o

Printer-friendly version

[sample text]

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Poor guy

I wondered if there was any malign influence there guiding julia 's actions, since.you don't swap bodies without magic.or.something supernatural being involved.

Tragic

Sara Hawke's picture

She did the ultimate number on him ruining him more than anything else could. I don't think the Julia that he faced was the original either. It could have been Jesse as Julia if the mind's personality was too strong or part of the don't tell magic. Parker turned into Julia allowing her to murder Parker even if it was an accident. The spell could have been not temporary. You could take this story further if say some time in the future another casts a dis spell on her. Changing her back to his personality. Then again that might be too cruel.

Just my thoughts
Sara.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

Very Sad

Daphne Xu's picture

I happen to think that in the real world, one's habits, feelings, modes of thought, etc. are set in the physical brain. Not necessarily in stone, though. Experiences create connections and otherwise affect the brain.

This story uses that idea, and applies it to the bodyswapping story -- with quite a sad conclusion.

-- Daphne Xu

Want without work

Jamie Lee's picture

Julia was a real piece of work, probably following in her parent's footstep in getting what they wanted by any way they could. Julia wanted it all but only if she didn't have to work for it. Basically she cheated at anything and everything she did.

Had she died in her own body then others wouldn't have seen that as a loss. But her lack of knowledge got her killed while in the body of the most decent person she was likely to run across. And had she known how to swim she would have known how to have gotten out of the problem she put herself in, leg cramps or not.

One thing doesn't track, though, with the situation Parker found himself over time. If the body transfer was complete then it would have been Parker's mind that transferred and nothing left of Julia, so what he eventually suffered would not have happened. Muscle memory would be there in that body but not the vile attitude Julia possessed.

Still in all, this is a nice story to read.

Others have feelings too.