A life Redone

Printer-friendly version

The life of Emerald Jocelyn Stubbe is full of heart ache, but also wonder. When she died at the age of 41, she quickly finds herself 35 years in the past, only she's inhabiting the body of her six-year-old self. Will she break under the stress of reliving her life or will she make it better than it had been before.

Small Preview:

When her heart finally stopped beating and her lungs stopped letting in air, she only twitched once before letting her eyes close for the last time. The one thing that would always baffle the doctors was the gentle and happy smile that was resting upon her lips.

“Time of death, 2:47 p.m. April 13th, 2037.”

AttachmentSize
Image icon WIN_20180904_13_19_21_Pro (2).jpg53.86 KB
up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting premise, but some of the tags are a bit off.

Real-World is used to signify stories that could happen in real life, without science fiction, fantasy, or supernatural occurrence. Finding yourself inhabiting the body of your past self doesn't fit that.

bit shorter than I expected

When I saw the tag for greater than 40k words. YOu realize if all the chapters are this short it will take close to 80 years to post the story if you average one post per week.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Hard to write

a comment on a short post like this, you write it, I'll read it.

Sorry

but I don't read stories posted as JPEG's. All sorts of nasties can hide in JPEG files.
I'm not that crazy about PDF's either. If it is short by not just post it as text?

Samantha

????

Good start and concept for a longer story, was hoping for more