Police Academy Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Katlain walks into the new garage that Red had been set up in. The new chop shop was semi-legal. They had to keep up appearances so that car thieves like Katlain would bring cars they stole to be chop. She spots Red down on the floor talking to a few people he took off the street to work for him. Most of his old staff had been given a second chance to work for Red.

“Hey Red, how are things going?” Katlain walks up to Red.

Red turns around when he hears Katlain’s voice. The people he was talking too, they walk off to continue what they had been doing.

“Katlain, its good to see you again. How is your daughter doing?” As Red leads the two of them to his office.

“She’s getting bigger and doing well. It is so good to see you out of jail.” As Katlain follows Red into his office.

“If it wasn’t for you, I would still be in there. So, what brings you down here today?” Red knew Katlain had helped in getting him out of jail and set him up as a confidential informant for the police.

“One, to visit an old friend and see how you are doing. Two, to pick your brain for a while.” Katlain wanted to know if there were any contacts in the police she could use or should avoid.

“Ah! The truth comes out.” He leans forward to look at her.

“Is there anyone in the police force that I should worry about?” Katlain watches Red facial expression.

“Depends. There are a few crooked cops on our local police force, they aren’t going to reveal themselves unless you are messing with their business.” Red knew a few that he uses to pay off, that he kept his mouth shut on.

“Is there any that are on the take inside the police academy?” Katlain was hoping she wouldn’t have to worry about being ousted.

“Not that I know of. Most of the crooked cops are street cops and a few detectives. Why are you asking?” Now Red’s curiosity was peaked.

“Just curious. A friend of mine was thinking about joining and I didn’t want my connection to them to be known.” Katlain hopes Red doesn’t see through her lie.

Red looks at Katlain watching her. He knows she is clever and resourceful. He found that out the night she was supposed to be trapped, but instead, she figured it out somehow.

“As far as I know, we don’t have anyone in the police academy.” Red knew that they had no one in the academy staff department.

“Good, that’s one problem solved. So, how do you like your new shop?” Katlain sits back in her chair.

“I like the shop, Katlain. The thing I don’t like is the fact I feel like a snitch. I don’t think this is right telling on fellow crooks.” Red knew if anyone ever found out, he’ll end up dead.

“Red, I can understand that, but it was the only way to get you free. The ADA wanted to make sure you got the maximum punishment available. So, the only deal I could get for you was to have you act as a confidential informant for the police. Besides, the way the agreement is, you can still perform illegal activities to use as a cover for informing the police.” Katlain tried to get a few more things for Red, but the ADA was a real hard ass.

“How is the store doing?” Red had been wondering about the store.

“It’s doing extremely well. There was an adjustment period while the staff got used to the new rules and regulation. However, they adjusted and now they are making a profit.” Katlain got the latest report from her cousins who ran the business. She was a silent partner.

“That’s good. I was worried about the staff losing their job and the business going under.” If Katlain hadn’t offered to buy the business. All the people would have lost their job.

“Good, there’s a new bar that opened that you might want to check out. It’s called Neptune’s. My cousins just recently bought it and wanted me to pass the word around. Your first ten drinks are free if you tell them I sent you by saying, bluebirds come in the winter.” Katlain wanted to help her cousins out with the new bar.

“Thanks, I’ll check it out.” Red figures it is the least he could do, and ten free drinks didn’t sound bad, either.

“Your welcome. Also, you know you're still welcome at my cousin’s club.” Katlain knew Red liked nice food and good wine.

“Thanks, Katlain. So, did you keep Ventusky Ricci car?” Red wanted to know.

“What do you think?” A smile appears on Katlain’s face.

Katlain leaves afterward and drives over to Julie’s and Faith’s place. She had to pick Katherine up and take her home. She walks up to the door and knocks.

Faith opens the door “Katlain, how did things go?” She steps aside to let her in.

“Everything went fine. How did Katherine behave?” As she walks over and picks her daughter up.

“She’s been an angel.” Julie comes walking out of her bedroom drying her hair. She had on a camisole and a pair of shorts.

Katlain looks into her daughters’ beautiful eyes as she holds her. She turns to face her friends.

“I have a favor to ask. Detective Harrison wants me to attend the police academy. The classes are eight hours long and I’m not sure if it is seven days a week or just five days a week. I was wondering if you two could babysit Katherine for me, while I’m attending the police academy?” Katlain should have asked Detective Harrison how long the classes were.

“Well, as her godmother, I’m already committed to filling in for you, so yes.” Julie was taking her responsibility as godmother serious.

“Since you picked me as her aunt, so yes.” Faith wasn’t going to disappoint Katlain.

“I’ll see if I can’t ask someone else to help out.” Katlain didn’t want to take up all of Julie’s and Faith’s time.

“You don’t need to do that, Katlain. So, when do you go back to school?” Julie looks at Katlain.

“Wednesday at 8:00 am.” Katlain adjusts Katherine in her arms.

“I have the day off, so I’ll be home.” Faith had all day off from work.

“Thanks, I know Katherine will love being spoiled by her aunts.” Katlain looks into her daughters’ eyes and smile.

Katlain heads back home with Katherine in her car seat. She stops at a Wendy’s and picks up some lunch for herself on her way home. It was a balancing act as she carries Katherine into the house, along with her purse, diaper bag, and her lunch.

Once she puts Katherine in her crib and she sits down in her rocker to eat her lunch and watch Katherine. She watches her daughter as she eats. While Katherine is asleep, Katlain goes through the file Detective Harrison gave her. Most of it was easy to remember and with her skills. She could easily fake it.

Katlain checks her personal guns to make sure they are clean. She hasn’t had to use them, since the last job she did. She also takes the money she kept from its hiding space and count out enough to pay her bills. The addition she had added to the house was already paid for.

She got a loan and paid it back with the money she got from the trust fund she has. She sets the money aside to drop off at the bank tomorrow. Katlain goes into the kitchen to start fixing dinner for herself.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments