Shadowsblade: School year 2...Resistance might be futile?

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter


The struggle is real and the twins are in the middle of it!


Note!!!

this chapter took me some time to 'feel' out and to get right, hope you all like it?
It was very hard to find that balance of writing the characters in jeopardy and keeping it sane to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, September 28 11:50PM
Poe cottage, the twin's dorm room

Both Drow ported into their shared room and instantly Rehanna begin to cry as Rohanna shouted in Drow at the ceiling and the sky far beyond it, "Why did I not snap her neck and be done with this...Gaea you bitch you owe me an answer!"

Rehanna slowly crawled into the futon bed, then wrapped all of the blankets and sheets around herself forming that small safe cocoon used several times since the Drow's first days of re-awakenment, "I told you...we Drow are never free...never for too long!" she cried back over to me, as her sobs grew longer and harder, then finally a heavy head fell into her crossed arms now growing wet with tears.

Rohanna the more 'human part' spun back to Rehanna, knowing that they both needed to be closer and then slipped onto the bed next to her twin that was the mostly Drow part of the pair, "I will find us a way out of this mess, that I promise!" she shouted to the empty room while hugging her sister closer.

"Don't make promises I know you can't keep and you know that FACT deep down inside you soul too!" Rehanna barked her answer back loudly to me.

Outside of the room, all of the shouting had seemed to have been noticed by some of the girls watching movies in the floor's media room, plus woken some of the students and gained Mrs. Horton's full attention shown by the older cottage mother quickly exiting her room.

What evil crime had Ellena done this time versus the last to cause this much anguish for the twins, was...in her joy at finally having in-hand those desired books...Ellena forgot to order the Drow to forget this encounter, plus the others and now they both will remember all that pain! From both the ancient horror before, the present and the uncertain future to come?

~o~O~o~

Meanwhile, back at Ellena's Townhome

The raven-haired and now growing dark souled woman, poured over the stack of large tomes and was finding what hidden long lost knowledge she needed among the first few pages of the second older tome she had flipped open out of the large stack, "This is it, this section shows me the whole series of commands to use on those twins and how they should work!" she shouted happily to no one.

She flipped over several more pages of the great book a few more times before her eyes grew wide at what she had just found, "So I have to read the directions of a book they hold, then sign it in my blood and I gain full control over them?" Now that act is strange to Ellena's mind, but in magic arts terms she knew...it all makes sense to her! Most mage's contracts are created and finalized in blood or created from something very personal to the user or the to be 'used'....or slaves!

~o~O~o~

Back at Poe cottage

Most of the floor is now awake or was already awake with staying up on a nice Friday night and a few of the more braver dorm mates, or those that knew the shouts of the raging twins by heart wandered towards their door, "What is going on in there?" Mrs. Horton asked the few Sidhe and human students already filling the hallway.

"Don't know ma'am, but they sound really mad?" Bugs, the devisor of the floor gulped.

"Well why don't we see then and maybe we can help?" she suggested to the girls filling the hallway.

"Let me try?" Gwen asked and Nikki backed her up with a quick nod of agreement.

"Go ahead dear." Horton nodded giving her permission to the teen with green hair and stepping back to give the girl some room.

Gwen stepped up to the door and knocked gently, "Ro, Rehanna...can I come in?" she begged on as even more louder and vicious sounding shouts in Drow came from behind the door.

I heard Gwen at the door and shouted at it instantly, "GO AWAY...NOW!"

"Please?" she asked once more.

"No! I...no...'we' want to be left alone for right now, so git!" I barked at the door, as I pulled Rehanna closer to comfort her and myself more.

"Humm ma'am she said no and I am sure she means it? I might wait and see what happens in the morning?" Nikki suggested.

"I am worried, suddenly both of them rage out for no reason and have been in their room most of the day after class?" Horton asked the girls what they knew of the twins day.

"Ma'am, she or both of them were not in their room all day. We went to eat and grab a movie for movie night and were walking back to Poe when she got a call and said....something?" Gwen said and was asking Bugs for her personal recollection at the same time.

"Yep like Gwen said ma'am, she got a call...then said..."Yes Mistress...." and POOF! They ported away!" Bugs added in with a tilt of her head and a few bobs of twin ponytails.

Gwen repeated, "Mistress? She called someone on the phone that...NOW that is very strange!"

Nikki was the first to hear the tall blond next to her groan out a nearly silent "Humm" as she wondered out loud...."What do you know Kyley, you must know something?" Nikki asked the GOO kid of the academy and would have asked Aunghadhail, if she still existed within her.

"Of course I know something, I know a great many things being__GOO," the taller girl said.

"Well....?" Nikki questioned and some of the other teens joined in with their own chorus of 'Well'.

"Drow only refer to those that have command over them or ones they respect as leaders...as Mistress, or Master and that should help___find out who made that call__her?"

"Well whoever that was or wherever she went to that started this, we will find out later. But for now I should help the twins or all of us should try before something happens?" Horton whispered and pulled her master key for the dorm from a sweater pocket.

Roz had finally arrived, after finally dressing in her robe and slippers, then wormed her way through the crowd of teens to the door, "Let me Ma'am, she never locks me out." she stated, then Roz put her own master key to the lock's face.

"Ro, girl...it's Roz and I am coming in to help ya?" she asked and tagged the door to open its lock.

I shouted at the door instantly hearing Roz trying to bypass the lock of our door, "My door is locked and shall remain LOCKED for now, I choose when it opens and you know that!"

"Honey, I just want to help?" Roz begged as she started to open the lock all the way.

"I said NO and mean it!" I barked and tossed two daggers at the door frame.

Roz had the last of the bypass code entered into the electronic lock, when two blades sliced through the steel door, then embedded deeply into the steel door's frame both above and below the lock...thus jamming it shut. Unless you wanted to 'bash' it open and ruin the whole door!

Roz's hand snapped back as that action surprised her, but she knew deep down that her friend would not intentionally harm her and had tossed the blades when her hands were clear enough.

But renewed shouting came from beyond the door now. "You can't help us, help me...you never could...none of you could and those that could help are DEAD...now I will handle this in my GOOD time, NOW go way!"

"Well that is not good?" Gwen huffed, "Ro sounds just like when she got here that first term...so what happened?" She questioned the group with a renewed shrug.

"I'll keep an eye on her...well her door at least and lets see if she calms down by morning?" Horton said as the house mother started shooing the teens from the hallway.

Nikki leaned over to Kyley as they both walked down the hallway back towards the floor's media room to watch the next movie, "You know something, can you help her or them?"

"I know many things, just like I say. But I cannot help them...I am blocked from helping most beings here in ways I can't explain." the blond admitted and even Nikki felt a wave a sadness coming from off the taller girl at not being able to help at.

~o~O~o~

Saturday, September 29 3:30AM
Dunwich Ellena Blackwood's townhome

Ellena had spent several hours pouring over the ancient tomes now covering her large desk. But this time unlike the last, she found translating the whole mess within her brain easy, very easy and almost too easy? But she was finished, at least finished to a point where she was eager to try all of this out on the Drow twins and see if all of this hard work would actually enslave them, bind them to her will...Ellena's impatience grew by the second while she searched for her cell phone in her huge bag to call them!

~o~O~o~


Saturday, September 29 3:33AM
Poe cottage

I was still hugging Rehanna close to comfort her and myself at the same time, my mind wandered over what I could do, what we could do? My still human part saw many small, ever so small cracks in the Geas, but most of them needed an outside influence to work, to free us both and none of them would help us escape our very certain future slavery at Ellena's hands right now!

Rehanna sighed out long and hard, I was very sure that Drow half of us was feeling out what the human me was thinking and she saw what I did...nothing could help us...not just now?

Our phone rang loudly, almost like thunder in comparison to the utter silence within our room and I knew who it was calling us instantly at well past three in the morning. This nearly instant urge came over me to leap to answer it, but my human half slowed my movements and my arm from stretching out towards the phone.

"You might as well get the call over with, you know who it is and lets get this madness started," Rehanna's muffled voice said into my shoulder.

"No I am not, let her come and ask us!" I shouted in Drow to her, but at the same time felt an out of my direct control self get up off the bed, then to go and pick up that blasted phone!

"See, you can't stop it...none of us ever could." she cried out as I stood up.

"I should have tossed that phone into storage or crushed it!" I barked back to her, to myself as my hand picked it up.

"If you could, you would have don that very thing hours ago or even days ago!" she warned me of the certain truth before us, we had no choice...for now.

The phone came alive as I moved it and the screen lit up with Ellena's phone number, "Yes Mistress, you call us?" I asked her, my will fully out of my willful control and our shared fate in her hands.

Ellena's voice crackled from our phone as I hit the speaker button, "Both of you come to my home as fast and best you can unnoticed by anyone."

"We obey as the Geas commands us." we both droned out as she hung up.

Ellena was gone and we had our orders, but first I looked at Rehanna, then she me. "Do I look as bad as you do?" I questioned my twin before even thinking to glance into the room's mirror.

"Yes, we should get cleaned up a little before showing up. It will only take a minute and then we can go...must be sharp and presentable...remember our training." she told me and grabbed two towels from our rack of them inside the closet.

Shortly we both trudged back into our room refreshed from the bathroom and I grabbed two new or freshly laundered tops from the dresser, then tossed one to Rehanna's free hand as she in turn tossed the wet towels into the hamper just inside our closet.

When we were both dressed and presentable once again, we ported away from our room.

~o~O~o~

Saturday, September 29 3:44AM
Dunwich, Ellena Blackwood's townhome

Since it was so very early in the morning, no one was out amongst the rows of townhomes and we slipped silently unseen into Ellena's home via her still unlocked door...as if a simple deadbolt lock could stop us?

We reported to Ellena already pacing around her small living room, "As ordered Mistress, we are here" we both droned to her and stood at what to most would be attention in the military.

"What took you so long?" she questioned us, then she paused and repeated the order to be sure of her control over us! "Ah'hri ya ph'nglui nilgh'ri hnahh llll fahf ep task Iiahe ymg' mgepah mgepah'ehye nng!"

All I, the more human part of our pair could think of at the time was, "You almost slipped up, I almost had you bitch!"

"Mistress, we had to clean up to make ourselves presentable for your orders...that is what we have been trained to do for many millennia?" Rehanna said for both of us, being the full Drow part of our pair.

"Well then, good. But onto why I called you both here." Ellena smiled to us evilly as she picked up a tome off her desk and flipped to a page with a loose page of handwritten notes almost flying free from her grasp.

Over the next hour of pain, Ellena read off her command lines or codes to gain control over us both. More than once the procedure had me or us ask her for a counter phrase, one that a TRUE person that was to gain command over us would have in their possession. This was very normal and made sure that someone did not find a simple copy of an absent minded generals notes and gain control of us Drow.

I had or Shadowsblade had thought back during that time, "What if some lowly private had gained control over us, then had a Drow kill off his or her general or royals? But the royals and their mages that weaved this Geas, they were far too smart for that simple mistake to happen!

Ellena almost slipped up twice, but managed to save herself before time expired and in this case unlike the other time. Once this process was started, she had to finish or die! She must know that because of how well prepared she was for all of our shared challenges!

She uttered the last of the challenge we laid out before her and it was spot on! So we stood there waiting for her to command us next...I thought, "Does she know the next step, she has to ASK for that BE DAMNED book, I will not give it up willingly...not one inch I have to give you Ellena...not one inch you gain from us for free!"

"Hummm I think we are done...heck I hope we are done? Or I am so much TOAST!" she giggled and closed the tome, then placed it back on her desk.

We said nothing, that clock was dripping off its time once again drop by drop! If she kept this slow pace up, we might win and regain our freedom with her death, but this new clock had over a day on its full cycle...damn it!

She smiled to us as I watched that clock from our dark cell...drip, drip, drip. Rehanna was crying in the corner once again, huddled within its darkness, the only place she felt safe in the cell and then Ellena asked of us, "Give me your book please, I command it!"

I, the very human 'Jack' leaped to the bars as the clock vanished, I howled at the darkness beyond the cage bars and cried to no one, "Damn you Gaea, we gave you everything and now you abandon us, our lives, our fate to a FUCKING human?"

Rehanna pulled the book from our deepest, most personal storage and handed over it to Ellena slowly, "Here Mistress, our book and your commands are our actions."

"Hummm, nice very nice!" she said looking the book's very ornate cover over, then took a seat at her desk to open it and began reading over the complex instructions to gain full control over a DROW!

For the next hour she read the instructions and reread them twice more to be sure. But one thing did grab her as strange, some of the pages...heck SEVERAL dozen pages were 'stuck' together and could not seem to be 'unstuck' no matter how hard she tried? 'Must be magic of some sort?' she thought silently, then pulled a golden pen from the books spine. Next she stabbed it into a finger to draw her own blood to seal the spell to her, as the instructions listed out and started the spell working on the bond of her to the book, plus us to her will!

As Ellena signed her name, I felt each pen stroke as a rip at our very souls and when she was done, it bound us to her will and her future instructions totally! Now Ellena smiled back over to us Drow standing there still as statues, as she spun the book over and slid it our way, "Well it's your turn, please accept my signature and my authority over both of you."

Rehanna nodded instantly, being the fully Drow part of us both. She stepped up instantly, then pushed a switch on the pen and out popped a small needle, she then used the other end of the pen to prick her thumb to place its bloody print next to Ellena's. Thus binding Rehanna to obey whatever Ellena said from now on!

But I resisted when my turn came next, I tried so very hard not to move. But the book pulled at me, tore the human part of my soul partially away from the Drow half and made my body move. I screamed internally in the horrific pain of it all, the tearing, rending of my soul...I would not give up easy!

I nearly passed out in our shared cell from the pain, but in the end my slightly smudged print laid next to Rehanna's on the page and it was done, it was all over...for now.

"Ready for your orders, your will being done is our goal!" we droned out finally.

~o~O~o~


Saturday, September 29 4:30AM
Dunwich, Ellena Blackwood's townhome

Over the last hour Ellena had printed out several pages of a homes blueprints and had the twins memorize them fully. Then listed out a weeks worth of appointments and schedules on top of all that information.

"There now you know what I do," Ellena said while picking up the stack of notes, she had given the twins and then dropped them all into a raging fire already burning in her small fireplace, "he is there in San Fran for the next ten or so days for several meetings with that city's ARC and to see about funding our department better...or should I say MY new department more funds." she laughed a little, just a small 'snort' of humor to herself, "I am sure he was going to try ever so hard...NOT...to get me a raise for the last year of my hard work and a raise for this epic breakthrough of mine on finding out that the Sidhe royals kept you Drow as slaves and cannon fodder! But let's keep that last part between us? " Ellena giggled out as she playfully teased the twins standing there awaiting her to finish orders like robots.

"Yes Mistress..." they droned as asked.

"So this is what I want you to do with all of this information, you will go there unseen and unnoticed, leave no trace at all and kill him, make sure VERY sure that this death looks like an accident or normal death! I do not need you to mess this up and I get jailed for this...now do this task starting tomorrow night or anytime this coming week...but before he returns to ARC for sure."

"Yes mistress, his death is assured." the twins droned out.

"Good, once again. Roy, my boss and department head. You will kill him unseen, unnoticed and leave no evidence of you both being there, not one trace that this was a murder I planned or you are involved in...maybe, make it appear as if he simply dropped dead on his own or some other way he died. Then add, accomplish your task this week while he is away in San Fran and so that I have an airtight alibi! Then report back to me here, in this house."

"Yes Mistress as you order, the Roy Estes you know will be dead by weeks end and just as you ordered...is there anything else Mistress?" the twin Drow repeated her orders and asked to be sure they were dismissed to go about their task.

"No more, just act normal during your days and night away from me...like nothing ever happened." Ellena add with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Yes...." then both Drow vanished with a port.

~o~O~o~

Saturday, September 29 4:40AM
Poe cottage, the twin's dorm room

When we ported back into our room, Rehanna instantly panicked and started crying and shouting in Drow, "She has us now, has us forever and we will never escape!"

I was 'just' slightly calmer, so I tossed a silence spell on our room and activated the new one we had crafted for this term to turn on each time we came into our room via the door or even a port. Setting the spell this was would keep the rest of the floor or Poe for that matter knowing that we twins were FREAKING OUT for the time being!

"Shhhh Rehanna, I know...I know" I hugged and comforted her after my spell was all set and checked for mistakes...no need for a repeat of that first night we had Roz in our room!

"What are we going to do?" her muffled cry asked me from my shoulder.

"Ellena is smart...but she is a simple human!" I thought quickly as my more human part found all the 'loopholes' in the Geas and the books bindings on us both, "one...she will only live to be a hundred at best, so unless she 'shares' us with a relative or another, her time will end very soon to our eyes!"

"Toooooo long, a month is too long, a year is tooo long and even a day is toooo Long!" she cried again.

"Well she is a human once again and as being one, she will never have full access to us! The Sidhe Royals saw to that and that will not change no matter what new information she finds or reads or demands of us. So all she has to do is mess up with one order that violate one of the many binding rules we have and she DIES!" I grinned evilly thinking of the many, many ways to kill her and maybe regain possession her soul for later more personal, far longer torture!

"Can we trick her into doing that, breaking one of the covenants? No human has ever had one of us under their control, I am not sure of what will happen?" she reasoned to me with a sniffle.

"There are many on that list, that only our kind...Sidhe can violate and some only royals can. She will goof up because she does not know them or of them and then we have her...she dies!"

~o~O~o~

Sunday, September 30 2:40AM
Poe cottage, the twin's dorm room

All day Saturday we pretty much stuck to our room to most of the cottages surprise and planned out our task with making Roy Estes die. Both of us wanted this task over as soon as possible and waiting a full week to plan this out further was something we did not want to endure...best to just get it over with on the first night and be done with the whole mess, then see what Ellena has in store for us Drow next?

As we made our more than simple plans, going over parts of what we wanted to do a few times...something we or Shadowsblade had done hundreds of times over her ancient life. I came up with a new plan, Rehanna went over it several times after I had wrote it all out and nodded in agreement what I had thought of might work.

Over the last few hours since midnight our time we ported over to San Fran and this targets home. For the most part we left the Pixies on watch over the man's home, they scouted in and out of the home with ease! The homes alarms could not 'see' the small ones, then add their invisibility was the best of Fae and they knew how to stay silent, just like us Drow.

Hours had passed, they reported back to us that he had gone to bed early and was very alone in the large home. What made this easy, was that that his large home was set far back from the road and the nearest home was well over three hundred yards away!

After about an hour or so of him laying in his bed, the little ones told us mentally ~"He is asleep sisters, the home is empty and no one is nearby...we checked once again only five minutes ago."~

We both ported onto the long driveway of the targets large home in the hills near San Fran, thanks Gaea this man did not choose a home inside the city or this might have been messy! We both ran out around the large home in different directions hidden by the darkness of the wholly unlit area and circled the homes grounds to make on last check before taking on the house.

We found a few infrared motion sensors that missed us wrapped in our magical invisibility, then add a laser trip at each staircase leading up to the home and lastly a few weight sensors in the driveway made to sense cars and not Drow on the hunt.

The laser guarded stairs were a joke to us, our eyes spotted the bright beams of light instantly and we just 'hopped' over them! The large door was easy to bypass, one small 'port' and it was behind us both.

At this point we both stopped and layered several 'silence' spells over the house and made sure that the door, his only real escape was blocked by a spell! Once that was done and rechecked, we crept up the stairs and into his master bedroom. We drew the room's shades, made sure that one door exiting onto the balcony was locked and blocked by a spell.

Now with those tasks done, we both stood over his bed and I drew out a human made machete, so that his murder would appear to be a 'human' crime! And not done by us Drow, this was to be a message...death.

~o~O~o~

Sunday, September 29 5:30AM
Dunwich, Ellena Blackwood's townhome

Ellena slapped her alarm clock off to stop its blasting of loud death metal music, the only thing that seemed to wake her up anymore and rolled up to sitting in her bed. She yawned, then stretched out her arms and started rubbing the sleep from her eyes...that is when she noticed them and she jumped up in bed!

"What are you two doing in my bedroom and 'HOVERING" over my bed!" she yelled up towards the twins standing over her bed AND in her room dressed in their deep black armor.

"We are reporting to you as ordered, Roy Estes is no more and will never be seen again." Rehanna said for both twins.

"So how did you...no don't tell me! I will need to look surprised that he has died no matter 'the how' OF his dying?" Ellena said standing up from her bed wondering how long the Drows had been in her room and how easily they could, heck 'one of them' could have slain Ellena in her sleep!

"Yes Mistress...is there anything else you order?" both Drow droned out.

"No, just keep your phone on, charged and where you can hear it for my next call. Tell no one what has happened...nothing, not one hint about my controlling you both!" she ordered.

"Yes Mistress...your will be done." then they vanished.

~o~O~o~

Monday, September 30 7:30AM
ARC, Ellena Blackwood's office and
section of the large complex

Ellena smiled to one of her co-workers that inhabited this section of ARC's cubicle farms, she...herself at one time was one of them. But two years ago it was found she had an innate resistance to most class 'X' contamination and was given a small office, VERY small off in her opinion to do independent research at the department head's many requests.

As she strolled through this sections, there seemed to be a 'buzz' hovering over the whole department and it was easily noticed by anyone walking through the area. With several packs of employees standing about, not working and chatting up a storm.

Ellena smiled inwardly, "I know something you don't know!" her mind sang silently as she dropped her purse and bags in her office, then walked into the break room to grab a coffee.

As Ellena was keying an ID card into the coffee machine, so that the devisor made vending system knew who it was and pulled her personal choices from its memory, then went about making her... Triple venti nonfat upside down caramel macchiato, easy whip, kids temp EXTRA large!

"Hey Ellena, did ya hear?" Sheila whispered a question over to her.

"Ahh nope, just got in what's up?" she smiled, knowing what 'it' really was!

The younger girl was wide eyed in surprise that Ellena had not heard yet as she answered! "Ellena, Roy died last night...well Saturday night that is!"

"Ohhh my!" she pretended to be shocked!

"Ya I heard it was bad...that is the rumor, that he did not die in bed, a car accident or something? But something bad happened to him!" Sheila said while taking a slow sip of her tea.

"Well I wonder who will get his job and keep us all on track, I would hate to have us all leaderless or?" Ellena wondered out loud to the girl.

The coffee machine beeps that her order was ready when she spotted Carl, Roy's boss was waving to her and seemed to be pointing back towards her office. Ellena nodded her understanding back to him and excused herself from the 'coffee clutch' still in the break room.

Ellena glided into her small office, finding that Carl had taken the room's only guest chair and was laying out a large file on her desktop and what caught her attention most was that he was not wearing a suit coat...that was not normal for the busy head of the research department and he was leader of nearly a dozen of them. Ellena was under Roy, his Class 'X' research department and then Carl was next up the leadership tree, then came the whole ARC board!

"So what's up Carl?" she asked taking a seat behind her desk.

"Well I am sure you heard a rumor that Roy died this weekend in San Fran?" he asked in voice saying to anyone that he was sorry to even speak about it.

"Ya...something weird happened to him?" she answered and leaned in towards the older man to hear better.

"Well Ellena," he began softly, "Roy is dead, it seems that someone, some crazy person or gang or who knows?" he questioned his own thoughts on the matter, 'who hated Roy that much to do that...this?'

"Yes Carl, what?" she asked again to get him and his wandering thoughts back on track.

"Well someone killed him and did so in a most vicious, almost sadist way...they...it seems they chopped him up and carted away...well carried away...most of him?" he gulped.

"They what!?" Ellena yelped out now genuinely shocked, she had thought the twins would just kill Roy somehow in his sleep. Like a heart attack or a brain hemorrhage? But not kill him like this, then hack up his remains and carry them off somewhere, all rather messily!

"I have pictures of his place, right from the crime scene all taken by the local police on the matter. They sent them over to be sure it was not a crime involving magic or anything sacrificial in nature? They had to be sure, we here at ARC had to be sure considering what this department does, the company did not want anything dangerous let loose out there and it had come from here at ARC!" Carl said and flipped a sealed folder over to Ellena, "that is all of it, if you want to see...it? It's not good Ellena..." he trailed off thinking about the pictures.

Ellena opened the file by slipping a finger past the single snap button holding the plastic file closed, then slide the contents over her desk and found a papercliped stack of notes from a detective on site, then added notes from ARC's department on paranormal magic. The last stack clipped together was photos of the room or rooms.

As Ellena flipped through the stack of photos, each one had a small note attached about the pictures subject and some notes from the detectives on scene and she tried to read them as Carl filled her in, "Most of them are shots of his bedroom and master bath and as you can see...they bled him dry between the two rooms. But the cops are sure the attack started in his bedroom on the bed and they carried the body into the bath to hack up and make it smaller."

"They are sure Roy is dead by just this, there is no body shown in these so far?" Ellena questions as she read the notes, along with studying each picture.

"As you can tell, Roy must be dead? All most eighty percent of his body's blood is covering the floor between the bedroom and the bath...literal 'pools' of the stuff!" Carl gulped thinking back to the pictures of the rooms covered in a thick layer of blood.

Ellena flipped over each picture in turn searching for mistakes that the twins might have made, her eyes spotted large boot prints in the blood and two sets of large shoes, "What's all the footprints?"

"That is them...who ever did this. They...the cops are sure it was at least three large men by the tracks and how they moved Roy's body so easily. Roy was not a small man by an stretch..." Carl said thinking of the huge ex college football player, six foot three of size and still had most of his muscle form his playing days.

One of the last few shots confused Ellena as she saw it, "What is this...under a bed?" she questioned while spinning the picture around in her hands a few times to make better sense of it.

"That is Roy's right arm, from about below his elbow all the way down to his fingers and hand. The killers left it behind, a mistake the cops think and they theorize that something spooked them. And that made them sloppy and left that behind, plus all the blood...then add to that mess, they did not burn the place down?" Carl questioned why someone would not burn it all and be done with the home's overflowing evidence?

"So all the blood matches his DNA wise and they are sure?" Ellena begged a question form Carl, as she neatened up the stack photos and slid them back into their file.

As Carl took the file and slipped it back into his attaché case, he nodded back, "Yes Ellena, there is no way Roy survived that much blood loss and even if he bled out that much in an ER...he would still die from his heart stopping or lack of oxygen to his brain."

"I see, so there is no hope that Roy will be found alive or a ransom of some sort will be sent to us here at ARC for his return?" Elena sighed, acting like she was sad for Roy. but was really more happy that the twins, her new slaves had done their job, a bit messy...but done!

"None...and I have other bad new Ellena." Carl started.

"What can be worse?" she almost laughed thinking about her gaining Roy's old job, the department and all that came with that!

"Well Roy was very sick, I am sure you did not know that?" he quizzed and Ellena shook her head back in reply affirming that she did not "Well he only had about three months to live at best, he had Pancreatic cancer and he was a walking dead man."

"Ohh my!" she gasped.

"Yes he was a trooper, he was in San Fran for a big meeting to clean up his department and make sure that you took over in his place, but he died just before that meeting would come...on Monday."

"He wanted me, 'ME' to head up the department, I never thought he would...want me?" she gasped again and this time she was really surprised!

"Yes he wanted you, Roy felt that you were the best fit above all. 'But' now his plans, his wants mean nothing, the board wants to choose who will lead this department and I am sure that is not you...unfortunately."

Being department head would mean everything to Ellena...but now her plans were evaporating right before her very eyes! "So I am not getting the job, even though Roy said he that wanted me in the position?"

"Yes Ellena, if Roy had lived until say Wednesday, you would be the boss of this department, have about three times your current pay, company stock options worth a million in a year or two and tons of other benefits, car, travel money ect ect. But now, I am not sure you will even 'have' a job here next month?" Carl sighed out, this burden of telling the women that her dreams of leadership might be dead!

It took a few seconds for all of that to settle into Ellena's mind before she spoke, "Carl, please keep me in the loop on this and see if they want me or who they do want for the job?" she begged and hoped she still had a job?

"I am going to fight for you to have that spot, that is what Roy wanted and just so you know?" he started.

"Yes Carl...what?" she asked wonder what could go worse right now in her life.

"Roy was hard on you, tough in fact because he felt you would rise to the challenge and you did. That is why he choose you for his successor, he just could never say it...he was strange that way. But I am sure after he left, he would have talked to you all about it, so just remember that he cared is all." and Carl left her small office and Ellena to her wandering thoughts on the matter.

~o~O~o~

Monday, September 30 6:50PM
Ellena Blackwood's Condo

Ellena has stewed all day long over her act at having Roy her boss killed and that it might, no WOULD affect her gaining the leadership position that she had coveted for years. "most of all she was mad at the fact that the twins, her new slaves had acted out so violently during their task and was this them 'protesting' her orders the only way they could?

When Ellena finally got home, then slammed the garage door behind her and then tossed her bags onto on of the living room chairs. She swiped her phone on and rang the twins up...one of them answered instantly, "Yes Mistress, your word?"

"GET UP TO MY HOUSE AS SOON AS YOU CAN!" she roared at the phone.

Ellena did not even get the chance to hang-up when both Drow suddenly appeared right in front of her, "By your orders, so is done." they droned out, while one twin quickly pocketed her phone.

"So why did you, both of you choose to make Roy's death look like a slaughterhouse?....hummm!" the very mad slave mistress started.

"We thought that it was the best choice." one of the Drow said.

"So poison was out or some other means?" she asked while pacing back and forth.

"No Mistress. But we are not one hundred percent sure all of our poisons are untraceable?" both said.

"Humm, I think that is not exactly true....AND it's more like there is a .00001 percent doubt in your minds and that left you open to this madness and making such a mess, that the news will certainly pick up on it! SO is that true...YES OR NO...You choose this butchery IN PROTEST of my being you MASTER or MISTRESS over a choice of poison or other means, that would have worked just as well OR had such a VERY small chance of being found out by us poor humans?" Ellena barked.

I held back as long as I could, Rehanna my twin and the more Drow part cringed. I finally sweated it out all through my clenched teeth, "Yessssss Mistress...we choose this method over the others."

"That is what I though, there is something within you both still fighting me and I think that it's MOSTLY YOU...YES OR NO!" Ellena stopped her pacing, ending up in front of the last Drow to speak.

"Yes Mistress," I growled out again.

"Yep that is what I thought, you are the more human part...that 'Jack' part is in there...somewhere very deep and is fighting me. YES or NO?" Ellena asked only scant inches from the Drows face.

"Yes...Mistress." I gave up with a sigh, losing some of my personal fight against the Geas and the damned book!

"Well no more of this disobedience from either of you. OR maybe I will order you to kill a friend, Bill perhaps or a kid from your school you care for?" she grinned on evilly and spotted it instantly when both Drow's eyes lit up red for a brief second.

"Ohh we don't like that now do we, Especially that last part....your school friends! Maybe I will pick one of your fellow elves for your punishment?" that is when Ellena saw the twins eyes light up red once again, but this time it was not a 'flash' but a bright glow that took some time to fade.

~"Ohhh ya pick that punishment for us...PLEASE!"~ I thought to myself, ~"Order us to kill a Fae, a Sidhe...ohh my very human Mistress, I can and WILL gut you like a fish for doing so!"~ I grinned to myself, ~"That simple order, is the one order that a 'human' CAN'T give us Drow, the royals may have been cruel, but not stupid enough to let a be DAMNED human kill off one of their own KIND by simply giving a Drow an order!"~

"Hummm by that reaction, I might choose your 'Bill' first, then work my way up to a elf as your punishment if you don't OBEY my orders!" she barked again, "Now go back home, wait for my call again!" she finally ordered and both Drow vanished.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2018 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

resistance

I hope they can be free soon

DogSig.png

I don't like it, I abhor

I don't like it, I abhor enslavement in any and all form, and hope you'll get to have them revenge for this affront soon. Maybe even in a bloody and horrendous form. Yuk. Stupid chapter, bleeh.

As to slavery, yep I agree.

shadowsblade's picture

As to slavery, yep I agree. But in this context I was just showing that not all was fun unicorns and faeries for all the elves ruled over by the queens like Aunghandhail and that some of her subject made or were made to make sacrifices and in several very bad ways.

I just hope that I can pull off this HUGE arch with my writing and characters that has been coming for 2 years or writing?

have fun reading and enjoy the trip! its going to get bumpy!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

I am savouring this..

I hate the situation of slavery but I love the story so much.. Keep it going... where ever you are bringing us.. Hell be damn if Ellena ordered the twin to kill Bill.

Blind standing on a ledge

Jamie Lee's picture

Ellena is one stupid woman, thinking she has complete control of the twins when she doesn't even know what she best not order the twins to do.

She already shot herself in the foot once, when will she do it again? Her aspirations are going to get her killed by the very twins she thinks she controls completely.

There is one fly in the ointment, someone finding out what she's doing and taking her out unaware.

Others have feelings too.