Just Like Auntie - ep1

Printer-friendly version

DISCLAIMER: These are not real events, these are indeed story's

This is also my first time publishing so have at it and feel let me know how I'm doing.

Ep2/3 is where things get interesting

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Well let's start with the normal boring introduction. I've always detested hair cuts, the whole sitting in a chair while someone you don't know takes clippers to your head, didn't go down well I guess. This meant I left my reddish-orange hair to grow out a lot, I never properly cared for it so it had formed thick curls that knotted badly keeping my hair from draping down below the neck.

I have a large family, 4 aunts and 4 uncles. I never saw much of most of my uncles or aunts, I was shy so avoided most people in general, however I was somewhat okay with auntie Tanya who was about 8 years older than me. She lived with my nan who paid no attention whatsoever, we went to my nans at least twice a week so us younger ones always had to find a way to ocupuy ourselves.

I had just started highschool. I had finished a usual day of school gone home and then off down the road to my mans house. As usual my mum and nan sat at the table and did some catching up as we had been on holiday for 3 weeks. My aunt had came down and having not seen her in 3 weeks all she had to say was "Hey, blimey you need a haircut". I just ignored the comment and kicked off my shoes in the Hallway before going in.

There is a lot of junk in their house, old picture frames and ornaments. It was always funny seeing pictures of my aunts and uncles when the were younger, one picture was recently changed so I paused and looked it over. It was a picture of my aunt with my cousin in thier ballet outfits from when my aunt was about my age. My aunt seeing this said "That seems like ages ago. You gave me an idea, come on".

With nothing else to do I just followed her Upstairs into her room, I know she can be a bit crazy so I think it's best on to ask questions and just follow. Her room was a mess so the only decent place to sit was on the chair at her desk. "Here sit down" I just sat down. "Your hairs a mess sinse your holiday and it's grown a lot too, Shame my hair can't grow as fast as that" and with no knolage about hair I just nod along and pay no attention to what she's on about.

"Want me to neaten it up for you?". This would actually be helpful as my hair has knotted a lot over the holidays in the pool. My hair looked like a mop. She took out a brush and attempted to brush out the knots but stopped as I yelped in pain due to the knots not moving. "Sorry, just brushing it isn't going to cut it, to the batthrooom!"

I go into the bathroom and she asks me to put my head over the bath. Before I know it she's got the shower down and is soaking my hair. All I could do was close my eyes to stop the water going in my eyes. I could smell strawberrys and then had a cold squirt of something in my hair, before she massaged it all through my hair. This was unusual sensation but I felt so tired and drowsy as she massaged it through my hair. She just washed it off and then sat me up. "There, you can open your eyes now" , I opened my eyes and all I could say was "okay" followed by a yawn. She tried again with the brush and with a lot of tugging my hair brushed out quite nicely. I never realised just how long my hair was, normally it was one big mess but now it was all seperated and hung down to my shoulders.

My aunt let out a squal and said I looked just like my cousin. "Hold still" she grabbed my fringe and pulled it right to the back of my head where she began pulling it around in different directions. She stopped for a second and I thought she was done, I was wrong she just started pulling on more of my hair on the same side. After a few minutes of this my scalp felt like it had been put on fire as my hair has been pulled so tight. She grabbed a hairband and tied it on the back of my head somewhere. I was about to get up and look in the mirror but instead she took my hand and pulled me away downstairs to show my nan.

"Wow", "you look just like your cousin when she was at school". My aunt and nan had a good giggle at that before Tanya said "I think I still have my uniform from when I was at school", thankfully my nan stopped her there "leave your poor nephew alone". And that was the end of all that. she took a picture of the back and side of my head and showed it to me...

I had a French braid which came down on one side of my shoulder. Needless to say it was shocking to see how that mess of hair had become something a lot of the cute girls in my class. We spent the rest of the day listening to pop music in her room while we started tidying a few weeks worth of mess and a mixture of dirty and clean laundry.

It wasn't long before my mum called me down and told me I would have to stay here for the night. I had a brother which I neglected to mention earlier, it just so happens that he's got drunk somewhere and my mum needs to go pick him up.

Before I know it she's gone and my nans serving up dinner. It's not like at home where you sit to the table, you just sit on the sofa with the plate on your lap. It's all good apart from the fact that food slides off the plate and onto your lap. And that is how I came to be covered from head to toe in my dinner.

"What a mess you wally" , take that off and I'll put it in for a wash". I didn't want to upset anyone so just took of my clothes there and then and apologised for being so clumbsy. Luckily Tanya holds me a pink fluffy dressing gown so I don't have to walk around the house half naked. After this I greatfully follow Tanya upstairs to her bedroom where we would be staying. She shut the door before screaming "We can have a slumber party". She text my cousin and a few minutes later she was at the door.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

A little long winded for first ep 1 didn't want to rush it so you can see the characters. More happening in ep 2 soon

up
189 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good effort

Donna T's picture

A fine first story. I don't think it's long winded. I have problems writing in various tenses... I slip from first person to third person to narrative...

As a suggestion do your story and when you think it's finished wait a day or two, re-read, make corrections and then post... this allowed me to correct a thing or two. Your episode has 13 paragraphs, 4 begin with "I"... what's your charaacter's name?

Keep writing.

Donna

Thanks, very helpful

I wasn't too sure on giving the character a name, I started a name in ep 2/3 which I posted. I think they aren't quite as bad as ep 1

Laters,
Horizon

Good first try

Samantha Heart's picture

You REALLY need to proof read & check the flow. This was VERY hard to read.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

An interesting start

Looking forward to more.

Good beginning

Jamie Lee's picture

This is a nice beginning to an interesting story.

Messy hair, or the aversion to getting a haircut, has a way of leading to other things once the mop has been restyled without losing any length. One idea leads to another, which leads to another, etc. until someone either agrees to what's been done or blows up because of what's been done.

With his hair now looking much less like a bird nest, what others thoughts are running through his aunt's head?

Others have feelings too.