Tommy - The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl? - Chapter 106

Printer-friendly version



Tommy
The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl?

A Novel By Teddie S.

Copyright © 2018 Teddie S.
All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 106
The last barbecue. Can I do this?
Taos and Mr. Tsinajinnie.

Amy had started working in the hospital’s ER. And she loves it, as I figured she would.

I’d finally talked to my advisor about my master’s program, and he’d come up with the idea that I could teach a few classes to fill in for the professor that attacked me and was now no longer at the university. And then assist another professor who would be working on the research project. I’m happy. Well, not completely happy. My advisor has to talk to the deans of both the Graduate School and the Engineering School, and the professor.

I was Kai when I picked up Amy at the hospital on the way to the resort, and she brought along another nurse who was going to Santa Fe. This other nurse turns out to be the daughter of Mrs. Benallie who owns the clothing shop that we shop at and knows Kai and Ajie. And now this nurse knows about Kai. And she told us that she'd keep our secret.

It’s still Friday, and we’re at the resort, and it’s the last barbecue of the year. And there's more than the usual number of special guests here tonight.

When I went to walk, with Uncle Paul to the microphone, I’d grabbed Ajie's hand and started to pull her with me. She put the brakes on, and said, “Kai! What are you doing?”

I smiled at her, and said, “I thought you’d like to keep me company.”

Grandma then said, “Go on Ajie. Keep her company.”

Ajie finally walked with me and Uncle Phil to the microphone, and then Uncle Paul went and had all the special guests join us. When they were all here, I waited for the dancers and musicians to finish what they were doing.

I raised my hand to signal the musicians and dancers, and then said into the microphone, “Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to offer you the following old Navajo greeting as a welcome to our weekly barbecue.”

I whispered to Ajie, “Join me.”

Then Ajie and I said together, “Yá'át'ééh! Nizhonigó íiná aadóó hozhónahasdlíí.

Then I said, “For those of you that don’t speak Navajo, we just said, ‘Hello! It is good, and all is harmony around us.’

“This is our last barbecue of the year. And the food is almost ready. We do have a number of special guests that we’d like to introduce to you.

“Our first special guest is the Chief of the Navajo Nation, Chief Kinlicheeny.”

Chief Kinlicheeny just stepped forward and raised his hand. He received a nice round of applause. Then he stepped back. Then I went on to introduce ten other chiefs, each the chief of a clan. I’m glad I had a list with the clan name next to the Chief’s name. The last chief I introduced was Chief Tahoma Etsitty or Chief Tom. Each chief received a nice round of applause.

Then I said, “The staff of the resort would like to give a special thanks to our dancers and musicians. Throughout the year they have always provided a wonderful exhibition of native music and dancing.”

There was a really nice round of applause. Then I said, “I also think that the people who have prepared these wonderful barbecues every Friday for us this summer need a nice round of applause too.”

The people attending the barbecue agreed with me, as there was a round of applause for them.

Then I introduced Naainish with, “I know I’ve been long winded, and you’re hungry. But I have one more person to introduce, and then the food should be ready.”

Naainish walked up and joined us. Then I said, “Ladies and gentlemen, this is Naainish. Naainish is a Navajo medicine-man, and he will say a short prayer. And then we can eat.

“And I’ll guarantee that you are about to enjoy a fantastic Southwestern barbecue.”

I handed the microphone to Naainish, and he said a short prayer, then I took the microphone back, and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, the food is ready. Enjoy!”

Ajie and I walked over to Chief Tom, and I said, “Yá’át’ééh alní'íní, Naat'áanii Etsitty.” (Good evening, Chief Etsitty)

Chief Tom smiled, and said, “Yá’át’ééh alní'íní, Kai dóó Ajie.”

“It’s good to see you here tonight, Chief Tom.”

“I had to come for the last barbecue.”

I smiled, and said, “I know. I’m going to miss the barbecues too. Is Vickie here.”

“Yes, she’s here someplace.”

We saw that Vickie was talking with my aunt, my uncle, and my grandmother were sitting, and we walked over that way. As we walked up, I said, “Chief Tom, it looks like we’ll be able to beat my Uncle Paul to the food if we hurry.”

“Kai!”, my Uncle Paul said, “Just for that you will still have your job for next summer.”

I grinned, and answered, “Just try and stop me.”

Vickie looked at me, and said, “Kai, I received an interesting phone call today.”

“Oh.”

“The Dean of the Graduate School called me, and asked me about Tom Young.”

“Oh.”

“I hear they’re thinking about allowing you to teach some of the courses in the undergraduate Electrical Engineering program.”

“Maybe as a grad assistant. What did you tell them?”

“Along with other things, I told them that I’ve heard you talk in front of groups of people and that you are very good at it.”

“I am?” But, I thought, ‘Maybe Kai is. But not Tom.’

“Kai, think about the meeting in Window Rock. Think about these barbecues. You get up in front of strangers like their old friends. And you have a way about you that when you speak, it makes people want to listen to you.”

“Maybe you’re right, Vickie.”

“She is, honey.”, Ajie said.

“Yes, she is.”, Aunt Ruth added.

“Vickie.”, I asked. “What else did you tell them?”

“I may have let something slip.”, Vickie replied.

“Oh?”

“When he said, Tom Young. I had to think for a minute to remember who Tom Young was. Then it hit me that it was you, and I said, ‘Oh. You mean Kai Nez.’”

I looked at her in shock, and said, “You didn’t.”

“I’m afraid I did. But then I told him that’s what your Navajo name is. And I know you better that way.”

I relaxed a little, but asked, “What did he say to that?”

“He said that he realized that the native peoples sometime used Anglicized names. And after that, there appeared to be no problem. But don’t be surprised, that if you ever meet him, that he remembers Kai Nez. He has a habit of remembering things like that.”

“Thanks for the warning.”

Ajie and I were finally able to get some food along with Chief Tom and Vickie. As we ate, Ajie asked, “Kai, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Why?”, I replied.

“Honey, you’re too quiet.”

“I’m wondering if I can teach those classes.”

“Why?”

“Every time that I’ve been up in front of people talking, I’ve been Kai. Teaching I need to be Tom. I don’t know if Tom can do it.”

“Does it have to be Tom?”, Chief Tom asked.

“A girl up in front of a bunch of guys trying to teach them electronics would be interesting, possibly in a bad way. Besides the university knows me as Tom.”

“I see your point.”

“Kai.”, Vickie said. “I’m willing to work with you, the Tom you, and help you prepare. If the university allows you to do this, we’d have a week or two to get you ready. Do you know the subject?”

“Yes, backward and forwards. And you’d be willing to do that?”

“Yes. After what you’ve done for my Tom, I’m more than willing to help you.”

“Than it might work.”

“Honey.”, Ajie said. “With Vickie’s help, I think it will be easy for you.”

“We’ll see.”

I sensed someone walk up behind me, and then heard Chief Kinlicheeny say, “Yá’át’ééh alní'íní.” (Good evening)

Chief Tom had his mouth full of food, so Vickie said, “Yá’át’ééh alní'íní, Naat'áanii.” (Good evening, Chief.)

Ajie and I turned, looked at the Chief, and together said, “Yá’át’ééh alní'íní, Naat'áanii.”

And I added, “Sit and join us.”

“I wish I could. Kai, I just wanted to tell you that I got a call from the Dean of the School of Engineering at the University of New Mexico.”

“I thought you might.”

“I guess that they are looking at you to teach a course?”

“Yes, as a graduate assistant.”

“I see. The Dean wanted to know what I thought of you, and I told him the truth.”

“The truth?”

“Yes, how you are special to your people, what you’ve done with the scholarship, and how well you speak with people.”

“Did you tell him in what way I was special to the people?”

“No, you can do that if you want to. But he did ask me about your Navajo name, Kai Nez?”

“Oh?”

“I guess he’d talked to the Graduate School Dean before he called me, and was told about your Navajo name.”

“And?”

“I just told him that it’s what we call you.”

“Nothing more?”

“No. I feel that anything to do with you being a Nádleeh and your standing in the Navajo Nation is between you and that person.”

“Thank you, Chief. I appreciate that.”

“I thought you might, especially when it’s someone outside the Nation.

“Now. I’ve got to run. Hágoónee'.”

Everyone said, “Hágoónee', Naat'áanii.” (So long, Chief.)

“Now I have only one person to worry about.”, I said.

“Why’s that?”, Chief Tom asked.

“When my advisor talked with me, he asked if there was anyone that they could speak to about me. I gave him three names, Vickie’s, Chief Kinlicheeny’s, and Mr. Bylilly from the Navajo Times. And I don’t know if they’ve talked with Mr. Bylilly or not.”

“Maybe they decided that after talking to Vickie and the Chief, that they didn’t need to talk to Mr. Bylilly and didn’t call him.”

“Maybe.”

We finished eating, and I noticed that the Sun was going down. I looked at Ajie, and before I could say anything, she said, “You need to meditate. Don’t you, honey?”

I smiled, and said, “Yes.”

As Amy and I got up, I said, “Excuse us. I need to go to the house and grab a rug.”

Ajie and I walked to the house and our room. I picked up a rug, folded it, placed it over my arm, and we walked towards the bonfire. As we walked up to the bonfire, I asked Ajie, “Do you want to join me?”

“I think that you need to be alone.”, Ajie said. “Don’t you?”

“I think you’re right.”

Ajie kissed me on the cheek, and said, “I love you.”

I smiled at her, and said, “I love you too.”

She left me and walked over to where everyone else was. I spread the rug out and sat. The bonfire was blazing. I sat there concentrating on the fire, and I heard chanting. I knew that it was Naainish. I sat there in deep thought through Naainish’s chant and for a few minutes afterward.

I finally got up, picked up the rug, folded it, placed it over my arm, and walked to where Ajie and everyone else was. Ajie looked at me and said, “Did you get an answer to your problem?”

“My problem?”, I asked.

“I know that you are troubled and are seeking an answer.”

“Yes and no. Yes, I’m troubled, and no I don’t have an answer. But I know that the answer will come to me in time.”

Later that night Ajie and I were sitting on the patio of my aunt and uncle’s house, we had a small fire burning in the fire pit, and we were looking at the stars.

Ajie said, “Kai, honey. I know that you’re concerned about being able to teach the subjects that they want you to. Believe in yourself. You can do it. You know the subject very well.”

“I know.”, I replied. “But can I teach it.”

“Yes, you can.”

“Me or Tom?”

“Either of you.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“I am.”

Saturday morning after breakfast we headed to Taos to meet with Mr. Tsinajinnie to have our new finds appraised. When we walked into his office, I wasn’t surprised to also find Mr. Lapahie there. He’s the silversmith that is also very knowledgeable in turquoise.

Ajie was carrying the camera bag, and I was carrying the wood box. We set the wood box on Mr. Tsinajinnie work table and told the two men the story of the wood box. And then we showed them the contents, all the tools. Both men were very interested in everything.

Mr. Tsinajinnie asked, “So you think that these are Kilchii Nez’s tools.”

“Yes, and so does Mr. Yazzie and Ahiga Biakeddy.”, I said. “And I think that the maker's marks on them, which is Kilchii’s, prove it.

Mr. Tsinajinnie picked up one of the tools and looked carefully at it, found the maker’s mark and showed it to Mr. Lapahie. And they both agreed that the maker’s mark was Kilchii’s.

Then I said,”There was one other thing that gave us a good hint that this was Kilchii’s box.”

“What was that?”, Mr. Tsinajinnie asked.

I reached into the camera bag and took out the maker’s marking tool, and as I unwrapped it and handed it to the two men, I said, “Just this.”

The two men looked at the tool, and Mr. Tsinajinnie asked, “This was in that box?”

“Yes, in a secret compartment with some other things.”

“Secret compartment?”

I went on to show the two men the secret compartment. And they were amazed. Then Mr. Tsinajinnie asked, “What else was in there?”

Ajie handed me the two wrapped packages that had been in the secret compartment. I set them on the work table and untied the string holding them together. The first one that I unwrapped was the coins, they looked at the coins, and Mr. Lapahie said, “The coins are very nice, and they look to be uncirculated.”

“Is that good?”, I asked.

“It makes them worth more.”

“Sorry, but I don’t do coins.”, Mr. Tsinajinnie said. “You’d need to take them to a coin dealer.”

“Okay.”, I said. “We’ll do that.”

Then as I unwrapped the other package, I said, “How about these?”

This package had the earrings and two Conchos in it. The two men looked carefully at the four pieces. Then Mr. Tsinajinnie said, “These pieces are very nice. I assume that they are Kilchii's work?”

“According to the maker’s mark, yes.”

“Was there anything else?”

“One last thing.”

Ajie handed me the hair-pipe bone choker with silver pieces, and I gave it to Mr. Tsinajinnie. And he said, “And this looks like the best piece yet.”

Then I said, “Take a close look at the maker’s marks on this piece. You’ll find Kilchii's maker’s mark and another one. Mr. Yazzie and Ahiga Biakeddy think that this is one of Kilchii's earliest pieces and it was made along with whoever was teaching him to be a silversmith.”

The two men went over the piece very carefully, then Mr. Lapahie said, “In all my years of being a silversmith, I’ve never seen a piece with two maker’s marks on it. But, Kilchii's are on the smaller pieces, and the other maker’s mark is on the big piece. Who’s the other maker’s mark belong to?”

“No one seems to know. Ahiga Biakeddy is attempting to find out.”

“How do you know Ahiga?”

“He’s my uncle’s cousin.”

With a laugh, Mr. Lapahie said, “Another one of Ahiga’s cousins. It appears that he has hundreds.”

“We’ve heard that.”

We left everything but the coins with Mr. Tsinajinnie, and he gave us a receipt for everything. And he told us to come back after lunch, and he’d have the appraisal done.

We drove over to the area where the native artisan shops were. Our first stop was the pottery and basket shop where we’d purchased some of the things that we used to decorate the apartment. Ajie was looking for something. When we walked in the woman recognized us, and said, “Welcome back.”

“Thank you.”, Ajie said.

“Are you looking for anything in particular?”

“Yes, grandmother has a nice piece of pottery in her apartment, and I’d like to find something like it.”

Ajie went on to describe it to the woman. And the woman took us to an area that had some pieces like Ajie was looking for, and she left us to work with another customer.

Ajie took a close look at some pieces. Then stood back, looked at them all, picked up one, and asked, “What do you think?”

“I like it.”, I replied.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

We walked up to the front counter, and Ajie set the piece of pottery on the counter. The lady saw what Ajie had picked out, and said, “That is a very nice piece.”

“We thought so too.”, Ajie replied.

We paid for the piece and the woman carefully wrapped it up. We said so long to her and walked down the block to Mr. Yazzie’s shop. As we walked in Mr. Yazzie looked up from his work, smiled, and said, “There are two of my favorite people.”

“What!”, I said. “Aren’t we your favorite customers any longer?”

“You two are more than customers. You’re like family.”

“We look at you that way too Mr. Yazzie.”

“So what are you two up to.”

“We took the box and everything that was in it to Mr. Tsinajinnie this morning.”, I replied. “And Ajie wanted a piece of pottery, so we stopped just up the street, and she found what she wanted. And we decided to stop and say hello.”

“I’m glad you did. And I’m also happy that you’re having everything appraised.”

“We’re going to have to take the coins to a coin dealer. Mr. Tsinajinnie doesn’t do coins.”

“I don’t know of any around here.”

“We’re going to check in Albuquerque.”

“That may be a good place.”

“Mr. Yazzie.”, I asked. “Aren’t you afraid of being in this store by yourself with all the silver?”

“No. Not really.”, he replied.

“We think we interrupted something at Ahiga Biakeddy’s shop in Old Town the other day. There were two guys in there, and he was nervous with how they were acting, and they left quickly when Ajie and I walked in.”

“I have an alarm system that goes directly to the police. And all the shop owners in this area look after each other. Plus there’s something under the counter just in case.”

“Okay. I feel a little better.”

We chatted a little more then told Mr. Yazzie that we’d be back after we’d seen Mr. Tsinajinnie and gotten the appraisal. Then Ajie and I did some window shopping. We didn’t buy anything but enjoyed looking.

When lunchtime time was here, Ajie got her wish, a meal at Doc Martin’s Restaurant at the Taos Inn. And we enjoyed a leisurely lunch.

After we’d finished eating, we headed back to Mr. Tsinajinnie’s to see what his appraisal of the contents of the wooden box was.

We found that Mr. Lapahie had already left. And just like last time, Mr. Tsinajinnie had us sit at a table, and he explained what he and Mr. Lapahie had done. They’d taken a Polaroid picture of each piece, assigned a number to the picture, and that cross-referenced an entry on his report.

And also like last time, he went on to explain that all of Kilchii Nez’s work was in a way priceless since they couldn’t be replaced. So that whatever a collector would pay for it would be their value. But for insurance, it’s different, and he went on to explain that.

He also told us that all of my grandfather’s silver was not Sterling, and the artistry and turquoise put them into the museum-quality range. And that was noted in his report.

He went over each piece of jewelry line by line, and the final entry on each line was the insurance value that he and Mr. Lapahie had set. There were only the four pieces of jewelry, so that didn’t take long. But, I was shocked as to what the value of these pieces were.

Then he went over the tools, and he told us that they only had value to a serious collector and he placed the value of the box and all the tools in it at three-hundred dollars. And then he said that a collector could pay more, especially if it were put out for bid. And he had everything itemized like he did the jewelry.

Then he set the marker’s marking tool on the table, and said, “After talking with Mr. Lapahie, we decided that this tool, being what it is, is like the jewelry that Kilchii Nez made, priceless. It’s one of a kind. Its true value is what a collector would pay for it, but for insurance purposes, we set that value at two-hundred and fifty dollars.”

Then Mr. Tsinajinnie said, “If you don’t mind me asking. Mr. Lapahie and I were wondering what you were thinking of doing with the tools?”

“We haven’t talked about it yet.”, I replied. “But I was thinking of loaning it to a museum. Maybe everything except the marking tool, and doing something special with it for us.”

“I like that. And I think that Mr. Lapahie will too.”

We paid Mr. Tsinajinnie and said our so longs, and headed to see Mr. Yazzie.

When we walked into Mr. Yazzie’s shop he was with a customer, so we waited. When he finished with the customer, and they had left, Mr. Yazzie said, “I think I can tell from the look on your face that Mr. Tsinajinnie had good news.”

As I laid Mr. Tsinajinnie report on the counter, I said, “Yes he did.”

Mr. Yazzie looked over the report, and said, “This doesn’t surprise me. I hope my work becomes worth this much when I’m gone.”

“Mr. Yazzie!”, Ajie said. “Don’t talk that way.”

“Ajie. It happens to all of us, and I’m a realist.”

Ajie just shook her head.

We chatted about what to do with the tools and when I said something about loaning them to a museum. Mr. Yazzie told us to be sure that we could get them back if we wanted to. We assured him that we would.

On the way back to the resort, Ajie said, “I like the idea of the tools in a museum so that people can see what the old masters used. And maybe even with a copy of that picture of Kilchii and maybe a couple of pieces of his work.”

“I’m glad you like that idea. Because I wanted to talk to you about that, but I guess now we won’t have to.”

“I guess not.”

“But I want to talk to my aunt and uncle about a museum and see if they know of a good one.”

“Good idea.”

At dinner, we talked about what we’d found out about Kilchii's tools from Mr. Tsinajinnie. And I brought up the subject of loaning the tools, a copy of his picture, and maybe a piece or two of Kilchii's work to a museum that specializes in Southwestern art. My aunt then said, “You know. I’m also related to Kilchii. And we have room in the hotel lobby for a display like that. And I think it would make a nice addition to the Southwestern things that we already have.”

“I know the guys could build, or find, a secure case to put it in.”, Uncle Paul said. And there’s always someone at the desk.”

I looked at Ajie, she smiled and nodded yes. I looked at my aunt and said, “Aunt Ruth. I like your idea. And I think Ajie does too.”

“Should I talk to the owners and see if they like the idea?”

“Yes. It would only be a loan, and I’d want it insured for the value that Mr. Tsinajinnie listed and any increase that he may come up with.”

After dinner, Ajie and I walked up the cliff trail to watch the Sunset. Of course, there were guests up there. One of the ladies came over to talk to us, and she said, “Girls, you did such a lovely job at the barbecue last night. You made us feel like part of the family.”

“Thank you.”, I said.

“Do you work for the resort?”

“No, my aunt and uncle do operate it for the owners. And we visit from time to time, and my uncle likes it when we do the introductions at the barbecue.”

“Don’t stop doing them. You do a wonderful job.”

“Thank you very much.”

As we walked away, Ajie whispered, “See you can talk in front of people.”

“I know.”, I said. And I thought, ‘Yes, Kai can talk in front of people. But can Tom?’

Ajie and I were by ourselves as we watched the Sunset and it was beautiful. And I said, “Pink sky at night. Sailor’s delight. I guess no foot massage tonight.”

“Why do we need a thunderstorm for a foot massage?”

“It’s tradition.”

Ajie looked at me with a sly smile, took my hand, started leading me down the cliff trail, and said, “Come with me. I want to start a new tradition.”

I knew what she was thinking, but I asked, “What new tradition is that?”

“Foot massages when there are no thunderstorms.”

“So we’ll only have that one tradition?”

“No, smarty, we’ll have two traditions.”

~o~O~o~

Dear readers, Remember authors like comments. And even constructive criticism. Please leave a comment. Want to comment but don't want to open an account? Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- with a password of topshelf to leave a comment. Thanks.

AttachmentSize
Image icon pottery3.jpg11.62 KB
up
275 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhh!

My5InchFMHeels's picture

New traditions can be as fun as old traditions! Some even more fun than old traditions. Really curious about the coins that they found, not sure how long they have been in that box, but if it's a great deal of time, they can be worth a handy sum all by themselves.

We may just find out about

We may just find out about those coins at a later date.

Monitary values for

Heirlooms is meaningless, considering their value is mostly sentimental, If you are forced to accept money for them you have suffered a great loss, The coins to me fall into a different category, since they are replaceable in theory.

And since all the jewelry is

And since all the jewelry is of sentimental value to Kai and Ajie, even though there is some real value to it, is why they will never sell any of it.

So the cat is half way out of the bag?

Monique S's picture

I'd really like to see Kai Nez teaching electronics.

Please, pretty please, Teddie?

Love,
Monique.

Monique S

Monique. Monique. Monique.

Monique. Monique. Monique. (Hmm. That's almost as good as Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. from the Brady Bunch.) Do you really think a bunch of college guys would put up with a girl teaching them electronics? Now come on let's get real.

I had a fantastic female math teacher

Monique S's picture

in an all boys College type school in 1968 in Germany, Hun. She was the only one I ever met, who could teach even the most stupid git in my class maths. All the boys loved her. I didn't really need her motivation, as I was one of the best in Maths and Physics, but she really made it interesting for all, even the most complicated stuff. So ...

She wasn't particularly pretty, but Kai ... they'd love her, I am sure.

Hugs,
Monique.

Monique S

I've been trying to remember

I've been trying to remember a woman teacher that motivated me, and the only one that comes to mind was my 3rd-grade teacher. And I can no longer remember her name.

It's rare to find a teacher that really knows a subject and can teach it so that the students actually learn the subject and enjoy it. I can only remember one teacher that did that, and that was in college. It was a class in hazardous materials and it was laced with a LOT of chemistry. And he made me love it.

I was very good at computer stuff, and if I took a college level class just for the fun of it, as I was working at a university at the time and it was free, the instructors used to hate to see me in class.

As it was, Teddie,

Monique S's picture

at the age of thirty I (already in transition for a while) taught a bunch of established "lighting technicians" what creative lighting is really like. We had a tent in Grüneburgpark and lots of brand spanking new Rank Strand equipment including the first computerised desk from them, but the technical director of the Alte Oper in Frankfurt had overlooked, that a circus tent does not come with sockets for 96 2 Kilowatt lights and the appropriate connetions for the power packs and desk. We had not an inch of cable.

The guys from the Alte Oper hated me, as I had them making up cables (about 2 Km of them) for more than a week, but I manged to get the tent up and running as a theatre within a fortnight while at the same time designing and programming the lighting for the opening act.

In the end they had to admit, that on their own they would have never managed. It is one of my most valued experiences as a female technician. It all boils down to competence in the end. That would apply to Kai, too, I think.

Monique S

Monique, that sounds like a

Monique, that sounds like a very interesting project. And run by a woman. Hopefully, they learned that it's not the person, but the knowledge that the person has and the ability to put it to work. Hopefully, if Kai teaches the classes instead of Tom that it'll work for her.

Love to go back to Germany

Joslyn D's picture

I was actually born in Schtuttgart Germany and was able to go back and visit for about 2 weeks before we headed to Kosovo, we were in A different part of Germany though.

I do think it would be interesting if Kai ended up teaching the class and seeing what she would do with it, she is a Fire ball when it comes to controlling others, much more than Tom seems to be, I know for my and my other when he comes out he is less confident on things but gives me some good reminders of things and well after everything we have been thru... let’s just say he doesn’t like coming out very much anymore due to it all. There are some things in lifer that can just tire you out so much that you feel useless most the time and would rather be done with it all. Trying to find places now days that are strong with spiritual energy is very hard not to mention good spiritual energy. We have no decent place near by where I currently live witch bites.
OMG ok John wants to talk
Well sorry to interrupt, Joslyn was around before I was originally named Jennifer, she was the first one to own and run this body then in some ways I was forced to take over it since our father thought we should just be male and stay that way and even went as far as to have a certain minor surgery since this body originally had both male and female parts with the female being the more dominate one and now days the issue is to at least get that part back opened and reformed.
John

Wow why don’t you just tell them the whole thing, wait no that would take all night and it’s long enough, now what am I suppose to say, anyways Thank you Teddy for another great chapter and can’t wait to see what Kai/Tom decides
Hugs
Joslyn

Hi Joslyn. Thanks for the

Hi Joslyn. Thanks for the comments and the information. You too, John.

Tommy's Trials...

There is something to be said for Tommy or Kai to be the one to teach. This is where another writer enjoys the decisions of the writer. You are writing an excellent story.

Hug, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you for the nice

Thank you for the nice comment, Jessie C

Kai revealed

Jamie Lee's picture

References can make or break the possibility of getting any position because the applicant doesn't know what questions will be asked, or answers given. That Kai being Tom's Navajo name was revealed, but nothing more, shows great respect by those questioned. Might other questions about Kai be asked of Tom? Might they ask to meet Kai? Might Vickie coach Tom well enough so he gets over fear of speaking in public?

Their find is one of those once in a life time accidents which prove extremely valuable when appraised by an expert. It will be interesting to see what a dealer tells them about the coins, especially if they are all uncirculated and in mint condition. And if there is something special other than the dates on the coins.

Others have feelings too.