Avenging Angel Chap. 13

Printer-friendly version

Gypsy’s cellphone starts ringing. She pulls it out to see who was calling her. She doesn’t recognize the phone number.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Ms. Lapp, I’m Special Agent Regina Garcia with the FBI. I was wondering if I could speak to you in person about the break-in at your apartment.”

“Sure, Special Agent Regina Garcia. If you can meet me at my apartment in twenty minutes, I’ll be there.”

“I’ll meet you there, Ms. Lapp.” Regina wasn’t too far away from Gypsy’s place.

“Okay, Mrs. Garcia. I’ll see you then.” Gypsy ends the phone call.

Nathan looks over towards Gypsy since Pat was driving “what was that about?”

“My place got broken into a couple of nights ago. I had to report it to the FBI because we are under DARPA rules and regulations. I called the local police as well.”

“Sorry to hear about your place being broken into. Can I make a suggestion about the gauss rifle? Could you build a bigger round for it? The ones we are currently using isn’t going to stop whoever is using that other armor.” Nathan figures they needed something bigger to stop or damage the other armor.

“I can try to come up with something else. I need to be careful because the armor is designed to stop bullets and such. The bigger the round,
the more the armor will stop it. That’s why I use the fletches. They cut into the armor like needles.”

“Well, we need something a little bigger and with more stopping power. It’s going to take too many fletches to stop the wearer of the armor.”

“Alright, I might have a better idea in mind. Give me a couple of days to put it together.” Gypsy stands up and prepares to leave the command center.

She spotted Pat pulling into the parking lot where she lived. Just as she is exiting the command center. She stops and looks at Nathan and Pat.

“Let me know if anything comes up.”

“We will. I’m leaving the command center with Nathan just in case an emergency comes up or if that other armor attacks again.” Pat figures if that other suit attacks. Nathan could suit up and fly towards it.

“It sounds like a plan.” As Gypsy exists from the command center.

She heads up to her apartment. Gypsy checks to make sure no one has broken in. She changed the locks and added several security cameras inside and outside her apartment. They were well hidden.

Gypsy walks in and shuts the door behind her. She had the sample they took from the crime scene that she needed to analyze. She walks into her spare bedroom and looks for her microscope. She could at least try to identify what the subject is.

After ten minutes of looking, she finally finds the microscope and starts setting it up. As she is setting the microscope up, there is a knocking sound at her door.

Gypsy grabs her cellphone and presses an app. It showed a woman with dark hair and dressed in a business suit at her door. She unlocks the door and opens it.

Special Agent Regina Garcia found the apartment complex with no problems. It was a nice place and had a covered landing that the occupants could come out and watch the parking lot. She looked around, to see if any other occupant could have seen the intruder.

She noticed that the apartment across from Gypsy Lapp was empty. The neighborhood looked peaceful and well-manicured. She knocked on the door and wait for the door to be opened.

When the door opens, she sees a young teenage girl with short ash blonde hair. She had to be at least five foot tall. She was also slimmed and looked like she spent a lot of time inside. She had fair skin.

“Hi, I’m special agent Regina Garcia, you must be Gypsy Lapp.” Regina smiles at the young lady.

“Yes, I am. Please come in.” Gypsy steps aside to let Regina come into her place.

Regina walks into the apartment and notices how clean and organized it was. She hears Gypsy shut the door behind her.

“Would you care for something to drink?”

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.” Regina was amazed at how clean and organized this college student place was.

“Please have a seat.” Gypsy motions towards the recliner in her apartment, while she sits down on the sofa.

Regina sits down in the recliner. She pulls her notebook out and looks at the notes the detective shared with her.

“According to the report you filed with the police. You had come home and found your place ransacks. You said that nothing was missing at the time. Did you find anything missing when cleaned up afterward?” Regina looks at Gypsy. She looked like she was searching for something.

“Nothing was missing. The only thing that was damaged, was the prototype railgun I built to experiment with.” It was the very first one Gypsy built.

“A railgun?” Regina looks at Gypsy with a puzzled look on her face.

“I was experimenting with building a gauss rifle for the project.”

“Why would your intruder break your prototype?” Regina didn’t know what a gauss rifle was.

“Don’t know. What I was thinking they were looking for, was the design specs to the armor me and my partner are working on. Along with that subject, we might have a problem. Someone designed a suit that looks identical to the one me and my partner built.” Gypsy wonders if that was why they broke into her place.

“You mean someone is using the design you and your partner came up with?” Regina hadn’t heard anything.

“Yes, here let me show you the video.” Gypsy pulls her cellphone out and locates the video that had been recorded.

She hands her cellphone to Regina “here you go.” As she presses play.

Regina watches the video and couldn’t believe what it looked like and what it was doing. It was taking everything the cops were throwing at it and brushing it aside like they were nothing. Special Agent Regina looks at Gypsy “you and your partner think someone stole this design from you?”

“Yes ma’am, we do. That’s our design and I don’t know how they did it, either. We keep everything on our portable drives and on a central
drive. I always keep my drive with me and so does my partner. The central drive is locked in a safe at school in our lab. All the armor plates we tested for the armor were accounted for and recycle. So, we don’t know how they got the design.”

“Do you have any idea who might do something like this? Does anyone else know what you are working on?”

“There is another group at school that is working on a DARPA project, that we caught some of their drones in our lab. Also, the only other person that knows what we are working on is our test pilot, but he came in after everything was built. He also chased after the other suit.” Gypsy finds the video and shows it to her.

Regina watches as a second suit attacks and chases after the first one. She could see how these suits of armor would be perfect. They were fast and well armored.

“Have you spoken to this second team?”

“No, ma’am. We are helping the police department, in trying to stop the first suit. It has robbed two diamond exchanges so far.” Gypsy wonders if they will stop the other suit.

“Do you mind if I take a copy of these videos?” Regina wanted to have these as evidence.

“No problem. They are on YouTube.” Gypsy transfer a copy of each video to Special Agent Regina.

“Who is the officer in charge of the police department?”

“Captain Gabris. He oversees the police precinct in the area the robberies are taking place.” Gypsy felt sorry for the Captain.

“Well, I think that is all for now. If I have any more questions for you or come across anything. I’ll let you know.” Regina stands up and put her notebook away.

“Thank you for coming special agent.”

Gypsy walks special agent Regina to the door and watches as she leaves. Once special agent Regina leaves. She goes back to the sample she brought back from the crime scene to see what it was.

up
220 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Whoever is behind the

duplicate armor has real problems, as the FBI is not known for playing around.

Armor

I think who ever stole that armor design is in for a world of hurt... we can hope... great story!

Great story.

WillowD's picture

Thank you.

Rail gun

Jamie Lee's picture

That gauss rifle won't be able to stop the other suit so Gypsy needs to finish her work on that rail gun. If she gets it right, the speed of the round could be close to the speed of sound and should punch several holes through the other suit. And if she could develop a high intensity laser?

Others have feelings too.

Woops!

She didn't even check the agent's ID & credentials before talking to her. Thats just sloppy security. They need to tighten up their security quickly. Gypsy may think she knows who stole their design and built the imitation suit but that doesn't preclude the involvement of others.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin