SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Taris Breaking the Script

Printer-friendly version

"Lt. Miro is the ship ready?"

"Yes captain."

"Good inform the FDO we are departing." I watched as they completed separate duties. The ship rose once we had the okay and floated out of the hanger bay. I felt the not so subtle shift in the gravity as we passed the air shield.

"Set course for Taris jump when ready." T-7 beeped as he felt like he had wanted to run the numbers. The ship's navicomp was finished in a matter of minutes with the quickest route. I turned and left the bridge as the stars stretched out.

"Master who is this Watcher One?" Kira sat down next to me while handing me a fresh cup of stimcaf.

"He is the most likely person we will run into on Taris."

"That doesn't fit into Imperial Intelligence. Wouldn't we run into a cipher agent?"

"As much as General Var Suthra refused to tell us what was going on with the situation on Taris, you have to remember I know things."

"Oh right the visions." I shook my head as much as I had revealed to her, she had reduced it all to visions. Eventually I think she will accept it as I told her. Until then, I just nodded. What I had, was a blank. His picture was there, but most of the information on him was blank. As I had just requested the info on the top ten Watchers, fixers, and ciphers. I didn't want to tip off the IIS that I was looking for Watcher One. What I got was a list of ten of the thirty agents. It was that SIS was poorly informed or that the IIS was that much better at hiding their agents. What had kept the screen open was the signature at the bottom of the screen, Theron Shan.

"Oh, he is cute." I blinked as the screen had changed to show the file on Theron. "Could he be related to Master Shan?"

"Kira that is her son, and don't act shocked." She still looked shocked.

"But the code."

"The code doesn't hold, when you are fighting for your life in the middle of a foxhole on a planet you don't know, with a man you trust with your life. Bonds can be way stronger than anything you encounter. As they grow, they can lead in many directions. Hers lead to having a child. No shame in that, but shame in knowing others don't approve."

"I will not break the code. That is a path to the dark side." I chucked shaking my head. "Master."

"We are not perfect. Remember that." She nodded, understanding in her own way.

"Master Jedi, we have entered orbit around Taris." It had taken several weeks to get here.

"Coordinate a landing bay planetside. I don't think our stay will be long so fuel up and start maintenance checks. No tearing apart anything that isn't critical."

"Understood."

"I'll be in the holo room if I am needed. Kira come with me." I was in my full armor knowing that as soon as we left the compound we would be encountering Rakghouls, rogue scavengers, and even Imperial troops. Taris was a political anchor tied around the Republic's neck. I brought up the holoprojector and typed in the code linking us with the station and Republic Command.

"General, I'm on Taris. You seemed worried about this place. Are you ready to tell me what you couldn't then?"

"I apologize for the secrecy, but this involves someone the Empire would love to get their hands on. Angral's son, Tarnis was the lead scientist on our advanced warfare projects, but these technologies were all invented by Doctor Nasan Godera. Doctor Godera is a genius. Calculating targeting algorithms in his head for fun."

"So I am here to protect the doctor or to get him to come with me?" I knew I would have to rescue him and it was really hard to hold that back.

"Correct, but the situation is complicated. Doctor Godera hates the Empire, so much so, he quit in protest when the Republic signed the Treaty of Coruscant. Disappeared completely. We recently discovered he is hiding on Taris, but the swamps, predators and city ruins are keeping us from finding him."

"Such a person would have to have significant resources to survive and go undetected."

"He is resourceful as he brought advanced droids with him. We found that the doctor has been here for years. We found one of his automated outpost, but the droids are not cooperating. We're sending you the coordinates."

"That is not much to go on, but it may just be enough. I'll bring him back alive. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. Onasi out." I cut the signal as soon as I got the location. Kira gasped while even from across the galaxy he was perturbed. I won't bore you with the few other tasks I gathered along the way out of the base. Governor Saresh was as annoying as I remembered her and talked a lot more with saying very little. Being dark there wasn't much more we could do other then heading to the cantina.

"T'aa over here, glad you could finally make it." Sanusha waved us over.

"Strange that we are all here at the same time. Though I felt you were near, in the Force." I nodded at the others in greeting and smiled at Cort.

"Can you believe what they are trying with this dump? I mean really trying to rebuild this cursed planet? They got Rakghouls everywhere." Corso didn't look happy at all.

"We have our missions one swamp is as bad as the other. The faster we complete our missions the faster we get out of here." That seemed to shut Corso up as Aric growled. I smiled slightly remembering a friend of mine always calling him grumpy cat.

"Hey I came here to drink not to talk shop. Pull up a chair and have a drink. The foods not half bad either." Ingo made an effort to stand but sat back down as he reached for the chair next to him. I sat near Cort while we continued to discuss our missions. I needed to get an early start in the morning if I was going to find his lab in time. I just didn't realize how hard it really was going to get, to even get there.

In the game it wasn't hard to move from one location to another. From being on Tython and Coruscant it wasn't hard at all. The convoy of walkers moved out the gate as guns rattled off to the left and right of us. The flame throwers lighting up the still morning air amid the flashes of blaster fire. It was like the Rakghouls knew when the gates opened each time. The barrage was not to protect us as once we left the range of their fire the beasts swarmed over the walkers. Several of the troops with us cringed from the noise that they made.

"They can't get through with just claws, and they are not smart enough to even know where the hatches are let alone figure out the key pad." The grizzled trooper growled out making several of the new troops laugh nervously. I felt Kira's nervousness subside a bit and I threw here a knowing smile. She just jumped as one pounded on the other side of the hull from her.

"Master, how can you be so calm?"

"Reach out to them. Feel what they feel. Feel their hunger and the taint the dark side has left on them. That it is just their instinct." Her eyes closed and I felt her reach out. "Now push on their minds." I followed my own advice and felt them and slowly pushed them away. They resisted, but over time they lost interest in the metal beast that they could not scratch. It did not stop other Rakghouls from jumping on the walker, but it was enough. I felt Cort doing the same in the next walker and then even expanding to the other walkers. I send a feeling to him that he was showing off, and he send back a mental smile.

Slowly the crew and the troopers calmed down as well as less and less of the beasts jumped on to the walkers. At times, they would swarm the walkers again as we entered into another area. The hours passed by and even the newer troopers had gotten somewhat used the banging or just gave up as they put their buckets back on to dampen the sounds. Only the Sargent kept his off until the walkers made it to the next outpost. Arriving was proceeded with a hail of light blaster shots and fire bathed each walker before they walked through the shields into the camp proper.

"Get the supplies unloaded, move it." I was hit with the smell of burning flesh as other troopers with poles pulled off twitching remains of the beasts that refused to leave the walkers. Their tenacity in trying to get to us a clear reminder at how dangerous they truly were. To think I walked this land in the game so easily. I moved over to the hard shelter that the others were gathered at. Ingo and Aric were already at a table discussing the various routes to their target locations. Sanusha and Corso watched them intently as I bumped up next to Cort. He gave me a curious smile and I grinned making him blush. T-7 beeped alongside of us and I laughed quietly.

"So we have to get here and the walkers can only take us this close. Can't we divert the walkers here?"

"No the terrain is too loose and scans show a lot of hidden levels in that area. Any closer than that a walker would drop through and you are never getting out of there."

"We'll move fast with the speeders and high enough to avoid any that jump at us."

"Where do you Jedi need to go?" I send the information to the holo map and it wasn't too far from where any of us had to go. I had hoped it would be a bit different, but it wasn't.

"Good then this looks like a good place to camp from the surveillance footage. This ledge here is well protected and hard to get to."

"Then we must make a path from here to there with little interference from the beasts." Several hours passed before a restless night. The rakghoul threat never stopped as it was tested again and again. Even in my meditations the tension was present. As we finished loading our gear the troopers whispered between themselves and I could almost feel the purpose that they were placing bets. It was a cold feeling that they so casually placed on our heads. Still, I doubted that any of us would get injured in such a way.

Eight speeder bikes and one sled sped away from the outpost to be chased after by the nearest ghoul. From there it became surprisingly free of the beasts and it got me wondering about what drew them to other beings. They were seen now and again, but none were by the camp site and after we set up the sensors and the sonic shield not much else stayed around. There was plenty of day light and I couldn't stop in my mission.

"As soon as we finish here, we are moving." They all looked up at me from what they were working on.

"I would not recommend doing anything until tomorrow. It gets dark here fast."

"I realize that, but unlike your missions I am trying to get someone out of here and the faster it goes the better."

"Master I agree."

"Then I wish you luck then."

"Don't worry we both have the force as our ally." Sanusha giggled as she shook her head.

"Those beasts don't care if you have the force, or a blaster when they are chewing your bones." I just grinned as Corso went pale.

"I'll keep that in mind." T-7 complained as we got on our speeders. "T-7 you keep them all safe, and we won't be long." He whistled out his complaint as we rocketed off the shelf and down to the surface below. After a few minutes, we launched off of our speeders straight at the entrance where the coordinates indicated.

"So master do you think he is here?"

"No, he is not, but we will be attacked as soon as we enter."

"Then stealth?"

"Stealth." This was one of the perks of not being restricted by a class as we both vanished from view. The imperials never had a chance as we took them out one by one. The last group fell as they were talking to a holo of Watcher One.

"That's enough bloodshed. Let's be professional about this."

"Watcher One, nice to finally see a face with the name." I paused as I took the words right out of his mouth.

"I am surprised you know of me. I am impressed that the SIS had any data on me at all. Still, your imminent arrival forced me to take action."

"It was expected and having two Jedi on your tail must make things interesting for you doesn't it?"

"Indeed it does. However, my mission is to protect the Empire from Doctor Godera's weapons. I am afraid I can't let you have him."

"We, will see, won't we." I flipped the switch on the console. "Let's go." I moved back and felt them coming and jumped as the first one entered the large room. They didn't even have a chance as Kira quickly joined me as we finished up the small squad.

"You knew they were there? I didn't even feel them until you jumped."

"Spread out your awareness wide and you can feel the difference even if they are in stealth." Though it did help, that I knew they were coming. It wouldn't have looked good if there was no one there when I slammed the ground. RE-MO came running up to us as we put away our lightsabers.

Breaking the Script

"Blasted Imps. Death is too good for them. Thank you for liberating this facility. Good riddance to Imp scum"

"We need to find the doctor immediately."

"My programming forbids cooperation with non-Godera life forms, except under extreme circumstances. That criteria is now met."

"Good, now then I need the tracking relay locations while you fix the central computer or did they not destroy it?"

"I find it strange that you would know such things, but very well, I will transfer the coordinates to your datapad now. Be careful the outside is very dangerous."

"We shouldn't have too much trouble."

"Jedi were never included in Doctor Godera's 'Republic Coward' designation. Now I comprehend why. Once you have the relays reset, I should have the computer repaired. Please take care of any Imp scum you see."

"I will do what needs to be done. Let's go Kira." I heard him yelling something else about cowards, but I ignored it. When we got back to our speeders I had the mini map display up, and was locking in the fastest route.

"Shouldn't we inform the others? If we work together, we will have all the points reset in no time."

"Good thinking, but they have their own missions. Have T-7 meet us at the last location with the sled. We will need it for any wounded we find." Kira nodded as we got back on our bikes.

"Sent."

"Let's go." We fought several groups of rakghouls and other beasts as we traveled to the various locations. Each relay took some time to reset and T-7 was waiting for us at the last one some twenty feet in the air. The dozen rakghoul pacing below the craft made it a good reason why he didn't land. Our lightsabers flashed in the dark as we took them out and even attracted another group. Once T-7 landed, he got to work on the last one and had it working faster than the others.

"RE-MO we have finished resetting all the relay are you ready to go on your end?"

"Affirmative. Triangulating Doctor Godera's coordinates now. This facility has outlived its usefulness, and my programming provides no secondary mission. I am uncertain how to proceed. Serving Republic cowards is unacceptable, but I am not armed to combat Imp scum. Recommendation?"

"Head to Outpost Dray and wait for us to arrive. It won't be long before we join you."

"Triangulation complete. Transmitting the coordinates to you now. I will wait for you there."

"You better, out." I put the holocom away and Kira raised her eyebrow.

"Master I truly wonder about you sometimes." I laugh, and she joins in as we get back on our bikes. As we get up to speed the air is whipping by as we dodge in and out of the ruins and trees. The whole planet feels alive and I can feel that Kira is enjoying it as well. Nearly an hour passes as we finally come close to our destination and go to ground. The three of us enter stealth as we come up to the entrance to his lab. I pray that this will be just like the cut scene in the game as we pass through the door.

"A Jedi! We're saved! Please, you must h...." My hand flies up as I fling the Rodian away from Doctor Godera.

"Master?"

"Get him in cuffs and find the holoprojector he is wearing. Do not let him wake up. That is Watcher One."

"Yes master."

"Search him, remove anything but his clothes for good measure. Don't want him killing himself either." She nods and T-7 and I get Doctor Godera stable and on to the skid speeder. Kira levitates Watcher One as he struggle in his bonds.

"How? How did you know?" His normal calm demeanor is gone as the fear is evident on his face.

"Do you think I wouldn't know what the doctor would look like? I am not as stupid as you think." Kira moves him over to the speeder as I help Doctor Godera.

"I think you can be reasonable. I can not be turned over to your government."

"You should have thought about that before following the orders of Darth Angral. He plans to use everything the doctor has researched to destroy planets. Burn them to a crisp. Does that not make you feel any remorse for following such a monster?"

"What he does with the information I provide is not on my conscious." I shook my head as I gagged the man. He just couldn't see that his actions would have kill billions. In the game I remembered many times letting him go into retirement. I debated within myself to do the same thing here, but I wasn't ready. Then I remembered one part of the quest chain.

"Watcher One, is Rora Seake on Taris?" His eyes betrayed what his shrug of his shoulders tried to conceal.

"If you gave the information of the base she is going to attack, I could think to let you go. You couldn't go back to the Empire after this failure, but I am sure retirement to the corporate sector will suit you just fine." I took the gag off.

"Master, he should be tried for his crimes."

"Kira, he will find a way to escape or kill himself." I lifted the auto injector to accent my point.

"Yes, and I was fully prepared to do so. My datapad has her location and her projected targets, but I do not know why." I picked up the device, and he told me how to log on. "How do you know all these things?"

"That is my little secret. Just know, if you betray me or mislead me then you will wish you were dead."

"I understand. You do not have to threaten me. My career was over the minute you discovered me. I could never have predicted you are more than a normal Jedi." I browsed through his files and came across several others that I found relevant. I opened them and read through their content until I came to the War Trust of the four generals, Elaxis Frellka, Minst, Durant, and Faraire that were targets, a lengthy file on Ashara Zavros, and a file on Jedi Ki Sazen. This gave me several options just here on Taris.

"Watcher One you have given me more than I asked for and you are free to go. I released his cuffs with a wave of my hands.

"Master?" Kira protested as he rubbed his wrists.

"When I meet Rora Seake, I will inform her of who betrayed her mission. I am sure that will be more than enough to convince the man never to work for the Empire again."

"That is how I predicted you to act, Jedi." I watched him as he calmly walked away. There could be a chance that he would continue on, but after I have my talk with Rora Seake, I doubted he would.

We traveled back to the base with Doctor Godera in tow as I sent a recommendation to SIS and the Jedi High Council that the four generals were to be transferred off the planet and the reasons why.

Rora Seake mission was to destroy a colony that was set up in a bunker built along the shores of Lake Brell. Not much more was listed other than the fact she was a master of beasts. Once, I had enough information on the colony, I sent them an evacuation order hopefully in time to get them all out. As I arrived at the bunker there were very few colonists left at the base, but enough that I was concerned. They were still getting the last of their equipment together and it was obvious they didn't take my warning to leave immediately to heart.

"Welcome, Master Jedi, I am so glad that you warned us of the Sith assassin. Most of the sediment is evacuated."

I came here hoping that you were all gone by now. Did you not take my warning a Sith was coming to kill you all seriously?"

"We did, but we were not prepared for this." The ground shook as Rora Seake approached. Several of the colonist scattered to cover as Yelzrin fell to his knees.

"Then you should not have come back to a world that is not yours. Taris belongs to the Sith Empire, now and forever. Even my beasts understand that."

"Your knowledge is incomplete, and they were in the process of leaving."

"Before you die, satisfy my curiosity. My mission was secret. How did you know about it?"

"It is simple really, I have Watcher One's datapad and information on all the current operations that the Empire is conducting on Taris. He gave it to me freely. I suggest you leave Taris." I pushed her mind with the Force and she frowned.

"I'll inform Darth Angral of this security breach. I'll return in four hours anyone who remains shall die." She turned around and her beasts followed her. Yelzrin slowly gets back to his feet still shaken from the brief encounter.

"That Sith and her beasts would have torn us to pieces and all of us would have died, but what will we do now? We had everything invested into this colony."

"I doubt she will be back after today. I will make my report and when you come back I am sure a platoon of troopers would not mind setting up an outpost here to guard your colony. If she comes back, they will be waiting."

"That would be good indeed, but we really need to get going with that threat of her coming back."

"I will not keep you. I'll stay nearby in case she returns before the four hours are up." I moved to the entrance to the sediment to wait while I sent my report forward. Being situated between two different out posts the chance of reinforcements was high. I was mildly surprised that a platoon did come and set up an ambush close to the four-hour mark. The last of the colonist left awhile ago. It was then that my holocom beeped. I pulled it out and let it float in front of us both.

"T'aa, Doctor Godera is awake now, and we could use your help."

"There is soon to be a Sith assassin in my area, what can be so pressing that you need my help, Cort?"

"We got a priority one request from command to go rescue a Republic security agent, named Amille Razna from a scavenger named Locust. She is in possession of intel that the Republic Command really wants to get a hold of."

"Master I feel we should go." I glanced over at Kira and I had to agree. Still, I didn't want to leave the troopers unprotected against a Sith assassin.

"Master Jedi we can handle her no problem. She will not know what hit her."

"Then take good care that she doesn't surprise you."

"We won't." I still didn't like leaving them there, but I had a feeling they would be just fine. We got on our speeders and headed back to the Dray outpost, and then took a shuttle back to Olaris.

The Locust

"Get that crate loaded up we move out in fifteen." Ingo ordered the local troopers. "Hey T'aa glad you finally showed up. That Doctor is over there wanting to talk to you."

"Thanks, Ingo." I moved over to the medic station with Kira in tow.

"Master Jedi I am in your debt. That Imperial would have gained way too much from me."

"You have General Var Suthra to thank for sending me to rescue you."

"Var Suthra? That old man never gives up does he?"

"No he did not give up on you."

"I suppose you want me to come back to Coruscant? I left for a good reason you know."

"Darth Angral through his son managed to make off with the Planet Prison and several other projects you had left behind. We managed to stop Watcher One from gaining your knowledge. We need you."

"Bah! The Republic has been in danger since that idiotic treaty. They ignored my predictions and that is why I left those idiots behind."

"I know of your objections to the treaty and the Republic needed to rebuild as well, but with your help Darth Angral will not be able to bring the Republic to its knees."

The argument went on for nearly ten more minutes before the doctor smiled.

"I'll be on your ship, Master Jedi, but we will need to discuss locking down all my labs." I turned and hid the sigh of relief. I was unsure he would come back with us and now that he was I felt better. Ingo, Cort, and Sanusha with everyone else was waiting for me. We boarded two Republic walkers and headed out. As we entered the area controlled by the Locust, the two walkers opened fire on the members of his scavenger gang. They ran from the walkers as they advanced, and several minutes later they fired on his ship enough to disable it. The two squads that came with us rolled out of the walkers and secured the entrance to their base.

"All yours Lieutenant."

"Thank you gunny." The gunnery sergeant saluted and Ingo returned it.

"Capture any that want to surrender. We may find a use for the Locust's men if he is willing to cooperate." Cort suggested.

"If they are so nice, but I doubt, Master Jedi." We moved into the base and broke the defensive line they had formed in less than a minute. Having one jedi throwing everything that was loose at them, having Kira, Sanusha, and Corso appearing behind them as I jumped through the air at them batting the fire directed at me back at them broke any possible defense. Five minutes of fighting, and we took down the security shield holding Amille Razna and two others.

"This is a surprise. I wasn't sure my message got out." She looked over everyone and then smiled. "This is perfect. We have to finish the mission and capture the Locust alive."

"I doubt these scum will give up willingly." Aric mumbled.

"So, what is the deal with this Locust guy and what is in it for me?"

"We came here to capture the Locust. He is probably the biggest scavenger in the galaxy. He uses a legion of droids to strip whole planets clean. Stopping him is one this, but if we can get control of those droids. "Advanced" doesn't even start to describe them. In order for the Republic to get them to do something productive, we need to convince the Locust to hand over control."

"How do you plan to do that? I can't see him giving up his profits just to work for the Republic?"

"We make him an offer that he can't refuse. I am sure by the explosions he is not leaving this planet. All we have to do is find him."

"If he is in here we will." Noise is heard, and she moves to look around a corner.

"We got company."

"On it." Sanusha and Corso vanished followed by Kira and Qyzen. Ingo, Aric, and Dorne moved to cover along with T7. I wasn't sure where Risha was, but I knew she was close. That left the three prisoners, Cort and I in the open. She ran back to us.

"Blast..."

"Take cover, Amille. We got this."

"We can provide a diversion."

"You can, but they are more likely to cut you down." I tilted my head as I heard several clicks in my ear. Both of us rush out in a blur as Ingo's group opened fire. In seconds, I was flying through the air to slam down in the middle of their hasty position sending several of them flying as Cort removed any cover they had. Kira and Qyzen came out of stealth to join my side as a scavenger fell to a well placed shot between his eyes from the hidden Risha. The survivors of the initial attack were picked up in the air and slammed back down to fall into unconsciousness. We moved on through the base until every little knot of resistance was taken down.

I didn't even give the Locust time to talk as I leap to him. He fired his pistols at me and I batted the shots away from me with ease. Unlike the game he didn't stick to his pistols as he dropped them for the vibrosword on his back. His blade met mine jarring both my arms from the counter of my attack.

I held off enough to defend several attacks falling into a rhythm that he would not be able to maintain as I went faster and faster with just as much strength as he was giving. He tried several tricks to either blind me or distract me in some way, but they failed as I whipped around him. With a solid Force push I sent him to Cort and when he landed Cort just flicked his hand and the Locust was frozen to the ground.

"Damn never let me get on your bad side." Several of the others were chuckling. Corso was awe struck as Risha pushed on his chin to close his mouth. Amille ran out from cover.

"You got him, great work!" Cort let him get up slowly.

"No, I do not die here. Not like this!"

"We have no intention of killing you."

"We're here to arrest, not to execute, and if you're willing to cooperate, we can offer a lot more than just a jail cell. The Republic wants to put your droids to work developing new settlements, instead of tearing them down. Make it happen and you'll get full profit sharing and a reduced sentence."

"This offer is gilded chains. I am the Locust."

"You could become a powerful and respected ally of the Republic instead of a hated pirate." Cort took the words right out of my mouth preventing me from changing what was said. Strange that I had broken the script of my story only to see it going like I knew it from the game.

"Besides, we can protect you from the relatives of the people you enslaved."

"Fine. Shall be your ally, but to get my men under control..."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Most of your men here are scattered to the wind." The Locust straightened as best as he could as he was escorted out.

"You never said anything about him enslaving people."

"Can it Corso, let's talk about the bounty on his head." Sanusha pulled Amille to the side.

"I read his file, and he is a nasty pirate, but I am sure once the Republic techs have complete control of his droids he will go to a jail cell and never come back out."

"I hope you are right, Aric, but we still have the rest of the base to secure." With that we mopped up the rest of his men and went back to Olaris for the night.

We spent several weeks on Taris completing dozens of missions. I helped Cort with tracking down Master Cin Tykan and his padawan. I managed to prevent Needles's death which surprised even him to be taken alive. I was trying the whole time to track down Ashara Zavros. When we were nearly finished with our missions on Taris, I got word that she was spotted near the Jedi Enclave.

Darth Nox

The enclave had this sad eerie feeling to it that hung across the ruins. It was hard to pin down the reason other than the destruction of the planet. It was as if some tragedy befell the enclave just before the bombardment occurred. I felt the Force lead us farther into the enclave. Kira stopped as we rounded a corner and vanished. I moved to the corner and peeked around to see why. I turned back as I held a finger to my lips to silence any questions from Cort, and he vanished along with Qyzen as I signaled them forward.

"I'm sorry, Sith. I couldn't do what you said. I just couldn't." Master Ryen, and Master Ocera stood behind her.

"You were right to tell us, Ashara. The Jedi Enclave is no place for Sith, and this one gives me an uneasy feeling." The Sith sighs as she places her hands on her hips.

"You said you would make sure there were no Jedi!" Ashara hangs her head as I moved out of my concealment.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't, I'm not darkside..."

"We are the sworn defenders of this enclave, and we will not have dark side rituals performed in it." I clapped my hands together and I got the reaction I suspected.

"Very noble of you two to defend a place from a Sith. However, she is way stronger than you could hope to defeat."

"One more Jedi dead will make little difference." I laughed as I came closer. I heard Khem Val say something to her as her confidence faded a bit.

"Who are you?" Master Ryen questioned as he pulled his lightsaber from his belt along with Ocera doing the same.

"I am T'aa Onasi, Hero of Tython and I didn't come here alone. It is up to the Sith to tell of her real reason why she needs the ghost of Ashara's ancestor." I watched as her face changed again to show frustration and curiosity. "Lord Kallig, your master is going to take over your body, but you will suffer from having such spirits inside of you. I suggest you give up your quest for power."

"I am more powerful than you can imagine. Your little hero title is just an empty reward, meaningless."

"I have many titles, Founder, Revan's Heir, Outlander..."

"You can't be Revan's heir and those other titles are meaningless." I studied his reaction and it was not one I would expect from someone who had played the game.

"Surrender Kallig, and my friend may free you of the spirits inside you already." Her blade flew to her hand as it activated. She didn't have time to move before two lightsabers pierced her body. Cort was on one side and Kira was on the other. With lightning speed they turned on Khem Val next, tearing him apart as Qyzen bashed him on the top of his head. I was so hoping for an epic battle that I was angry they had stolen my kill. Several Force ghosts ripped from her body as she collapsed to the floor chilling the entire area. The two masters were stunned at such an event.

"That is not the Jedi way to attack from concealment, Knight T'aa." I stopped as I got to my padawan to look at him my anger changing its focus to Master Ryen.

"That maybe. She would have done much worse if you were to fight her. Your very lives would have been lost. She made her choice to fight instead of flee or surrender. Would you have rather they have revealed themselves before striking?"

"She may have been Sith, but striking from concealment is something only one who has fallen to the darkside would use." I turned to Master Ocera and nodded.

"I agree to a point, however, it is over. I would also suggest that you stop trying to speak with the dead."

"The ghost of Kalatosh Zavros needs to be stopped here or this entire area is at risk from his influence."

"Maybe I can be of assistance. If Ashara can get her ancestor to appear, we just might be able to redeem the spirit."

Both masters looked at each other and nodded. I watched as Ashara brought Kalatosh to reveal himself as I and Kira meditated as the masters did. Ashara and Cort had a long conversation with the ghost and when the ghost tried to leave Cort did something to hold him in place. During their struggle Ashara and Cort began to glow together and it could be nothing other than Force Unity that the two were using. Kalatosh's anger faded as his image lightened just before he faded from view himself.

"Unbelievable. The depth of your strength."

"It was what the Force willed for us to do."

"Than you have our thanks. I had feared you all had fallen to the darkside because of the way you killed the Sith. It maybe that you will need to stay and deal with the other ghosts as well."

"I doubt that will be necessary. Those ghosts will go back to their final resting places as I do not feel their presence here."

"Come Ashara. We have much to discuss about you bringing a Sith here. That he suggested that you betray us will not go well with the council."

"But I did the right thing? What more could I have done?"

"You could have informed us after the first time she contacted you. You then would not have been influenced by her and that holocron."

"I would be more than willing to take her to the council as my mission here is done." I smiled inside, as this was what I wanted to happen. Ashara maybe prideful, but this event bonded her to Cort more than she was ever bound to her master.

"Then we will make our reports to the council and hand them over to you." The two master left discussing the event as they walked away.

"I fear I will have no place in the Jedi Order after what I did. I have no idea what I will do."

"Emotions, yet peace. Through the balance of emotions, I find peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Through study, I gain knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Through meditation, I find serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Through the chaos, I find harmony. Death, yet the Force. Through the Living Force, I find ascension." Cort and I had talked a long time about the code and its proper meaning. That he added to it to leave no doubt of its intentions was more than I expected. Ashara was dumbfounded as it clicked in her mind.

We left the enclave behind and traveled back to Olaris with Ashara. I was very pleased that I had not only broken the script on Taris, but stopped several other events as well. That I defeated Darth Nox to get Ashara to remain with the Order was the icing on the cake. My crew and Doctor Godera greeted us as we returned, and we more than happy to lift off from the planet. I moved to my cabin and pulled up everything I had available on Nar Shaddaa.

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story

I’m not familiar with the Star Wars game but this story has been great. A fun read. Thanks

Enjoyment

terrynaut's picture

I'm enjoying this story. Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's intense. But it's always entertaining. I've always been fascinated by the Force.

Thanks and kudos (number 29).

- Terry