The Devil's Chamber Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Shigeko checks on the girls as they slept. She was happy they were going to live with Bart and his wife. She spoke with her fiancé and couldn’t wait till she got home. She was planning on spending all day with him on her first day back.

Her assistant Mia was doing a good job. She had been checking up on her and was getting good reports back. She folds up the girl’s clothes as they slept. She was going to let them sleep.

She’s been making sure that Julie takes her pills. She also has been monitoring Laila’s sugar levels. She was a type 1 diabetic, so they had to monitor her sugar levels.

After folding all the clean laundry and putting it away. She heads towards the kitchen to start breakfast for the girls. Anika and Bart were already gone to handle the mole problem.

The Lazy Dragon Dojo:
“Ow!” as Leslie picks herself up off the floor. She rubs the sore spot on her butt.

“You should have seen that move coming Les.” Bobby was looking down at Leslie.

“Yay, yay.” As Leslie stands up off the floor.

He and his lover made love most of the night, the other day. His ass was still sore, but he had enjoyed it. Bobby was dress in a leotard like the one Leslie wore.

Ginja was watching her students as they practice the moves, she taught them. She grinned when Leslie fell for Bobby’s move. Leslie was coming along in her lessons and have been very helpful with other problems.

Kantha looks over towards her mother as she practices her moves. She has been getting extra training from her mother when the dojo was closed. Her mother felt that it would help to build her confidence.

Her sparring partner was a boy around her age that helped her mother around the Dojo. He was in a group home and wanted to learn how to defend himself. He showed up a few days ago.

He had been looking for a part-time job to purchase some items he wanted, that the group home didn’t provide. Ginja hired him and then introduce him to some of the merchants near her that could use some help but couldn’t afford to hire anyone. She paid him and since he was interested in learning how to defend himself. She took him on as a student and paired him up with her daughter.

Ginja watches Johnathan as he practiced with Kantha. The two of them were a good match, just as Bobby and Leslie were. She’s been teaching Leslie how to use her special gift. Leslie has been doing very good learning how to control her telekinetic ability.

Ginja has shown her how to manipulate the insides of a person and how to cause someone to explode from inside, out. She knew Leslie already knew how to use her ability to levitate items. Now, she was learning how to use her ability to levitate herself.

Ginja walks over and correct her daughters form “there, that should help you, Kantha.”

“Thanks, sensei.” When Kantha was training she called her mother, Sensei. Just like all the other students. When they were by themselves, she called Ginja, mom.

After practice, Ginja has tea with Leslie and Bobby. As Leslie is sitting across from Ginja, she wonders how long it took her to master her fighting ability.

“Sensei, how long have you study martial arts?” Leslie figured it didn’t hurt to ask.

“Since I could walk. The family that adopted me, started training me.” Ginja misses her adopted family. They always made her feel like part of the family.

“Wow, did you go to school and such?” Bobby looks over towards Ginja.

“Yes, but martial arts were part of our training. Just as reading, writing, and arithmetic were.” Ginja remembered a few times she was punished for not completing her assignments. Those punishments weren’t something she would want Kantha to go through. She has already suffered enough.

“Wow! Is your form a traditional one, or a secret one?” Bobby never asked before.

“The form I am teaching you is one I develop myself from the different forms I encounter during my travels. The one I know has never been taught to outsiders before. I’m honor bound to never teach it.”

“Then, how does anyone suppose to learn it, if you can’t teach it?” Leslie was curious about that.

“It’s a long tedious process. If I find a person who I think has the potential to learn the form. I send a message back to my old mentor. Then, he takes goes before the council and someone will be set to observe the person to see if he or she has the right qualities to be asked to join the group to be taught. It takes years to learn to learn the basics. Even when you graduate to a journeyman level, you still are learning.” Ginja was considered a master, but she still knew there were people she learned and trained by that were still journey level masters.

“That sounds like the way, stage magicians work. There are two ways to become a stage magician. The first is to make a name for yourself before you are invited into the society. The second way, you become the assistant to a member and learn by their hands. Once your mentor or the council feel you have reached a certain level of experience. You are invited to the local chapter and tested. If you pass the test, you become a member and you can’t tell anyone about what goes on in the council. There is also a bunch of rules and regulation you have to live by, like what you mention sensei.” Leslie made a name for herself by performing for the public and her tricks were a mixture of old style well known establish tricks.

She has some tricks she been working on and now with her sensei’s tutoring. She can now use some of her training, during her performances.

“What is it with you two and secret societies?” Bobby looks at Leslie and Ginja for an answer.

Leslie smile back at him “not everyone is suited to do what I and sensei can do. There are secrets that the world isn’t ready for and what do you think would happen if the government knew what we knew?”

“There would be highly trained killers that could move in and out of places or countries without anyone being able to stop them?” Bobby could see where that would be a problem.

“Bingo, some secrets, must remain secret.” Leslie knew the last person to reveal some of their secrets, got a visit from a very famous magician and had their mind wiped.

The Hotel:
Isla, Elizabeth, and Sara along with several others were packing up all the clothing that was left. They were shipping the clothes and equipment back to the warehouse in New York. The movers were coming in tomorrow to pick the crates, boxes, and equipment up.

“Isla, have you thought about our offer about coming back to the states with us?” Elizabeth looks at her assistant.

Isla looks towards Elizabeth “I thought about it and I would like to come with you to New York. I still need to let my landlord know and pack my belongings up.”

“You have time. I’ll speak to the movers who are coming to pick these things up and have them pack your place up. Also, do you own a car?” Elizabeth couldn’t remember if her assistant had one.

“No, ma’am. I either take the bus or a cab. Depending on where I am going.” Isla couldn’t afford a vehicle.

“Well, you’ll have one in New York, if you chose to use it. The subway does get you to most places. As for the townhouse it will be prepared for you as well. It’s in the Bronx, not far from our place.” Sara’s company owned it and sometimes they went out to it.

“Thank you, Sara and Elizabeth.” Isla was very grateful for the opportunity.

“You’re welcome. Now, let's get the rest of this stuff packed up and afterward go and get something nice for dinner.” Elizabeth starts filling a box. She couldn’t wait, to get back home.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Somehow I don't think

psychic abilities are that common.

Psychic abilities

Leslie acquired hers when she was struck by lightning twice along with her unique tattoo on her arms. She never had them before then.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Never heard of an ability to

Never heard of an ability to have someone explode from their insides. THAT would not only hurt, it would most definitely ruin your entire day.

I think its The Center

There is a guy that has the ability to manipulate gases, including creating them and projecting them. He has been known to take out baddies by expanding the gases in their gut until they literally burst from the overpressure.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin