Travel Through Time and Space Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Janet was down in the hangar where the Ghost Fighter was stored. Ghost had followed behind her.

“Ghost, can you lower the cockpit, please?” Janet was wondering why she designed the fighter with a downward cockpit.

Ghost sends the signal to the fighter and the cockpit lowers down. Janet sits in the seat and the cockpit starts going back up into the fighter. As soon as the cockpit is secured. She starts looking at how the cockpit is laid out. She spots the throttle on the left-hand side of her and the control stick mounted on her right. All the gauges were lite up and there was a low hum to the fighter.

“Ghost, what weapons are you equipped with?” Janet was looking for weapon selection panel.

“I’m equipped with two internal rotary missile launchers, high power particle lasers array line my wing edges, giving me a full hundred eighty-degree arcs of fire, six railguns, an ion pulse field generator, and rear defense pulse plasma cannons.”

“Damn, what is your classification?” Janet wonders why she armed Ghost so heavy.

“I’m classified as a heavy fighter.”

“What is your defensive capability?” Janet wonders what his defensive capability was.

“I’m equipped with a high-power deflector shield and cloaking technology. My armor plating is capable of deflecting eighty percent of any energy weapon fired at me.”

“Can the two be used at the same time?” Janet wonders if she came up with a way to merge the two functions.

“Negative, cloaking field cannot be used at the same time as the deflector shield.”

Janet wonders if the deflector shield generators also produce the cloaking field. She continues to look at the how the controls were laid out.

“Ghost, how many heavy fighters are similar to you?” Janet spots the sensor scanner and flicks the switch.

“I'm consider one of a kind. The other heavy fighters aren’t equipped like me. My sensor package is of Starship class and I’m equipped with a long-range hyper-drive. Would you like to go for a test flight?”

“I don’t have a flight suit.” Janet would love to go, but she didn’t have a flight suit she figured she would need in Ghost.

“No flight suit is needed.” As Ghost makes the overhead hangar doors to open and he starts lifting off the hangar floor.

Janet puts the harness on and secures herself in the pilot’s seat. The cockpit gauges come to life. Once Ghost clears the hangar doors, he tilts to a forty-five-degree angle and fires his main thrusters.

Janet doesn’t even feel the g-forces as Ghost blast upward. Patricia had mentioned that he had an inertia damper. Janet watches as the stealth indicator lights up.

“Ghost did you just engage your stealth systems?” Janet figures that was why it was lit up.

“Affirmative.”

Janet just watches as they continued to climb. She couldn’t believe she was going into space. She watches as they leave Earth’s atmosphere. She figures she would feel weightless, but she didn’t

“Ghost, do you generate your own gravity?” That would be the only reason she was still feeling gravity in the fighter.

“Affirmative.”

Ghost flips over so Janet could see the planet below. The cockpit glass darkens some to protect her from solar radiation and the bright sunlight.

“Ghost how long would it take you to fly to the moon?” Janet wonders what his speed was.

“I can reach the moon in five minutes or Mars in ten minutes. Would you like to see the moon?”

Janet couldn’t help it, “actually, take me to Mars.”

“Engaging sublight drive.”

Janet watches on the HUD system as coordinates appear in front of her. She couldn’t believe how fast she was traveling as she watches the stars go by her as Ghost accelerates rapidly. She only felt a little disturbance as she was pushed back into the seat.

AFI Flight Tower:
Jake was on duty when he noticed that the restricted hangar was opening. An object that was inside it hovered above the hangar doors and tilted up to forty-five degrees. The next thing he saw, was it takening the off like a bat out of hell.

“Did anyone give permission for the object in the research hangar to take off?” Jake looks towards all the flight control personnel present.

“No, none of us gave anyone permission to take off.” Tela has been monitoring all incoming and outgoing traffic from their facilities.

“Does anyone have it on radar?” Jake was still watching everyone.

“I had it a few seconds ago, but now it is gone.” Mike had seen it for a few seconds and then lost it.

“Contact Tammi and inform her.” Jake knew Tammi would want to hear about this.

Tammi was in her security office going over reports when she gets a message from the flight tower. Jake image appears on her computer monitor.

“What can I do for you, Jake?” Tammi puts her ink pen down.

“Ma’am, the object in the R&D hangar has just taken off. We had it on the radar for a few seconds, but we can’t track it anymore.”

“I see. Who was the last person to access that hangar?” Tammi wanted to know who went in there without her or Janet’s permission.

“Don’t know ma’am.” Jake didn’t have access to that information.

Tammi brings the security records up and watches as Ghost and Janet heads into the hangar. She continues to watch the security footage and watch as Janet climbed in and then the activation of the hangar doors.

“I know who it is Jake. Thank you for letting me know it had left.” Tammi ends the video call.

“Tammi to security, where is Ms. MacQuien currently?” Tammi wonders if she could contact Ghost and have him return.

“She’s out horseback riding with officer Stone and officer Yeung.” Chief Graham had given the okay for Patricia to leave the facilities.

“Thank you chief.” Tammi picks the company cell up and dials officer Yeung’s number.

Patricia and her two security bodyguards were out horseback riding. She really couldn’t do anything until Andy start putting things in motion. So, she figured she would go horseback riding.

Back in her time, she didn’t get much time to do any horseback riding. She was always sent into space and spent at least a year or more out on the frontier. She loved space, but she also loved natural.

As they were riding by a formation of rocks, Yeung cell phone starts to ring. Yeung taps her blue tooth.

“Security Officer Yeung here.” Yeung knew it had to come from ATI.

“Is Ms. MacQuien near you?” Tammi figures Pat could use her ability to link into Yeung cell.

“Yes ma’am, she’s directly ahead of me.” Yeung wasn’t much of a rider, so she tends to hang back some.

“Ask her to link in with you., please.” Tammi needs to have Pat order Ghost back to the hangar.

“Okay, Tammi.” Yeung looks towards Patricia.

“Patricia, Tammi needs for you to link in to talk with you.” Yeung wonders how Pat was going to do that.

“No problem.” Patricia links into Yeung’s cell phone “what do you need Tammi?”

Yeung could hear what Patricia was saying. She was still guiding her horse in front of her.

“Ghost left the hangar and we can’t track him. Can you order him back to the hangar?” Tammi hopes she can.

“Who’s inside of him?” Pat knew there were only a handful of people Ghost would allow inside of him.

“Janet is.”

“Then, there is nothing I can do to make him come back. He’s programmed to follow her orders since she and her family built him.” Pat knew Janet overrode her control.

“Damn! Do you know where they are right now?” Tammi wasn't sure Pat would know, but it was worth a shot.

“They are currently flying on Mars.” Pat had a sub-space transceiver at the base of her skull that allows her to stay in touch with Ghost with her ability.

“How do you know that?” Tammi was curious.

“Because I asked him. I have a sub-space transceiver at the base of my skull that allows me to stay in contact with him. I can even tap into any frequency currently use or not used.” A smile appears on Pat’s face.

“He said to give them twenty more minutes. There is something Ghost picked up that Janet wants to check out.” Pat saw the scan as well. She doesn’t recognize the shape of the object.

“Fine, I’ll see them when they get back.” Tammi ends the call.

Yeung couldn’t believe what she heard about Mrs. Janet being on Mars.

“You can travel to any planet you want too?” Yeung just looks at Patricia.

“Yep, let’s head back so you can see my fighter.” Pat turns her horse around and heads back to the Aero Flight Industries.

Mars:
Ghost had gone planetside at Janet’s request and his sensors had locked onto something. Janet saw the scan and wanted to look of it. She watches as Ghost slowed down and hovers over the object.

“Ghost, can you give me a scan of this object?” Janet wanted to see what it was.

“Sending probes.” Ghost release two small probes that were the size of a baseball.

They enter through an opening and start scanning the object. As the scans came back, Ghost runs it through his ship’s identity library. His scans show it to be a Nekkavons transport ship. The signs also showed the occupants had died on impact. Ghost couldn’t get an energy signature of the weapons used against it. He has one of his drones plug into the ships computer systems and power the computer systems. He downloads the whole computer memory.

“Ghost, who were they and what are you doing?” Janet had seen information flashed on the center display of the fighter.

“They were the Nekkavons and I’m downloading their computer memory.”

“Oh! Does us discovering them disturb the time frame?” Janet knew she was risking the future each time she interacted with Ghost.

“Negative. Your company was the first team that found the ship.” Ghost had done a memory scan, and nothing has changed so far.

“Is there anything else in there we could take back to Earth to examine?” Janet wouldn’t mind taking a souvenir back.

Ghost has his probes grab a few items and put them in the small cargo bay to take back. Once the computer download is finished. The two probes return to Ghost.

“I think we better head back to headquarters Ghost.” Janet figures Tammi must have discovered she isn’t on company ground.

Ghost plots a new course back to Earth. He waits till he is out of Mars atmosphere before engaging the sub-light drive. He engages the force field to protect the fighter as he reenters Earth’s atmosphere.

Janet watches as flames surround them as they reenter the atmosphere. She doesn’t even feel the heat inside the fighter. As they approached her company, Ghost hovers right over the hangar and lands once the hangar doors opened completely.

Tammi and Patricia come walking in as the lower half of the cockpit opens and lowers Janet. The cargo bay opens, and Ghost gently lowers the items they collected to the floor.

“You brought back souvenirs from Mars?” Tammi couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

Patricia just smiles “looks like it’s of alien design.”

“Yes, and you wouldn’t believe the trip.” Janet walks over and gives Tammi a kiss.

“Have fun you two.” Patricia turns around and leaves the hangar.

up
259 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That...

Or the thing that killed them.

Now that is one exceptional

Now that is one exceptional fighter. 10 minutes to Mars; wonder if one can get their hands on a model for use to get to work on heavy traffic days? :-)

Giggle.

WillowD's picture

She pops over to Mars and picks up some souvenirs like she went out for some coffee.

Trip to the corner drugstore

Jamie Lee's picture

Gads, five minutes to the moon in Ghost when NASA took three days? And then the time to Mars? Whoa, think of the mess which could be created if the military or other wrong people learn of Ghost.

Others have feelings too.