The Observers Group, Chapters 6, 7, 8

Printer-friendly version

the story has been removed...

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Uh,, maybe by being Observant

Uh,, maybe by being Observant??? That would be my answer to him.

LOL

That would be perfect, "Why I'm observant, it's what Observers do..." =]

Observant of What?

We certainly haven't been told. (Not that I have a better suggestion.)

It doesn't seem to me that it was something she knew about during their argument, even though she had apparently researched him and had worked with him previously, though not when he was lead investigator. (The research wasn't specifically for this job, though; she didn't know he was on the case until they encountered each other here.) If she'd known about it before now, it ought to have been part of the info dump we got during their conversation.

There was an indication in Helen's chapter that the Observers have an unusual way of solving murder cases, and the preliminaries here this time suggest that Sarah can get information from close examination (mentally?) of the victim, more so than a conventional forensic examiner. But there's nothing in that fact which would explain her getting information directly from Mason while they were on the stairs. I suppose it's possible that he swaggered while going upstairs in a way that she knows is unique to someone who knows he's being promoted.

Eric

No tread marks

Jamie Lee's picture

To be a good observer it's necessary to not only know what to look for but to look outside the box and see beyond what's present. To look outside the box other experiences help the observer form opinions which could help solve a problem.

Meeting Jade was a good fortune for Sarah, she could help Sarah learn things they wouldn't learn in that six week course.

It's good the Observers want a good rapport with the police department but it's necessary they also obtain the respect the police want themselves. Mason may have been there since the rooster crowed, and had a headache, but that didn't give him the right to speak to Sarah as he did. She was correct in calling Mason out and standing her ground.

Others have feelings too.