Burger Queen Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

Alissa, Gregory, and Tony walk with the owner of Flying Monkey Brewery. Devon White was happy that the owners of Burger Queen and Pit Pig Barbecue wanted to invest in his company microbrewery and in return, brew drinks just for their business. They were also willing to sell his brand at their businesses.

Alissa looks at the setup Mr. White had so far. All the equipment looked brand new and the way the warehouse was set-up. They could move kegs around without any problems.

“Mr. White, who regulates or inspects your facilities?” Alissa was curious.

“We are regulated by the FDA which follows the rules and regulation of the FSMA.” Devon knew the restaurants were regulated by the health department.

“So, you’re not regulated or inspected by the health department?”

“If we served food, we would be regulated by the health department. Since we only brew beers and such. We fall under the FDA.” Devon was glad they didn’t serve food.

He heard the food inspectors around Memphis were hard asses. Some of them required you to pay them or they wouldn’t clear you.

“That’s good to hear. If we decide to invest in your brewery. We would like to test the product to make sure it met our standards. Also, we will set up suppliers for the ingredients for the beers.” Alissa had come up with three other beers to go along with the apple one. One was a Peach beer and the other was a mango beer. She was experimenting with a chocolate coconut beer.

“I don’t see why you can’t taste test a run before we begin or send us your ingredients for your beers. How many beers are you thinking about?” Devon was curious as he looked towards Alissa.

“I was thinking about five of ours. One is a very special drink that will only be served at the barbecue restaurant.” Alissa was thinking about the Rattle-Skull drink.

“A special drink? What is so special about it?” Devon was curious.

“It involves ingredients from hard liquors.” Alissa figures the Rattle-Skull drink should be popular among the patrons of the barbecue restaurant.

“I would like to taste it, once we start production of it.” Devon was intrigued.

“That’s fine.” Alissa didn’t mind if he did.

Once the tour was over with and was sitting in Devon’s office. He looks at Alissa, Gregory, and Tony.

“So, what do you guys and gals think? Do we have a partnership?” Devon could really use the money in getting his brewery going.

Alissa looks at Gregory and Tony. It was going to take her life savings and money from the catering business to buy in. She wonders what the guys thought.

Tony was adding money from his saving towards the operation. He knew Alissa was putting in a large amount. He looks towards Gregory to see what he thought.

Gregory had been quietly thinking about his decision. He was investing his share of the catering business into the deal. They have been doing good with all the businesses they had going. The garage was even making a profit from the repairs and body work they had been doing. Gregory gives a little head shake to Alissa.

“Let’s go ahead and draw up the paperwork and I’ll have a check for $60,000.00 for you.” Alissa hopes their investment pays off. She was taking out some of her emergency money.

“How about we close this deal in two days?” Devon couldn’t wait to get started producing their product.

“That sounds fine.” Alissa had a catering job tomorrow.

After they finish business, the three of them head back to the Pig Pit Barbecue for lunch. Alissa orders the sampler plate which has a little of everything the restaurant served on it. She added the apple cobbler and Amish potatoes salad.

Gregory had their fiery hot barbecue made from the same sauce that they put on the wings. He also ordered onion rings to go with the sandwich.

“You are not kissing me after eating that sandwich.” Alissa knew how hot the sauce was and didn’t want to taste it second hand.

Tony just smiles as he bites into his sandwich. He ordered a mega beef barbecue sandwich. Tony not only did pork barbecue but beef as well.

“I can’t wait till; the beers are produced. How is your recipe coming for the chocolate coconut beer coming?” Tony looks over towards Alissa.

“I almost have the recipe done. So, far it has been a lot of trial and error.” Alissa hopes she has the recipe down.

After lunch, Gregory and Alissa head back to the garage to work on the meal for tomorrow’s catering job. They had to prepare for an Italian catering job for tomorrow. They stop at their favorite butcher shop to pick up the fresh veal they were going to use.

“Hi, Alissa and Gregory. What can I do for you two today?”

“We would like fifty veal cutlets. Do you have any in stock?” Alissa was hoping he did.

“Yep, I have them. What else do you need?”

“At least forty-pound beef chuck, forty pounds of pork and forty pounds of veal.” Alissa knew that was all she needed.

“Okay, give me a few minutes while I get your order ready.”

“Thanks, Taavi.” Alissa watches as he goes about getting her orders together.

Alissa looks at the other meat on display. She wanted to make something special for dinner.

“Hey Gregory, what do you think about a stew tonight for dinner or chicken and dumplings?” Alissa looks over towards Gregory.

“I figure we would just fix ourselves some from the meal we are cooking tonight?”

“We can do that.” Alissa walks over to the counter to pay for their purchases.

They head back to the van and back to the garage to start on the catering job. They work throughout the night getting everything cooked and place to be reheated later. Once the kitchen is cleaned and everything is put away, they head inside the house and up to the bedroom.

Three Days Later:
Alissa, Gregory, and Tony are in Devon White’s office. They all read over the contract and NDA agreement that their lawyer had drawn up. It needed all four of their signatures. Alissa signs first and then Gregory, Tony and finally Devon White signs it. He had already read the contract.

“Here you go, Mr. White, a $60,000.00-dollar check made out to Flying Monkey Brewery.” Alissa hands the bank check to Devon.

Devon accepts it and couldn’t believe he could finally get everything up and running. After he was done with this meeting he was going to the bank and deposit it.

“Thank you. I took the liberty to brew a big batch of our house beer for you.” As he hands over several cases of house beer.

“Thank you.” Gregory wonders if this beer taste as nice as the sample he gave them three days ago.

After the meeting, Devon heads towards the bank, while Gregory and Alissa go to check on the food truck.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not only a mice meal

but she will get you snockered too.