My Week at The Lake Day 9

Printer-friendly version
Day 9

Chris wakes up and sits up in bed. She was dazed and tried to scream, but her throat was still to sore for her to scream. She looks around, trying to figure out where she was. The last thing she remembers was seeing Edward and Anthony.

Anthony is startled when he feels Chris sit-up in the middle of the night. He looks at her as she tries to figure out where she is.

“Easy, Chris. You’re safe now.” As he gently tries to lower her back down to the bed.

Chris allows herself to be pulled back down to the mattress. She feels Anthony’s strong arms wrap around her. He wasn’t holding her tight, but enough gently enough like he did when they were younger, and she had nightmares.

Chris just stares into the darkness of the camper they were in and wonder why she was being beaten on. Who hated her so much, that they felt it was necessary to hurt her and leave her to die? She tries to close her eyes, but she couldn’t fall asleep again.

She just stays in Anthony’s arms and tries not to move as he slept. She slowly starts to fall asleep, as she relaxes against him. Chris holds tightly on Anthony’s arms as she slept.

Anthony wakes up early the next morning and notices that Chris was still sound asleep against him. He wonders why Jimmy did what he did. Chris hasn’t done anything to him or against him. He tries to remove his arm, so he could get up and go to the bathroom, but every time he did. Chris grip would tighten around his arm.

“Chris, I need to get up and pee.” Anthony could feel his bladder starting to hurt.

Chris loosens her grip on Anthony’s arm. She feels him get out of bed and listen while he uses the camper’s toilet. Every part of her body was still hurting. She jumps when she hears someone knocking on the camper door.

Anthony comes out after washing his hands. He glances into the bedroom to check on Chris and saw her looking nervous.

“Chris, it's okay. I’m right here with you.” Anthony walks over to the door that leads into the camper.

When Anthony looks outside, it was Edward. He opens the door to let him in.

“How is Chris?” Edwards walks in.

“She’s nervous and jumpy, Edward.” Anthony steps aside to let Edward come in.

Edward walks into the camper slowly and back towards the Master bedroom. He knocks on the wall separating it from the rest of the camper.

“Chris, it’s Edward. Is it okay if I come in?” Edward waits till he gets the okay from Chris.

Chris checks to make sure she was covered up, before answering.

“Yes.” She watches as the door opens.

Edwards sticks his head in first and a smile appears on his face. He saw what she looked like last night when he helped tend to her injuries.

“How are you feeling?” He steps slowly over to the bed and sits down next her.

Chris looks at him and throw her arms around him and hug him. She remembered seeing him before she blacked out.

“Thank you for finding me.” She hugs him tightly.

Edward wraps his arms around her and hugs her back “you don’t need to think me, Chris. You would have done the same for me.”

“Chris, do you remember who kidnapped you?” Edward and Anthony wanted to know if it is Jimmy or not.

“I can’t recall, who it was. One minute I’m in the toilet and the next I found myself laying on the ground in the woods with my pants missing.
When I stood up, I fell back to the ground, because of the bottom of my feet hurting. I was also hurting all over from being beaten.” Edward looks towards Anthony.

“I remember you getting up and walking to the toilet. I remember seeing you staggering towards the bathroom. We all thought you had too much to drink.”

“Why did one of you guys come and check on me, when I didn’t come back from the toilet? Did you guys think I was in there playing with myself?” Chris was upset they didn’t check and stop whoever it was that took her.

Edward and Anthony could hear the anger in Chris' voice “whoever drugged you, also drugged us.”

Anthony looks towards Chris, so she could see he wasn’t lying. All of them had been drugged so that they couldn’t interfere with whoever it was that took her. He and Edward still think it’s Jimmy who did it.

Chris looks at Anthony and then Edward. She could tell that they were telling the truth.

“I’m sorry guys.” Chris should know by now Anthony would do anything for her and so would Edward. He’s been her friend since they first meet at a monster truck rally.

“It’s okay Chris. Why don’t you take it easy and we’ll look after you or do you want to go to the hospital?”

“No hospital. My injuries aren’t that serious.” Chris didn’t like hospitals.

“Okay, you stay here in the camper and we will check on you.” Edward leaves the bedroom.

Chris looks towards Anthony “can you help me to the toilet, before I pee myself?”

“I think I can do that. The last thing I need to do is take this mattress outside to dry and air out.” Anthony carries Chris from the bed to the camper’s bathroom.

He lifts her nightshirt up and set her down on the toilet “I’ll be outside the door when you're ready.” As he walks out of the bathroom.

Outside the Camper:
Bruce spots Edward coming out of Anthony and Chris’s camper “how is she?”

“She’s doing better then she was when we found her. Have you been able to locate Jimmy?” Edward wonders where he went because this
wasn’t looking good for him.

“Nothing. I called all the people I know he hangs out with, plus my mother and his mother. No one has heard from him.” Bruce didn’t know why his cousin ran off.

“How much cash does he have on hand with him?”

“A couple of hundred. He pulled out some cash before we met up with you.”

“Alright, we can go out after breakfast to see if he is at the bus station or staying nearby in a hotel.” Edward figures there is no way Jimmy could have gotten far.

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments