My Week at The Lake Day 8

Printer-friendly version

When Chris wakes up from the drug that had been used on her. She hurt all over and felt sick to her stomach. She could barely move, and she had blood leaking out of her nose.

Whatever had been done to her, caused her pain every time she moved. Tears slide down her cheeks as she tries to stand. She looks at her wrist and noticed that they were red and raw. She shivers as a breeze blows by her exposed skin.

Chris tries standing but falls back down to the ground. Whoever brought her out into the woods had cut her feet and made it difficult to walk on them. She crawls on hands and knees on the path she found that she had been dragged in. Every moment was painful both physically and emotionally. She had no idea who would do this to her. The last thing she remembered was being in the women’s restroom.

She keeps following the path that had been made by whoever kidnapped her. She does stop to throw up. Whatever had been given to her, was making her extremely sick.

Once she finished throwing up, she continued to follow the path. Chris stops and lays down on the ground after two hours. Her knees were bloody from all the crawling she had been doing. All the injuries she had sustained from the beating she had been given were taking their toll on her.

Chris passes out from the pain and the drugs still in her system. She lays in the middle of the path that she had been following. Blood still seeps from the wounds that had been partially closed.

Campsite:
Jimmy had gone back to the campsite after having his fun with Chris. All the guys were still passed out from the drugs he gave them. He knew they wouldn’t be waking up till the morning time. He leaves everything where it had been when he had left and waits till the guys wake-up.

Early morning is when he hears his cousin Edward, Bruce wake-up first. The two of them look around camp and were feeling a little sick to their stomachs. Anthony wakes up a few minutes later and upchucks whatever is in his stomach. He managed to hit the firepit.

He looks around and could see everyone was feeling and looking like he felt. Anthony glances around one more time but doesn’t see Chris anywhere.

“Where is Chris?” Anthony sucks it up and looks inside the camper they shared.

He doesn’t see her in there. He comes back out and looks around the camp for her.

“Did anyone see, Chris, come back from the toilet last night?”

“No, I don’t think she came back last night.” Jimmy was playing it like he had been affected as well.

“Let me go and see if she is still in the toilet.” As he starts walking towards the restroom across from them.

“I’m coming with you, Anthony.” Edward runs after Anthony.

He was still feeling the effects of whatever drug they had been given. Something wasn’t right here. First Chris was given a drug and now all of
them. Someone among them was doing things on purpose.

Anthony walks into the women’s restroom and spots the shorts Chris wore the other day. Her shorts and the panties she had on were laying on the floor in the stall she had been in. He walks into the stall and picks them up.

“These are her panties and shorts. Now, where is Chris?” Anthony looks towards Edward because he had followed Anthony into the women’s restroom.

“That’s a good question. Why would someone drug all of us and take her?” Edward was curious.

“I don’t know, but they couldn’t get out of here without following the paths to the road in the dark. The gates are locked after sundown.” Anthony had done his homework when he chose this campsite.

That means they would have to carry her up some of the switchbacks. That would take almost all night to do.”

“Let’s check some of the paths.” Anthony and Edwards head back towards the campsite.

They see Bruce and Jimmy cleaning the place up. Anthony looks towards Jimmy and wondering why he wasn’t feeling the after-effects of whatever drug had been used on them.

“Bruce, someone has taken Chris. I don’t know who or why, but someone has taken her. Edward and I are going to go and see if we can find her. She might still be somewhere around these woods or pathway.”

“Alright, take one of the walkie talkies with you, so we can keep in touch.” Bruce wonders who it could be drugging them.

Edward grabs a walkie talkie and a first aid kit just in case she is hurt, and a backpack filled with water bottles. He looks towards Anthony “why don’t you grab a pair of her shorts as well. She might be naked since we found her shorts in the bathroom.”

“Good idea.” Anthony goes inside the camper and grabs a pair of panties and shorts for Chris.

Once he has them, he stuffs them in the backpack. He puts the backpack on and starts heading out to find Chris. Edward follows him as the two of them go and look for Chris.

When they are away from the campsite “who do you think it is, Anthony?”

“I think Jimmy is doing this. First Chris gets sick yesterday after receiving her stew from him and then it seems he drugged our food last night.
Also, he didn’t seem too effective by whatever was used on us.” Anthony was going over what he saw when he looked around this morning.

“What do you mean? You empty your stomach into the firepit. I felt like crap and I know Bruce did as well because he was slurring and stumbling around.” Edward had seen Bruce stumbled.

“Right, but did Jimmy seem affected by whatever was used on us? Did you see him stumbling or slurring his words or even throwing up as I did?” Anthony glances at Edward.

Edward had to think about what Anthony said and had to agree, that Jimmy hadn’t done any of that. But, why would he go to the extreme on poisoning them and hurting, Chris? Why did Jimmy have such a hatred towards Chris? Chris has never done anything to anyone and knew how much of a hard life Chris has had. She was lucky that Anthony’s parents took her in and raised her as their daughter.

For the next three hours, Anthony and Edward check the trails looking for Chris. Anthony was sure that whoever took Chris, would have to have taken one of the trails to get to the highway. As they were taking the last trail back to camp. Edward spotted a path and decided to check it out. It looked like someone had been dragged on the ground. He could feel Anthony behind him as they followed the path.

“CHRIS!” As Edward and Anthony run towards Chris unconscious form.

“Move her carefully.” Anthony could see someone had beat her badly with a strap or something.

She had marks all over her body and legs. Some of the wounds she had come reopened and were slowly bleeding. Anthony checks her pulse, notices she was still alive.

“We need to get her back to camp right away.”

“Who would do this to her?” As Edward picks Chris unconscious form up off the ground.

“I can carry her, Edward.” Anthony looks towards his friend with Chris in his arms.

“I got her. Let’s get her back to camp.” Edward starts heading back the way they came.

Anthony follows and was concerned about Chris. If Jimmy did this to her, so help him that he would return the favor back to him. Chris has suffered enough.

It takes them about half-n-hour to get back to camp. Edward takes Chris into her and Anthony’s camper. He strips her out of the ruined shirt she was wearing.

“Anthony, boil some water. I need hot water to clean her injuries. Also, my paramedic bag is in the back of my SUV. Grab that as well.” Edward was a volunteered paramedic.

Anthony rushes from his camper towards Edwards SUV. He opens it and grabs the bright orange paramedic bag from Edwards vehicle.

“Is there anything I can do to help, Anthony?” Bruce had seen the two of them running into camp and into Anthony’s camper.

“Yes, boil up some hot water for me.” He heads back into the camper.

Bruce grabs one of their large pots and rushes over to the water spigot and fill the pot. He looks around for Jimmy but doesn’t see him. Once the pot was filled with cold water. He takes back over and uses the two-burner propane stove to heat the water up.

Edward cleans the wounds with what he had on hand. He looks towards Anthony.

“Grab me that bottle of whiskey we started last night.”

Anthony rushes out of the camper and looks around for the whiskey they had started drinking. He spots it and takes inside “here.”

“Thanks.” Edwards accepts it and starts using it to clean Chris’s wounds.

Anthony stands back and watches as Edward tends to Chris’s injuries. He wishes he knew more in order to help Chris. After about twenty
minutes, there is a knock on the door.

Anthony opens the door and opens it. He spots Bruce holding a pot of boiling water.

“Here’s the hot water.”

“Thanks.” As Anthony takes the pot and sets it down.

Bruce sticks his head in “is she going to be okay?”

“She should be, Bruce. I don’t think we need to rush her to a hospital yet.” Edward had washed all the dirt and dry blood off Chris.

“I would like to catch the sob who did this to Chris. She’s never done anything to anyone to deserve this type of punishment or hurt.” Anthony was ready to kill whoever hurt his friend.

Anthony helps Edward clean and bandage Chris. Edward swore when he saw that Chris’s feet had been cut. The cuts weren’t too bad and wouldn’t need stitches

“That’s all I can do for her. The rest is up to her.” Edward starts picking up all the gauze and such that he used to clean Chris’s body.

Anthony tucks Chris in. He wanted whoever did this to her. He walks out of the camper and over to the ice chest and grabs a beer. He spots Bruce fixing some dinner and Edward cleaning his hands.

“Where’s Jimmy?” Anthony didn’t see him anywhere around.

“Don’t know. I haven’t seen him since you brought Chris back.” Bruce wonders where he had gone off too.

“Well, I want to talk with him.” Anthony chugs a beer down and when he finishes that one. He grabs a second one.

“I’m making some beef stew for dinner. Do you think Chris will be up to eating some?”

“I don’t know. Hopefully, she’ll wake up soon.” Anthony sits down and watches Bruce fix dinner.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I think jimmy is

going to have a lifetime of bad days in his future both near an far.

Chris

Podracer's picture

is going to need some real close support when she comes round - and some very alert friends watching out for her.

"Reach for the sun."

They know

Anthony for sure knows Jimmy was behind this, cannot wait for that little douche to get his ass beat.