fine. She is in the room next door. Her uterus wasn't hurt so the babies are OK.. You will be able to see her in a couple days.”

“Wait, what babies?”

“Honey, you are going to be a mom again. Brook is pregnant again, with triplets”

"Was this going to be a wedding present?”

“Yeah,”

“ Mom, I want to see her now.” Kelsey exclaimed.

“ Kelsey, No. You just woke up. You need to rest and heal. She is getting the best care possible as are you. Listen to your mother. She will be alright.” I told my daughter.

“ OK, Mom. Can I see my girls?”

“ Yes, I will call Dad and have him bring them up to see you two, in the morning”

“ Thanks, Mom.”

“ Your welcome, Now you rest and heal. Not only Doctors orders, Mom's too.”

“ Yes, Mom. Tell Brook I love her. I love you too, Mom.”

I gave a slight nod as I left. Turning back. “ Don't worry Honey. You and Brook will be OK.”

As I left, Kelsey began to meditate. She heard a nurse come in to take her vital signs. The nurse started to ask her, Kelsey just shook her head. She meditated for 6 hours. I had to tell the nurses to not bother her, until she finished. Kelsey was still on the heart and respiratory monitors. So they could keep tabs on her. The nursing staff said she was meditating for about 6 hours. She ordered lunch about 11 am. I had called Greg and told him Kelsey was awake and she is meditating right now. He and our granddaughters arrived about 12:30. Greg wheeled Whitley in a wheelchair. I waited a little bit before joining them. I gave Greg a fireworks inducing kiss, as always. Then gave Whitley and Riley a kiss on the top of their heads along with Kelsey.

I had arranged, since Brook was getting better for her to come over.

“ Are you up to another visitor?” I asked Kelsey

She answered, “ Yeah, if it's alright with you.”
Just then a nurse pushed Brook into Kelsey's room.

“ Brook, Are you all right?” Kelsey said through tears of joy.

“ Yeah, better now that you are awake and I can see you.” Also with tears in her eyes. Taking Kelsey's hand and giving her a fireworks inducing kiss.

“ God, I love you so much.” Brook said.

Greg and our granddaughters stayed around for about an hour. Then left.
Brook stayed the entire day. Just holding Kelsey's hand. They talked about everything or just sat and watched a little TV or listened to the radio. The nurses actually did all Brook's vitals checks right there in Kelsey's room. Though out the day relatives stopped by, Kennedy and her husband, Meagan, Keira, Uncle Jeff, and Keely. Uncle Jeff had salvaged what he could from the Crown victoria. They had lunch and dinner together. Brook was taken back to her room at 7.

“ Hi, Mom.” Kelsey said. “ what's up?”

“ Just doing my evening check. On you and Brook. “Kelsey she is going to be alright.”

“ Thanks, Mom. That makes me feel better.”

“ Speaking of feeling better. I got a message from the radiology department. It seems you made quite an improvement since yesterday's x-rays. They said your bones are knitting faster than normal. Your Meditation did help. Keep it up and you will be out soon too.”

“ Not soon enough, I want to be with Brook.”

“ I know Honey. You both have to heal.”

I gave my daughter a hug and kiss and left. “ I'll see you in the morning.”

“ night Mom.”

I called it a night. I got home to three people passed out in the living room. Greg and both Riley and Whitley where fast asleep. Of course Smokes was laying right in front of the girls. Watching over them.
A kiss woke up Greg. He carried the girls down to their temporary room. The joined me in bed. We fell asleep cuddled together. I love this man.

Brook and Kelsey got discharged 2 days later. Greg and I took them home along with their daughters. Dad had one of their maids stay with Kelsey and Brook until they where able to take care of themselves. Which was just about 2 weeks.

Me and Greg had some discussions, we decided that we would help those like me become the girl they are inside. We decided to become a foster home. What helped was Kennedy. While she loved cooking she decided that being a chef at a restaurant wasn't for her. She got a job as a caseworker Michigan health and human services. She was immediately assigned the hard to place transgender children, being a woman she had the MtF children.

She was able to expedite our application. Our references and our housing check was fantastic. Plus the fact that we have several million dollars in the bank dissuaded the idea that we where doing it for the state money as other have. Plus having experience in raising 3 transgender children was a plus. Within 2 months we where approved and Kennedy had found us the perfect foster child.

One Wednesday evening we get a call. I answer, Hello.

“ HI, Mom.”

“ Hi, Kennedy. How's our girl?”

“ Oh, Just fine.”

“ How's Mark and the kids?”

“ Great. I think I found a perfect foster and maybe new daughter.”

“ Oh, you have.”

“ Yeah, He or should I say she was just admitted to Botsford.”

“ Botsford, Why?”

“ She tried to commit suicide by cutting her wrists. Luckily Her current foster mother came home early and found her.”

“ Suicide, Why did she do such a thing?” that got Greg's attention.

“ As her new caseworker the doctors told me she did it because she though that if she couldn't live as the girl she is. She would just end it.”

“ Hasn't she came out as transgender?”

“She has several years ago. Yet they have been treating her as her birth sex.”

“ Really, that is a shame. Tell me about her?” I asked Kennedy.

“ Well she is 11. She has been in the system for 6 years since her parents where killed in a boating accident. She has been in 21 different homes.”

“ Your are kidding 21 homes. Why so many?”

“ Most couldn't handle a transgender girl.”

“ OK, Please continue.”

“ Her given name is Tyler James Holseth, but her file says, She calls herself Paige Lynn. I have read her file from front to back. She seems like a good kid, just a victim of who she is. I am her 5th caseworker, the others have been totally biased toward her, I got her because she has been hard to place. We all know why.”

“ She seems to be just the young lady we are looking to help.”

“ Yeah, as soon as I got the call and her file came across my desk I thought of you and Daddy.”

“ Thanks, Honey. She does sound like a girl we need to help be all that she can be.”

“ That was my idea. I will officially be meeting her tomorrow. Just after noon. She has had her wrists stitched up and has been give something to help her sleep.”

“ Maybe I'll take a run over and see her.”

“ Like I said she will be a sleep. But couldn't hurt. Oh, By the way, Her files says she would love a pet. Has Grandma gotten a home for tinker bell yet.”

“ I don't think so. I'll call and see. Tink may just be perfect for Paige. I'll be there tomorrow and talk with you after the visit.”

“ Ok, Mom. Give Daddy my love. Bye.”

“ I will honey, give the kids and Mark our love too. Bye, Bye.” I hung up.

“ Well looks like we may have a young lady to take care of.” I said to Greg.

“ Sounds like one that is perfect for us.”

“ Yeah, from what Kennedy says. She has yet to have the freedom to be herself as I have. I'm going to head down to Botsford to see what I can learn.”

“ OK, Do you want me to call Mom about tinker bell.”

“ Yeah, Go ahead.” I handed Greg the phone. I grabbed my purse and took off. Pulling into the Doctors parking area. I entered the employee entrance. Scanning my ID. I was logged as being in the hospital. I stopped at the information desk and checked on Paige. She was in room 610. Her Dr was Mark Martin. Like most of the Drs here I know him. I headed up the the 6th floor. Stepping up to the nurses station.

One of the nurses knew me, “ What brings you here this evening Dr Reid?”
“ Hi, Kristine, I want to look in on Dr Martins Patient, Paige Holseth.”

She had to think a minute. “ Oh, The transgender girl in 10, feel free.”

“ Thanks, I won't wake her.”

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Reid's are JUST

Samantha Heart's picture

The people this girl needs kind loveing and most importantly accepting & understanding of girls like page. This girl couldn't have gotten a better case worker then Kennedy this girl will go places.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Stay tuned

Stay tuned