Pushing the Limits- Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 1: The Beginning

It all started with a simple job application at the local mall. At 21, Evan was a college student who still had no clue what he wanted to do in life. At some point during the first two years of college, he had decided on a major in communications, with a minor in business, since he figure it might be helpful to have in the long run. Presently, however, Evan was gainfully unemployed and currently living on the money from student loans.

Money was getting a bit tight, though, when Evan had decided to get an apartment off campus with his girlfriend, Chloe. Chloe was a double business and arts major at the same college, but was able to already make a living in her career of choice, as she currently had a paid internship as a graphic designer. Evan had already applied to a few stores in the mall that he figured he had a fair chance at based on his limited experience. So far, though, nothing had panned out yet during his past week of job hunting, which was why Evan decided to put in an application at Hidden Desires- a lingerie store that had just opened up a few weeks ago.

Evan’s motivations were based on more than just making money, or even the fact that it was a shop that typically sold sexy undergarments to attractive young women, though. Rather, Evan had his own secret desire- he often fantasized about BEING a woman, and had even done some shopping of his own at the lingerie boutique. Not that anyone had ever caught on-thankfully. Evan usually just lied and said he was shopping for his girlfriend. In reality, though, Chloe’s tastes were a bit too vanilla for the items sold at Hidden Desires. Evan had mentioned the idea of his fantasy- or perhaps fetish as some might call it- of dressing up as a woman to Chloe once, and she had said she wasn’t bothered by it, but he could also tell that it wasn’t something she’d be particularly into.

Evan was never more surprised when he had actually gotten called for an interview at the store, though, which had gone reasonably well. A few days later, Evan received another call from the store, and was told that he was being offered a part time position as a sales associate. And now his first day on the job had finally arrived….Evan was feeling a bit nervous- and excited, as he drove to the mall. Evan pulled into the mall parking lot at 11:57am, just a few minutes shy of his first shift.

Evan quickly headed for the mall entrance , and was promptly greeted by Hidden Desire’s owner as he entered the store.

“Hi, Evan”, said Jacqueline Roman, in a warm tone, as she extended her hand and looked at him directly in the eyes. “Nice to see you again”.

Jacqueline (never Jackie) was an attractive woman who appeared to be somewhere in her early to mid-forties with perfectly styled brown hair that fell in loose waves around her shoulders, and green cat-like eyes. Although standing only at 5 feet four inches in height, Jacqueline appeared taller, due not only to her usual high-heeled stiletto pumps, but also the air of superiority she exuded.

“Hi, Mrs. Roman”, Evan said, nervously hoping he hadn’t stumbled over his words. He wasn’t sure why he felt compelled to address her in such a formal manner, when he was sure that he had told him to call her by her first name during their interview.

“Please, it’s Jacqueline”, she reminded him in a brisk tone, as she led him towards the back of the store.

Evan quickly glanced around at the various items of lingerie displayed around the store. He found himself becoming both intrigued, as well as aroused at the numerous styles of corsets, garters, and stockings.

“So..are you nervous?”, Evan’s new boss asked, catching him slightly off guard.

Her tone was serious, but Evan saw that she had a slight playful look in her eyes. Still, Evan couldn’t also help but notice how she had practically read his mind- at least about him being nervous. Maybe Jacqueline was just exceptionally good reading people, or maybe he just gave that vibe. Either way, he hoped that she hadn’t caught him checking out the store’s merchandise a few minutes ago, or worse yet- had figured out what he wished he could do with them.

“I…uh well, maybe a little”, he replied honestly, hoping that he wasn’t blushing.

Jacqueline smiled. “Don’t be”, she reassure him. “You said you’ve worked in other retail jobs before, right?”

“Well …yeah”, Evan admitted. “But I mean, they weren’t like this…”.

“Oh, trust me…retail is retail”, replied Jacqueline in a rueful tone. “However, I will agree with you, and say that I like to hold our store to somewhat of a higher standard”, as her voice took on a measure of pride.

“In any case, you have nothing to be nervous about”, she continued. “In fact, by hiring a young male employee, it may even prove to increase the number of customers we get in our store”.

Evan wasn’t sure exactly what Jacqueline meant by that. He quickly caught his reflection in a store mirror. At 5 feet 11, Evan was both tall and lanky. His natural strawberry blonde hair colored had been lightened to a full peroxide blonde, which he kept short with a slightly spiked style. His eyes, which were blue-green, were typically his most complimented feature. Evan hoped that she simply meant that by having guy work in the store who was somewhat decent looking, it might hopefully attract more customers. He also hoped that Chloe wouldn’t find out, since she was definitely the jealous type, which was why he hadn’t mentioned where he had gotten a job.

“All right….so you’ll be working today until six”, Jacqueline confirmed, quickly glancing down at her watch. “For the first two hours of your shift, you’ll be working on sorting our shipment, so you will have a chance to familiarize yourself with our merchandise” .

Evan was careful to keep himself from grinning, as he was genuinely excited to become familiar with the store’s inventory on his first day. He could imagine the soft feelings of all the different silk, satin, and lace….

“Then…at two’o clock, you’ll be working with Savannah, as a cashier…”, Jacqueline continued on, jarring him out of his thoughts.

“Hmm?”, he said, hoping he hadn’t missed anything too important.

“Savannah…my daughter. She is also working at the store part as one of the supervisors so she’ll be training you today as well, as a cashier”.

“Oh…your daughter also works here?”, he asked, hoping to give the impression that he was paying attention.

“Yes…she’s 18, and in her first year of college. She’s working here part time to help me out”, Jacqueline explained.

up
191 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good start...

Donna T's picture

...OK, so far so good. Let's see where you are going to take us/Evan.

Donna

Very nice start

sugar_britches63's picture

Very nice start from the sounds of things. Nice progression with him/her? getting the job. I do hope two things, first that the story continues and second that Evan progresses naturally into herself and is not forced.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Thank you

Thank you for your comment! :)

Yes the story will continue..hopefully the next part will be up tonight...possibly tomorrow. As for the forced progression, Erika is already inside of Evan, but I think as the story goes on, he'll be pushed further into it

A great start

Although you are listed as a 'new author' I'm sure that's only as far as this site is concerned as your writing shows experience. It will be interesting to see where this story goes.

Many Thanks

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Well...technically, I've been writing and making up stories in my head for most of my twenties, but this is the first time I've ever decided to go through with posting anything. I did post an older story I wrote about 4 years ago on here...it has some similar TG elements if you would like to take a look while I finish the next installment of this one.