Travel Through Time and Space Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Patricia’s Quarters, Aero Flight Industries:
Patricia looks down at the poor guy she brought back to her quarters last night, after she returned from space. She noticed that the facilities security had been increased. The guy she went to bed with, she wore out. She puts on a pair of shorts, sports bra and a t-shirt that said, “I’m the type of girl, your mother warned you about!”

She starts her run as she passes the security gate, and let’s them know she’ll be gone for a while. She needed last night after coming back to Earth. She had Ghost run his name and found out he gets married and have three children. The woman he marries looks like her in appearance.

As she continues to jog down the highway, she wonders how she is going to get back home. It’s not like they needed her for anything. Her squadron was the best of the best.

She jogs for another twenty miles and stops at a gas station to grab a bottle water. As she walks around inside the place, it brings back memories. The place didn’t change much in the future. The coolers had been changed out for newer ones, and the products on sale changed, but the outside remained the same.

As she walks back outside, she hears a horn honking at her. She looks in the direction and notices it was Ivy heading to work. She watches as Ivy pulls into the parking lot.

“Need a ride back to the mountain?” Ivy wonders if Pat was going to take up her offer.

“Sure.” Pat gets in her car.

Once Pat was in her car, Ivy starts heading towards her mother’s company. She watches as Pat takes another sip of her water.

“Pat, how close are we where you come from?” Ivy was curious.

“I would say we have a close friendship. You invited me to your wedding.” Pat takes another sip of her water.

“How do you know that your presence here won’t change anything?” Ivy was wondering if she’ll meet the man she was going to marry.

“I don’t know it hasn’t already made some changes, but as far as I know. Ghost’s memory banks haven’t been affected by anything yet. Plus, none of my memories have been changed. I just hope your mother can come up with a way to send me back to my time.” Not that Patricia wouldn’t mind sticking around here.

Ivy pulls her car around to its assign parking spot. Her other siblings were already at work.

“Thanks for the ride back.” Patricia gets out.

“You’re welcome, so what are you doing today?” As Ivy uses her pass card to enter the employees’ entrance.

Her and Patricia are stopped by the two guards on duty “Good morning ladies.”

Roger looks at Ivy and smiles. He’s been wanting to ask her out on a date for a while but didn’t know if he should. He continues to watch her as she checks in and waits for Patricia.

“Go ahead Ivy. I’ll catch up with you.” Patricia waits till Ivy was out of sight.

“Okay.” Ivy heads towards her mother’s office.

Once Ivy was out of site, Patricia looks at Roger “come mere for a second, Roger.”

Roger walks over to Patricia. He wonders what she wanted to talk to him about.

“What can I do for you Pat?” Roger watches her face.

“A little advice Roger, ask Ivy out. The two of you are meant to be together.” Patricia just smiles.

Roger just looks at Patricia and wonders if she knew something.

“What makes you so sure, she’ll go out with me?” Roger didn’t want to jeopardize his job.

“Trust me on this, Roger. The two of you are made for each other.” Patricia just smiles as she walks off. She catches up with Ivy.

Patricia stops by her quarters to shower and change. She knew Janet and several teams were already examining the alien craft. Ghost informed her that they managed to bring the floor plan on the spacecraft and were sending people to those areas.

She gets dress in a pair of jeans, a matching blouse and a pair of sneakers. She heads over towards the R&D hangar where the alien vessel was stored. The guards let her pass, without stopping her. When she gets to the hangar door, she concentrates with her ability and enter when the door opens.

The place was busy as Aero Flight science teams go over the ship. Some were working outside doing metallurgy testing on the hull of the ship.
They were wondering how an ancient group of people managed to patch up an alien ship.

The engineering team could see where parts from other items had been cannibalized to replace the original part. A few by-passes had been used as well to complete the circuit. They could see where pure gold or silver had been used to make a power conduit.

Patricia finds Ivy talking with her mother’s. Patricia couldn’t believe that Janet was up and working.

“Looks like you three are having fun.” Pat stops near them.

“We were just talking about how some of these systems could be adapted to some of our current vehicles.” Ivy figured they could duplicate the
technology easily.

“How about the power plant? Do you think you could duplicate that?” Patricia already knew the answer to that question, but she wanted to see if Janet could do it.

“It might take a while, but yes I could duplicate the power plant. If nothing else I could even enlarge it.” Janet was already thinking about the possibilities.

“Well, if you need any ideas or help. Ghost’s power plant and anti-gravity systems is based from this technology.” Patricia knew what she told them, wasn’t that important.

“You really can’t help, but to keep revealing things about us or your craft.” Tammi looks at Patricia like a mother looking at a naughty child.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop giving you information. It’s not like you’re not going to figure out what I am telling you.” Patricia turns around and leaves the alien vessel.

She really needed to find something to keep herself busy and out of trouble. As much as she likes flying, she needs to be careful of exposing her fighter. She heads towards the mountain cafeteria to grab a bite to eat.

The mountain had everything that Aero Flight needed for their people. She heads up towards the top of the mountain. Once she arrives, she looks out and around the landscape. A smile appears on her face as she remembers running off the plateau her first time with a hang glider.
She flew and enjoyed herself but got in trouble with Tammi for not getting permission first for pulling the stunt.

She just stands there and look out towards the runways and hangars Aero Flight owned. This was smaller compared to what it looked like from her time. Se turns around and heads back down towards the hangar that Ghost was stored in.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Risky business

That stunt she pulled with Roger is very risky. That could drastically change the future. The timing of asking someone out can make all of the difference between if they say yes or if they say no. By saying that, she may very well have altered the timing and changed the outcome.

Don’t want to have to send time agents out after her.

But...

if time travel were possible and Pat did manage to go into her own past and not another dimension, then she already did speak with Roger and everything she does now was done in her own past. Which means that at some point everyone agrees to keep all this a secret from her future self so that she does accidentally travel into her past and history isn't rewritten :)

In other words, "It's all a big ball of wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff." ;)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

wouldn't that depend on

wouldn't that depend on whether or not the past is unchangeable

Time can be rewritten

Provided that the temporal variance is kept within the preset limits, nothing would need to be done; but from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, changes to the timeframes can ripple out to the past and future getting larger and larger as they go. If they are too big when they reach a certain point, they will awaken Her, and we cannot allow that.

Her??

"they will awaken Her, and we cannot allow that."

Who is Her? I've now read most of the stories and the reference eludes me.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Interesting story

I keep expecting an old British police box to show up and some one telling her to knock it off.

Timing off?

Jamie Lee's picture

Someone needs to give Pat a job in order to keep her occupied. If they don't then she might do something inadvertently because she's restless.

Might Pat be telling people things a bit too early? She has said she hadn't been born yet when all the recent discoveries were made, so might she have been too early telling Robert to ask Ivy out?

On the other hand, maybe she's done all this before and is the one who brought Robert and Ivy together.

Others have feelings too.