Police Academy Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Katlain wakes-up at two in the morning from Katherine crying. She was happy that it was the weekend. She didn’t have to report to the academy later. She walks into the nursery and check Katherine’s diaper, to make sure she didn’t need to be changed.

“Hey, what’s with the waterworks, kiddo?” As Katlin picks Katherine up out of her crib and holds her.

Katlain walks around the nursery, trying to get Katherine to go back to sleep. She sits down in her rocking chair and rocks back and fought slowly. She’s hoping that the rocking motion would put her little girl asleep.

Declan wakes up five hours later and notices Katlain wasn’t in bed. He gets up and walks into the nursery and finds Katlain sitting in the rocking chair, with a sleeping Katherine in her arms. He carefully removes Katherine from Katlain’s arms and lay her down in her crib.

Once Katherine was in her crib, he scoops Katlain up in his arms and carries her back to bed. He lays her down gently and tucks her in. He places a kiss on her cheek.

“Sleep tight my little dove.” As he quietly walks out of the bedroom and heads towards the kitchen.

He had the day off from work and he knew she did as well. He figures they would spend time together as a family. He brews some coffee for himself and grab a banana nut muffin from the ones Katlain bought on her way home last night.

While the coffee brews, he heads towards the front door to get the newspaper. He stands there and look out at the street. He has gotten into the habit of looking around, because of some of the jobs Katlain takes. He doesn’t spot anything out of the ordinary, so he heads back inside.

He grabs his coffee, muffin and sits down to read his newspaper. He glances at the clock and notices it was seven thirty in the morning. He figures Katlain will sleep till around nine or so. He knows Katherine will sleep late.

He enjoys the quietness, while he drinks his coffee and read the newspaper. He checks the sports section and notices the team he bet on, won. He’ll go by his bookie later to collect his winnings. He turns the radio on in the kitchen and listens to his favorite station.

A few hours later Katlain wakes-up and finds herself in bed. The last thing she remembered, before dozing off. She was in the nursery holding Katherine and rocking her.

She checks on Katherine first, to see how her little girl was doing. She was wide awake and looking up at the tiny animals hanging just above her.

“How is my little girl doing?” As Katlain picks Katherine out of her crib.

She checks her diaper and notices it was wet and dirty. She carries Katherine over to the changing table and changes Katherine’s dirty diaper.

“Phew, girl. What have you been eating?” Katlain was ready to throw-up from the smell.

She cleans and rediapers Katherine. She puts the dirty diaper in the trash can. She could save money by using cloth diapers, but she decided to by diapers instead. Katlain puts Katherine in one of her jumpers that Julie gave her.

“There, you are nice and dry now.” Katlain holds Katherine up before her.

Katlain could feel her breasts starting to hurt. She walks over to the rocking chair and breastfeed Katherine. She feels relief when Katherine
latches on and start suckling from her. Her breasts stop hurting her.

Once Katherine is done suckling from her. She heads towards the kitchen with Katherine in her arms.

“There’s daddy.” As Katlain walks over and kisses Declan.

Declan kisses Katlain back “morning, sweetheart.”

“Good morning. Why don’t you hold Katherine why I fix myself a cup of coffee?” As Katlain hands Katherine off to Declan.

“Come mere, angel.” As Declan accepts Katherine from Katlain.

“Thank you.” Katlain goes about fixing herself a cup of coffee and grab a blueberry muffin.

Declan held his daughter as they watched Katlain move around in the kitchen. He knew she was a grouch if she didn’t get her coffee first thing in the morning.

“So, how has your training been doing?”

“It’s going okay. We have firearm training next week, along with more defensive and offensive car driving. Plus, we learn how to shock people
with the tasers and get sprayed by pepper spray.” Katlain wasn’t looking forward to the pepper spray training.

The research she did on what to expect from it, wasn’t going to be fun. They were supposed to get sprayed, get back in their patrol car, drive around in a circle. Then get out and pretend they were chasing after a suspect. At the end, they would have the pepper spray removed from their face. She had to make sure they didn’t spray her eyes.

“Well, you should do well on the shooting test.” Declan knew his wife was pretty good with a gun.

“I have to make it look like I have never shot a gun before.” Katlain sits down across from her husband and pulls the top off her blueberry muffin.

“That shouldn’t be hard for you. Just act like an airhead.” He smirks as he tickles Katherine.

Katlain just sticks her tongue out at him. She takes a sip of her coffee and afterwards she eats her muffin. It’s rare for her and Declan to have breakfast together. She finishes her coffee and muffin.

After breakfast, Katlain and Declan take a shower together, while fooling around in the shower. Afterwards the two of them get dress and load Katherines stroller into the back Katlain’s Mustang. Katlain was driving and going the speed limit. She didn’t want to get pulled over or risk Katherine’s life.

“You know, I have never seen you drive this cautiously before, Kat.” Declan looks over towards his wife.

“I try to be careful when I have Katherine in the car. Me and you, I don’t mind speeding, but with Katherine is with us. I try to be a little more
cautious.” Katlain heads towards the Augusta Riverwalk in downtown Augusta.

As Katlain and Declan are unloading the stroller. Declan looks over towards Katlain “So, how far back does your family line go back here in Augusta?”

“Since the city was first founded by James Edward Oglethorpe. My family line is a direct descendant from one of the founding families of Augusta. I have Native American blood in me and African American blood in me. One of my great grandmothers was a slave, who had been raped by one of my great grandfather’s. I had relatives that fought for the freedom of the colonies and against each other.”

“Man sounds like your family is complicated.” Declan never knew much about Katlain’s family.

“You can say that again. Some of my relatives were pirates and sailed under Captain James Cook. Some were Confederate soldiers and
Union soldiers. You know about my mom and dad. They had to go and screw things up and be disowned by my grandfather. That’s why I have to be careful with what I do, or he’ll disown me.” Katlain didn’t want that.

Katlain took Katherine to see her grandfather and be added to the family. Since, her and Declan adopted Katherine as their daughter. She was added to the family and a trust fund was set up by her great grandfather, just like the one Katlain has.

Katlain had already set up a trust fund for her from some of the cash she had on hand. She had set one up for Declan as well, just in case she was killed. She pushes the stroller as they follow the paths in the park.

When Katherine gets hungry, they find a nice shady bench and breastfeed Katherine with a blanket covering her chest, so as not to bother people.

“If people have a problem with a mother feeding her child. They can just fuck off.” Declan couldn’t figure out why people had such a hang up.

“Most women who are mothers wouldn’t care. It’s the religious right that has a problem with it.”

“Well, they can take a long walk, off a short pier.” Declan hated the religious right people.

He hated people that blindly follow religious figures and morons in the government. He watches as Katlain straighten out the blouse she had on. Once she was covered up again and fully dress. They continue their walk through the park.

They spend most of the morning in the park. They stop at one of the local restaurants to have lunch and some ice cream. When it starts getting late in the afternoon, they head home.

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well uneventful chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

But it wont last wepons training & peper spray will be the true test. Especially the peper spray training. I bet they nail her right in the eye delebertly!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.