Shadowsblade: School year 2...Start of the new year and new hopes!

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter

New beginnings for our Drow twins!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 3, 2007 6:45 PM
Whateley, Poe cottage

It was late Memorial day and the last free day or day off before classes began for this new year. We Drow were washing up the last of our clothes from a long week and straightening out our room when someone knocked at the door and I opened it to find GO-GO grinning at me dressed in one of the school's messenger vests, "TheysentmeovertotellyouthatCarsonwantstoseeya...bye!" she sang to me and was already flying back down the hallway at breakneck speed before she even finished.

"Sugar...it's one hell of a drug!" I laughed at the sight.

Rehanna laughed along with me, "I hope none of the kids we train are that fast, it hurts my brain to even talk to one!"

A short time later.

Before I even thought to walk into Schuster hall, we had ported over to a nice place in California we had found nearby that incredible fish and chips, plus PIZZA place we had found with Art's help. This was the finest bake shop in the LA area and spotting a Rolls Royce parked out front grabbing doughnuts was not uncommon!

We picked out a few, heck we picked out a whole lot of the yummy treats and made sure that a few of them were boxed separately in a smaller box. A quick port home, had left one huge box sitting out on a table in Poe for the rest of the building and one large box was well hidden in my room from the rest of the sweet treat crazed girls!

Then we ported over to Schuster hall, we did not dare port inside the building...the darn magical wards on the building had been renewed over the summer and then even added too! So that left us with only one option and that was quickly leaping up the stair towards Carson's office, where I laid that one smaller box on Elaine's desk with a smile, "There ya go!"

Elaine peeked inside the box and found the bakery treat that resembled her name...Chocolate Éclairs!

She eyeballed us twins instantly, "These had better be good, I warned you no treats that don't taste good!"

"Well you try one and tell me?" I smiled to her.

Elaine took one of the treats out of the boxed wrapped in its wax paper to keep her fingers clean, then leaned over it and the box to take a bite. Her eyes instantly rolled back into her head as the bliss of the chocolate hit her and she moaned out sensually, "Ohhhh that is good! My diet hates you!..." she took another large bite, "But I love ya and go on in, Carson is waiting for you!"

"Only the best for you Miss Claire and just so you know. That tasty treat is baked by a devisor, that is why it tastes so utterly yummy and has no calories!" I said

"...but the cost per éclair is...WOOOF!" Rehanna added in for us both.

With a very happy Elaine behind me, I closed the double doors to Carson's office while Rehanna greeted her, "Hi Ma'am, have nice summer and what's up?"

"I had a great summer...Rehanna?" she questioned the one twin nearest her and received a nod agreeing, "But yes my summer was fine and I heard that yours went just great with the movie part."

"Ohhhh yes Ma'am," I said taking my seat next to my twin, "We had fun and learned a few things over the last few months."

"And what would that be?" the headmistress questions us both.

"We found out that we can eat some types of fish, plus some shell fish. You know crab, lobster and shrimps. Then add most mollusks, clams, mussels...you know?" I added in next.

"Good to know, I had heard most Sidhe only ate vegan for the most part and now you say Drow can eat those items. Have you tested that out with other Sidhe?"

"Yes ma'am we did and for the most part all of my close friends seem to be on par with what I can stand and love it!" I smiled.

"I am sure that you're both wondering why I called you in?" Carson started with a smile.

"Hummm Ma'am, the all Sidhe martial arts classes I would think?" I questioned her with a title of my head 'why did she call me in, all of that was really started by Rascal and a few others that wanted dedicated class time for our lessons...then add getting credit for the effort!'

"Well I have to ask you both this important question?" she began once more and this time I could tell that Carson was being VERY serious!

"Yes, Ma'am?" we both echoed.

"Do you know or have any involvement in another Drow showing up at the academy this term...one boy that is exactly like both of you. Save that he does not have your skills and memories that we have found. But body wise, he is a Drow exactly like you are?" Carson asked and leaned over to us both awaiting an answer.

I shook my head to her and Rehanna parroted the action, "Why no Ma'am, both of us had nothing to do with this student and have never met him. But hope that we can help him out in anyway we can with his transition to one of our kind," I smiled LYING for the first time since my changes!

~"Great Gaea!" I mentally shouted over to Rehanna in shock and tried very hard to cover up any emotions I might be LEAKING out all over the place right now!

Rehanna's more than shocked voice echoed inside my head, ~"We LIED! A trapped and bound DROW just LIED!"~

~"Shhh!"~ I mentally gave her back, ~"We have to keep that to ourselves...whatever or however we just did that!"~

"Well that is not what I was expecting at all? But you never lie, so I have to come to a new conclusion. One that has this boy's mutation or change happening normally and that makes it a very strange one indeed!"

"That it is Ma'am, very strange indeed and this might mean that us Drow or Sidhe in general are coming back I have to wonder?" I smiled and Rehanna nodded eagerly with me.

"Well that was my only question and congratulation is due on the all Sidhe class you are help instruct. I am sure Sensei Ito had lots to do with it, as he really wanted you to teach his more 'heroic' tracked students your way of fighting...at least to a point that is best held to." Carson said as she stood up to offer her hand to each of us in turn, "Please have a good day."

"Thanks ma'am," we both echoed once more and left the room.

We passed by a still very happy Elaine and shoot out of the office as fast as we both could run without getting yelled at! Then ported right back to our room, I fell onto the futon with Rehanna next to me.

"We LIED!" she grinned over to me.

"Well that is a big change, no HUGE change, so say our shared memories and what does it mean I have to wonder?" I said back.

"It might be you, the old human Jack part helped or we had to LIE to keep Kevin and what we did to him a secret." she pondered back to me.

"I think you are right, changing Kevin was very much like a military secret and to keep that secret under wraps, we could do anything or say anything!"

~o~O~o~

A few hours later near midnight and the start of the new day

Both of us went out to patrol the Grove, so we could check on the World Tree and see how other things were going on out there. We had not done too much patrolling of our turf while Kevin was 'cooking' and this needed to be done!

Right off while we both swung out into the northern part of the Grove and slightly past its borders into Medawihla tribal lands. We came across a large set up of humans on tribal land and really close to the Grove's border, much too close to be good and that might lead to trouble for the humans, as well as the Grove itself.

The group was made up of mostly men and just a few women personal, all of them were grouped around three large motor homes or mobile command posts? And that last part came to my mind as I noted the FBI logo filling the side on one and all the cop cars spread along the rough dirt road leading into this box canyon from the main roads.

The whole camp did not seem to have been there for more than today or maybe the last two days I guessed by the amount of trampling of the surrounding brush. As I circled in closed and Rehanna kept to the outer ring of the camp, I spotted that they were gathering up a large group to head out into the direction of the Grove.

Having a large group of FBI agents, with local and state cops vanish into the Grove was a bad idea! One that could gain the place unwanted attention and attention we did not need on where the World Tree was growing!

With the group assembled and ready to go, we had to act and I leapt down from a tree overlooking them all with the biggest 'thud' I could muster as warning. More than one agent spun my way with weapons ready.

"Freeeeze!" most of them yelled out one after another.

"Hey guys I am here to help ya?" I smiled pulling off my mask hoping that showing them all my face instead of a 'skull mask' might calm them, but seeing a Drow looking like me was not exactly calming to most humans...maybe that is some sort of racial memory at work I had to personally wonder? I had hunted more than a few humans for the royals in my long past life!

"What IN the hell is a mutant kid doing out here!" one leader barked out while lowering his weapon a little.

"Sir there is a school of them nearby and I never said anything because we were keeping well north of their grounds," A local sheriff said as he holstered up is pistol.

"Well shit, just go back onto class kid...we are hunting a very dangerous fugitive, a murder of several people and a cop killer...just go home!" the leader wearing an FBI jacket barked at me.

The local cop and a state trooper interrupted him almost in stereo, "Ahh the kid might know this area better than us sir?"

"What would she know?" he questioned them and me with a harsh glare.

Rehanna crept out of the shadows nearest the now angry leader, "Well one, we live here and know the area very well. So well, in fact that we can tell you one thing."

The shocked leader spun around to her at hearing her spooky voice coming virtually out of nowhere and raised his gun once more, "And what would that be...and never sneak up on an agent!"

"If you keep going south, you will not find what or who you seek. Then add that area is most dangerous, plus many, many people have simply vanished in there." I added to him next.

"That's BS!" he barked back at me.

"Sir this area has been strange forever." One local added in, "heck the whole Miskatonic River Valley is just plain strange and that is why ARC is up here...to keep a lid to say on it!"

"Besides, all of you are very lost I'd bet too...Your GPS is not working quite right and the maps suck?" Rehanna said pulling off her mask and showed that we were twins.

"Humm twin elves?" one cop asked.

"Twin Drow or Sidhe is the correct term!" I growled a little.

"Well we still don't need your help, so get back to school and leave the area before you get into trouble." the leader added with a huff of anger.

"Me in trouble, I'd say you all are in trouble...This is Medawihla tribal land and they did not authorize you all to go stomping around their lands I'd bet?" Rehanna sassed out.

Right then, a large cougar or mountain lion gracefully walked out of the nearby brush and came over to me. I leaned down to her as the men pointed guns at it, I ignored them to give the huge cat a head butt that showed friendship to the large cat and I knew it was one of the tribes many Weres showing up to check in on this group of silly humans!

"Hey move slowly or it mig...." One man said to me as a few wolves howled far off and I knew that meant more of the local tribe of Weres was watching us!

"Might hurt me? Not going to happen. We Drow are so tuned into this area, nothing would hurt us out here and we call it home." I said standing up, "Bedsides, you shooting this cat would be a mistake and a huge one. Taking or hunting or killing animals on tribal land...the FBI would have to arrest it's own!" I laughed.

The big cat moved over to Rehanna and started purring while rubbing against her legs like a huge house cat!

"Girls please leave, we have work to do!" he barked a warning, then added even madder, "Or I will have you both arrested!"

"So even though we told or warned you all that this area and the one your headed into is dangerous, so much so! It will kill you or you vanish from sight and you are sending your men into that mess?" I asked once more.

"HEY!" he yelled back at us now, his patience now spent, "I am FBI agent in charge Gunderson and you have to go...NOW!"

"Well that makes sense now, I agree that you are the FUCKING BIG IDIOT in charge and will get someone killed!" I yelled back much to the now laughing amusement of several of the men around us all, the snickers carried on just as a beat up jeep slid into the clearing from the patch work trail to the west of us and only a very well set up Jeep could even make that trip. What laid off in that direction was the Medawihla tribal village for the most part.

A large Native American stepped out of the Jeep or in this case nearly stepped up from the Jeep even with its tall lift kit and he smiled at seeing me. I know who it was instantly because of his size, plus the badge he wore and it was Stalking Bear or Joey Waters the tribe's sheriff.

Joey was so large because most of his family was descended from Were bears, that caused most of the family to run HUGE...linebacker who ate the team Huge! Not to mention FLUFFY soft when they changed...so very FLUFFY!

"Heya Joey!" I sang at the sight of him, one of the nearby Weres must have run all the way back home and grabbed Joey for him to get here so soon?

"Greeting Shadow," he said nodding to both of us and using Shadow and not each of our names was a sort of verbal shorthand. "What is going on here?" he asked walking over to the large table that had a map laid out on it and started to stare down Agent Gunderson with his well over six foot six height advantage!

"Ohh nothing..." I started nonchalantly and took some of the snack nuts off a dish of them tossing them into my waiting mouth, "FUCKING BIG IDIOT in charge Gunderson was about to send his men over that-a-way" I pointed over to the Grove, "and get them all killed I'd bet?"

"Hummm?" he grinned to me then glared at Gunderson, "so what are you doing out here and out here on my land, my turf and without my being notified or even ASKED!"

"We are hunting a fugitive, a murder of several people and cop killer! You should be helping our investigations, not hindering them?" Gunderson spat.

"Well if you had called me, us locals could have found this person in a day...this IS our land and we know these woods better than anyone! Heck Shadow here would find them in a day or less if you had asked nicely?" Stalking Bear winked my way.

"Well we don't need any of your help, besides we are not on tribal land and please leave before I have both of you arrested." Gunderson waved off the larger man and started making notes on his map.

Joey placed one of huge fingers on the map, "So this is where you think your at?"

"Yes, verified by map and GPS more than once."

"You are lost, you are WAY down here" his large finger trailed across the map and stopped several inches away, "and let me guess...you needed at least ten tries to get a GPS fix? Then add I'd bet the locals warned you that the darn things don't work out here very well, nor do most electronics because this valley has been FUCKING weird forever." Joey growled.

"Well thanks for telling us where we are, now get going or I arrest all three of you!" the agent suggested once more with than a hint of anger hanging on his words at being told he was very wrong.

"Arrest me, on tribal land? The car carrying me would never make the main road before my people reacted badly to you doing that and then I would arrest you!" Joey growled and I could see that he meant it. Then add I could hear all the Weres in the woods surrounding us and more than a few of them were in human form, then add armed I'd bet!

The two of them were very much toe to toe! when the local state trooper stepped in, "Agent Gunderson, the sheriff is correct...He has jurisdiction. We are on his land, we should have notified him long before we all got lost and went even deeper into it?"

"You guys work this all out, I have a bed to get to and grab a breakfast to eat real soon because I am famished. But call me if FUCKING BIG IDIOT in charge, still has trouble finding his prey!..." I smiled to Joey and both of us vanished from sight with a port home.

~o~O~o~

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:30PM
Whateley Academy, Eastman annex

The first day of class came and went for the most part quietly, I had left both of the newly minted Elves to find themselves and attend classes without my interference. But today being class day number two was different! This was the first day of basic martial arts for both of them and all of the others elves had been given the same class time, along with our team or groups request for the next two hours be blocked off just for our kind or race to practice with my tutelage.

Kevin was walking right beside his sister Tonya, as they both headed out from the locker room section of the huge Eastman annex and on to the workout mat area. Both noticed right off that the twins were standing by what seemed to be the class's instructors or other student assistants, "Ohh this seems very strange, the twins are teaching our class?" Tonya sighed out.

"Well I can see why, look sis there are eight other elves in our class and two of them are Drow?" Kevin said while his ears 'tuned' to see if both of them were just like him and found they were not by the beating of a single heart in each one's chest...just two elves in gray to dark colored skin and nothing like him or the Leigh twins at all.

Tonya noticed that most of the older students seemed to be taking places kneeling along the large mat's edges, all but one side facing the instructors offices and she followed suite, then tugged at her brothers workout top to get his attention, "Hey get down here and try to blend in will ya!"

As Kevin kneeled beside his sister, an older, short Asian man strode out into the center of the waiting students, "Please be quite, class has begun and to you newcomers. We start class when one of your instructors walks onto this mat or one of our assistant instructors, then you all must be silent and already kneeling on the mats edges past the red line...now please take a seat!" he barked out to the teens.

The old Asian nodded to the class once everyone had found a spot along the red line and had left one side of the mat open towards the locker rooms and the instructors offices for their use, "Good, good. I am Master Sensei Ito Soke students and this is Master Sensei Tolman" he waved to the tall, athletic African-American lady standing next to him, "then these three students are Toni or Chaka and that part was her code name. Then the Leigh twins Shadowsblade and Shadowsblades Or Rohanna, then Rehanna...when you can tell the difference between them, you can graduate to level two of this class." he laughed.

Then he began again as the laughter to his jest had died down from the students, "All three are assistant instructors for this class and just so the newcomers know. We decided to add in all the Sidhe or to us humans for the most part...Elves...all into one class and give them the next time slot for Sidhe only workout time. The Academy made this small change, since we seemed to be overrun with them this term." he smiled and gave a short laugh, then pointed to the closest student. Who was a African-American teen, with a lithe body and long legs, "Toni or Chaka will flip between this class and a few others, the twins will be permanent here at all times. Then add for the rest of the human students kneeling here, all of you or them are advanced enough to keep up with the Sidhe and with the twins teaching style...and do note my students! They are harsh but fair...AND you will learn techniques from them that no one else teaches...truly lost arts in this case!"

He let that all sink in for a few monuments while the assembled students glanced around at one another, "As for etiquette, I am always to be referred as Master Sensei or Sensei at the very least and so is Master Sensei Tolman. Toni or Chaka prefers her names or sensei and the twins only want to be called Jabbress, that is 'sensei' or 'mistress' in their native Drow language. Then lastly instructions are given thusly, 'Hajime!' is the command to begin your match and 'Yamete!' means it's done and to stop right when you hear it no matter what!" he barked loudly to add emphases to the order.

Ito then walked the edge of the mat seeming to compare students both new and old, then selected a pair to have a match neither Kevin or Tonya caught the names of them before they stood. One was a human male who seemed to be a senior, tall handsome American native by looks and the other was an elf girl of average height with bright green eyes and long blond hair.

"Well this seems to be a good match! Rules are simple cage and you can use all powers...as long as you don't level the building... 'Hajime!'..."Ito shouted and both of them leapt to the center to began fighting wildly.

The both of them traded several blows and then the boy tossed the girl across the mat towards a waiting metal cage. She rolled to her feet instantly, then she waved her arms and wind blew at the boy holding him back and that action gained a short nod of approval from Rehanna.

"I get it now Kev, you have to get your opponent into the cage to win!" Tonya said and gave her fellow elf a small clap saluting her skills.

Next both pitched wind based power against one another and the flow of the battle tossed back and forth between them for several tense minutes. At one point the much larger boy seemed to have the upper hand with him being six foot two and the elf being thinner and only five foot even. But he seemed to have her trapped at the cages door and held in a harsh grasp that bound her arms...until she struck out and hit him in the side. That folded the larger boy instantly and she shoved him into the cage, then slammed the door on his pained face!

"Good Zephyr, you won that match and Stormwolf...son...you now see that she has obviously learned some skills from the twins and now you know why I started this class." Ito said as he opened the cage for the boy to exit.

"Yes sensei, I had no doubts that I would learn something here." he bowed back to the much smaller man.

Rohanna just nodded to the blond as she passed by and gave her a small tap on the shoulder with a short baton, that must have been her way of showing approval to Zephyr, "You practiced during the summer I see...good!"

Ito took the mat's center once more after both students found their places along the edge, "Now see class, both of them had 'wind' as their power or mutation and both knew how to fight well...but one had learned some of what our Drow twins teach over the last term and that gave the much smaller, weaker in strength student the upper hand when she used it and that is why I formed this class. The human students here are the most likely to go on to hero or law enforcement work after graduating. So they will find anything learned right here on this very mat invaluable!"

The small man paces the mat, then stops at a Korean-American boy, "You are next Robert, please take your place." Then Ito paces over a few and stands in front of Tonya, "You are up now Tonya, please go to the center."

"Yes Sensei!" she barked back and gave a short bow of someone that has taken martial arts before today?

Both of them stood at center mat as Ito began, "Same rules as last match up, all powers can be used and no leveling the building please!"

'Hajime!'..." Ito shouted out.

The boy instantly leapt at Tonya, who blocked his high knee going right to her chest with a knee of her own and skillfully swept at his other leg in return. Robert danced his way out of the connecting blow and swung a fist at Tonya's face that did connect, rocking her head back violently from the blow!

Tonya staggered back, while keeping all of Robert's kicks from connecting with anything important and then grabbed his workout top to roll him over a shoulder to the mat. From the mat, Tonya made a grab at his top again to try and toss him again towards the waiting cage doors.

But Robert blasted Tonya in the face with a fireball that sent her flaying away from the surprise of it...but she was unhurt and unsinged? As she reeled back, Robert jumped back to his feet and rolled another fireball her way!

To the surprise of most of the class, Tonya used her outstretched hands to guide the ball of fire back to Robert and at the same time added to its power immensely! Its large blast tossed him back unhurt, but stunned.

Tonya wasted valuable time looking at her hands in surprise, "Where in the fuck did that come from?" she shouted and Robert took that time to regain his senses.

Robert recovered quickly then tossed a fireball at Tonya once again, but this time he added in a long tail of flame coming from this hands to add into its power. Tonya tossed up both of her hands to block the blast and seemed to bend it all right back at him, then add even MORE to the blast waves coming at the boy. All of this added power when it finally hit Robert's body tossed him slowly and finally right into the waiting cage...thus finishing the match with a shout from Ito...'Yamete!'

Even with her victory, Tonya could only stare at her hands in awe, "I did all that?"

Rohanna slapped her back to move her gently off the mat, "That you did, I had heard that you tested out for the element of fire and it's most certain that Gaea has blessed you with even more than I thought. With a some effort on your part in training, we can sharpen those skills into an awesome weapon or defense! Now...please take your place Tonya and think of a cool codename to complement that power of yours?" the Drow offered.

A very surprised Robert or Firecat asked Rehanna as she opened the cage's latch for him, "What was that and why did she win with ease...I have more training than her?"

"That was Gaea blessing one of mine and I told you months ago. Always keep control of your fire powers at all times! Lest someone that is trained in the element of fire, RIPS that power from you and uses it all against you." the Drow twin warned.

Rohanna tell the class what happened in this case," Ito asked.

"Yes sensei, Robert used his fire powers against one who is blessed by the world in the natural form of its use and with that she wrenched it all from him and used it against him...while adding to the fire element with her own powers. In other words...don't mess with an Sidhe blessed by Gaea in your power....you will lose most of the time or worse!" I lectured the class.

As I told the class the ways or the elements that Sidhe can or do control. Across the room Gordon, the boy who had selected Kevin out on induction day for his soon to begin bullying and now leads a fresh group of want to be losers or bullies in training. He eyeballs the class full of elves and hisses at the sight, "See they just have to have the 'fairies' fight one another and some students that are trained NOT to hurt them!"

Kevin was next after three other matches, when his turn came. He was matched against another elf or Sidhe he was quickly learning correct term for his new race and this one was a year two student girl with bright green hair called...Absinth.

Ito explained the rules, as Kevin wondered what to do? He did have a high brown belt in Aikido, just one step below the lowest black belt and he knew a few other fighting styles. But he had no powers, at least that he knew of?

Kevin almost missed Ito yelling, "Hajime." And the smaller girl leapt right at him like a crazed spider monkey!

She flailed at him with kick after kick and then added in hard blows that told Kevin she meant business! He had to walk backwards towards the waiting cage, this green haired demon was steering his back right at it and he had to act right now.

Kevin reacted sending as many blows as he could get past right back at the girl and putting her on the defensive with ease as his hits were much stronger with him being a Drow! He pushed her back inch by inch, but she pulled on him a slide move across the mat and it ended up behind him!

The girl wound up her right arm like she was about to toss something and a small fairy or pixie appeared in the hand just before she tossed it. That little green flying blurr stuck Kevin in the face and nothing happened.

As a wave of spell based hallucinations flowed over Kevin and did nothing. The girl shouted out in surprise, "DAMN IT!"

"Gwen, he is a Drow and did you actually think that was going to work on him?" I laughed from the sideline, "Now think of what to do next girl?" I added.

"Shu! No one told me that and why didn't you Ro?" Gwen yelled.

"The enemy does not give you briefings before battle, now do they?" I questioned her back with reason.

"Well heck!" she shouted and jumped behind Kevin trying to get him into the waiting cage.

But Kevin was ready for that and swung out with an arm bar that sent Gwen flying back. That is when Gwen tossed an illusion of no less than ten twins of herself out and that stopped Kevin instantly, because he did not know what one of the many green haired elves was the real one?

The teen boy spun to any twin that got too close, each one 'faked' an attack but never actually hit Kevin and doing that made sure he did not know what one was the real Gwen!

I was about to help Kevin with a hint from the sideline, when I thought doing so might link us both too closely in the schools eyes way too soon and spoil our secrets! So I kept quiet as Rehanna chastised me in my mind, ~"The boy must fight his own battles and learn or he will never earn us as he should!"~

But soon enough Gwen got the drop on the boy that was unskilled in fighting a mutant let alone a fellow Sidhe! Gwen shoved him at just the right time and spun Kevin far to close to the waiting cage, where a few more blows from her ended the match with the new Drow inside the cage!

Rehanna instantly barked out at him, "Xa'huuli!" and walked away from Kevin in disgust. (worthless)

As I pull the lock open to let Kevin out, I whispered to him low enough only a Drow could even hear me, "We need to practice more out in the Grove and yes bring your sister...we will begin on Friday night at two AM. "

~o~O~o~

Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:50PM
ARC, Dr Otto's outer offices

We had come up to ARC after class was done for the day for a few quick tests as the new school year began, I was just tossing on my shirt behind a privacy curtain and Rehanna was busy tying on her sneakers when Dr. Otto walked into the exam room.

"Well all is fine and the new numbers showed that you grew very much like any teenage human would do over the summer or at least matching what Sidhe numbers we do have?" he smiled, then handed me both of my sneakers as I sat on the exam bed to get them on.

"I guess that is good then?" Rehanna added standing up and grabbing her jacket but not putting it on just yet. It was more fashion, the tight leather coat from our trip down under than needed for the weather.

"As far as us poor humans can tell, but I have one more thing to ask of you tonight?"

"What's up Doc!" I jested in a bugs bunny voice!

"I have a researcher on Sidhe, Sidhe history and Sidhe languages that needs to chat with you and to confirm some of her translations of some of the books we just rediscovered in the vaults."

"Who is she Otto and what does she need? I may or may not help her, remember I have limits..."I said reminding him of our binds or Geas that still held us both!

"She is Ellena Blackwood, one of my best translators and historians on the ancient world, plus a bit of pre-sundering expert." Otto smiled to us as we all left the room.

Several floors deeper in the ARC complex, Ellena was reciting her translated notes into a small voice recorder to check that she was VERY sure of them being translated right and her sounding or pronouncing the words just right. One small mistake right now in her mind and both Drow would rip her apart!

Ellena pressed the recorder's 'play' button to hear her translation of the 'order' that she would give the Drow in hopes of binding them to her will. She played it a few times more, then taped herself a few more times and tested out each one until she felt her words were perfect!

Ellena went over the last few months in her mind as she sat in her chair, she had been given this 'dead end' assignment on translating the Drow language or finding out more information on their history for ARC. But that was going nowhere until a new person or GOO being came out of long term storage over at Homestake's storage vault and their work had sent her a few books form the deep vaults in that hole in the ground.

One of those books, she dropped the old tome while working on its translation and the inner cover page 'popped' lose! Just inside the cover page was hidden a hand written letter about many Drows being transferred from one commander to another and how royals commanding them was done! It was only the basics, but a massive start.

The letter told her the Drow were slaves and that a few lines of a code could and would allow one to control them utterly! That small note had them written right on the back of the last page, but hidden by some means that took the research department almost a month to find with lasers, x-rays and who knows what else!

It took her the next tow months asking for even more texts from Homestake and then add some that had been freshly sent from Whateley's vault to even translate what she had. The last key was asking two Elvin experts that headmastered a school over in the Cleveland Ohio Area.

With the new books from Homestake, Whateley and the last bit of help from the two in Ohio. Ellena had a breakthrough and was going to try it all out tonight...live or die...there was no going back now!

Ellena's phone rang and Otto was on the other end, "Miss Blackwood, we are heading down to your office are we still on for this meeting?" he asked.

"Ohh yes, I would not miss this meeting for the world and I have many, many questions for the Leigh twins."

Shortly, Ellena was greeting all three of her guests at her door and guided both twins into her office as she pointed out two chairs in front of her small desk inside her equally small office, "Please have a seat girls and Otto I need some time with them...many, many questions. Did you want to stay and see over it all or do you have other things to do?" she asked hoping that Otto would leave!

"How long will this take?" he asked.

"Ohh an hour, maybe lest maybe more? I am not sure, but what ever the twins give me this time will help and maybe a few interviews and questions later will help?" she tried to smile and hide her personal intentions!

"Fine, just give me a call when you are done. But limit this session to two hours or less please, because they both have class tomorrow." Otto gave and started of towards the waiting elevators and his office above.

Ellena waved to Otto as she closed the doors, then flipped the lock while covering the sound with her banging a foot on the door. She sat down at her desk smiling to the teens who were busy looking over her small office, "Well lets us get started, shall we?"

"Your dime Miss Blackwood," the teen closest to her said.

"You are Rohanna I am guessing?"

"Well you nailed it on the first try Miss Blackwood, most people don't." the Drow grinned at her.

"Nice!" Ellena said and picked up her notes and began once more, "Ah'hri ya ph'nglui nilgh'ri hnahh llll fahf ep task Iiahe ymg' mgepah mgepah'ehye nng!"

Both Drow went instantly ridged as statues!

In the shared Drows mind, just as that last Syllable sounded out.

Jack was tossed violently into a dank dark cell that smelled of death and moldy age. It looked like one you would find in a medieval castle or vampire movie! He bounced against the far stone wall, hurting from every part of his body. He looked down at himself and found that he was very much human once again...in here, in this shared mind he was human once again? He thought, that had not happened in this shared mind for many months since the change and now being human once again was a very strange feeling...then add a man to all of that!

Jack leapt to the bars and tried to wrench open the cell door, it did not even rattle one bit from all his struggles. The bars were very thick and firm, the door was large and the lock was just as strong, then add it seemed to have no keyholes?

A childlike sobbing cry came from behind him, "I told you that this would happen again...Drow are never free for too long and the horror has just began!"

Jack spun around at the sound and found a very thin Drow girl that seemed to be about ten at best.

But what took his breath away was her condition!

She had the appearance of being beaten violently all her life, she was torn, bruised in several places especially around each wrist and ankle, like chains had held her for years.

What little clothes or in this case, torn dirty rags covering her thin shivering from fear body, were bloody from very fresh wounds. The normally purple black skin Drow have, was smudged by years of dirt and grim, plus her own dried blood.

She was huddled into the farthest corner from the cell door, trying to hide from what the door really was...a prison! That small child was trying to hide even from him, any of her hopes at regaining freedom obviously having left her mind so very long ago.

"Rehanna...Shadowsblade?" he questioned the small shivering body, not sure if it was the great warrior he knew!

"I told you, we are never free!" she shouted up at Jack as best her small broken body could!


~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2018 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What was to be feared

What was to be feared unfortunately happened. Now, it is only to be hoped that the little newfound freedom to lie, and the previous refusal, as Aunghadhail tried to order Rohanna, can help Rohanna out of this seemingly hopeless situation.

But who knows, maybe a hitherto unknowable strength of Jack will help the Drow twins somehow fight the gaes and finally give them the free will that they have been denied so far.

The Shadowblade stories are still my favorite stories of yours, and I'm glad they've been continued. Thank you for that, and I hope we can read soon how the fate of the twins continues.

we will seee muahhhhh

shadowsblade's picture

But

that 'lie' was a huge start to the Twins being free-er than they ever have been!...maybe?

but for that Aunghadhail part where she did not obey Anug...Drow only see the black and whites of life..words, meaning , laws ect and Aung was dead...very dead and had no standing over the living in Ro's mind

But Jack that human part, he may see things differently than the older Rohanna or I write that Rehanna is the more Drow half can?

thanks for the read and post/chat!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

But one thing puzzles me. How

But one thing puzzles me. How could the ancient Sidhe have been so stupid as to allow other races to take control of their slaves? Wouldn't they have taken the precaution that only Sidhe could issue orders to their Drow slaves? If that were the case, then Rehanna would not have to obey a mere human's order, right?

It's just an opinion of mine, and should not be a criticism of your stories. But somehow I can not imagine that it would be so easy to get control of such a deadly weapon as the Drow. But I'm probably completely on the wrong track and the next part will clear up a lot and give me the necessary aha-effect.

I'll jump on this for ya and

shadowsblade's picture

I'll jump on this for ya and its not revealing too much to do so

the commands are broken down many levels and yes the Sidhe do have orders that only a royal sidhe can give or stop,
but below that is many levels and most don't care who or the what race gives them...this is done so that these 'soldiers' can be sent off to others on a lend-lease style or as escorts to other lands or as messengers

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

well

someone is dead

love this story

Just can't get enough of it. Wondering what will happen next and if jack is strong enough to break them free of this situation. Was wondering though what happened to the rest of year 2's stories as I was going to reread them but they seem to have dissapeared

Freeing the drow

Gianna Michelle's picture

Can't wait to see how you bring about the twins getting free from that evil woman.

I have left hints/clues

shadowsblade's picture

I have left hints/clues/little whispers all over the last --million words on the Drow twins???

somewhere....muhahhahaahaha!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Hell!

I am not liking where this is going for the drows. But I am liking this plot more.. going into entrapment and forced to do against one's will. That Blackwood girl is so daring stupid. She is already dead I just don't know how yet.. Wow Shadowblades, this is going to be one long story to tell.

Wondering what will hapen next?

Controlling tue drows is one thing. The real questions is for what purpose? Killing spree? Seems Ms Blackwood has forgotten Santa's warning.

She donna hear so well

Jamie Lee's picture

How was it possible for the twins to lie to Mrs. Carson? Was their new ability the result of helping Kevin or something similar? Might Mrs. Carson be a bit miffed if/when she finds out they did lie to her?

Apparently Ellena didn't listen so good when the Jolly Elf told her NOT TO DO IT! And he laid out what would happen if she did. But she didn't listen and went ahead with her plan.

Now her want to be in charge of the Arc has taken its first steps. But might she have not taken as much into account as she should? Might the twins new found ability to lie undo the command given them? Might the Jolly Elf appear and make good on his promise? And when the twins finally get out of this mess, there might be, "clean up on aside 5."

Others have feelings too.

LOL

shadowsblade's picture

Well stay a spell and buzz around a bit!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective