Allison's Pledge: Alpha Gamma Press Release

Printer-friendly version

Alpha Gamma Sorority
1175 W 16th Street
Indianapolis, IN
46224

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

REGARDING ALLISON PARSONS AND AG STANDARDS FOR MEMBERSHIP

Since the founding of our Alpha Gamma in 1871 we have made huge strides in the areas of acceptance and equality. Many of our full members, pledges, and alumni are from varying walks of life but the one standard that we have always upheld is that of female membership. A sisterhood must be formed of women who share similar interests and whom will be able to form lasting bonds. Recently in an attempt to move forward and progress our vision we put into place a pilot program where we accepted a transgender applicant, Allison Parsons and we attempted to integrate her into the Bellcrest Chapter of Alpha Gamma. Unfortunately, this did not go as planned. An altercation with another pledge led us to the conclusion that Mr. Parsons simply was not right for our organization and that he should in fact seek life elsewhere. This is not to say that we do not sympathize with her, but rather that we are now of the belief that it is best for us, and those we are charged with protecting within our organization that we restrict membership and occupancy of the houses to those who were born biologically female or at the very least those who have received the necessary sexual reassignment surgery. It is important to keep in mind that this does not indicate that we find issue with transgender women or transgender people in general, we do however believe that they would be better suited in alternative organizations.

Sincerely,

Lydia Petrello
President
Alpha Gamma Sorority

Please refer all questions and comments to:

[email protected]

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

wow...

Ah, the old twisting of the facts to make them into victims...

Let's see, they called Allison "Mr." instead of "Ms.", blame her for what happened instead of the outraged Stephanie and her transphobic lackeys. It's a load of garbage and only made them look worse.

Nope, no agenda there from AG. Nope, not trying to use "diversity" when it suits them. Nope, no "sisterhood" when it suits them.

If this wasn't fiction I'd swear it was right out of a major corporation's PR playbook.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

What ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Bitches! It will be interesting to see how they deal with all the individual defections. I imagine it won't be too long before a chapter defects.

BE a lady!

or until universities start

or until universities start to revoke charters for the organization showing it's claims of diversity and acceptance is false.

From what I gather, the school Allison goes to is a private college or university. Public ones are going to be quick in forcing the local chapters to either break from AG or face revocation of their charters with the schools. It's been done before, it's only a matter of time before AG sees it start happening to them.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

If this was real

Monique S's picture

I would publish a comment along theses lines:

If you insist on making absurd statements like this, you might want to at least get your English right!
" ... women who share similar interests and whom will be able to form lasting bonds." Really? Whom?
Ladies, this is supposed to be a press release! Go back to primary school, grow up and look at the realities of life!

Monique.

Monique S

Press release vetting.

Ummm... YIKES... Press releases from large national organizations (with deep pockets) are generally well vetted by the public relations department and legal department or in some cases, the PR firm or law firm representing the organization. This press release doesn’t have the signature fingerprints of one that had gone through the vetting process. Because of the level of scrutiny a press release would garner, (and I’m going to side step the ‘current political climate’ and couch this with a reasonable assumption of core competency) press releases are reviewed (by many hands) for content, accuracy, clarity and grammar. Blog, tweets, forum posts and the like, generally do not go through such scrutiny. That being said, somebody (maybe more) in the PR department ‘dropped the ball’ and would totally be reassigned/or ‘encouraged to succeed elsewhere’, what (generally) follows is a retraction (with some narrative about how the ‘offending document’ was inadverently released or prepared by someone ‘acting outside the authority of the organization’) and a press conference by some ‘polished’ PR person for damage control. Media reps would be on the phone immediately calling to verify if this is authentic. ‘Friendly’ news outlets would probably hint.. ‘Are you sure this is genuine?’

Hugs,
Leila

careful there

Miyata's picture

maybe should read my comment in Blog Entry #1. Because I used to drive by that address at least twice a week over 12 years ago. Unless, 'Allison', is this you?

If it is, then only you would use the name of a transmission built on 10th.

Miyata312

'Do or Do Not, There is no Try' - Yoda

Suicidal Hoof and Mouth Disease. . .

tigger's picture

You know, that's when someone.puts their hoof in their mouth . . .

And then shoots themselves in the hoof. . .err, foot.

Probably didn't even.post it to their national webpage or to their apparently nonexistent social media pages.

Tiggs

Sad commentary...

It is a sad commentary on our day and times. I am not on the side of either extreme, but those willing to take the arrows from either side. I do not believe being transgender is an extreme position, but a life position in which we find ourselves.
It is not a decision we made, but it can be something we can choose to embrace.

Hugs to you Allison, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Oh give me a break

Jamie Lee's picture

Seriously, they've made great strides in acceptance and equality, and gave Allison the boot because of something they NEVER bothered to look into?

And they're so accepting and strive for equality as long as it pertains to a genetic girl? They NEVER tried to get to know Allison. They NEVER talked with any of the girls who worked with Allison or those who were around her.

Sheesh, their minds could only become narrower if they happened to be a crack on a sidewalk.

Others have feelings too.