Learning To Be A Mother Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Arabella woke-up early and took Trigger outside to potty her. She had peeked into the master bedroom and found Gina and Arnold sound asleep in each other arms. Neither one was wearing any night clothes. Cadmus had looked at her and then laid back down.

“Come on Trigger, let’s go potty.” She puts Trigger’s leash on her and walks her around outside.

She goes down towards the beach and watches as the waves come in and go out. Trigger tries to stay away from the waves. Arabella picks her up and holds her in her arms. She had fun yesterday with Arnold as they played on the beach.

Gina had spotted Arabella peeking in on her and Arnold. She didn’t move or let her know she was awake. She wanted to give Arabella some time and room.

When Cadmus jumped down off the bed, she managed to extract herself from Arnold without waking him. After she grabs her house robe, she follows Cadmus towards the sliding glass door.

“Okay, boy.” Gina opens the door and follows him outside. He runs towards the beach and over towards Arabella.

Cadmus comes walking up next to her and rubs against her legs. Arabella looks down and switches Trigger to one hand and scratches Cadmus between his ears.

“Did I wake you boy?” She continues to scratch him in his favorite spot.

“Can’t sleep?” Gina walks up to her daughter.

“Trigger wanted to go out.” Arabella looks at her mother as she walked up to her.

Gina stands next to Arabella and watches as the waves crash against the beach. She knew Arabella was still adjusting to not living with her deadbeat father.

“Do you know why I am always the first one up at the house?”

Arabella turns her head to face her mother “No ma’am. Why are you always the first one up at home?”

“Remember when I said Julia and I had been rescued by your grandfather?”

“Yes, ma’am. You said that grandpa rescued you and Aunt Julia from some bad people.” Arabella remembers Gina telling her that when they first met.

“Well, what I didn’t tell you, is that I was kept as a caged songbird. I was forced to sing for the person who kidnapped me and Julia. He treated me like I was a songbird and made me into what you see now. He also kept me in his house all the time. I was never allowed to go outside. So, when grandpa rescued me and brought me home. He would always allow me to go outside and watch the sunrise. Even today, I’m always the first person up at the ranch.” Gina has never broken the habit of being the first one up.

“Why did the guy who kidnaped you and Aunt Julia treat you like a songbird and change your body?” Arabella knew Gina, her Aunt Julia, and her other aunts had once been boys that were forcibly turned into girls.

“For me, he wanted a person with a beautiful voice that he could treat as a songbird. He kept a collar around my neck that made it, so I could only talk in a whisper when I wasn’t singing. As for your Aunt Julia, she was going to be sold to a sheik who had a thing for Charisma Carpenter.”

“Who’s that?” Arabella never heard that name before.

“She was an actress on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and in the Expendables movies.” Gina figures she’ll have to show Arabella who Charisma Carpenter is.

“Do you regret what was done to you, mom?” Arabella was curious about how her mother felt.

“Yes and no. Yes, because I was never given the choice to be turned into a girl and I lost my birth family. No, because I have a loving family, sisters I know who will always be there for me, a daughter that I thought I would never have and a loving man. Arnold knows what I use to be and accepts me for me. He has also fallen in love with you, Arabella. Like I said before, you’re the daughter that Arnold and I thought we would never have.” Gina wraps her arms around Arabella and just hug her.

Tears were sliding down Arabella’s cheeks. She never thought she would have a mother that loves her or a father that wouldn’t abuse her. She puts Trigger down on the sand.

“I can also tell you this Arabella. You have a grandfather and grandmother that will hurt anyone that tries anything against you that you don’t feel comfortable with. This family is very protective when it comes to family. Plus, your grandfather is already smitten with you.” Gina knew her father was smitten with both girls. Haylee and Arabella.

Arabella looks up at her mother “how do you know that?”

“Because, he told me. Plus, he gave you Trigger. Dad is very picky who he gives wolves too. The reason Haylee doesn’t have a wolf, is because she is a horse person. She loves Evening Star and Evening Star loves her. Her mother’s and I think she is going to become a veterinarian.” The family saw it when Cheshire was here when Julia, Gina and Tizzy had been recovering.

“What about me, what will I become?” Arabella was curious.

“That depends on you. You need to find your own path. Whatever you become, just know the family will do whatever they can to make your dream come true.” Gina places a kiss on Arabella’s cheek.

They stand and watch as Cadmus and Trigger finally do their business. Gina grabs a pooper scooper and cleans their mess up.

“Come on, let's go wake Arnold up, so we can go and get breakfast.” Gina leads Arabella into the bedroom.

Arabella approaches Arnold carefully. She didn’t know if he would react the way her father did when she had to wake him.

“Go on, wake him up, Arabella.” Gina stands nearby.

Arabella walks over and shakes Arnold “wake-up Dad.”

Arnold felt Arabella shake him. He plays possum.

“Go ahead, try again.” Gina was watching.

Arabella goes to shake Arnold again “Daddy, wake-up.”

Arnold turns quickly and grab Arabella and tickles her as she lands on the bed. Gina told him what her birth father uses to do to her, so he was being careful. He just tickles her.

Arabella let’s out a squeal as she is tickled and pulled to his body. She giggles as Arnold tickles her. She felt her mother tickling her.

She is tickle torture for a while and when they stopped she is laying between Gina and Arnold. Arnold had his arms wrapped around her and holding her against his body.

“You never have to fear to waken me up Arabella, because I will never hurt you. I fear Gina too much and your grandpa. Plus, Cadmus will bite me. Also, if you are ever feeling scared or lonely, just crawl into bed with us.” He places a kiss on her forehead.

They stay laying in bed for a while. Arabella snuggled in between Arnold and Gina. Arabella’s stomach rumbles.

“Sounds like someone is hungry.” Arnold looks at Arabella.

“Sorry.” She was blushing.

“It’s alright, sweetie. Why don’t you go and get a dress?”

“Okay, mom.” Arabella rolls over on top of Gina and then off the bed.

Once Arabella leaves the bedroom, Gina gets up out of bed. She helps Arnold out as well and the two of them start getting dress. Arnold does goose Gina before she puts her panties on.

Once everyone was a dress and the wolves were feed. They walk over towards the restaurant called the Sand Castle. The restaurant was busied then the other day. The hostess shows them to a booth.

Arabella gets one side to herself. Arnold and Gina were sitting across from her. Their waitress shows up and takes their orders.

While they are waiting for their meal “did you have fun yesterday, Arabella?”

Gina looks at her daughter.

“Yes, ma’am.” Arabella had enjoyed herself.

“Good, I was thinking we spend another day at the beach and tomorrow, we would go sailing,” Gina remembered that her father had a sailboat stored down here.

“I’ve never been sailing before.” As Arabella puts some honey butter on a biscuit.

“Then, it will be a treat for you.” Arnold went sailing with Gina up in Boston.

One of his classmates taught him how to sail and he knew Jack taught Gina how to sail. Arnold loved sailing and was thinking about maybe getting a sailboat.

“Grandpa won’t mind us using his sailboat?” Arabella looks at her mother.

“Nope, like I said before. Your Grandfather is smitten with you.” Gina knew her father wouldn’t mind anyway.

After breakfast, they take a walk as a family. Arabella was enjoying the walk and spending time with Arnold and her mother. They visit a few
shops that cater to tourist. Gina lets Arabella buy a few knick-knacks to put in her bedroom back home. They stop at a candy shop and buy some home-made fudge.

They make their way back home. Arabella gets a piggyback ride from Arnold and her mother. She watches how Arnold treats Gina. She notices he was really in love with her and watched as the two of them interacted. She plays frisbee with Cadmus and Trigger down on the beach. She loved her little wolf pup. They spend the rest of the day down on the beach either swimming or playing with the frisbee.

Arabella helps Gina and Arnold fix dinner. Her birth father never did anything like this with her. She enjoyed the attention she was getting from her adopted parents.

Arabella smiles as she watches Cadmus chase after Trigger. The little wolf pup had barked several times at Cadmus to get his attention. Once she had his attention, she managed to get him to chase her around the house.

“I have never seen Cadmus so active like he is now.” Arnold watches as Trigger runs away with Cadmus chasing her.

“That’s because Cadmus and Sphinx were the same age when I and Julia were given them. They played as most male wolves do. Now, he has a little female wolf that is testing him and seeing what she can get away with.” Gina thought it was cute.

All of them watch as Trigger barks at Cadmus. He lets out a low growl and Trigger runs away from him. Arabella feeds both wolves before they sit down to have dinner.

After dinner, Arabella helps her mother and Arnold clean-up. They go back down to the beach till it gets dark. Arabella helps Arnold dig a hole and collect some driftwood. They start a pit fire and roast a few marshmallows.

Arabella was enjoying herself on the beach and when she starts yawning. They head back to the house. She takes a shower and rinses her swimsuit out. Instead of sleeping in her own bed, she sleeps with Gina and Arnold. Trigger sleeps next to Cadmus.

Gina holds Arabella as she slept half on and half off her body. As she is holding Arabella, she never thought she would ever have a daughter. She never thought she would be free till her father rescued her and Julia. She also never thought she would be the President of a Private Security Contracting company and the president of a body armor company.

Gina holds Arabella as she slept. When they wake up in the morning, Arabella is snuggled against Arnold. Gina just smiles as she slips out of bed. Cadmus and Trigger follow her as she slips her house robe on and steps outside to let the wolves do their business and to watch the sunrise.

She hopes the boat storage company has gotten her father’s sailboat out of storage and has it ready for them. She didn’t want to disappoint Arabella. She just watches the sunrise.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sounds like a couple of lucky kids

Somehow I expect they wil not be the first. In our screwed up foster system there are many damaged children needing help.