Doorway to Amaru Meru Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Doorway to Amaru Meru

Part 5 of 8

Amaru.jpg

Saurel moved towards me and held two objects, one in each hand. One was a collar like the one Sharian was wearing and the other was a silver orb.

“We refuse to recognize you as High Priestess, Aila, as you have shown yourself to be in alignment with our enemy.” He held up the orb in his right hand. “This is the orb of regeneration. It has never been used in the history of the Amaru Meru. It can counter the magic of the High Priestess allowing us to safely end your life and force the regeneration of a new High Priestess.” He held up the collar in his other hand. “This collar will allow you to live, but it will constantly absorb your magic rendering you as any underage citizen without magic. You have a choice, Aila. Death or servitude.”

“I need you, Beor!”

“I’m coming, Aila. Because of our binding, the orb cannot affect you. Your magic is now different than any other High Priestess.”

This gave me confidence and I took a step towards Saurel. I stretched out my hand and willed the orb into it. Saurel’s eyes went wide with fear as the orb flew into my hand. I was a little surprised myself.

“You will remove Sharian’s collar. Now!”

Saurel looked like he had taken a blow to his head. “How…?”

I could feel Beor’s presence. Suddenly, the roof of the room imploded as Beor crashed through it and flew down to land next to me.

“Meet my companion, Beor.”

“This… This has never occurred before…” Saurel fell to his knees and everyone else followed suit. “Forgive us, High Priestess Aila.”

“I can forgive what you would do to me, but I’m not sure I can forgive what you have done to Sharian. There is no man with as much honor as him. I don’t believe he would ever put Twuilhe lives at risk.”

“But he bears the mark…”

Having a dragon at your back would be enough to make anyone confident.

“Enough, Saurel! It was Master Sharian that appeared to me when I came of age to protect me from drawing too much dark magic. He put himself at risk while you refused to help him. I’m certain there is a perfectly good explanation for the mark had you been willing enough to listen.”

I slipped the orb into a pocket of my dress, walked over to Sharian, and placed my hand on his cheek. The magic rose within my fingers as I grabbed the collar and watched it fall apart in my hands. I then willed healing into Sharian and watched as even his burn mark dissolved away.

Sharian’s eyes finally focused on mine and then turned to see Beor behind me. He smiled at me before turning angrily to Saurel.

“You wouldn’t listen to me, Master Saurel. I took the mark as well as the other abuse by Vikold to prove I was trustworthy to him. I did this so I could be close to Aila when she returned.”

I walked over to Saurel and looked down upon him. “When I first arrived, I believed the Twuilhe to be good and Viangi to be evil. What you’ve proven to me today is that evil can exist in either faction. I came here to find balance and all I’m leaving with is disillusionment.”

He looked up at me. “What would you have of us, High Priestess Aila?”

“Find a way to redeem yourselves.” I turned to Sharian. “Would you come with me?”

“Always.”

Beor lowered his massive neck and I slid up onto it before pulling Sharian up behind me. With a mighty downward thrust of his wings, we flew up and out of throne room.

“Where are we heading, Aila?”

“Someplace safe… Is there somewhere I could go to learn more?”

“The dragon temple has an ancient archive.”

“Then let’s go there, Beor.”

Beor banked and we headed upriver.

“Now I understand why you were hesitant to tell me what your companion was. I failed you, Aila. I’m sorry.”

“No. It’s my fault. I should never have left you last night.”

I felt Sharian’s arms pull me a little tighter against him. It felt wonderful.

“Where are we heading?”

“To the dragon temple near the entrance of the Valley of the Chosen. There’s an archive there.”

“Why do you want to go to an archive?”

“Perhaps we might find something there that can help guide me as to what to do next.”

“After your show of force, I’m certain you could have stayed in Yalshema.”

“After threatening to kill me and have you killed? I think my welcome was rather worn out. What happened to you?”

“After you left the feast, I was taken by Master Saurel to be questioned for my disobedience. I wasn’t expecting an easy time, but I had nothing to hide. That’s when they snuck up behind me and put on the collar. I was at least somewhat numb by the negation of my magic to feel the physical beating.”

“Why would they do that?”

“They’re afraid, Aila. The Great Culling left them broken and anything Viangi is suspected. Over the years, there have been several spies that caught the Twuilhe off guard. Now they take no chances.”

I slipped my hand into Sharian’s and felt the same spark as before. “Are you doing that?”

“Not intentionally. The first day I remember feeling it was when I tackled you in the meadow. It’s why I gave you the flower. I’ve always felt our being together was meant to be.”

“All my life I struggled to commit to a relationship. I don’t like being away from you, Sharian.”

“The feeling is quite mutual.”

***

Beor descended onto the temple platform some five hundred feet above the river. What couldn’t be seen from the valley floor was the vast and extensive cavern and entrance to the dragon temple.

I climbed down and stroked the mighty dragon’s cheek. “Thank you, Beor.”

“You are bound to me and thus not a threat to the other dragons that reside here, but Sharian is not. He should stay near you for his own protection.”

I smiled as several young dragons hissed at Sharian. “I think I can handle that.”

“Beor tells me you should stay close to me, Sharian. The dragons see me as one of their own because of Beor.”

“And I’m happy to stay close to you.”

“I’m sure I’ll never fully know or understand all that you went through over the years for my benefit.” I took his hand in mine and leaned in close to kiss his cheek then produced a violet flower to give to him. For all the magic I had at my fingertips, I was still frightened by his possible response.

He took the flower and slipped it into my hair. “To one a flower is given, to one a choice needs to be made.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“The one receiving the flower of love and commitment has a choice to make. They must choose to accept the giver or reject him.”

“I didn’t know…”

“Now you do.”

“If I accept the giver, what does that mean?”

“It means you give of yourself to them forever.”

“I just gave you a flower and you gave it back to me. What does that signify?”

“It means that I’ve already accepted you.”

“Since when?”

“Since the meadow.”

“For all these years, you’ve waited for my response?”

“Yes, and I’ll continue to wait until you’re ready.”

To accept Sharian would be to deny everything that I had been for most of my life. I wasn’t certain yet. “How long will you wait?”

“For you?”

I nodded.

“Forever.”

“Are you certain you’re not just enamored with the memory of a little girl from so many years ago?”

“I was enamored with her then and I still am. I was magically chosen, yet we both have free will to decide for ourselves.”

I stared into his eyes and took his hand in mine. “I suppose touching me is something forbidden?”

“Yes, but we live in strange times.”

I laughed. “You think these are strange times? I just found out I’m supposed to be High Priestess of a world, leader of a people I never knew existed, and there’s magic and dragons flying around. You should see things from my perspective. Strange is an understatement.”

“Worlds. You’re the High Priestess of many worlds. I just don’t want you to be incorrect in your assessment of the situation.”

“Fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear… Shall we see what this archive is all about?”

***

I had expected a vast room filled with rows upon rows of dusty leather-bound books and scrolls. What I discovered was that an archive of the Amaru Meru was closer to a magical YouTube than a library. There were walls with markings to touch that would display lifelike images of events and chairs to sit in to select virtual documents from the air in front of you.

Of course, Sharian was right at home except for the odd dragon I had to shoo away from him. I didn’t even know what to look for or where to start.

Sharian was a big help and guided me through the process of how to search and perform research.

“Stand here, Aila.”

I stood where Sharian pointed and faced a blank wall of stone.

“Wave your hand towards the wall and think of an event, person, or object.”

The weight of the orb in my pocket guided my thoughts as I waved my hand and sought an answer to the orb that could take away a High Priestess’ power. The wall shimmered, and images began to appear along with hovering writings. The images were of the creation of the orb and the writing gave historical background.

“The images appear to be actual events, Sharian. I guess I’m used to seeing someone’s interpretation of the events leading up to how and why the orb was created.”

“All our archives are like this. Nothing was left to chance. We never wanted someone to relay history, we wanted to see it firsthand.”

“That wouldn’t go over so well on Earth. Everyone has an opinion on what should have happened and what did happen. How did these get recorded?”

“Most of what I’ve seen here are convergence recordings. There are events that are publicly recorded, and they are stored in the various archives around Amaru Meru. What we see here seem to be from magical convergence. When major events happen that involve a lot of magic, the images are stored as if recorded from the eyes of the individuals participating. What’s interesting about the creation of the orb, is we’re seeing it through the eyes of the High Priestess at the time. Masters of Viangi and Twuilhe are also visible and together they created the orb. The image of the document represents the agreement that was spoken and bound into the orb. It says the orb was created to protect the worlds from an evil High Priestess.”

“Knowing how much power I feel, I can understand why they would create such a device. What other kinds of recordings might we see?”

“How about your binding to Beor?” Sharian waved his hand and the images changed. It was as if I was reliving my time on the stone platform as beasts came to me one after the other.

“That’s a little frightening to think I’m being recorded.”

“Companion binding of a High Priestess would involve much magic and would be captured.”

“What about my parents? Would they be in here somewhere?”

“Try it.”

I thought of my parents and waved my hand and an image of several people appeared. I wasn’t positive, but it looked like the temple where the gateway to Earth was located. At least six people stood around a little girl dressed in an iridescent gown. A beautiful woman I recognized as my mother placed the ring necklace around my neck. Everyone began chanting and before my eyes, the girl changed into a little boy. The gateway then opened, and my father wept as he hugged the boy and told him to walk into the gate. I could see my mother hesitate and look back at my father with tears in her own eyes, when suddenly chaos erupted within the temple. Fire exploded everywhere and my parents and other Twuilhe began to burn.

I turned away from the images and wiped at my tears. Sharian was instantly at my side.

“I’m sorry, Aila. I’ve not seen this myself.”

“I should have known better. The spell they placed upon me made me forget about Amaru Meru. I understand it was for my own good, but seeing them… I look at the images like watching a movie of someone else. I was that little girl. Those were my parents…”

Sharian took my hand. “Enough of this for the day. I believe there are rooms here for us to use. Besides, I can’t get to them without you by my side. The dragons think I’m a nice snack.”

***

I was numb from seeing the images. I have vague memories of the day I was found on Earth. They were the earliest memories I could remember apart from my dreams.

Sharian led me through the temple and secured a door behind us with a magic lock. Once he felt like the coast was clear of dragons in the area, he relaxed a little and sat us both down on a large bed.

“I’ll sleep over there, Aila. You take the bed.”

Sharian stood to leave and I grabbed his hand. I felt the same sparks as before that filled my entire body with warmth. “The bed is large. Please stay.”

“It’s not acceptable…”

“I’m not asking you to make love to me, Sharian, just to be with me. I don’t wish you to be uncomfortable and I’ve got no one left… You’re the only person on two worlds I know and trust.”

Still he hesitated.

I stood and faced him. “I’m afraid, Sharian.”

“You’re the most powerful person in all the worlds. What could you be afraid of?”

“I’m afraid this is all a dream; that I’ll wake up and find myself back on Earth. I’m afraid if this is all real, that I’ll never live up to being High Priestess. I’m afraid that if I make a wrong decision, it will destroy many lives.”

“That’s a lot to be afraid of. This isn’t a dream, Aila. If you fear making decisions, you’ll immobilize yourself.” He smiled and tapped my head gently with his finger. “You’ve got too much going on up here. Stop thinking with your brain and analyzing everything and start thinking with your heart. There is goodness in you, Aila.”

Sharian’s nearness was overwhelming. My head told me I was a fool and nothing I did was right, but my heart told me I couldn’t live without Sharian. My brain said I didn’t know him, and my heart said I’ve known him all my life.

“Then I’m going to trust my heart and make a decision. I accept the giver. I yield myself to you, Sharian. I surrender my heart and my foolish brain for I’ve never felt anything so strong in all my life. More powerful than magic or dragons is the love I’ve felt for you all my life; hidden behind my loss of memories was a connection that has bound my fate to you and kept my heart from straying.”

Sharian’s hands cupped my face and his lips pressed against mine. I yielded to the stirring within me and pressed up against his body. The magic sparks that danced between our lips drew forth an unquenchable passion from the very depths of my soul.

When we parted, I knew without a doubt that this was what it was like to be kissed by your soul mate.

“I guess that solves the question where you will be sleeping tonight.”

Sharian stroked my cheek with his hand. “It certainly does. The couch looks comfortable enough.”

“What?”

“If I sleep with you in that bed, I’ll not be able to control myself. There are reasons we can’t… Not until you fully ascend.”

“You’re kidding me… That’s eleven days from now.”

“There are reasons for this. Some are traditional and make no sense at all, but others have real consequences. When you ascend, your magic stabilizes and locks. There will be no more chances to sway your magical leaning. Being Lioca, our mating would severely imbalance you towards light magic. By accepting me and giving of your heart, we are bound spiritually and magically, but we must wait to be bound physically.”

“I’ve never felt anything like this before, Sharian. Eleven days… This is going to be torture.”

***

It certainly had been torture trying to sleep. My heart and body yearned for Sharian’s touch and knowing he was in the room nearby made it impossible to sleep. I contemplated whether there were physical, spiritual, or genetic differences between the Amaru Meru people and those on Earth or if magic somehow created a bond deeper than anything I had ever experienced before. There had been times in my relationship with Samantha that I thought I loved her, but nothing could come close to what I felt with Sharian.

After Sharian had awakened and we found a source of food and water, we sat and discussed what needed to happen next. The discussion was often interrupted by snuggling and kissing.

“Tell me a little more about the milestones, Sharian.” My fingers were entwined with his and I leaned into him as we sat on a couch together.

“You recall the caste levels?”

“Onal, Senal, Master and Manu, and then the anomalous me, High Priestess.”

“Everyone has the first milestone, called awakening. This happens two days prior to their tenth birthday. You arrived on your awakening milestone as it was prophesied. Awakening is very much like it means; your spirit opens itself to magic and for most people the two days from awakening to their birthday are often filled in isolation, meditation, and self-reflection. The second milestone follows two days later with the tenth birthday. This is called the gathering. Onals don’t have any other milestones after their gathering. For the rest of us, on the third day after our gathering, we then travel into the Valley of the Chosen to gain our animal companion. That third milestone is called the binding. Masters then must wait five days for the fourth milestone, or enlightenment as it is called. Enlightenment confers upon a Master or High Priestess their title, but this is more than just being given a title, something happens magically that defines their sphere of influence. Finally, for a High Priestess, the fifth milestone comes eight days later. This is called ascension and magically ratifies all the powers and authority of the High Priestess.”

“It all sounds so complicated. On Earth, you’re considered an adult at the age of twenty-one years and you usually just go out to a bar to get drinks.”

“You’re not allowed to drink before then?”

I laughed. “I meant drinking alcohol, a substance that affects your body like a drug.”

“You purposefully drug yourself on your birthday? That seems a bit odd.”

“You’re right. It is. I guess my enlightenment milestone is tomorrow. Is it as painful as the gathering?”

“No. However, a High Priestess’ milestones have always been attended by leaders from both factions. Sadly, this won’t be the case for you. Nothing about your ascension has been right. Your life would have been so much better had Vikold not tried to take power.”

I considered that for a moment. “Maybe if everything was as it should have been, then I wouldn’t have been the same person I am now. My experiences have made me who I am. I bet Saurel would have been happier if I was brought up under the scrutiny of Twuilhe guidance.”

“We can’t speculate on what could have been, just what is. I’m very pleased with how you turned out.”

“You can thank my Earthly parents for that. They were both very special people.”

“One day I would like to meet them.”

“They’re both dead. Mom died in a car accident a month ago. I miss her.” My hand absentmindedly went to my neck. “You know, it’s funny. After my mom died, she had left me some things that were kept in a safe place. It was the first time I remember seeing the ring necklace outside of my dreams. I know it is part of being a High Priestess, but it reminds me of my mom. I hate that Vikold still has it.”

“Every High Priestess has worn it.”

“What’s the significance of it?”

“I don’t know, but we’re in the right place to find out.”

***

Once we were back in the archive, I waved my hand towards the wall and thought about the ring necklace. The images that came forth were confusing. A High Priestess would be wearing the necklace and the ring, and they would be before an open gate. Other images showed the High Priestess wearing the necklace at her time of ascension and the necklace was glowing brightly. After about an hour of seeing images, it was Sharian that began putting it all together.

“Do you notice the beads on the necklace? One of the beads seemed to be glowing as well as the gem on the ring when the image shows an open gate.”

“I don’t see the significance of that.”

“Count the beads.”

“I see twenty-one.”

“One bead for each gate…”

We scrolled through the images again and different beads glowed with different gates.

“I can see the correlation about the number of beads to gates, but I’m still not sure what it all means.”

“Our history tells us that we used to travel back and forth through the gates far more frequently than we do now. I believe what we’re seeing is the ring and necklace powering the gates. I suspect that whomever has the ring and necklace can open the gates at will without having to wait for the timing of celestial events.”

“Do you think Vikold knows this?”

“I doubt it, but I’m sure he believes there is much power in them. That’s why he took them from you. Eventually he may figure it out. I’m more concerned about the other images as the ring and necklace may be a requirement for your ascension. Vikold might understand that and is keeping them from you so you can’t ascend, or you eventually come to him playing into his hands.”

“I’m less worried about ascending then him figuring out he can freely move from world to world. He’s evil and power hungry. He could destroy everything and anyone in his path in those worlds without magic. I need to get it back.”

“No, Aila. It’s too dangerous.”

“I don’t understand, Sharian. Am I not High Priestess? Can’t I just swoop in and burn the place to the ground?”

“You’re not invulnerable. Magical attacks would do little against you, but physical attacks can still kill you.”

“What good am I then?”

“I think you misunderstand your role, Aila. Yes, you have more magic than anyone else, but that was used to establish authority. The High Priestess leads our people and has the final say when agreement can’t be reached. You’re not a war goddess.”

“A man on Earth once said that all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. We can’t leave that power in the hands of Vikold. Do you know what happens if a High Priestess doesn’t ascend?”

“I think there is a possibility that without the necklace during ascension the High priestess might regenerate. You would lose all your power and authority. I don’t know for certain as I don’t see any examples of ascension without the ring necklace.”

“I don’t care about the power or authority, Sharian. But if what you suggest is true, then the worlds will be without a High Priestess for another ten years. There will be no one to stand against Vikold. Right now, I have power. I should take the chance to protect the lives of everyone.”

“You would be playing right into Vikold’s hands. The Twuilhe leaders will refuse to help and the two of us alone… I can’t risk your life, Aila. Not after I just got you back.”

My heart broke seeing the sadness in Sharian’s eyes. I reached for him and kissed him. “You’ll never lose me. I promise.”

***

The next day Sharian had prepared a small ceremony for my fourth milestone of enlightenment. I’m not exactly sure how he did it, but when he led me to the middle of the temple Beor and the other dragons were waiting in a circle. I stood in the center of the circle and felt rather foolish.

Sharian knelt on one knee in front of me and held up a violet flower. “On this auspicious day and in front of these witnesses, I commit myself to you, High priestess Aila. I will be your protector and lover no matter what the circumstances our lives may take us.”

Sharian must have known the timing exactly, as at that moment I felt a rush of magical energy pour through me. I felt different, more confident than ever before.

“Two things are happening here, Aila. You just received your enlightenment and now Sharian is awaiting your public response to his offer. Take the flower, High Priestess Aila.”

I glanced at Beor and winked before dropping to my knees before Sharian. Taking the flower from his hand, I placed it into my hair.

Sharian looked a little flustered. “The High Priestess never kneels to anyone, especially to me.”

“This High Priestess will always kneel to the man that has my heart. I accept you, Sharian, and I also commit to you to be your protector and lover no matter what the circumstances our lives my take us.”

Sharian pulled me up and kissed me. “Did you feel it? The moment of your enlightenment?”

“I felt the magic course through me for my enlightenment and I also felt my heart flooded with love from my betrothed.”

***

It had been a simple ceremony, but it was profound to me. We spent the rest of the day snuggling, talking, kissing, and fighting our urges to do more.

It was late when I finally heard Sharian’s deep, rhythmic breathing. I got up and slipped out into the temple. Beor was waiting for me.

“I feel like a horrible person, Beor.”

“Your decision will not be without great pain and suffering, but I believe it is the right choice.”

“If something happens to me, will you protect Sharian and take him where he needs to be?”

“Yes.”

I glanced back towards the door and everything I held dear. It was for him that I chose this path. I climbed up onto Beor’s neck and we flew from the dragon temple towards the gate to Earth.

***

Beor deposited me close to the temple. I remembered enough of the layout to get back to my old room, the main Earth gate area, and I had a suspicion as to where Vikold might stay. The jungle at night was more ominous as the moons cast multiple shifting shadows. Everything but my confidence level was much higher than before.

It wasn’t long before I reached the temple and touched the mark to grant me access inside. I was now kicking myself for not keeping the Viangi outfit as my white dress was easy to spot in the dark hallways.

I crept slowly through the temple, my ears straining to hear the slightest sound. As I moved further into the structure, hallways became lit and I was nearing places where there was more activity.

I was about to move into another hallway when the wall behind me vanished.

“You!”

I felt a firm grip on my wrist and my arm tingled with someone’s magic as I spun around. Syette’s dark eyes bored into mine. Her fire magic doing little to me. I put my hand over her mouth and pushed her back into her room and up against a wall.

“You’re no match for me now, Syette. One shout from you and I’ll leave you in pieces on the floor. Do you understand?”

Syette nodded and I slipped my hand from her mouth to her neck. I let my magic dance there just enough so she could feel it.

“Where did Vikold put my ring necklace?”

“You’ll never get it.”

I raised my magic enough to make her feel it even more. “That’s not an answer to my question.”

Syette squirmed beneath my touch. “It’s in his chambers. Down the hallway to the intersection, turn right, and at the end of that hall is his room. You won’t make it out of here.”

I altered my magic and willed Syette into a deep sleep. I marveled at my ability to use magic and how easily it came to me. I considered changing into some of her clothes, but with the hallways lit, it would make little difference. Looking down on Syette, I didn’t wish her harm. She was of Amaru Meru and maybe she could be redeemed.

Slipping back into the hallway, I turned the corner and made my way as quickly and quietly to the room Syette claimed to be Vikold’s. I touched the marker and cringed feeling a magical lock on it. It took no more than a moment to use my magic to unlock the door and open it, but my time was rapidly running out. I could sense danger and trouble and it was very likely that my forcing the lock would be made known by the person that put it on in the first place.

I stepped into the dark room with only small amounts of moonlight coming in from the window. This was a large, lavish room filled with luxurious furniture and tapestries. In the far corner of the room I spotted a desk with a black box on it. A mirror hung above the desk and my moonlit reflection looked rather ghostly to me.

The box beckoned me, and I walked over to the desk and slowly lifted the lid of the box. The ring necklace glittered before me. I reached for it but paused. Something wasn’t right. I turned around to find nothing behind me. Turning back to the mirror, I glanced once again at my reflection. A flicker of something caught my eye and then Vikold’s face appeared next to mine. Before I could do anything, his teeth sank deep into my neck. Fire burned through my veins and I screamed in agony.

***

End of Part 5

Thank you for taking the time to read this section of my story. Normally, I write complete stories, but I was lured by the January Reader Retention Contest to write a complete story as a series. The contest counts the kudos and reads, so if you liked this part, please offer a kudos.

This story is a complete novel made up of eight parts. I plan to post one part every two days so watch for part 6 coming January 11th.

As always, I love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or send me a message.

Casey Brooke

up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good job she's bound to Beor.

Monique S's picture

I hope her resistance against Vikold isn't going to be too painful for her.

Amazing story telling again, Casey.

Love,
Monique.

Monique S

Dragon magic

I think and hope the dragon magic she has will prevent her from being controlled by his bite. Hopefully she turns the tables on Vikold and is unaffected by the control of the bite.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

eek! cliffhanger!

I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat till the next chapter

DogSig.png

Cliff hanger!

Very good, now you've got me on pins and needles 'til the next episode airs!

OH MY GOODNESS

I hope the dragon magic in her can help her resist Vikold’s bite... this is so intense! I can’t wait to read the next one!

I wonder

Is her magic powerful enough to travel back into Vikold through the bite to control him? Great cliff hangers there, Casey!

A double mix of magic

BarbieLee's picture

Vikold has taken a bite of more than he can swallow. The problem with these people is they have been reading their own press and starting to believe it. Sure he killed a High Priestess before when he murdered Aila's parents but..., She wasn't infused with dragon blood and dragon magic. Magic this world has never experience before.
The story telling has the setting, the dialog, and the action, the script is nice and tight.
Well done.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Fire magic versus dragon

I'm thinking the dragon fire magic might be just a few hundred times stronger than that puny human equivalent. Just my guess and I love this story even if waiting for the next chapter is extremely hard. Best wishes for contest!

WOW! Cliffhanger part 5...

Well my take on this cliffhanger is that it won't be the dragon magic that saves her from Vikold's bite but it will be the Orb in her dress pocket .Vikold will escape maybe with the Orb.Aila will ascend to her full power with the help of necklace & ring.Vikold not known of her animal companion Beor + her having the powerful dragon magic will plan 1 more attempt to grab power only to feel the full power of Aila's magic....or there again I maybe miles off the authors storyline.... really enjoying this story as I do all your stories..

Lillian

Bite???

My goodness I hope its not a poisonous bite. That would be devious.
If it is maybe, it will have the opposite effect and he will be poisoned by the dragon magic.
This is such a good story I hate the wait till the next chapter.

Will

This will

not end well for Vlad.

Is he stupid, or what?

Aine Sabine's picture

Master, High Priestess! Come on her powers should protect her. He should know that. And that's not counting her Dragon magic.

Wil

Aine

It's hit the fan now

Jamie Lee's picture

Sharian is going to be angry that Aila left without him, and went back to the tempke.

Vikold thinks his bite will allow him to now control Aila, but he has no idea she is bonded to Beor, a dragon. If the orb had no affect on Aila because of dragon magic, might dragon as protect her from the bite of a rabid dog?

And how surprised will that rabid dog be if dragon magic protected Aila and he realizes he can't controller her? Or if maybe huge claws suddenly grab him?

Others have feelings too.