The Continuing Adventures of Alexa & Jenny: #3 A Magical Day

Printer-friendly version

The Continuing Adventures of Alexa & Jenny: #3 A Magical Day

Paris had been great. Alexa and I had spent enough money to really make daddy mad, but we didn’t use his card for a change. We had bought it all on Alexa’s Credit card. Well at least until we maxed it out. We did do a little damage to the family card, but for the most part we were good. After three days of touring ‘The City of Lights’ we had on our way to the place I was excited to take Lex, Disneyland Paris.

Saying Alexa had a love for Disney would be an understatement. We had been to Walt Disney World twice already and were already thinking about another trip this winter. And every time we went to the Mall of America, we had to stop at the Disney Store and she rarely came out of there without at least a DVD. This trip was to be different though. This time we were in Paris and I had a little surprise up my sleeve for later.

After another day of wandering along the Seine, we packed our bags and began our journey to Disneyland Paris. We had decided to ship all our purchases back to London. so, we could still to travel light. Once again, Alexa’s small-town ways, or as I like to tease her ‘cheapness’ conflicted with my plans. I had ordered a car to drive us to the Disneyland Hotel, which while a bit on the extravagant side was a lot better than Alexa’s idea. “We can just take a train to the park. We don’t need spend all that money” Lex pouted. I walked over to her with a big smile on my face.

“I love you Lex, but you lost this one. This is our honeymoon and I am not going to let the love of my life be delivered to her magical place via commuter train.” The limo arrived, and we let the driver take our bags while we slid into the back seat of the car. Just like I had ordered, there was a bottle of champagne chilling on ice. We enjoyed the sparkling wine as we worked our way through Paris and out to Disney’s European Theme Park.

We pulled through the gates of the Mouse’s Parisian home and up to the entry of the Disneyland Hotel. We decided that we would wait until morning to explore the parks, giving us some time to rest up. I would say to do a little research, but Alexa had read just about everything she could find since we made these plans. The check-in process was a little difficult. My plans had been made during a phone conversation I had made before we left Minneapolis and were not for the ears of certain people. Thankfully, my high school level French and Alexa’s excitement allowed me to keep my surprise a secret. We went to our room and got settled in before deciding to head over to Disney Village to find something to eat and to, of course, do a little shopping.

We wandered around and looked for something good to eat. We were surprised at how American-themed all the choices were. There was even a Rainforest Café, which had started at the Mall of America. We finally settled on a 50’s themed dinner that was lots of fun, though a bit overpriced. The food wasn’t too bad, and it felt kind of good to have a taste of home. We wandered through the various shops. And while we both wanted to buy lots of things, we had made an agreement during this expedition not to buy anything until visiting the parks. We used this as a scouting excursion, so we could plan our later destruction. We were back in our room and tucked in bed early as we had a big day ahead of us.

The day started with the first implementation of my plan. When Alexa was getting dressed, I let out a scream. “Mouse!” I yelled out. Alexa giggled

“Of course, there is a mouse. Its Disneyland.” She said with a laugh.

I shoot her a slightly annoyed glance “I am not talking about Mickey. I just saw a mouse! We have to switch rooms!” I demanded. Lex rolled her eyes but nodded, she knew how much I hated mice. I grabbed the phone and called the front desk and demanded that we get a different room. Alexa just groaned as I spoke with the front desk in French. Once again, she was thrown off enough that I was able to put part one of the plan into motion. I hung up and told Alexa to get repacked and that guest services would move our luggage for us and our room would be waiting when we got back. Lex was a little miffed that she had to back her bag, but as usual was always sucker for me when I start kissing her and batting my eyelashes.

The great thing about this hotel was that it was right at the entrance of the park. I mean right there! Alexa was over the top as we made our way through the lobby to the special entrance to the entrance plaza right outside the Disneyland Train Station. As we passed through the turnstiles, I could see the pure joy on Alexa’s face as we entered the park. I reached down and grabbed her hand and began leading her into the park. She whispered a thank you to me as we walked underneath the train station and on to Main Street USA. I began walking towards the left side of the square. Lex wanted to stop and get some pictures with the various characters as they waited for the park guests to enter. “Please Jen!” Alexa whined a bit. “There’s Belle! I never got a picture with her before.” I smiled inwardly as I dragged my wife into the Storybook Store “We can go shopping anytime Jen. I want to get my picture taken.” Lex pouted. I shook my head as I thought about how girly Lex had become and how much of a little girl she could be when were at Disney. I ignored her pleas and walked to a special desk set up at the back of the store.

“May I help you?” A redheaded girl with a light French accent asked in English. Lex was ignoring me as I began speaking. She was to busy looking around the store.

“Yes, we have an appointment for a Princess Makeover for the two of us, Alexa and Jenny Quinn-Thompson?” I told the woman. Lex’s head snapped around in shock at my words. She starred at me for the longest time while the girl went on about what was going to happen. I smiled at the love of my life as I watched what was going to happen when it sunk in. I could see a tear start to form in her eye and I pulled her towards me. “Now everyone will see you as how I see you, a princess” I said before placing a light kiss on her cheek. The tears started to really form. I whispered for her to stop, but she couldn’t. The cast member stood and invited us back int the dressing area. I wiped a tear from Alexa’s cheek as I pulled her along. “Come on babe, its time that for you to claim your kingdom.”

For the next half hour, the two of us were primped and prodded by two cast members. I made a joke that it was worse than when the girlies did this at our wedding. “No, it’s not. Nikki and Katie aren’t here tightening the laces of my waist cincher.” Alexa said with a giggle. Being Disney, nothing was risqué at all, but there was an image that needed to be maintained. Our waists were pulled to their intended size and we were led over to where the beautiful dresses were hung. One was the two-toned lilac dress of Sleeping Beauty the other was the beautiful blue gown of Cinderella. I don’t know if it was habit or what, but Alexa moved towards the Sleeping Beauty dress.

“Uh-uh, that’s one mine.” I said. You would have thought I had said the sky is green by the confusion on Alexa’s face. I stepped over to her and gave her a light kiss on the lips. “You are the true star today. Your gown is that one.” Lex looked at me with a look of shock. She practically pleaded with me to switch dresses. I just shook my head. “You’re the true princess. Let’s get dressed and go see your kingdom.” Lex walked over to the blue dress and allowed herself to be zipped into the gown. We walked over to the large mirror that was in the dressing area and the two of us stared into it, just like at home. With Alexa’s hair becoming lighter with all the time we spent at the lake, she looked perfect and I let her know that.

We were led out of the shop and waiting for us was a horse drawn carriage. I didn’t even realize that this was part of the deal. Two men in full livery stood there and helped us into the back. Once we were settled, the carriage began a trek up Main Street USA. I felt like I was in a parade! Little girls stood along the street, pointed up at the two of us and waved. I waved back but it took a little bit to get Alexa to break out of her shell. But, by the time we made it to the castle she had become a big ham. When we disembarked the carriage, there were more people waving and some asking to have their pictures taken with us, including a few young men. We obliged everyone, including the boys but it was the ones with the little girls that really made Alexa’s true personality come up. She was soaking up all the attention and it made me feel proud.

The rest of the day was a whirlwind. We were treated like royalty as we toured the park. We were able to move to the front of the line on every attraction and we were constantly stopping for pictures. It was fun watching Alexa get into it, as she seemed to get the most attention, even from the various males who wanted their pictures taken. But I wasn’t nervous. I knew that she was all mine, a point she reminded me of several time through out the day. After a long day, we made our way back to the Storybook Store to return to our normal lives. That was when the latest surprise came for my wife. We were told we could keep the dresses. The cast handed us a bag the included the clothes we came in and two dress bags, so we could transport them home. We thanked the cast members and began our stroll back to the next surprise of our little vacation. As we were walking back, Lex did get an evil look on her face. “I can’t wait to get home and wear our dresses for Danny. That will really blow his mind.” The two of us laughed all the way back to the hotel where I sprung my last trap.

We checked in at the front desk and were given the key card to our new room. Alexa was too busy talking to a family with a blonde hair spitfire who appeared to be 7 or 8, to hear what room we had been assigned. I pulled Alexa from her new friend and led her up to the room. We opened the door and Alexa stood in shock staring into the Deluxe ‘Princess’ room I had lined up for the rest of our stay. The view was wonderful, it was of the Castle all lit up. I had to practically drag Alexa into the plush room.

“Jen, wha-, what is this?” She asked as I pulled her over to the balcony. I rested my head on her shoulder as we stood and stared out at the Castle. I reached over and kissed her on the cheek.

“I just wanted to show you how special you truly are. You like to tease me that I am a princess, but you truly are a princess. I love you Lex.” I said as I rested my head on her shoulder again. I was truly the Happiest person at the Happiest Place on Earth. And the best part, it would only get better.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Mouse Returns!

This will be the last little scene of the girls European honeymoon. Those of you have read the original story know of Alexa’s (and my) love of Disney. I couldn’t turn down a trip to Disneyland Paris. I know that this part is a little self-indulgent and probably as impossible an idea as could be but, who cares!
,
Hope you enjoy.

Kris

Absolutely Beautiful

Lots of happy tears, a wonderful conclusion to their honeymoon. You can tell that the author is a Disney fan. Looking forward to more adventures as the duo go through life. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs Fran Cesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Jenny IS a sneeky one

Samantha Heart's picture

But for Lex it is worth it. Disney euorp for a HONEYMOON PERFICT!!!!DAD probably will have a few things to say when they get back but as lkng as they had fun it was worth it lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Oh my! I want to go!

Loved this interlude. Just like a real vacation. Now I can go back to work with a smile on my face.

>>> Kay